shape
carat
color
clarity

Obtaining ASET imagery from Ritani, issues anyone else??

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!! I’m trying to get ASET imagery on two diamonds from Ritani. I requested it last Wednesday for one and Thursday for the other. I hadn’t heard back so I checked in today and was informed that not all vendors will provide the ASET imagery and was told Ritani itself does not have the technology to do so. I at least got confirmation they will let me know if the vendor refuses.

Is this normal?? What are my other options as I suck at photography if I spent the $50 myself to buy an ASET scope and wouldn’t be confident in myself to assess the imagery on my own.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ritani doesnt have their stones in house. They buy directly from suppliers, so if those folks dont have the tech to do ASETs photography then you wont be able to get it.

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much. Yes I do realize that their supplies comes from outside vendors. I guess I just assumed vendors had that technology. This is my first big diamond purchase I’m doing. So I’m learning quickly, or attempting , going a little bonkers trying to wrap my head around all this.

Last couple big purchases I used DG so he vetted it all for me but this time around he’s much out of my price range.

Any tips on how to better assess the diamond if I can’t get an ASET image? Would my best bet to purchase an ASET scope on my own and attempt? I think I saw a link to one somewhere on here, maybe in the education section.

howlucky

Rough_Rock
I also requested ASET images for 4 diamonds from Ritani, and they were only able to provide one (after a lot of follow up). They also never let me know whether they could or couldn't obtain the rest of the images, even though they said they would, so I'd keep following up.

Others on this forum likely have additional advice, but I'm thinking that you have a few options - 1/Keep reaching out to Ritani and maybe see if there are any stones in-house or ones that they already have ASET imagery for, 2/Cross-reference the cert numbers and see if the diamonds you're interested in are listed on other sites and if they can get the stones in to take images and price match Ritani (I ultimately got my diamond through Frank Darling, and they took ASET pictures and videos for me once they got the stone into HQ before shipping to me), or 3/Get the diamonds in and see if there's a local jeweler with scope who can help you vet.

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!! This is some great advice!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
You can also sort for GCAL. I have bought a good amount from Ritani. Their quality and pricing is great. But almost like a Venn diagram, those two things together, customer service at a volume dealer with (assumed) low margins will be adequate. Anything above that level is a blessing. I keep going back, but my fingers stay crossed.

I would look for GCAL stones.

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
MMTwo Thank you. I do have a couple saved. I also have my eye on one that is way out of budget that may take some convincing with my husband.

I had impulsively purchased a diamond last week because I got excited with the 34.6/40.8/57.5 but after others took a look I found out it may have pavilion twisting. Well that diamond is being delivered today and Ritani was never able to get the ASET image. So I will take a look with my own eyes and see if i notice it. I looked into buying an ASET scope but with shipping it would cost like $75 and I wouldn't be guaranteed I would get it in time as I only have 15 days with this first stone.

I live about 15 minutes from Continental diamonds. I wonder if I bought a couple other stones I have saved and if they'd take an hourly rate to assess the stones, maybe use the $75 I would have spent for my untrained eye to look at it. (i may go through Continental though as well for the setting). I did send them a message so we will see it they are able to help.

I don't trust my own eye and don't always notice things right away so i'd hate to keep a stone and notice something down the road and not like it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think that is a great idea!
Let me also say, that there is beautiful and beautiful. I did not order an Asset with the stone that is my avatar. I do have an Asset viewer at home and looked at it. There is a feather that does warp the light performance a little bit on that edge. But, all in all it is so flipping pretty I shrugged. Nope, not perfect, but almost perfect.

I would not trade it back for anything else.

Trust yourself to know beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results