shape
carat
color
clarity

NumberOneGem is the new odysseygem

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Tan messaged me the other day and said Odyssey Gem is now NumberOneGem. Does anyone still buy from Tan? I hadn't bought anything in ages from him.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have a link to the new site? I tried to google it, but was unsuccessful.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't heard this. I had Odyssey bookmarked but see they've removed everything. the only number 1 gym I saw is for well... a gym :lol:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I found it. I went to ebay. There were some spinels, tourmalines, tanzanite a and a really pretty scapolite. None of the stones I saw had bids on them yet and they were all really inexpensive. I don't know what to think about that.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I looked at the link. hmmm... the prices seem to be low because quality is lacking. Maybe there's more to come. I'll take the wait and see stance for now.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is confusing. Is Tan still there?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I googled "Odysseygem.com", the store, that was still active a couple of months ago. And he still had decent stones, most candidates for the recut, but nice.

Here is what came up: "Do not feel disappointed. I would able to assit you in any gemstones urgently needed.
Contact me at my personnel mail "[email protected]""

I wonder if (for whatever reason) the domain was bought by someone who knew that Tan had a good reputation?

More on a personal level than anything else, since I have not been buying from Tan for a while, I would like to wish Tan good health. I sincerely hope he is OK.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point, Ark.

I haven't purchased from Tan for several years.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ofysseygem.com is up, and has stones. I wonder if it's being monitored though. I would not buy anything from that site without checking first.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I don't see gems, I still see the message:

DEAR CUSTOMER
Do not feel disappointed. I would able to assit you in any gemstones urgently needed.
Contact me at my personnel mail "[email protected]"

Many Thanks

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1486178972|4124094 said:
I don't see gems, I still see the message:

DEAR CUSTOMER
Do not feel disappointed. I would able to assit you in any gemstones urgently needed.
Contact me at my personnel mail "[email protected]"

Many Thanks

He just changed it because I saw gems shortly prior to the new message. I hope Tan is ok.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I feel like CS hunting has changed a lot in the last few years. I emailed Gary Dutton to ask about spinels from Antoine Hoang, and both have retired from the gemstone business.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, so sad. They had this site, "Kingdom of red spinel", a site where occasionally they would post amazing stones, and I bought two blue spinels from Antoine, one is already set. And I remember visiting their site, and thinking, "one day". And one day the site was not there.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I saw numberonegem is in the list of trusted sellers and seems to have good feedback on Ebay (although small numbers)

I am after a Tanzanite. Has anyone purchased from this store of late? They are on the trusted list but can't find much feedback on here about them

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw numberonegem is in the list of trusted sellers and seems to have good feedback on Ebay (although small numbers)

I am after a Tanzanite. Has anyone purchased from this store of late? They are on the trusted list but can't find much feedback on here about them

I purchased a spinel and chrysoberyl from Numberonegem after they had closed their other stores. Back when Tan was running the stores you knew what you were buying in that he had stones that ranged from poor quality to excellent quality. His photos and videos reflected that in that he did not try to hide windows or flaws. You got what you paid for. My last purchases were a disappointment in that IMHO the windows of the stones were hidden in the photography and videos and the stones were not cheap. So personally- I will not buy from Numberonegem again.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that feedback. They were certainly cheaper than the other recommended sellers on the list. Not all that many handled Tanzanites and the ones that did were reasonably expensive but I would assume the quality was good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results