shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds very positive that it’s not hot or tender to the touch @missy. Is Greg feeling OK, I know he won’t be pain free, I suppose I’m asking if he’s out of the post op haze?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds very positive that it’s not hot or tender to the touch @missy. Is Greg feeling OK, I know he won’t be pain free, I suppose I’m asking if he’s out of the post op haze?

Thanks Austina. He’s doing much better. Headache pain is at a 3. He did take 2 Advil this morning before the surgeon called instructing me not to let him take any more Advil. Oops. Ok. So I told him I already gave him two at 6am and he said no more. Tylenol only. I’m concerned his headache pain will ramp up but I’m following the surgeon’s orders and fingers crossed Greg remains at a 3 and not above.

Times like this I wish Greg’s brother lived here because he’s an otolaryngologist (ear nose throat surgeon) and I’d definitely have him evaluate it as we wait to see Greg’s surgeon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Austina. He’s doing much better. Headache pain is at a 3. He did take 2 Advil this morning before the surgeon called instructing me not to let him take any more Advil. Oops. Ok. So I told him I already gave him two at 6am and he said no more. Tylenol only. I’m concerned his headache pain will ramp up but I’m following the surgeon’s orders and fingers crossed Greg remains at a 3 and not above.

Times like this I wish Greg’s brother lived here because he’s an otolaryngologist (ear nose throat surgeon) and I’d definitely have him evaluate it as we wait to see Greg’s surgeon.
@missy Hopefully the Advil helped him over the pain hump and the Tylenol will keep him comfortable now. The incision is very neat. It’s higher up than my mom’s incision. I’ll take a pic of hers if you want. Her incision was not well done like Greg’s but it thinned out and not bad at all. Hers looked like Edward Scissorhands did it with big stitch keloids..His will look good when time passes and it whitens up. I’m sure that’s not your big concern now..Mine was neat like Greg’s and faded to white. My scar was from the Thyroglossal duct cyst so mid neck. If you want a pic of my wrinkly neck I’ll take one for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hopefully the Advil helped him over the pain hump and the Tylenol will keep him comfortable now. The incision is very neat. It’s higher up than my mom’s incision. I’ll take a pic of hers if you want. Her incision was not well done like Greg’s but it thinned out and not bad at all. Hers looked like Edward Scissorhands did it with big stitch keloids..His will look good when time passes and it whitens up. I’m sure that’s not your big concern now..Mine was neat like Greg’s and faded to white. My scar was from the Thyroglossal duct cyst so mid neck. If you want a pic of my wrinkly neck I’ll take one for you.

Thanks Joanne. Yes. I’d like to see the photos. You can text me the photos if you prefer and don’t want to share it here. Either way I’d definitely like to see them.

I’m not concerned about scarring etc. I just want him to be well and cancer free. To me he will always be my handsome booby. No matter how old and wrinkly to me he is the bees knees and my handsome DH. ❤️

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy,
I've been reading this thread about Greg's surgery and wanted to chime in and wish him a speedy recovery. I hope he is back to normal soon.
You are doing a great job taking care of him!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

@missy--good you are taking Greg in earlier than scheduled. And I am glad his pain is under control! We didn't cycle today--as it was quite windy.

Had a late night last night so I am dragging today. I have NO IDEA why I stay up so late!!! Good thing I am working, because I get to bed at a reasonable time (even tho I have insomnia). Anyway.

I need to get groceries--my least favorite task but Mother Hubbard's cupboard is bare. Tomorrow.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The surgeon called me this morning. He wants Greg in Tuesday and doesn’t want us to wait til our Thursday appointment. He might have to drain the wound. He had me text him photos. It’s very red and swollen but it’s not tender so I don’t think it’s infected.

Anyway he also said no more Advil because he’s concerned about the kidneys. Idk why he’s concerned as far as I know Greg has good kidney function but he’s the expert so no more Advil only Tylenol. I hope Greg’s headache doesn’t ramp up now.

