shape
carat
color
clarity

Now that the holidays are approaching....

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing that bug me about the holidays is my perfectionist grandmother. I love my family, they mean the world to me. My parents are fantastic, I love my little brother, I'm pretty sure I've got the coolest uncle ever, and my grandmothers are simply adorable. S joins us every year, and I've been hosting for about 4 years now. I spend several days before the holiday cleaning and planning and perfecting everything, but it still seems like my paternal grandmother can still pinpoint the one thing that I missed, or remind me that dinner is late, and she HAS to eat, RIGHT AWAY! But, even so, I just have to try and let it roll off my shoulders, and enjoy the day with my family. My dad will bring his homemade wine, and roll his eyes when my mom talks too loud, and the boys will hide in the living room to watch tv while the girls sit and talk, and the family always makes fun of the fact that we have to get 2 packages of cool whip to go with pumpkin pie, one for me, and one for everyone else :) I'm really looking forward to the holiday!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Maintenance drunks who are always late (by late, I mean showing up 2 hours after dinner has been put out, after we already tried to postpone for them, and call on their way to the house because they don't know how to get there, even though they've been there 9,000 times over the past 25 years), who shopped for gifts at the drug store on their way there and wrapped them in the car, and then who are the last ones to leave after all other guests have been gone for hours and everything is cleaned up.

And the crazy dog lady second cousin who you address as "Aunt" because you don't know what else to do, she is also a drunk who insists on speaking to you and kissing you as if you are one of her dogs, and must make a plate for her father who she lives with and who is too old to come to functions anymore. All the while complaining that the item of jewelry that she received as a gift from this month's boyfriend is "childish" and "not big enough".

These people really don't bother me per se, I just find it funny :)

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to say, that this thread made me laugh out loud. I was expecting some totally different subject matter based of the title :lol:

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am unable to spend Thanksgiving with my family this year. I have been quite sad about that, but this thread has softened that a bit because it got me thinking of the negatives. In my family that means: listening to my cousins (all 30+) discuss pretty much only what they want and expect for Christmas gifts, having to talk about how terrible our family's collective favorite NFL team is doing this year, eating the exact same meal we have had for all 33 years of my life. Even as I type that, though, the great stuff is far better.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
girlface|1289840042|2766685 said:
Forgot to say, that this thread made me laugh out loud. I was expecting some totally different subject matter based of the title :lol:

Yep, I thought it was going to be "Now that the holidays are approaching, what are you thankful for?". This
one is much more fun to read :tongue: !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results