shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo Dave and Tom are AOK and their shoppe has power and is open. They liked the gifts. At least they said they did.

464C39C8-186D-417E-A6FB-B239885769DD.jpeg

@MamaBee safe travels. Lmk when you’ve arrived safely if you can. No ETA for us re power. Probably a few days or longer.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Wednesday ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo Dave and Tom are AOK and their shoppe has power and is open. They liked the gifts. At least they said they did.

464C39C8-186D-417E-A6FB-B239885769DD.jpeg

@MamaBee safe travels. Lmk when you’ve arrived safely if you can. No ETA for us re power. Probably a few days or longer.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Wednesday ❤

@missy That’s great Dave and Tom are okay and you were able to give them your gifts!

I’m all packed and ready to head to Maryland. I just have to wait for Shatzie to come home from work. Then the big reveal happens. We’ll see if anything survived the freezer. The upper fridge is toast.

I’m worried about what I will find at the house there.:oops2:

I hope your Comcast gets fixed and the power comes back on for you. My neighbor that has the generator just told me she doesn’t have it connected to her AC! She sleeps on the deck in a hammock. She says her Yorkshire Terrier is her guard dog! Haha

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee we just got back from cycling and our power is back on despite the prediction of days. Please call your power company before you make the trip just in case yours might come on today.

Girls our power is back woohoo and so is internet and cable and phone. What a relief! Best news for a while. It's amazing how reliant I am on power.

It was a hot but good ride and now we are back in the AC long may that continue. The power that is. Haha. Hope all is going well and leaving you with a photo from our ride today. That was one powerful storm. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 3.44.17 PM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

This is just a quick fly by, because my battery is low, and I’m heading to bed after a busy day, will catch up tomorrow.

Glad you’ve got your power back on @missy and ugh to the power outage ruining all your food @MamaBee.

Big love and hugs to all :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy So glad you got power online and you managed to deliver the ice cream face masks!
@junebug17 Hi, thanks for asking after us here. To be honest I hate the hot weather as it triggers a host of health issues for me, but now we are into August and the evenings are drawing in a bit I start to look forward to the autumn! =)2
@Bayek How are you doing? How are those pain levels? It will get better, I promise. I used to work in ortho as a surgical nurse. Hence my wacky sense of humour!
@Jimmianne I am so sorry about all the bother with your Sepkus ring. I sincerely hope it turns up soon!
@canuk-gal and @marcy Oooh love your new bling! I have a birthday coming up and will share pics of what I have chosen! :mrgreen2:

My son's new teacher bless her has been sending photos and messages every week! She is just lovely and I really hope Covid does not delay things too much as my son has missed out on so much schooling. ::)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am sorry to read about the storms and now power and broken fridges and spolied food. GOSH UNIVERSE ENOUGH ALREADY! But I guess I should join in to say our SUV is on life support...

Very hot today--but I was at work so no burnt noses or anything like that. Might get my fair share tomorrow.

NIRDI shout out--healing vibes across the miles to all who need them. Or want them.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal I am glad the severe thunderstorm passed. I keep getting severe weather alerts today but nothing has happened so far. Oh no that your SUV is on life support; I hope it gets better.
@junebug17 thank you I am enjoying my new blue band. I totally enjoyed going out and seeing some pretty flowers yesterday. Glad to hear you didn’t have any problems from all the rain and wind.

@missy oh no for losing power and services. That’s great they got your power and internet back up and running. I am so glad you have a generator. Our parents are probably a lot alike. I also had to wait until I was 16 to get contacts and yes I had to pay for them. My folks made me work for things I wanted and that’s not a bad thing. Beautiful post storm picture. Sweet you got to deliver the gifts to Dave and Tom and enjoy some delicious ice cream. Oh no for that tree getting knocked over.

@MamaBee have a safe trip and I hope things are okay in Maryland when you arrive. What a mess to throw out all of your food. We had to do that 3 times - the first 2 times the repairman misdiagnosed the problem. Third time it happened we just bought a new refrigerator. Grr.

@Austina I hope you have sweet dreams after a busy day.

@Niffler75 looking forward to your birthday bling.

Work wasn’t quite as hectic today as it has been but it was very busy. I ordered in sandwiches for us for lunch to save time. I did log off my work laptop at 4:30 though and got my lifting done right away.

My allergies are talking to me - Marty had the patio door open for about an hour and we have weeds out by since we are by a greenway. Phooey.

I tried a brownie in a mug - not nearly as good as a real brownie. I’ll past on the rest of the box to a friend with kids. Someone told me they were good. Maybe I’ll make cookies tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, healing dust to your SUV : )

Marcy, any brownie, yes. Mug, no mug, but brownie; hot, vanilla ice cream; cold. please.
Wait? Brownie in a mug in a box. What IS that??

Niffler, how nice of the new teacher. She sounds like a winner.

Mamabee, good luck with what you find at the house!

Austina, hugs, and stay cool.

Missy, you’ve got the power!!
And for Pete’s sake, please don’t make that ice cream look so good. Does David deliver to France?

Love and good health to all.
Mme. Bayek especially on the radar this morning.

Kiné is the center of my universe.
C59FC022-5D34-431A-B003-DA1EF875A099.jpeg F1CC93DA-BC50-445E-8CFB-5C9043E3262A.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, healing dust to your SUV : )

Marcy, any brownie, yes. Mug, no mug, but brownie; hot, vanilla ice cream; cold. please.
Wait? Brownie in a mug in a box. What IS that??