I’m glad the surgeon called but it’s a real hassle going in at the end of day Tuesday with traffic and waiting and our Thursday appointment was first thing so way less challenging and stressful but I just said ok. He is the expert and if he wants to see Greg Tuesday (Monday they’re closed due to MLK Jr Day) then Tuesday we’ll go.

One day at a time.
Thanks for letting me share. ❤️

Anyone want to see a photo? Warning don’t look if you get queasy. It’s not that bad but we all have different tolerances.

52788B85-417A-447D-8E00-49B6FFD8B058.jpeg

4EFB508A-050F-4E36-AF0E-D9D8F6015508.jpeg

Oh G_d
no wonder it was painful to eat and drink plus the tubes down the throat

At least the surgeon sounds attentive
Get well soon Greg

Hope headache still manageable

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry Greg has had a rough time with his first few days of recovery @missy, it's terrible he's been in pain but glad to see he's starting to feel better - hope the headache goes away completely and that everything checks out ok on Tuesday.

Your wedding set looks beautiful @bling_dream19! And your pink spinel is so pretty, can't wait to see it set.

@Austina, great news about Adam and Kim's upcoming marriage! Very exciting and I'm so happy for them. I hope you can be there virtually and hopefully you can be together soon to celebrate. Fingers crossed that you and Colin get the vaccine soon.

@canuk-gal, please be careful on that ice! Glad you're ok. Good luck shopping and have a good week at work.

@MMtwo, hope you met your deadline and things go smoothly for you this week.

Things are fine here, not much new...spent the day on the phone with my sister, two friends, and dd. I was on the phone for hours lol. Nice to catch up with everyone though. Everyone's good and I'm thankful for that.

Sending good thoughts to all the Nirdis - Take care everyone!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouchy @missy ! Greg’s wound does look quite red and swollen. I am glad you called and will be heading in Tuesday (I know that inconvenience well, it’s the worst!!). I waited when I had similar redness and swelling of the wound and it was a good thing I went back in. I won’t go into it here but, suffice to say, it was important to be seen quickly.
I’m so sorry you have this worry and he has pain. I am sending continued good wishes and ((hugs)) your way. ♥️

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina I am so excited for Adam and Kim getting married. Yes you would think you’d do everything possible to make your home presentable to sell it. Oh no Kim damaged a claw on her ER; I need to get my rings checked just don’t want to go to stores right now.

@Scandinavian I love your sunrise picture.

@missy I hope you are doing okay and Greg is in less pain and able to eat more things. That certainly was pretty crappy on their part to have to go back to get the suspicious mole removed. It is so frustrating the surgeon wouldn’t tell you and Greg about the headaches; that is good his BP is doing good. I sure hope Greg’s wound isn’t infected but it does sound like it could be. DARN it all!

@MMtwo darn those report deadlines. I swear my job is going to push me in to retirement.

@canuk-gal I am sorry you fell and hope you are okay. Stupid cold weather and wind! We had a gust near here of 105 mph. I am with you on getting groceries not being one of my favorite tasks. Even though I order pickup most of the time right now still not among my favorite things to do.

@bling_dream19 yay for clean wedding rings. I didn’t even dig mine out today. Pretty spinel.

@Slick1 I hope you are doing well.

@Daisys and Diamonds how are you doing?

@MamaBee when do you get your GIA reports back? I am so anxious to see your ACA in all it’s glory!

@junebug19 glad to hear all is well with you and your friends and family.

My weekend was busy and other than work uneventful. Marty and his sister went to Casper for a lifting competition one of his clients was competing in. They were gone from Friday afternoon till Saturday afternoon. I enjoyed the solitude. I did some grocery shopping, finished laundry, went out to lunch and watched some movies. A friend came over about 4:30 yesterday and we played cards. Marty and Chris got here soon after we started so we ordered in supper and played cards for several hours.

Today I worked on the astronomy article for February to get sent off to the local newspaper. Marty got the Christmas lights down since today there was no snow on the roof and the winds weren't gusting in the 80's and 90's range. He mentioned later I could have helped him but he never asked either so there.

