shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@marcy, sorry i wasn't clear, im the unwell mother. It wears me down having no clear directions but thousands paid out of pocket for useless experts..
How i wish i had parents /inlaws or siblings for support.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy (I hope) Tuesday.

Hey all just popped in to see how you all are & see how Greg's recovery is going. I hope the appointment goes well tomorrow & no infection!
I am exhausted & the kid's have winter vacation coming up. 2 weeks home with 6 kids & a sick mom...... not looking forward.
(not risking going anywhere since ppl in my area are way too cavalier about covid)

Oh my goodness yes I can see why you are exhausted! I am sorry you don't have any real support where you are. How are you @Polabowla? How is your DD doing? And how is your DH? I hear you about people being cavalier about Covid. It's amazing how some people just don't understand what havoc this can wreak. Just because they have been lucky so far. How can people still not get the seriousness of this pandemic?

Sending you big hugs and many good wishes. Hoping things calm down by you and the kids behave during the winter vacation. And most importantly that everyone stays well.

Thank you so much for your continued good wishes. XO.

@missy that is awesome Greg’s pain level has gone down. Sweet. Is he eating okay? It was fun the 4 of us playing cards together. We didn’t wear masks; my friend wears her mask most of the time but she didn’t wear one when she came over here. I probably won’t get the vaccine with all my known allergies and who knows what other ones I have that I don’t know about already? When are you and Greg eligible? Marty’s client won her division but she was the only one in that weight and age category. I did have to work today. Darn. Sasha is looking pretty. I hope the visit with the surgeon goes well tomorrow. That is a lot of laundry every day.

Thanks Marcy. Yes Greg is eating decently. I am relieved about that. 6 days post surgery. I am a bit nervous about today as I have no clue how it will go and what the surgeon will find/say. And of course we wait for the biopsy results of the thyroid and parathyroid he removed. I think Greg is eligible now actually due to his cancer diagnosis and also being in the judicial system. But no appointments are available at all. Nice that Marty's client won her division. Sasha is very pretty. Thanks for your good wishes and I hope today at work in the office goes smoothly for you. Safe travels to your SIL for her move to Denver. Will you miss her? Hugs.

@Scandinavian how are you and your family doing? How is your mom doing? Hugs and more hugs.

@MamaBee glad you are back in Pa. Try not to worry too much your DH will be safe and smart and take the appropriate precautions. Thank you for all your good wishes and continued support. Big hugs to you.

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you Nicky for your continued good wishes and your generous support and sending you hugs and good wishes. Hoping you find a great job soon. You deserve the best in life and I have a feeling things will start improving soon. XOXO.

@Slick1 hugs and have a great day. I am very pleased your DD found a lovely new place to live and in a nice area too. Fingers crossed you can reschedule that vaccine soon. I hope the states get replenished supplies and in more numerous doses.

@springerspaniel how is your week going? Hugs.

@sarahb how are you? Thinking of you and sending you hugs and many good wishes.

Hi to everyone else. So yesterday was the first day we actually took a walk since the surgery and I let Greg decide how far to go and we actually walked 4 miles so not bad right? I was concerned he didn't over do but I let him control the walk and that is what we ended up doing. It is great we have so many trails near us and just walked to this trail and didn't have to drive.

Today we do have to drive into the city to see the surgeon and I still have to find out what time since we do not have an appointment and he is fully booked. So end of day but not sure of the time. Looking forward to getting Greg some thyroid meds as the surgeon gave him no RX yet and he is having trouble regulating his body temperature. I just don't get these doctors sometimes. Why make him wait for thyroid meds? He has no thyroid left. The surgeon said thyroid hormone says in the body for weeks but I know it isn't at the level he needs it. Sigh.

Have a wonderful Tuesday lovely ladies. Sending you all big hugs.

Leaving you with 2 selfies Greg took of Gracie on his lap last night. Haha she doesn't take a bad photo. She really doesn't. @rainwood you are so right. I thought of you when I saw the photos Greg had taken and I know you will enjoy this. Hope all of you enjoy these photos.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 7.01.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 7.03.08 AM.png

She's a little minx. :kiss:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you had a good weekend @mrs-b and lovely to ‘see’ you and you beautiful jewellery. We have basically repainted everywhere in the same colours because we liked the colours when we chose them, and still do, The Farrow & Ball paint gives fantastic coverage so we’ve only needed to give the rooms one coat to freshen them up. This was before our curtains were made, but I’ve taken them down and replaced them.

