shape
carat
color
clarity

NYT live election forecast

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is just so scary. He's unstable. I am not a fan of the aca and many dem policies, but I could never vote for him. He's dangerous. He's divisive . He embraces hate. I fear for our people. It's like watching the rise of Hitler. I hope I'm wrong.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1478665184|4095628 said:
iLander|1478663170|4095600 said:
How are Americans so dumb? How the F did we end up here?

Maybe they aren't "dumb", "sexist" or "hate-filled"; maybe they are simply frustrated at the course the country has been going. And like it or not, they have a right to their feelings as much as those on the left, and they are clearly voicing those feelings with their vote.

No, when we have a man who openly admits to sexual assualting woman, continually makes racist remarks, has no plans on how he is going to fix any of our countries problems, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say America is full of idiots.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
America is full of people and half of them do not agree with the majority of PS posters.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
America is full of Americans and half of them probably would not want to be sexually assaulted, and would not want their leader to be one who condones sexual assaults.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am terrified of a tie, too.

Anyone know WTF is going on with Utah??? If Utah goes to neither, then we might have a tie. Broken by the new House. And the House is gerrymandered to hell and back by the Republicans.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478666957|4095645 said:
America is full of Americans and half of them probably would not want to be sexually assaulted, and would not want their leader to be one who condones sexual assaults.

Then why vote for Hillary? She condoned her husband's "behavior".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Americans are sick and tired of the failed liberal policies.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1478667051|4095647 said:

Great, blame the wife... No...women have not suffered enough. Heap more blame on the woman, who has nothing to do with it.

Blame HC for her husband's behavior. Don't even acknowledge that the actual person who committed the act has any responsibility. Of course. It shouldn't surprise me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously hope that this country pulls together no matter what.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1478667050|4095646 said:

Anyone know WTF is going on with Utah??? If Utah goes to neither, then we might have a tie. Broken by the new House. And the House is gerrymandered to hell and back by the Republicans.
omg NBC just said very likely tie! :wall:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1478667160|4095649 said:

Forgiving someone is not the same as condoning their behavior. That is just... a fallacy.

Forgiving a loved one is an act of compassion. It does not make you complicit in their behavior. You can love someone, you can condemn their behavior and STILL forgive them.

I can't type more without getting banned forever on here.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canada's immigration website has just crashed. PBS newshour

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Great, blame the wife... No...women have not suffered enough. Heap more blame on the woman, who has nothing to do with it.

Blame HC for her husband's behavior. Don't even acknowledge that the actual person who committed the act has any responsibility. Of course. It shouldn't surprise me.
couldn't have said it better... seriously??!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478667129|4095648 said:

Incorrect.

A subsection of Americans are sick and tired of failed policies (many of which, by the way, failed because they were neutered by congress) - and have apparently put their faith into a caricature who stands for nothing they need or want. His fiscal policies will do nothing to empower these groups... but his hatred of anything unlike him - women, minorities, basically non-white non-high-earners - apparently resonates.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upgradingmama|1478667334|4095653 said:

omg NBC just said very likely tie! :wall:
The liberal medias are sore losers... :wall:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1) I didn't "blame" her; she made her choice, and that is her prerogative. But choices have consequences of perception, like it or not.

2) Trump did NOT say he grabbed women ... he was speaking metaphorically about life as a celeb (not that I condone it, just stating the facts). He was NOT charged with nor found guilty of a crime ... just like HRC wasn't charged nor found guilty of her email debacle.

If we are going to hurl allegations either way, let's be sure to do so FAIRLY.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1478667412|4095658 said:

Incorrect.

A subsection of Americans are sick and tired of failed policies (many of which, by the way, failed because they were neutered by congress) - and have apparently put their faith into a caricature who stands for nothing they need or want. His fiscal policies will do nothing to empower these groups... but his hatred of anything unlike him - women, minorities, basically non-white non-high-earners - apparently resonates.

Yes.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1478667654|4095663 said:

Incorrect.

Yes.

At this point the popular vote is nearly 50/50 so when will you admit it is more than a subsection? That very attitude is why this election is turning out this way. Those "deplorables" are many and are being heard it seems.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1478662575|4095593 said:
As I've posted, polls can't pick up people who are ashamed to admit for whom they intend to vote.

Ashamed, my aunt Fannie. :lol: More likely, the polls didn't pick up the magnitude of Trump support. Older Trump supporters just don't answer pollsters, ever. They hang up on the phone polls. Many of them are people who never use a computer, Internet, or smart phone. Many are private people who just don't volunteer information or post their lives on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter. If the pollsters either fail to reach the right people, or the people they reach decline to participate, the results will be incorrect. "Ashamed" in all likelihood is a figment of your imagination. There are Trump signs everywhere in my town. PDRA drag racers had Trump emblazoned on their cars as soon as Trump got the nomination. I didn't see any Hillary decals on those cars, lol. Look at the USA map, where Trump led. It's the flyovers. If the pollsters are polling West Coast and Virginia, then it's easy to see why their results would predict a win for Hillary. :lol: The West Coast and parts of Eastern Seaboard obviously voted quite differently from the rest of the nation. Hillary got 26.7% of the votes in WV, which a blind man could see coming. People voted for jobs and fair trade, voted against Obamacare, voted anti-abortion. But, no, they were the slightest bit ashamed of being Trump supporters. West Coast, northern Eastern Seaboard, and pollsters, and Pricescope were just too far out of the loop. :lol:

eta: My ex-husband never failed to take a survey or fill out a response card, with complete lies. He got his jollies being, as he called it, "part of the margin of error."