I lifted today and now hope to be lazy the rest of the evening.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope Greg is feeling better....I wanted to check up with you but we were on warp speed putting the Christmas decorations away. I know it sounds crazy still having them up..but this is the first weekend we were able to get to Maryland. We do a lot of decorating...We store it in the attic bedroom areas so it’s a chore wrapping and dragging boxes up all those stairs. It’s all done but my back hurts...:boohoo:

@marcy I’m getting pretty stressed out about Libby. I don’t want to take a bigger hit than I’m already taking..so I’m hoping it comes in a G. I’m sure he will offer less..and if he goes below a certain number I’ll just take her back. David Klass found a beautiful royal blue sapphire to put in the halo setting that my diamond cushion was in. It’s absolutely gorgeous..The color is beautiful...but I think I want a light color. I’m more a pastel girl..It is gorgeous though..and fits perfectly. I can’t share the video here because it has my last name on it..If I don’t sell Libby I won’t be able to get a gem to place in the setting this year. I spent enough already and it’s only a little over two weeks into January!
I also have to wait for the GIA report on the ACA to come back. Needless to say I’m a little jumpy...lol
@Austina I’m so happy Kim didn’t lose her diamond when the claw was bent!
Bertie looks like she is settling in. That’s cute she loves Adam. Lots of men don’t like to wear wedding bands...so it’s not unusual. As long as Kim doesn’t mind...It sounds like it doesn’t.
@tekate I’ve been thinking about you.I hope you’re doing okay. You’ve had a lot going on.
I‘m upset with the way Pa is vaccinating. They will follow cdc guidelines and add 65+ and over to 1B but they still didn’t vaccinate half of 1A. I know of people that got vaccinated in 1A that shouldn’t have....I hope things start picking up soon...I’m starting to get a wild hair.
Hi to everyone else. XO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy MLK Jr Day.

@MamaBee you forgot we did talk yesterday :) Remember I was complaining about Bob? LOL.
We still have our tree up but I am sticking with it being a winter tree and therefore A OK. Anything to have a bit of cheer in the house works for me. Plus Greg has to put it away and he is not going to be able to do that for a while so up it stays. But we planned it that way. Are you back at your other home? XOXO.

@Slick1 thanks sweet S. How did the apartment hunting go? Is it a yes? I hope so. Ouch to your infected wound. I remember that. I hope Greg's wound isn't infected. The surgeon didn't think so. It's not hot or tender but we will find out tomorrow. I think it might need to be drained. I hope you can reschedule your vaccination asap. Hugs.

@canuk-gal thank you for your continued good wishes. I get not cycling when it is super windy out. It's a chore. Speaking of chores so is grocery shopping. I used to enjoy it but with masks and all it is not fun. Can you order for delivery by you? I have been doing that with the pharmacy items and also occasionally our supermarket. I might try Costco though it would be good to get out of the house. I can wait because we still have food in the fridge. Anyway hope your grocery shopping goes smoothly and have a good Monday. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 hope your weekend is continuing with the MLK jr holiday today. And hope you are enjoying a lovely time off work. Hugs.

@marcy seems like you had another industrious weekend and glad you managed to squeeze cards in with your friend. Do you wear masks while you play? I am getting mask weary but as long as it helps on it will stay when we are around others. Which seems to be far too often with all our medical appointments. But one day at a time. When do you think you are getting the vaccine? How did the lifting competition go? Did Marty's client win the competition? Glad you worked on your February article.
Hope you are off today and enjoy an extension of the weekend. XOXO.

@junebug17 thank you for the well wishes. Nice you were able to catch up with friends and family on the phone. That's my preferred method of getting together these days for sure. I enjoyed a lovely conversation with my friend and she is a dentist who finally decided to get the vaccine so I was pleased for her. Have a wonderful Monday and hugs.

@MMtwo thinking of you and hope all is going well and you made your deadline. XOXO.

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you so much Nicky for your continued good wishes and I am sending you lots of good luck dust for finding a wonderful job. And big hugs.

