shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC on July 4th... HOT!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.. DH and I did our annual grown up trip.. this year we picked NYC because we really only had time for a long weekend. First.. all the jewelers take this holiday off.. not good planning for diamond gazing unless you can find a sucker like David at DBL who will come in and show you some stuff (I had to drop off my EC to get it resized... and he was nice enough to come in a few hours to entertain me).

We did have a fabulous trip... I couldn't believe how freaking hot it was.. but we did the following things... whimpy Floridan's complaining about the heat!

The Met.. love it everytime..
We tried to do Cooper Hewitt.. it was closed for renovation.. :(sad
The Nomad for dinner.. yummmm
Aureole for dinner... also very good
Sarabeth's for Breakfast...
Barney Greengrass for Breakfast.. (thank you David...) we did this one twice we liked it so much
Keste Pizza which is my favorite.. we order our own and we don't share... :-o
We saw "Mowtown the Musical" and LOVED it....
and we saw the Yankees get beat by Baltimore.. talk about hot... the best part were the people behind us.. Yelling "Letsssss go JANKEES!!!"... they will forever by The Jankees in our house..

A few pictures of the treasures Mr. DBL let me play with while I was dropping off my ring...

Thanks David it was big time fun..and the only jewelry I saw all week... except for a quick trip into Harry Winston where they had a crazy big pear.. crazy big... like 100 cts.. I don't know it was amazing and the EC was only 45 cts... :-o

img_1350.jpg

img_3804.jpg

img_1352.jpg

img_3800.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
couple more.... just because it was fun.. DH enjoyed this as much as I did....

img_3778.jpg

img_1353.jpg

img_3786.jpg

img_3793.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey!! :wavey: They all look FAR Better on your lovely long slim hand than those same ones looked on my fat pudgy swollen ones...
I remember thinking that pear was out of this world in that setting!!! :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last ones...

ok.. the last picture DH took... thank you Mr. Mayk.... I was looking at a 2.24 L SBF that I tried to put in my pocket :devil: .. David asked me to leave... :-o oh come on David.. I was just kidding...

img_3774.jpg

img_3781.jpg

img_3808.jpg

img_3803.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, MayK, beautiful bling on your lovely hands! And I'm so glad you enjoyed NY in July. It is certainly hotter than the devil's breath here these days lol.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
New career perhaps? ;)) You look so professional there - and INTENT on grading some gem, that's for sure!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1373492604|3480507 said:
Ooh, MayK, beautiful bling on your lovely hands! And I'm so glad you enjoyed NY in July. It is certainly hotter than the devil's breath here these days lol.

Missy..you hit the nail on the head!!!! hotter than the devil's breath...

Three showers a day.. I ran out of clothing I changed so often.. I have never been on a trip where I run out.. We would go back to the room mid day.. just take a break from the heat.. shower and go out again.. and then back before dinner to shower.. again!!!! It was crazy if you were hoofing it..

We also did the Highline and the Chelsea Market... that was BLUE BLAZING HOT!!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1373492636|3480508 said:
New career perhaps? ;)) You look so professional there - and INTENT on grading some gem, that's for sure!

Professional... slacker... :naughty:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Oh yummy blingy goodness! Love that first pear!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that old pear is gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
that 3-stone EC, the pear halo, that oval sapphire... *DROOL*

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3 stone EC is TDF! What a great way to spend the day! :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yowsa, beautiful pieces!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh thank you so much for sharing! The FY EC three stone is incredible. Off to look up how much of my future lotto winnings it will require...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! Mayk, those are all stunning pieces. I am amazed you left without getting one, I mean, without sticking one in your pocket! LOL! I really need to go to NYC again and stop in at DBL. I also need to sell the rest of my jewelry so I can buy something there. I love every single piece, but I agree with you that the earring would make a fab pendant. I am in love with it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh I am dying over here :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks mayk for all these wonderful pics! Your husband's favourite is mine too! :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

You know I've always admired that antique pear in that setting. I've been super close to buying it but never did. It also doesn't look as bulky on hand than it does in the pics.

I'm glad you had fun Mayk!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything, EVERYTHING is beautiful! You lucky thing!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: LOVE the pics of all the rings.. such finery!
Yes it was beastly HOT here in New York on July 4th.. but it seems like you had a wonderful vacation anyway. :appl:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can I just say how much DW and I enjoyed meeting Mayk, and Mr Mayk!!
Barney Greengrass, for those who've not tried it, is the absolute best Bagels and Lox in NYC.
Normally you can wait an hour at 10 am- but we got SUPER lucky and sat right down.
A great time was had by all.
A the office, mayhem ensued- including the instillation of a new ( and cherished ) AC unit.
But Mayk, and DH were troopers!

I was quite impressed how Mayk picked up the Harry Winston looping method in no time at all.

I love the photos- thanks to hubby for taking them and to you for posting them Mayk.
Next time you've got to come back when it's snowing....so you can get a real contrast from gool 'ol Southern weather:)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nuummmmnummmmnummm....I'll take one from column A, one from column B and because I'm greedy, I'll just take everything in column C!! Wow, what gorgeous pieces! Your photos (OK, Mr. MayK's photos!) are awesome!! I felt like I was there next to you....though it was good that I wasn't because I would have had to slap you to get that pear off of your hand!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Glad that you had such a great trip! It's so much fun to have your heels sink into the concrete in the city isn't it??

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1373581906|3481390 said:
Nuummmmnummmmnummm....I'll take one from column A, one from column B and because I'm greedy, I'll just take everything in column C!! Wow, what gorgeous pieces! Your photos (OK, Mr. MayK's photos!) are awesome!! I felt like I was there next to you....though it was good that I wasn't because I would have had to slap you to get that pear off of your hand!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Glad that you had such a great trip! It's so much fun to have your heels sink into the concrete in the city isn't it??

:lol: :lol: Two southern girls in a slap war for a diamond.. imagine that... Mr. Mayk could sell those pictures :naughty: :Up_to_something:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mayk|1373592943|3481506 said:
yennyfire|1373581906|3481390 said:

:lol: :lol: Two southern girls in a slap war for a diamond.. imagine that... Mr. Mayk could sell those pictures :naughty: :Up_to_something:
Hmmm, if we sell enough of them, maybe we can afford one of those lovely rings!! :Up_to_something:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yum. :lickout: AND fun! :love:

cheers--Sharon

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
Mayk|1373492246|3480500 said:
couple more.... just because it was fun.. DH enjoyed this as much as I did....
You found a man who enjoys jewelry shopping as much as you did? What a keeper! ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Las Vegas and NYC bling shopping in just a little over a month? I'd say Mr Mayk is keeper alright!!! Sounds like you had a great trip! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results