98DBE906-DA7E-48F0-9D46-83360F50385E.jpeg

I’m glad you arrived safely @MamaBee. I’m sure there must be a laundry service where you live, and it’d certainly save you a lot of work.

Yikes @marcy, it doesn’t sound like your hygienist has been doing her job property, you shouldn’t need a 2 hours session for a clean. Glad you got to work from home yesterday, are you still doing 3 days a week in, and 2 days at home?

You’ve certainly got a lot on your plate @Polabowla, I’m sorry to hear you’re unwell, and having 6 kids home isn’t going to help. I don’t blame you for not wanting to go out, I just don’t understand how people don’t get how real this pandemic is.

That’s such good news that Greg felt up to a walk yesterday, and is eating a bit more @missy. Hopefully he’ll be able to get his shot soon. Did you get a time to go see the surgeon today? Everything crossed that he has nothing but good news for you.

We got the dining room walls painted, and while Colin was snoozing, I put up the new curtain pole, and ironed the curtains, then we got those up. We’ll rehang the mirror and pictures tomorrow when the walls are completely dry.

Putting my feet up now for a while.

:wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, sorry i wasn't clear, im the unwell mother. It wears me down having no clear directions but thousands paid out of pocket for useless experts..
How i wish i had parents /inlaws or siblings for support.

@Polabowla -

I totally get it, re what you're going through - both re the thousands paid and no results, and also re having no family. I'm so sorry you're not well, and that you *really* have your hands full! Overly full.

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy - Good Lord!! The teeth thing sounds horrendous! The old "we told you about it last time" bait and switch routine - uh huuuuh. Heard that one before. Hmmm. I hope this can be done painlessly - or at least quickly. I have to say, I'm sure it's a thing, but I've never even heard about testing bone density in teeth! Please tell me that's not one more medical / health thing we should all be doing....

@Austina - I know you said a lot of people don't gel with your taste - but I love it. I do restful pastels, generally, but I'm not into overly cluttered. My best friend in the US is a guy who's divorced. (his kids are my god kids) When he and his wife separated he bought a new home and asked me to decorate it for him. I did. Then he started dating and the first woman he brought home (to his home he's incredibly proud of, and rightly so, I might add!) gave it the "Hmmmm..." response, then said to him "It's very nice. It just needs a woman's touch - you know - get some things up on the walls and add a little decoration." Firstly, let's just be clear, I AM a woman - (gees...) - and I think her idea of 'a woman's touch' means a little less restraint and good taste and 'let's throw in a lot of crap'. Also - who goes into someone else's house and says that?? Let's just say, the relationship didn't work out.

@missy - I can't believe you and Greg are out walking! You're an inspiration. You also hold a mirror up to my lazy butt that just wants to sit in bed till covid / winter ends. <sigh> Alright...lacing on my walking shoes now and hitting the pavement.... Thinking of you this afternoon - a LOT. ox

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina your paint colour looks lovelly (this is high praise from someone who doesn't do white, baige or grey :mrgreen2:
I think its the crisp white trim brings out the colour

GK2

Rough_Rock
@missy So pleased to hear Greg is eating and that’s great about getting out for a walk. 4 miles is impressive!

thinking of you both today x

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday Nirdi's!
Thinking about you @missy and hoping Greg's appt goes well and is on meds and is eating and drinking lots. Hugs to you dear friend.
@Austina thank you for your sweet compliment on my wedding set. I too love the same size diamonds on all. Your painting and room looks fabulous!
@mrs-b Thank you for your kind compliments as well. The Summer setting should get here soon and then I'll mail to DKJ asap for setting. I love these no-brainer projects! Your wedding set looks gorgeous - fabulous pic! And a great pic of you and being friends with the neighbor dog.
@junebug17 thank you for thinking of me and your sweet compliments. I'm glad you had fun talking on the phone - it really is fun to do that on the weekend!
@marcy I hear you on the teeth cleaning!
Thank you to all for your kind comments and being there. Love and hugs to all!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I started a LOOOONG post and hit enter and it vanished.