@SallyBrown @Sally Brown hope your surgery went as planned and you are on the other side of it now. Keeping good thoughts for you. Hugs.

@Keeliamira good morning and hope you are feeling well and you are completely recovered. XOXO.

@MJ_Mac hi there and thanks for your sweet words and kind support. XOXO.
Keeping good thoughts for you and your DH.

@Austina the day is approaching woohoo and somehow I know you will manage to see the happy union even while long distance and you are there in spirit. After the pandemic you can celebrate in person and together with all your loved ones. So glad Kim didn't lose her diamond. XOXO.

@Bayek I am so pleased you got the vaccine. Big hugs and stay well.

@stracci2000 I appreciate your good wishes and thank you very much. Hope all is well with you.

Hi to everyone else, hope all is going smoothly and everyone is doing well.
We had another exciting day lol playing Rumikub haha and the surgeon checked in with us and as you know we are going to see him tomorrow late afternoon. Sasha stopped by to say hi lol. And it was OK even though she wasn't wearing a mask as we didn't invite her in :)

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 6.17.31 AM.png

Have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol:@missy! I remember talking to you about Bob..but I wanted to check on you later but didn’t get a chance. It was a long day.
Yes..We’re heading back to Pa today. I drive the crew and hubby drives the stuff. It looks like we’re moving every single time we come and go home. :think:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:@missy! I remember talking to you about Bob..but I wanted to check on you later but didn’t get a chance. It was a long day.
Yes..We’re heading back to Pa today. I drive the crew and hubby drives the stuff. It looks like we’re moving every single time we come and go home. :think:

Drive safely Joanne!
By the way Bob said in a 12 hour period so I guess technically he was correct lol but you can double that for a 24 hour period so we are correct too! :)

And yes same here. When we used to go back and forth it was a crazy amount of stuff we had to take (and 4 cats in cat carriers oy to the vey). I am much happier in one place for as long as possible though for our trip back to NYC we will probably have to hire a huge moving truck. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drive safely Joanne!
By the way Bob said in a 12 hour period so I guess technically he was correct lol but you can double that for a 24 hour period so we are correct too! :)

And yes same here. When we used to go back and forth it was a crazy amount of stuff we had to take (and 4 cats in cat carriers oy to the vey). I am much happier in one place for as long as possible though for our trip back to NYC we will probably have to hire a huge moving truck. :lol:

Mr dryer broke. It’s really old but in a small area in the back of the house. The house is 117 years old so has little narrow doorways on the second floor and stairways. There’s no way to get the old dryer out and new dryer in without a moving company in to move built in bookcases in the laundry room. I’ve been washing clothes and hanging them up on hangers like Olivia Walton. I have to get everyone’s sheets and blankets home to Pa to wash. Post vaccines I’ll be able to get new ones...ugh

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr dryer broke. It’s really old but in a small area in the back of the house. The house is 117 years old so has little narrow doorways on the second floor and stairways. There’s no way to get the old dryer out and new dryer in without a moving company in to move built in bookcases in the laundry room. I’ve been washing clothes and hanging them up on hangers like Olivia Walton. I have to get everyone’s sheets and blankets home to Pa to wash. Post vaccines I’ll be able to get new ones...ugh

Ugh is there any way you can just purchase an electric dryer and put it somewhere you can more easily place it for now? There is no way I could manage hanging up all we wash. I do literally 4 loads a day and one of my concerns is what we would do if our dryers or washers break. We have two of each here and they are going most of the day. :wink2:

Hope you find a satisfactory solution Joanne. Fingers crossed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh is there any way you can just purchase an electric dryer and put it somewhere you can more easily place it for now? There is no way I could manage hanging up all we wash. I do literally 4 loads a day and one of my concerns is what we would do if our dryers or washers break. We have two of each here and they are going most of the day. :wink2:

