shape
carat
color
clarity

O IF 1.74

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think that would be quite gorgeous! I''m not someone who dislikes yellow in general, so I say why not? There wiould probably be a nice light yellow tint to it, and if I were lucky enough to ever have this stone I''d probably put it in a yellow gold bezel or maybe a halo that would emphasize the color, but NEVER try to hide it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If indeed the cast is yellow and not gray or brownish it could be a beautiful stone. But some stones lower on the color spectrum have other casts and those are what don''t appeal to me personally.

But if you were interested in a lower color stone I would explore the Infinity diamonds as they often cut lower colors and avoid the price jump for this IF by getting something lower in clarity if possible.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that stone looks pretty cool - wish I could get the pictures/video to load on my computer
3.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends in what you are looking for. If you are looking for a FY then I would search for a fancy yellow. If you are looking for a warm colored white diamond, then this one works.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2008 6:26:47 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I think that stone looks pretty cool - wish I could get the pictures/video to load on my computer
3.gif

me too. I think that it looks nice. Would love to see more of it though.

nsaids_nurse420

Shiny_Rock
O IF i could only have this. i have been eyeing this stone for months. my husband and i kinda joke around about it, O only IF i could have this beautiful stone. i hope there''s another one like it in another 9 years!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely but the colour has to be something you embrace, it will be tinted, but if you don''t mind that then great.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I remember someone posted on here that they saw this in person and that it was a real "honey", at least I think that was the word she used!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I love that stone! I''d put in a yellow gold bezel with yellow gold pave halo.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
An O color without a brown or green modifier can be quite beautiful, if well cut.

If Jonathan liked it enough to buy it, it must be nice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d definitely enhance the color with yg around the stone and perhaps some D-E color melee around it for contrast. But I''d have to see it in person to know for sure whether I''d love it. You just can''t tell enough about color in photos.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Like the others, I''d probably set it in a way to emphasize the light yellow tint, like this Q (I can''t believe it''s not a fancy yellow!). An O diamond isn''t really white, so I wouldn''t try to make it look whiter; I''d bring out the beautiful yellow color.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It''s all about your personal feelings...you would be the one living with it day in and day out.

I tell my clients that "gemologically" "D" is the finest color, but "personally" you may prefer

an "O" color. Who am I to tell you what YOU prefer? That''s why ice cream comes in different

flavors. Note: trading "up" or "in" an O color could be an issue because there would have to be a dealer

or buyer that loves the color as much as you do...and the masses prefer colorless and near colorless.

It is an interesting diamond for sure.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be yummy! Especially if it is a honey color!

Cocosgirl

Shiny_Rock
I have had my eye on that stone for ages and even inquired about. Unfortunately it''s out of our price range but a really interesting choice. I had other pics than what was on the gog site but can''t seem to find them . . .e-mail jonathan or marie and they can send you more photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results