The house has turned into the house from hell. so much wen awry, screwy, broken, it has REALLY taken it's emotional toll on me.. there's always something.

I've not read any posts yet except I did see that someone asked if they had the covid shot yet, if you read my annoying posts on occasion on Insta you know that I got my first shot last Friday.. we say and John refreshed the Austin Public Health site and after about 15 minutes poof! it opened and we were able to schedule our first shots, altho by the time I got in after John I got my on Sat and John got his Friday.. so I say REFRESH REFRESH your screens.

I will write a long post again about the clusterFk house problems and overcharges etc, but emotionally I cannot do it again.

My best friend came off the ECMO machine and respirator on Friday, but she is still in ICU and has been there 3 weeks tomorrow, I have no idea what is going on with her protocol for her heart, Jim acts weird so I guess he's doing the best he can.. one of Kath's friend from RR Tx keeps emailing me and I tell her what I can get from Jim.. the whole thing is killing me, the last thing Kath emailed me when she said she just couldn't talk cause it was too upsetting and took too much strength and she was just afraid, she is my opposite, just like my sister Gen, hard and hard to get stuff out of. She said they put her on the heart transplant list, I just don't know.

Auti is good and talking up a storm, and I may even see her in 6 weeks and Chris maybe too, it's been 14 months, my emotional well being is sometimes tottering because I miss him..

So I miss you guys and EVERY day I say I will get on and read and then I get caught up in drama, trauma and plain old depression. so so sick of Covid..

@missy how are you my sweet, beautiful, wonderful friend.. you know, every day I think 'how's Greg'? how's Missy, how's her mom, dad and sister, bil and girls? every day..

@all of you, I love you all, and I'm sorry I'm not been a better poster, friend, so much has been overwhelming.. my brother had a 3rd stroke.. I am fine, but feel so unKate.. so untethered to all things..

After the mean girls were really mean to me, coming here hurts me, I should be a better person, but it does, except for NIRDI's... I know I sound selfish.. you guys are so wonderful and wonderful people and good mom's, grandmoms, friends, furmoms, a friend.. all of you.. so
I have not flipped out per se but I am going thru a change I guess. how bizarre!

I send my love to all of you. and will catch up.

Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biopsy shows it is Papillary Thyroid cancer and the entire Thyroid needs to come out. And his parathryoids are enlarged as well as evidenced by his CT scan. Surgeon just called. He wants to save one parathryoid so hopefully he can.
Just praying the cancer hasn't spread but we won't know til the surgery.

Hmm.. very unusual diagnosis.. I have to read further. I don't pray much but I will today.

love you both.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The surgeon gave him codeine #3 ridiculous. I mean it's impossible to get real pain meds. I am exhausted fighting the doctors with every thing. We couldn't get an appointment follow up Tuesday so have to wait now til Thursday and he has no thyroid meds. I emailed my endocrinologist but haven't heard back. Can you tell I am frustrated with our health care in general?

Thanks @mary poppins. I asked him last night and he said soft foods like ice cream and soup IIRC but Greg is being very stubborn granted he is in lots of pain. I am trying to do what I can but there is only so much I can fight him when he is feeling so bad. I am just letting him rest in bed for now and not nagging him as much as I want to. Drink, drink, please. Oy.

Codeine#3 haha.. they gave that to me after my shoulder replacement, but first they gave me the one with oxycosomething but once that was gone it was codein#3, useless.

Jeeze I gotta call you, there's an hour difference, text me when a good time to talk is.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy my bestie Kath got off intubation Friday and Jim says her throat is very painful and trying to drink... it's normal I guess but demand better pain meds.. we have gone the effing pendulum, my heart, mind and soul to you both.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @bling_dream19, it’s a shame, but we’re fine with their decision, it’s their day, and whatever they want is good with us.

I got married by a traffic court judge in Poughkeepsie NY.. my mom showed up I didn't invite her.. the important thing is them.. and their love and you and Colin getting here.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful woman, beautiful jewelry, beautiful weather! can't beat it.. hugs girl.

Hi NIRDIs :wavey:

Tim and I decided to spend this weekend together, doing some odd jobs, hanging out, turning off computers! We've watched a few fun things on TV, caught up on some sleep, gone to our local diner for breakfast each morning, and spent time with our (incredibly annoying) dogs.

