shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC appraiser recommendation

Acrata

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for an NYC appraiser who is professional and has an office with nice light (preferably natural sunlight) for viewing a diamond. I've searched the forum and found a few suggestions, but the threads are pretty old.

David Wolf: seems most recommended on PS
Robert Aretz: also recommended
Mark Bunda: mixed reviews

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking for an NYC appraiser who is professional and has an office with nice light (preferably natural sunlight) for viewing a diamond. I've searched the forum and found a few suggestions, but the threads are pretty old.

David Wolf: seems most recommended on PS
Robert Aretz: also recommended
Mark Bunda: mixed reviews

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

My choice is Mr. Barry Block "Jewelry Judge" in Long Island. Don't know if you have access to car but if you do, He is worth a visit. He is located in Garden City Long Island. Very nice man and always honest. You will walk away with an education and an detailed appraisal.

Barry S. Block, GG, CSM-NAJA, ASA - Jewelry Judge - The Nation's ...
www.jewelryjudge.net/block.htm

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm scheduled to use David Wolf next week. They do a very thorough inspection of the diamond and setting, noting ANY marks they find or discrepancies between what you have and think you should have. Apparently it ends up being a 15 page write-up.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've used the GAL (Gemlab.com) for multiple appraisals and have been happy with all of them. Would definitely recommend them.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Used David Wolfe many years ago, he did a very comprehensive job.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used Barry Block in the past, and referred my friend in NYC to David Wolfe who had nothing but good things to say.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just Appraisers - NYC - David Wolf. You do a google search and find him easily. He comes highly recommended. Just remember that you want an appraiser that DOES NOT sell diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results