No Missy..There’s no place to put a dryer. Fortunately I’m able to rotate out my sheets and blankets if I’m here for a while. I have lots of extras. I’m a blanket washer. I usually wash them every time I change beds..along with the sheets. The comforters are in duvets..so that makes it easier. Getting the clean ones back here without my hubby transporting them in his car makes it hard. If I come up by myself I have to use the clean ones I have here instead of the ones I just washed. I have one passenger seat space for cold food bags, clothes, etc. when I come to isolate. Hubby usually fills his car with stuff and follows up after work on a Friday. The next time I come it will be without him..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I forgot to say that your wedding set looks lovely @bling_dream19, it’s amazing what a good clean can do. I did all mine the other day, even though I’ve barely worn them recently. Your set is so well matched, and I do like the fact that the diamonds in the bands are the same size, I just find it aesthetically more pleasing.

Oy @MamaBee, what an absolute pain that your dryer has given up the ghost. During the summer, I prefer to hang clothes outside to dry, especially bedding, but not an option in the winter. Hopefully, you can manage until you’re able to get it sorted out. It never rains but it pours! I hope you manage to get ‘Christmas’ put away quickly. That’s definitely one advantage of not bothering to put anything up.

:lol: I use that expression too @canuk-gal, when we’re waiting for a food delivery, I open the fridge and say to Colin “It’s a bit Mother Hubbard in there”. I’m sorry that I must’ve missed the post where you fell, I hope you didn’t hurt anything other than your pride.

Thanks for the good wishes @marcy, it’s great you’re still able to see people safely, I think that’s what I miss the most about this situation, I’m less bothered about going out per se, than I am about not seeing our friends and chatting over a nice meal. Any progress with Marty’s truck?

Good luck with your hunt for a new place @Slick1, and yes I remember you were recently MOTG, as my friend said, at least I don’t have to buy a hat! :mrgreen:

Not long to wait until Greg’s appt tomorrow @missy, and I’m glad the surgeon checked in again to make sure he’s ok. Hopefully he’s not still got the terrible headache, and is generally feeling a little better. I haven’t played Rummikub for years now, we still have a set, and must dig it out and re-read the rules. We used to play a lot when Adam was little.

Glad everything is good with you and yours @junebug17, it nice to have a good long chat with friends, even if you can’t see them in person.

Kim FT yesterday to show me the wedding rings she’d looked at when she collected her ring. They tried to tell her that at some stage, she’s going to have to have her ring remade at a cost of $20,000 :shock: Er no, I don’t think so!!!! Because of the shape of her ring, she was looking at curved bands, but wants something she can wear on it’s own. We looked at various bands, and she’s quite keen on having a sapphire and diamond band, but the one she chose would need her to be very careful with it, and I gently pointed out that I didn’t think it would be suitable for every day wear. I showed her some on IDJ and Blue Nile, which were considerably cheaper than she‘d be shown at the store. As she has no clue how big carat weights of bands are, I suggested she look on Bernice and maybe order a few, to see what will go with her ER, as well as looking good on it’s own, and also suggested she get a 2mm spacer band so she’s not restricted to curved bands. During the conversation, Adam and Colin became comatose:lol:

We started painting the dining room today, I did the coving and edges, then Colin did the rest of the ceiling. I then painted the skirting boards, so tomorrow, we’ll be able to paint the walls. We’ll take down the curtain pole before painting, and once it’s done, I’ll put up the new pole and iron the replacement curtains I’ve bought.

Hope you’re all having a good start to the week :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

4 loads a day????? @missy What do you wash???

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have my sheets professionally laundered. Can you do this?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 loads a day????? @missy What do you wash???

Cat stuff daily. Lots of towels daily. Clothes daily. Sheets every few days including comforter cover. LOL I realize I sound a bit crazy but ever since ringworm I am being ultra cautious. I separate whites from colors and I do different loads for delicates vs sanitizing cycles so it's many loads of laundry daily. I don't mind and I am kind in many ways to the environment. We walk everywhere we can and we do our part so laundry is my one weakness. I like fresh and clean things. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs :wavey:

Tim and I decided to spend this weekend together, doing some odd jobs, hanging out, turning off computers! We've watched a few fun things on TV, caught up on some sleep, gone to our local diner for breakfast each morning, and spent time with our (incredibly annoying) dogs.