@missy - I'm glad you're seeing the surgeon tomorrow. The wound looks swollen to me and I don't like that pale yellow haze in the middle. I suspect you're right - that it will need to be drained. Every day on, tho, is one day closer to Greg feeling completely well, so I'm glad to see the days ticking over. How is his headache? is it down from a 3?

@MamaBee - your dryer situation sounds like a complete pain in the neck. I hope it can be resolved for you soon. Will you need to have bookcases removed?? Good grief!

@Austina - how is your dining room going? Please post photos! And I'd love to know in what parallel universe it costs 20k to remake a ring!! Sometimes vendors just assume that customers are stupid. Very, very stupid! I do love the sapphire and diamond idea, tho - you can't beat a classic!

@junebug17 - I'm glad to hear you don't have any momentous news. In these times, no news is definitely good news! I hope you enjoyed your extended phone catch-ups and that it felt - at least a little - like having a good natter in person. :))

@bling_dream19 - looking forward to seeing your spinel set - it sounds gorgeous! And I love any setting with pear sides! I regularly think about resetting my 3 stone with pears, but honestly, at this point, motivation is low. I have a few projects coming up, but even those aren't spiking my interest that much. At the moment, all I want is a 5 star hotel right on a beach somewhere. Anyway, I'll live vicariously through you when it comes to jewelry. Do you have a time frame?

Shout out to @canuk-gal, @Slick1, @Daisys and Diamonds, @Bayek, @oakleaf79, @kipari, @Scandinavian, @rainwood, @marcy (any news on the truck?), and @springerspaniel! I hope you're all well and hanging in there!

Temps here have been comparatively mild for MA at this time of year, but we've been getting brisk winds coming straight down from Canada, so it feels colder than the forecast temperatures. Regardless, I've been hanging around outside, stalking my neighbor's new rescue dog - Murphy - for whom I have developed a weird obsession. He's a complete darling and, for some reason i don't understand, has decided he adores me! He's normally very shy, but he just crawls straight into my lap! The love is mutual, so now I hang around outside, waiting for his afternoon walk, shamelessly stalking him!

I took a photo while waiting for him to walk past, then a couple more of today's rings when he'd gone.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

:wavey:

20210117_161040.jpg

20210118_081817.jpg

20210118_131352.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry for the many messages, I am just in shock of all that has gone on in 4 weeks and I feel bad and should have been here.. my apologies.. the best of the best are here in NIRDIs.

love you all. Kate

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Whiteflash 3.01 came back from GIA..It’s an F! It also came back a VS2 instead of a VS1. Brian said he thought it was a VS1 too and agreed with AGS. I’ve seen so many plots that are nasty and they are VSIs..I’m convinced it’s a clean VS1. In any case it’s a AGS VS1...and a true F! I’m excited to get it! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Whiteflash 3.01 came back from GIA..It’s an F! It also came back a VS2 instead of a VS1. Brian said he thought it was a VS1 too and agreed with AGS. I’ve seen so many plots that are nasty and they are VSIs..I’m convinced it’s a clean VS1. In any case it’s a AGS VS1...and a true F! I’m excited to get it! :appl:

I am excited for you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry for the many messages, I am just in shock of all that has gone on in 4 weeks and I feel bad and should have been here.. my apologies.. the best of the best are here in NIRDIs.

love you all. Kate

Take it easy sweet lady! I'm sad SAD for your house woes. Truly sucks the happy life out of you. Health and healing vibes across the miles. xoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I hope everyone is doing well.

@MamaBee glad you are back in PA.

@Polabowla I feel bad for you dealing with your mother; that is so hard to do and there is no right or wrong way to handle things. You can only do the best you can. I wish you had some family members for support. Big hugs to you!

@Daisys and Diamonds did I see you were preparing for job interviews? Good luck!

@missy I hope the meeting with the surgeon went well. Good deal Greg is eating okay. I missed if you still wonder if Greg’s incision is infected; is it healing okay? I hope Greg got thyroid medicine today as well. Gracie does take great photos. That’s awesome you and Greg went for a nice long walk today.

