shape
carat
color
clarity

Observations About Brilliant Earth

KalebK

Rough_Rock
The short:
Brilliant Earth is selling many more HRD graded lab-grown diamonds than I have noticed in the past.

The long:
I purchased a lab-grown diamond from BE about 6 months ago. While I appreciate the help from PriceScope, it also infected me with a disease where I have kept browsing virtually every day after my purchase for "fun."

My parameters were a $4,000 round with J or better color and VS2 or better clarity. Searching with these parameters very recently brought up a whole bunch of HRD graded stones. A quick search indicates HRD reports seem to be trustworthy, with some minor differences for better and for worse.

One interesting metric on their reports is the sum of the crown and pavilion angles. While I've learned how to judge these numbers based on their inverse relationship and use tools like the HCA and asking the forum, I never thought of adding these numbers up to make any determination. Can it be that simple?

It may be in my head, but it also seems like BE is now pricing based on light performance. What I mean is that 6 months ago when I was looking, a poorly cut stone of the same color, carat and clarity was priced very similarly to an excellent cut stone of the same color, carat and clarity. That seems to have changed for the type of stones I'm browsing for.

Finally, the prices seem to have gone down a little bit, maybe 5% or so.

KalebK

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention that at this time I don't see any pictures or videos with the HRD graded stones. This is obviously not good but maybe temporary.

Their grading reports don't seem gimmicky to me. Almost the opposite, they make the other grading reports seem gimmicky. Just a thought.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting your observations :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results