@missy - I'm glad you're seeing the surgeon tomorrow. The wound looks swollen to me and I don't like that pale yellow haze in the middle. I suspect you're right - that it will need to be drained. Every day on, tho, is one day closer to Greg feeling completely well, so I'm glad to see the days ticking over. How is his headache? is it down from a 3?

@MamaBee - your dryer situation sounds like a complete pain in the neck. I hope it can be resolved for you soon. Will you need to have bookcases removed?? Good grief!

@Austina - how is your dining room going? Please post photos! And I'd love to know in what parallel universe it costs 20k to remake a ring!! Sometimes vendors just assume that customers are stupid. Very, very stupid! I do love the sapphire and diamond idea, tho - you can't beat a classic!

@junebug17 - I'm glad to hear you don't have any momentous news. In these times, no news is definitely good news! I hope you enjoyed your extended phone catch-ups and that it felt - at least a little - like having a good natter in person. :))

@bling_dream19 - looking forward to seeing your spinel set - it sounds gorgeous! And I love any setting with pear sides! I regularly think about resetting my 3 stone with pears, but honestly, at this point, motivation is low. I have a few projects coming up, but even those aren't spiking my interest that much. At the moment, all I want is a 5 star hotel right on a beach somewhere. Anyway, I'll live vicariously through you when it comes to jewelry. Do you have a time frame?

Shout out to @canuk-gal, @Slick1, @Daisys and Diamonds, @Bayek, @oakleaf79, @kipari, @Scandinavian, @rainwood, @marcy (any news on the truck?), and @springerspaniel! I hope you're all well and hanging in there!

Temps here have been comparatively mild for MA at this time of year, but we've been getting brisk winds coming straight down from Canada, so it feels colder than the forecast temperatures. Regardless, I've been hanging around outside, stalking my neighbor's new rescue dog - Murphy - for whom I have developed a weird obsession. He's a complete darling and, for some reason i don't understand, has decided he adores me! He's normally very shy, but he just crawls straight into my lap! The love is mutual, so now I hang around outside, waiting for his afternoon walk, shamelessly stalking him!

I took a photo while waiting for him to walk past, then a couple more of today's rings when he'd gone.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

:wavey:

20210117_161040.jpg

20210118_081817.jpg

20210118_131352.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I'm glad you're seeing the surgeon tomorrow. The wound looks swollen to me and I don't like that pale yellow haze in the middle. I suspect you're right - that it will need to be drained. Every day on, tho, is one day closer to Greg feeling completely well, so I'm glad to see the days ticking over. How is his headache? is it down from a 3?

Thanks @mrs-b yes Greg's headache is much better and in fact it's down to a one. Thank you for asking. And he didn't take any meds today. We don't have an appointment tomorrow but the surgeon said he will see us at the end of his day. So I am calling his staff first thing tomorrow to see what time that is.

Your rings take my breath away. Gorgeous. And you are beautiful too. Glowing.
Our weather has been rather nice (but breezy) too and in fact we just got back from our first walk since his surgery and while he is tired he is feeling OK.

How is your back?

Please hug Murphy from me. What a love. I can see why you "stalk" him. Seems the adoration and love is mutual and I can certainly see why he adores you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cat stuff daily. Lots of towels daily. Clothes daily. Sheets every few days including comforter cover. LOL I realize I sound a bit crazy but ever since ringworm I am being ultra cautious. I separate whites from colors and I do different loads for delicates vs sanitizing cycles so it's many loads of laundry daily. I don't mind and I am kind in many ways to the environment. We walk everywhere we can and we do our part so laundry is my one weakness. I like fresh and clean things. :)

@missy, I'm sorry my post came off as judgy. I just reread it and I need to give my head a shake! Ugh. Launder away!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry my post came off as judgy. I just reread it and I need to give my head a shake! Ugh. Launder away!!!

