shape
carat
color
clarity

O/P Colour

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwritchie

Rough_Rock
Hi all.

What a great idea for a forum..I am desperate.

My wife has found a platinum ring..it has a 1.85 princess cut VS1 stone in the centre..with a number of baguettes (28) along the sides.
The colour of the 1.85 stone is O/P.

As this is the lowest colour that I have ever seen I am afraid of the stone.

The ring can be purchased for $7,000 Can (or about $4700 USD).

Does anyone have an opinon on this colour grade?

PW

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Pwritchie, welcome to the forum :)

With O/P color you the diamond should be visibly yellowish. You should be able to get at least L/M (still a bit yellowish though) for the money.

Cassandra

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I happen to have a fondness for the lower colors. :) I think I just have a weakness for diamonds in general. But there is a particular site that I browse through quite often that sells Antique-style settings with the lower colored diamonds, and I think they're just lovely.

Greentree

Rough_Rock
I have an O/P stone. It's very well cut and it's gorgeous. You'll find that even with an O/P stone, you have to 'look' for its tint. I guess I feel about color the way others feel about clarity. If it doesn't detract from the beauty of the stone, why worry about it?

pwritchie

Rough_Rock
Thanks folks..for the gift of a "good nights sleep"great forum..excellent posts

pwritchie

Rough_Rock
oh yes..I forgot... I did buy it tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results