shape
carat
color
clarity

Now shopping for setting

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I've sent two emails to LM last week and left a message for him with someone who answered my phone call telling me that he was "too busy right now to talk."

Since this is BEFORE I have given any money, I am wondering if it is any indication of how things will be AFTER I fork over the cash to set my new stone. His work is exquisite though....

What do you think?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
For every happy Leon customer there is an unhappy one here it seems. I'd probably go with Steven Kirsch who used to work for Leon and who's week seems equally as good. Leon doesn't make his own settings any more so you'd get the Leon stamp but the ring would be by his bench. If I were doing a custom ring I'd prefer to deal with someone who was easy to communicate with. Of course there are a some here that love his work and find him charming in one way or the other. Which setting are you thinking of?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think things go really well with Leon when you just want a copy of a ring he has already made. The less conversation, the easier things will go. There are some who have become frustrated with Leon for various reasons and have taken their business to Steven Kirsch. Leon made my solitaire setting and I probably didn't speak with him more than a couple of minutes. They will send an order confirmation for you to sign and send money, and then they will begin the work. I had no problems whatsoever, but I didn't need a lot of personal interaction, either. I'd honestly just try calling until you get him. Don't take it personally when he is too busy to answer because he probably really is. He'll probably be very nice once you speak with him. At least that was my experience.

(MrsSalvo posted while I was writing. I just didn't bother to revise mine even though we said some of the same things. Are you still going with the classic solitaire?)

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Have you looked at Steven Kirsch? His work is just as good IMO. From what others have said here he tends to be easier to work with.
here is his website
http://www.timelessluxury.net/

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1305834340|2925889 said:
I think things go really well with Leon when you just want a copy of a ring he has already made. The less conversation, the easier things will go. There are some who have become frustrated with Leon for various reasons and have taken their business to Steven Kirsch. Leon made my solitaire setting and I probably didn't speak with him more than a couple of minutes. They will send an order confirmation for you to sign and send money, and then they will begin the work. I had no problems whatsoever, but I didn't need a lot of personal interaction, either. I'd honestly just try calling until you get him. Don't take it personally when he is too busy to answer because he probably really is. He'll probably be very nice once you speak with him. At least that was my experience.

(MrsSalvo posted while I was writing. I just didn't bother to revise mine even though we said some of the same things. Are you still going with the classic solitaire?)

I spoke with Yekutiel at ID Jewelery from whom I bought the stone. He does not think the setting I picked will work with my wb. ;( On the bright side, he told me that since I took the stone on memo, prices have gone up twice... :-o :-o

It's a good thing I had a firm commitment on the price.... :appl:

EDIT: He also told me that he works closely with Leon since they are in the same building and that he would walk my stone up himself, if I decided to go that route, so that it would get some personal attention from Leon himself. How is that for great service?! :D

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
lovebug1031|1305834455|2925890 said:
Have you looked at Steven Kirsch? His work is just as good IMO. From what others have said here he tends to be easier to work with.
here is his website
http://www.timelessluxury.net/

I have not checked out his work yet, but I was going to look into it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ON, did he mean it wouldn't work with the Memoire or the yg band? I can assure you, you can wear a plain band especially between the e-ring and diamond band. That was the way I had mine when I posted pictures on your other thread.

How great about locking in your price! It was a good thing you started this project when you did! And even better that he is in Leon's building! I wish I had known that summer before last when I went to NYC! I did go and meet Leon on person, incidentally, and he was very nice, polished my ring, etc.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had such a wonderful expereince with Sareen Jewelry.. and I worked with Tim at Emma Parker.. but "pinknblue" also worked with Sareen.. she is also very happy.... just another option to look at.... I haven't personally seen LM or SK but everyone on here loves their rings.. so many choices.. so hard to decide!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty sure Steven is in the same building as Leon as well. But, if all you are wanting is Leon's simple solitaire than I'd probably do as DS suggested and just keep calling until you reach him.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember she was talking about either the classic solitaire or a solitaire with side baguettes.

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
He did reply by email this evening and asked me to call earlier in the day to speak with him about what I want to do.

Hopefully, I will be able to catch him tomorrow.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! I will be travelling tomorrow but hope to be able to check in to see what he says!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results