shape
carat
color
clarity

Oatmeal Cookie recipe (for Mara & others interested)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here is the recipe I talked about. It's 3 WW points for 2 cookies without raisins, 4pts with raisins for 2 cookies.

They are totally yummers.

Jeannine

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup uncooked quick oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp table salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg white(s)
3 tbs water

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Place butter in a large bowl or in the bowl of a mixer and beat butter for a few seconds. Gradually add sugars and beat to combine.

Add egg white & water to butter mixture and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients and beat to combine.

Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto 2 cookie sheets coated with PAM, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake until set and golden, about 11 to 14 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Yields 2 cookies per serving.

Notes

Adding 1/2 cup of raisins to the batter increases the POINTS value to 4 per serving (2 cookies per serving).

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Note: I edited the recipe, since I realized that I preferred to add 3tbs water to make the cookies more moist, as well as spraying the sheet with PAM before baking.

but those are my modifications, and not neccessary.

mmmm timer went off.....cookies!!!

Jeannine

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for posting this DG!!! i will definitely try it soon!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Jeannine--Thanks for posting this cookie recipe. I made them using the brown sugar version of Splenda and dried cranberries. Yum....and even fewer points!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I had a total oatmeal cookie craving, so I searched on PS and *of course* I found a recipe ... I love this place
36.gif

I aslo made this w/the splenda brown sugar and dried cranberries, and they''re DELISH!

Now when you say it''s 4 pts. for a serving, that only applies to baked cookies, right? Not the dough, riiiight? B/c I''ve only had like two baked cookies ... but about eight cookies'' worth of dough!
31.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much for posting! I am going to make this week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i so want to make this, thanks for the bump and reminder!

i found a great recipe with only a little flour for oatmeal chocolate chip using sweetleaf (like splenda) and i make it for us sometimes. the cookies are tiny though lol!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I was searching like a madwoman for this recipe last night. I couldn''t find it but THANK GOODNESS someone else did!!! Will make them this week!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh DG or whoever else made the recipe, how many cookies did you end up with? i am trying to figure out how many cals per cookie rather than ww points...!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 11:28:20 PM
Author: Mara
oh DG or whoever else made the recipe, how many cookies did you end up with? i am trying to figure out how many cals per cookie rather than ww points...!
I think 18 or 20 ... but I seriously ate a LOT of dough, so you could maybe wind up with more if you actually BAKED them all!
3.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I wound up with about 16 cookies....4 points for 2 cookies (or 2 points per cookie) and in WW lingo, a point is about 70calories

You guys just reminded me that I have uncooked dough in my fridge! mMMMMM COOKIES!

Jeannine

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that recipe is SO not 70 calories for a cookie...hehe.

assuming you use the recipe as is, but substitute splenda or another 0 cal white sugar sub...it would come out to about 2000 cals total. for 18 cookies that's 111 cals per cookie. if you didn't sub the sugar, it'd be more like 2200 cals so like 122 cals for 18 cookies. you can sub as necessary, aka i'd probably try subbing the brown sugar splenda and use real white sugar to get more flavor...so it might be a little less if you sub the brown since brown sugar and white sugar have about 15 cals per *teaspoon*. so 3/4c of brown sugar is like 500 cals or something crazy.

anyway...i still want to try them for sure! i was just curious about what the cal count was since i don't do points...and now i figure i'll have to sub both sugars to get it under 100!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
No no...1 point is 70 calories...and a cookie is 2 points...= ONE cookie is 140 calories...make sense?

cheers!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:39:25 AM
Author: divergrrl
No no...1 point is 70 calories...and a cookie is 2 points...= ONE cookie is 140 calories...make sense?

cheers!
haha YES i actually realized this tonite while driving home, i was like OMG DING DING!!! 70 points for 1 point not 1 cookie. lol. see i could never do this points thing. hahaha.

i found the most awesome trader joes chocolate brownie cookies that are 120 cals each, taste literally like chocolate brownies, and they are pretty darn big. these are my current guilty pleasure and i don't have to bake them. hehe. but i do love me some oatmeal.

just out of curiousity on the points thing, how many points do people typically eat in a day?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
oh mara...i''m off to tj''s tomorrow. don''t say brownie to a pregnant woman.

diver...(not diving for awhile)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results