shape
carat
color
clarity

Now that it's back ordered ... Need help deciding!

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
There's not a deadline to propose. In fact I am waiting until vacation this spring with our little one so she can be part of it. But now that the setting is back ordered, I'm having second thoughts. Help me decide - 1.2 signature ideal cut stone in this halo setting (pic below) or a larger 1.4ct sig ideal with a simple cheaper setting (spend more on the stone)

1.21ct blue Nile signature ideal 6.82 x 6.85 x 4.22 mm
H, VS1, 1.00 ratio, depth 61.7% table 56.0%, excellent polish and symmetry, med to slightly thick faceted (3.5%), 34.5 CA/40.6 PA no Fluoro in the halo setting (pic attached) HCA 0.8

or..

1.4 or larger solitaire?? She's a 4.25 finger so that ct weight will look large. If I go the solitaire route I will need help finding a quality diamond for an affordable price. I can likely get some Sl1 for the same price as the current 1.21 plus fancy setting but I just need some recommendations ...

Thank you! She likes sparkle, which is why I went with halo. She likes halos. But she also likes classy solitaires. Help!

_805.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would rather have the larger solitaire. The setting could be changed for an anniversary later.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if she likes bling, the halo is the easy choice! It will add more diameter than increasing the stone size to 1.4 in a solitaire. You may not be in a rush, but she might be very thrilled to be engaged over the holidays. Holidays can be a depressing time for someone waiting and hoping. Just a thought from a female. ;))

(Just saw Aprilbaby's post. I would rather have a larger solitaire, too, but I am not into blingy e-rings for myself. You need to be focused on what you think she would love most.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results