@Austina your dining room looks fabulous. I agree my hygienist wasn’t doing me any favors. They are doing something I’m calling roto-rooter to clean under by gums (I think) so she said it would take 2 hours each time. I plan on sneaking in 3 days at home but sometimes will stick with just 2 days at home.

@mrs-b I totally thought of the bait and switch routine with my dentist as well - does he want a new car or to remodel his house? I did find it so odd nothing was said 6 months ago and then yesterday it was we need to talk. The test for bone density had a name but I don’t remember it - seemed like was that pointy thing they scrap your teeth with and they sure irritated some gums. They measure mm I guess. People’s taste to vary for sure. Marty and I generally agree (after a while) - at least we end up finding something we both like. Woo hoo - I am so excited your ACA is a F and I am also glad that IMO AGS does not grade soft on colors. (Not that I’m an expert but I have never seen one I disagreed with). When will you get it back?

@bling_dream19 I’ll be anxious to see your Summer setting when it is completed. Fun!

@Bayek I hate to hear your new place has been soured by so many problems. What a pain! I sure hope there is a warranty on everything to get it all fixed. I am so very sorry about your friend; I hope she can get a transplant soon. Sending her mega dust and you and her (and Jim) big hugs. I hate to hear about your brother; I hope he is getting better from that. How is your shoulder doing?

@canuk-gal our wind and snow is coming back. Seems like a long winter already.

I was in the office today. I need to redo my appraisals - not surprised on that so I’ll be working on them tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh @Bayek that house situation sounds like a nightmare . I hope it gets sorted out & you can move in peacefully.
@missy how did things go w the surgeon today?
Sorry if i miss things, i am so ill today & hard time concentrating.
Thank you for the hugs & well wishes.
Dh has an appointment for the re-scan & oncologist end of February. I am holding my breath till then.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not meaning to be political but when i get up at 4am tomorrow to watch tv im doing it with love in my heart for all our American friends

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Inauguration Day! Thanks for all your good wishes.

@Bayek girl, lots going on suffice to say one day at a time and we are all going to be OK. I believe that in my heart. Hang in there. You are through the worst of it now and you got dose #1 woohoo. That is something and soon Dose #2. I am so thrilled your bestie is going to be OK. Please let her know we are thinking of her and sending her all the best. What a harrowing year 2020 was and 2021 continues to be but one day at a time. Love you and will text you at a more reasonable hour. Big hugs Great Kate to you and your sweet loving wonderful family. How are the boys? How is Auti? How is Katie?

@bling_dream19 love you and thanks for checking in with us. Big hugs.

@MamaBee I am thrilled to be sharing this diamond journey with you. And what did I tell you? F F F F F F F F F :lol: On a more serious note, how is Bailey doing today? Did his diarrhea clear up I hope? Is he eating? Sending him big hugs and you too. Thank you for keeping me company yesterday and for always making me smile and feel better. (((Hugs))).

@GK2 thanks. It wore him out though and yesterday we didn't go for a walk despite it being nice enough for January temps. We played Rumikib til we had to go to the appointment with Greg's surgeon. How are you? How is your DH? Thinking of you and sending you hugs and love and healing wishes.

@Austina good news you and Colin are getting the vaccine soon. I am pleased for you both.

@marcy how are you feeling today? How are your gums/teeth? What is the plan for the work you need done? I have a periodontal appointment cleaning scheduled next week. Not looking forward to it but I guess compared to all else we have gone through it's nothing lol. But I feel for you and major dental work and hope it goes smoothly. That is never pleasant but you will be glad to have done it because gum health is important as you know to overall health so good for you for being proactive. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds you are always a breath of fresh air. Thank you for lighting up the forum with your bright smile and cheerful disposition. Hugs to you and much love across the many miles.

@canuk-gal how goes it by you? Weather forecast? We are getting some colder than usual temps by us this week and weekend and I think there is a storm coming in a few days. We are getting snow flurries this morning. Woohoo winter. LOL. Honestly though if it doesn't turn icy I am excited to go for a short walk in the snow with my Canadian snow boots. My only decision with those is which color should I choose today LOL. Hugs to you Sharon.