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1478667616|4095661 said:

1) I didn't "blame" her; she made her choice, and that is her prerogative. But choices have consequences of perception, like it or not.

2) Trump did NOT say he grabbed women ... he was speaking metaphorically about life as a celeb (not that I condone it, just stating the facts). He was NOT charged with nor found guilty of a crime ... just like HRC wasn't charged nor found guilty of her email debacle.

If we are going to hurl allegations either way, let's be sure to do so FAIRLY.

Jen, you don't get it. I'm not saying that it was her fault. Her husband's actions are his alone. Oh forget it. Not worth it. Believe what you want to. I will do the same.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1478667343|4095654 said:

Forgiving someone is not the same as condoning their behavior. That is just... a fallacy.

Forgiving a loved one is an act of compassion. It does not make you complicit in their behavior. You can love someone, you can condemn their behavior and STILL forgive them.

I can't type more without getting banned forever on here.

It's ok Gypsy. No amount of explaining will work. Maybe time and experience will allow for more wisdom.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1478667924|4095665 said:
At this point the popular vote is nearly 50/50 so when will you admit it is more than a subsection? That very attitude is why this election is turning out this way. Those "deplorables" are many and are being heard it seems.

^^This^^

I find it quite arrogant to resort to name calling and dismiss the feelings of people you don't know simply because you don't agree with them, and it's certainly not very 'tolerant'.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Incorrect.

Yes.

... And when our economy is completely destroyed, when the global economy has been dragged down with it, when women are second-class citizens and minorities come in a far third and gay families have been torn apart, when we've ballooned the deficit beyond all prayer of repair to "keep 'em outsiders out!!" with immigration policies borne of xenophobia...

Yes, they'll have been heard.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478668222|4095669 said:
It's ok Gypsy. No amount of explaining will work. Maybe time and experience will allow for more wisdom.

And you just made my last point. :clap:

Just because we don't agree 1) doesn't make you right and me wrong; and, 2) is not cause to be condescending.

Tolerance & respect for others is something the left constantly preaches yet seemingly doesn't practice.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1478668416|4095673 said:

Incorrect.

Yes.

... And when our economy is completely destroyed, when the global economy has been dragged down with it, when women are second-class citizens and minorities come in a far third and gay families have been torn apart, when we've ballooned the deficit beyond all prayer of repair to "keep 'em outsiders out!!" with immigration policies borne of xenophobia...

Because that crystal ball of yours works so well. :rolleyes: Like I said I hope this country can come together.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A lot of Mormons who would normally vote Republican don't believe Trump represents their values. The Deseret News, the major newspaper that is thought to represent the LDS church, has not endorsed Trump and called on him to drop out of the race after the "pussy" tapes emerged. Many Utahans can't see themselves voting for Clinton either though. A relative unknown named Evan McMullin, a former CIA agent and Republican congressional staffer - and a Mormon - may do well there. He's also only 40 so could show up in future presidential races.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1478668677|4095676 said:
Yssie|1478668416|4095673 said:

Incorrect.

Yes.

Because that crystal ball of yours works so well. :rolleyes: Like I said I hope this country can come together.

My crystal ball is fueled by what Trump has SAID and CAMPAIGNED WITH - he wanted Mexico to build a wall for us, he refused to release tax returns and we got enough background from what was leaked to kind of sort of figure out why... and his running mate is even more terrifying: I maintain Trump is a blustering buffoon; Pence is driven to force his ideology on everyone else. You do know he believes in conversion therapy, for example, right? :errrr:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess the coming together won't start here on PS. Stay nasty if that is what you are. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1478668707|4095677 said:

A lot of Mormons who would normally vote Republican don't believe Trump represents their values. The Deseret News, the major newspaper that is thought to represent the LDS church, has not endorsed Trump and called on him to drop out of the race after the "pussy" tapes emerged. Many Utahans can't see themselves voting for Clinton either though. A relative unknown named Evan McMullin, a former CIA agent and Republican congressional staffer - and a Mormon - may do well there. He's also only 40 so could show up in future presidential races.

Yes. But. The third party candidate there is practically tied with Clinton. So ....bleep, bleep, bleep.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
We've been hacked.

That's my contention. IT's just too much of a mis-match. Too much. The polls can't be this far off. Especially Utah, Florida, Pennsylvania. States that Obama carried? WTF? The Obama voters became Trump voters? No.

What will Trump do? I think we will "join Russia to fight ISIS". Then we will not back NATO. Then we will become Allies with Russia.

Why do I think that?

Because that's the only thing Trump has been consistent on throughout: Russia/Putin not bad, why can't we fight ISIS with Russia, not sure Russians are actually hacking, NATO needs to pay their way.

It's a Russian coup. No question.

Remember when I posted that we were at war with Russia?
FACTS: We sanctioned them, froze their international assets, cut off access to their international banks, sanctioned them and plunged the price of oil because they make a ton of $$$ on oil. Even the price of diamonds has dropped. So they a guy dumb enough to do their bidding in the White House.

Canada here I come. At least DH can get healthcare.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results