Aww no need to apologize Sharon. I didn’t take it as judgy at all. ❤️

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all just popped in to see how you all are & see how Greg's recovery is going. I hope the appointment goes well tomorrow & no infection!
I am exhausted & the kid's have winter vacation coming up. 2 weeks home with 6 kids & a sick mom...... not looking forward.
(not risking going anywhere since ppl in my area are way too cavalier about covid)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee I hope you don’t take a hit on Libby. I lost some money on my 1 carat but the place where I’d get full credit didn’t have ACA so I decided that was okay. It’s a tough call either way. A sapphire in your cushion ring would look gorgeous but I’m with you on lighter colors. I like the distinctly royal blue variety in sapphires. You started the ACA journey last year so technically it counts for last year splurges. I hope your trip to PA went well today. Darn that your dryer quit. Can it be repaired?

@missy that is awesome Greg’s pain level has gone down. Sweet. Is he eating okay? It was fun the 4 of us playing cards together. We didn’t wear masks; my friend wears her mask most of the time but she didn’t wear one when she came over here. I probably won’t get the vaccine with all my known allergies and who knows what other ones I have that I don’t know about already? When are you and Greg eligible? Marty’s client won her division but she was the only one in that weight and age category. I did have to work today. Darn. Sasha is looking pretty. I hope the visit with the surgeon goes well tomorrow. That is a lot of laundry every day.

@Austina I love the smell and crispness of clothes hung outside to dry. Of course where I live you have to anchor them with cement blocks. Ha Ha. Too cute about you and @canuk-gal using the Mother Hubbard line. I used to get to the point where it became a challenge to see how long I last before shopping. Then Marty started lifting and he gets too hungry to play that game now. I’m not really sure we can see people safely but we don’t worry about it since we can’t really stop it. Marty’s truck is still estimated to be done by the 26th. They did give him more of a discount on his rental since it’s been so long. I hope Kim finds a wedding ring she likes with her engagement ring. A friend of mine has a similar design and she found a band with the curved band that goes really well with her setting. Since her ering has sapphires that would be nice if her band had some too. A spacer is a good idea or she could have them put together. It would be nice if she finds a style she really likes with her ring before deciding where to buy it. How is the dining room coming along?

@mrs-b sounds like you had a lovely weekend. There was a place in the mountains where we’d camp and use our telescopes - even analog phones don’t work there. It was awesome. We’d get to the bottom of the mountain and in cellular service and our phones started going ping, ping, ping. The last Marty heard on his truck was they were ordering in more parts. I’d be curious how many pieces it takes to basically replace everything from the cab on back. Your ring photos are beautiful and how fun to enjoy the neighbor dog.

@Polabowla good luck with the upcoming 2 week vacation. Sounds hectic and I hope your mom gets better.

I worked from home today and only ventured out for a dentist appointment. My dentist experience was not fun. I didn't sleep well so I was cranky anyway. The hygienist immediately tells me they are going to measure all my teeth for bone density. She claims they told me last time I was in they would do that this time. I certainly didn't recall that. I was in a hurry to get back to work so tried to postpone it so she wants to go talk to the dentist about it because I have to do it. So he comes in and chats with me about it and they pull up X-rays from last time and show me where stuff is built up they need to clean out and where my bone is receding. Um if this was such a big concern why didn't we cover this 6 months ago? So then they want me back twice for each time a 2 hours session to black and decker my teeth. It's so bad they deaden your one side like you are getting a filling. FUN!!! My hygienist for years didn't seem to clean my teeth very well so I am sure that helped get me in this mess now. I'll pick up a water pick and Listerine this week. Anyway other than work that was my fun day.

Tomorrow I’m going in to the office. My SIL is moving to Denver Wednesday.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening from Pa! I’m happy to be back..but hubby goes back to work tomorrow which worries me.
@missy I hope everything goes well tomorrow at the surgeons office. I’m so happy Greg did without pain medication today. Best news today!
I’ll catch up with everyone tomorrow..:snore:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results