shape
carat
color
clarity

Octagon lab diamonds at James Allen

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just noticed that James Allen now has octagon shaped diamonds. I (personally) prefer them over the decagon because
they are less busy and my mind likes less busy (YMMV). I dont think they are cut as well as decagons though...so there's
the tradeoff.

octagon.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, awesome!
Looks like somebody found a JannPaul patent loophole (or royalty agreement)...LOL

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish someone would buy one and let us know what they think...

Whoa, awesome!
Looks like somebody found a JannPaul patent loophole (or royalty agreement)...LOL

I wonder if 8 mains instead of 10 mains is enough of a design change to not breach the patent. Not sure how all that works!

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I was able to visit the James Allen showroom in Georgetown. it was really nice being able to try on all the different settings while I was there. Anyway, I talked about the decagon with the staff person, to me it just looks like a round once it’s actually in a setting. I much prefer the step cut version that has six or eight sided.

it’s not as if I think it’s ugly, I just think you would have to get a setting made to *highlight* the fact that it’s eight sided if you want it to be obvious.

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I meant octagon. Free wine at the hotel and I was half asleep yesterday! :???: I prefer step cut octagons over the way this one is cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results