shape
carat
color
clarity

Now looking for Advice on 3-3.5 ctw for Studs

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I'm so happy with my new lab ring (thanks again @Kim N) that now I'm back looking for LGD earrings. I'm looking for roughly 3-3.5ctw, ideal cut and color can be up to G or H. If possible I'd like to stay close to $1,500. Here's a pair I found but wanted to see if this is a good choice. Thank you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones you posted are closer to 60/60 style diamonds, which means they will favor white light return (brightness) over colored light return (fire). I think the first stone may have a bit of leakage under the table, and the second has a somewhat flatter profile due to the lower 13.5% crown height.

These two will give more balanced performance.

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Hi, thank you for your advice. I'm looking for a pair closer to $1,500 for around the same carat weight. Any other suggestions please?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, thank you for your advice. I'm looking for a pair closer to $1,500 for around the same carat weight. Any other suggestions please?

How about these two?

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Thank you @Kim N. I just ordered this pair and hope to get it by next week :)

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Hi I got my earrings today! I ordered them last week and they came within 6 days. Stats are 3.1 tcw, G color. They definitely give me the bling I was looking for. I had them set in four prong baskets. My previous pair was earth mined F color 1.7 tcw. Pictures below! Thanks again @Kim N

Indoor Lighting
earrings.jpg
Outdoor lighting earrings2.jpg

Compared with my earth mined 1.7 tcw earrings
earrings3.jpg

earrings4.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi I got my earrings today! I ordered them last week and they came within 6 days. Stats are 3.1 tcw, G color. They definitely give me the bling I was looking for. I had them set in four prong baskets. My previous pair was earth mined F color 1.7 tcw. Pictures below! Thanks again @Kim N

Indoor Lighting
earrings.jpg
Outdoor lighting earrings2.jpg

Compared with my earth mined 1.7 tcw earrings
earrings3.jpg

earrings4.jpg

They look beautiful on you and such a great size!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous @njblinger ! I just ordered Ritani LGD for studs and am considering the 4 prong basket settings as well as the martini style- do yours lie pretty low profile/flat on your ear or are they project a bit off the lobe? Do you have side view photos of your settings that you can share? Congrats on these lovelies!

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous @njblinger ! I just ordered Ritani LGD for studs and am considering the 4 prong basket settings as well as the martini style- do yours lie pretty low profile/flat on your ear or are they project a bit off the lobe? Do you have side view photos of your settings that you can share? Congrats on these lovelies!

Hi @Gemstonesrock

The basket setting does project slightly off my lobe but I'm also using levears backs to help with the drooping and it does help a lot. Here's a pix of the side view.

earrings5.jpg

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Okay, so after having these earrings for about a day and a half, I'm having second thoughts. I think they are a little big for every day wear. I think I would be more comfortable with a size that is about 0.25 ct smaller each. Asking the experts for their esteemed opinions on the following stones. My earrings are roughly 1.52 ct and 1.58 ct each. The stones below are about 1.22 ct to 1.24 ct. TIA!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so after having these earrings for about a day and a half, I'm having second thoughts. I think they are a little big for every day wear. I think I would be more comfortable with a size that is about 0.25 ct smaller each. Asking the experts for their esteemed opinions on the following stones. My earrings are roughly 1.52 ct and 1.58 ct each. The stones below are about 1.22 ct to 1.24 ct. TIA!

I like the proportions of the first two more than the others, but they may have some blue nuance. The pickings seem a bit slim. What do you think of these?

njblinger

Rough_Rock
thank you @Kim N. These look great and I placed the order! I just have a quick question for my own education. The diamonds I selected above were based on the recommended proportions. Are there other criteria I should also be looking at?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you @Kim N. These look great and I placed the order! I just have a quick question for my own education. The diamonds I selected above were based on the recommended proportions. Are there other criteria I should also be looking at?

The first pair looked great, but I suspected they had blue nuance. For the second pair, I prefer pavilion angles that are 40.6-40.9, and the video for the second stone showed potential leakage. For the third pair, both videos showed leakage under the table. Hope that helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results