@Polabowla Ugh I am sorry you are feeling even worse than the other day. How are you today? I hope you are feeling better and got a good night's sleep. Thank you for your continued good wishes. I am keeping your DH in my thoughts and prayers and hope his February appointment with the oncologist goes well. Fingers crossed. Greg's appointment went OK thanks for asking. More on that below. We need to find him an oncologist but first things first. Hugs to you and your family.

@Slick1 hope you had a good day night yesterday and have good news to share with us soon. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Greg and I headed out late afternoon yesterday to see his surgeon and there was only a little bit of fluid he could drain from the area. He said it isn't infected but he didn't like that is was red (and swollen) so he prescribed Augmentin twice a day for 7 days. And we have to get Greg good probiotics and yogurt so it doesn't deplete his good gut bacteria.

We also got an RX for Greg for Synthroid. And it was for a different dose than our endocrinologist prescribed so we had to get another RX. I had contacted my endocrinologist to get an RX for Greg and it came that morning but then the surgeon wanted a stronger (different) dose which meant a different pill. Luckily the pharmacy was able to run it through so it wasn't too expensive vs having to pay for it outside of insurance.

Unfortunately since our appointment was late the lab to take the blood in his office was closed so we have to go to Lab Corp (only lab near us) today and get Greg's blood work done. I don't love the extra exposure to potential disease ie Covid 19 by going to yet another place where there might be people who are ill but the surgeon said we have to get this blood work done ASAP. Too bad he didn't think ahead and have us come half an hour before our appointment yesterday and get the blood work at Lenox Hill but OK it is what it is. And we will get it today.

We also got a very cool photo of Greg's thyroid but the surgeon asked me not to share it to social media so if anyone wants to see it let me know and I will text it to you. Not for the squeamish though haha. Anyway it reminded me of my gross anatomy lab in graduate school. Brought me back to the good old days. :lol:

Today we have to go grocery shopping, get Greg's lab work done and stay home for the rest of the day. Winter is firmly here and it is cold and snowy. Have a warm and cozy day girls and sending each and every one of you big hugs. Thank you to all who reached out offline and/or have posted here or let me know you are here. Thank you. It really makes a difference and know I am here for you too in any way I can be. I mean that. Big hugs and much love to you.

Leaving you with some scenery as we drove there and back.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 6.15.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 6.14.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 6.14.46 AM.png

Happy Wednesday lovely ladies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I wore MaryAnn and Ginger yesterday. These days I wear diamonds to Costco and the doctors. My life is so glamorous. Not lol. I took a selfie but as usual it's blurry however I am sharing it because I thought the colors looked so cool. No photo editing but for cropping my ugly mug out of the pic. :)

oecstudincarheadingtocity.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b !!! Thank you for all your warm support, well wishes and good cheer and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your friendship. Sending you lots of love and big hugs and with each day may life get sweeter and easier for us all. Looking forward to the day we meet in person and can hug each other non virtually! XOXO.

@MMtwo how are you doing? How is your family? Thinking of you and sending good wishes your way. Hugs.

@springerspaniel any updates? Still thinking of the paper you wrote and hoping it was well received and all is going smoothly by you. XOXO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, ladies! (...and greg - who I feel is like the unseen member of the NIRDI group!)

@missy - thank you for this update and for those lovely photos! Oh, how I miss New York! We moved because we had to - not because we wanted to - and if we could go back, I'd pack up my shizzle and call in the moving van asap. We currently live in the safest town on the planet - so there's that - and getting in to Boston is easy and the city is beautiful. But...it's different. it lacks the size, color, movement and options one gets in New York, and I've always firmly believed that Bostonians are a fairy cranky bunch - mostly because they feel as tho they should get the same deference that new york does - but they don't! On the other hand, if you want to be ill, come to Boston! Per capita, we have more wonderful hospitals, medical specialists, teaching hospitals and cutting edge technology and research than anywhere else I've seen. So, for me, the safety plus the medical care, plus Tim's 12 minute commute to the office (if, in fact, he ever goes to the office again!) is a wonderful thing.

We've been talking lately about doing the next round of home renos. I think it will commence early 2023 (I want a goooood loooong break from the last lot!), but it's a bunch of things I'll enjoy; new workout room, new verandah off the back of the garage, a plunge pool / spa, a few different aesthetic things, a decorative front porch, and a bunch of stone work. We're considering a dressing room extension, too, but we'll see if a) we can afford it and b) if we can stand it re the disruption. Our house will then be 4,500 sq ft - which of course makes soooo much sense for 2 people. :roll2: I do love a lot of space and so does Tim, but this might be overkill - especially since we talk continually of paring down. Anyway, we'll see. A bunch of things will be getting done - just not entirely sure what, as yet.

Heading out to brekky with my best boy - will be back later to check in with people individually. Happy Wednesday, ladies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I love your description of Boston and NYC and I agree. I have always loved Boston. If I was moving to a different city Boston would be right up there for me. Greg went to school there. Enjoy a wonderful early morning walk with your best boy!

I cannot believe I forgot to share this news! The dermatologist's office called us yesterday with the results of the remainder of his second leg biopsy and it is clear. WOOHOO!!! Amazing news!!! So relieved. :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Good news that there’s no infection and that you were able to get an prescription for Greg’s meds @missy. Of course it would‘ve made perfect sense for you to get the blood tests done before the appt., it’s amazing that it wasn’t suggested to you, but then common sense seems to be in short supply sometimes. Stay safe on your trips out today. You don’t need an excuse to wear your fabulous earrings, they’d brighten any day, even if you’re just staying in.

@mrs-b we downsized from a 4500 sq ft home when we moved here, and there were only the 2 of us living there, so I say why not? :mrgreen: We did end up extending this home with the addition of an orangery, so we currently have 3500 sq Ft. I’m not ready to live in anything substantially smaller, and we’re now thinking that to get the size of living accommodation we want, and a garden big enough for a pool, we’ll probably end up with 4000 sq ft +. Oh well, what else will I have to do with my time when we move? :lol:

Oy @Bayek, I’m so sorry your lovely new home has turned in to a nightmare, hopefully all the issues will get resolved and you can start enjoying your time there. I hear you on not seeing your son, looks like it’s going to be 18 months in total at least until we can see Adam & Kim again. In case you missed the news, they’re getting hitched on the 31st, just the two of them and the person they need to sign the marriage certificate to make it legal. Good news that your friend is doing better and on the transplant list, it feels wrong to say I hope it’s soon, because, of course, that means someone else’s loss, but you know what I mean. Great news you got your first shot, and will start to build some immunity to this terrible, terrible, virus.

Woohoo @MamaBee, your new stone is going to be a-may-zing!! :dance:

Oh @Polabowla I’m so sorry to hear you’re feeling even worse, I wish there was something I could do or say to help. Keeping you and your DH in my thoughts. Take care.

Honestly @marcy, our hygienist appointments were 30 minutes (not our personally, but at the surgery), so I can’t imagine what on earth they’re going to be doing. I’d never be able to keep my my open for that long, which bears out Colin’s assertion that I never stop talking :mrgreen: I wonder if it’s worth seeking a second opinion on how much work you actually need.

Hope you’re having a good week @bling_dream19 and not working too hard.

Sending big love and virtual hugs to all the wonderful NIRDI.

Having a lazy day today, just getting some washing done, made some leek and potato soup for lunch, and will probably binge watch something this afternoon with my feet up.

BTW I really don’t think you’d like Hunters @missy, the premise is good, but it contains extremely offensive and gratuitous language and is just downright weird in places with fantasy sequences.

Can’t believe it’s already Wednesday, the week’s are flying by :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t believe it’s already Wednesday, the week’s are flying by :wavey:

They really are. All day so far has been feeling like Friday and it was just Monday it seems. I know it's Wednesday but honestly I cannot keep track of the days but for doctor's appointments forcing me to keep aware of the date. I think we are all turned around with quarantining during this pandemic. It's been a weird time.

I hear you re square footage of the house. I want less in theory but in reality I need more. I remember my dad always told me (when I was house hunting in my early twenties) to get just as much house as you will use/live in every room and not much more. He was always and still is wise. But I use lots of space haha. Seriously though the less house we have the easier it is to clean but the less house we have the more clutter so there is a fine line and balance. I have no doubt that your new home will be lovely. And in Texas everything is big. :)

Having a lazy day today, just getting some washing done, made some leek and potato soup for lunch, and will probably binge watch something this afternoon with my feet up.

Sounds like a perfect day sweet Austina. Enjoy and you deserve it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results