Niffler, how nice of the new teacher. She sounds like a winner.

Mamabee, good luck with what you find at the house!

Austina, hugs, and stay cool.

And for Pete’s sake, please don’t make that ice cream look so good. Does David deliver to France?

Love and good health to all.
Mme. Bayek especially on the radar this morning.

Kiné is the center of my universe.
C59FC022-5D34-431A-B003-DA1EF875A099.jpeg F1CC93DA-BC50-445E-8CFB-5C9043E3262A.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, happy Thursday.

Haha I will ask him for you! But remember our house is always open to you and ice cream is on the menu. Just sayin.
Hope the Sepkus ring gets delivered safely to you and despite the brouhaha I hope you love and enjoy it. This is but a small blip on the bling radar and once you have it in and on your lovely hands all will be well. Hugs.

Kiné is the light in a somewhat dark world and so glad he is yours and you are his. Makes the world a much brighter place. XOXO.

@marcy glad work wasn't too hectic yesterday and sorry the brownie in a mug wasn't quite as good as expected. Boo to your allergies and I hope they quiet down soon. Nice you got your lifting done yesterday. I skipped mine which was bad of me but I was just too tired after everything yesterday. So either I will do it today or just skip it all together and pick it up tomorrow. I am only doing it three times a week so I have some room for skipping but I don't want to make this a habit if you kwim. Have a good day today. Is this a WFH day?

@Austina thanks and hope you got a good night's sleep. What are your plans today? Today, for us, is a nice weather day and I am looking forward to it and cycling hopefully. You never know around here what is going to happen but fingers crossed. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 how is your week going? Hope all is well and you are enjoying some outdoor activities in between work. Hugs to you.

@MamaBee hope you are safely resting in cool AC with fridges and freezers running and no bugs. Big hugs to you my sweet friend Joanne.

Speaking of sweet friends @Bayek how are you feeling? I am thinking of you each day and hoping each day is an easier more pain free day and that you are feeling stronger and better as each day progresses. Sending you hugs and love and healing vibes. You are Great Kate da best girlie evah. Speaking of best girls, how is Auti? She is a precious sweetie. And how is the house building going? HUGS to you Kate and to John and all your wonderful family.

@Slick1 as I write this I am hoping your power has been restored. Thank goodness for generators. Hugs to you and lots of love.

@canuk-gal oh no to your SUV being on life support. I hope that gets resolved. How are you? Yay to no sun burning especially on the nose. How are your mom and son doing? How's cycling been going? Hope you are having a good week and sending you lots of hugs and good wishes.

@springerspaniel what's happening with Ellie? I hope she is continuing to heal well and do well and is back to her old self. How has the rest of the summer been for you guys? I cannot believe we are in August already. XOXO.

@Niffler75 when is your birthday? I am a Leo, are you too? My best friend's birthday is today. He turns 60. Another Leo. August 6th and if it wasn't so early here I would have called him already. I miss him and haven't seen him for ages darn Covid. And now he turns 60 all alone because he lives by himself in a studio apartment in Manhattan and normally we would celebrate with him but obviously we cannot this year. Here's a pic of us in Vancouver when we traveled there. It was a great trip.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.00.26 AM.png

Look how young we look. OMG. And my short hair haha. I think this was around 1992 IIRC.

One last pic of Tom. During our Alaska trip. Another amazing trip. I used to travel all the time. LOL I certainly have changed in that regard.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.02.47 AM.png
My sister and friend C came with us to Alaska.

Anyway happy birthday to my best friend Tom and @Niffler75 happy birthday to you too if this is your birthday month. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going well and a good week is being enjoyed. Sending you lots of hugs and love and have a good Thursday lovely ladies. XOXO.

Leaving you with our sunrise this AM. So peaceful here now.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.07.41 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls..This is the bug I’m afraid of that are coming in the house in Maryland. Am I crazy? I’ll find some crawling out of the skylight in the kitchen and Master bathroom. It looks big in the pic but they are super tiny. They started coming in when the irrigation system got turned on in June. This is one in the sink so you can see how tiny they are. The second one I blew up. They jump..I would like to know if I’m a baby. :lol:
B1AFDB29-C8F0-445F-A675-AFF1B4ABD572.jpeg A2394250-104D-4805-AA53-74BDEC7131F6.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls..This is the bug I’m afraid of that are coming in the house in Maryland. Am I crazy? I’ll find some crawling out of the skylight in the kitchen and Master bathroom. It looks big in the pic but they are super tiny. They started coming in when the irrigation system got turned on in June. This is one in the sink so you can see how tiny they are. The second one I blew up. They jump..I would like to know if I’m a baby. :lol:
B1AFDB29-C8F0-445F-A675-AFF1B4ABD572.jpeg A2394250-104D-4805-AA53-74BDEC7131F6.jpeg

Not a baby!!! Sending you anti bug vibes. And big ((((hugs)))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a baby!!! Sending you anti bug vibes. And big ((((hugs)))).

Hahaha! Thank you! Shatzie thinks I’m crazy!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Very definitely a Leo too! My birthday is on saturday! :P2 Not too much planned. My boys will probably do breakfast in bed for me. I have a new ring to look forward to! :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is wonderful news jimmi... again sorry about the damn ring, but i think you chose the best option for you and i know i would have done exactly what you are doing.

Just checking in to mention something perhaps interesting to some of you.
When I went for my Prolia shot this afternoon the bone doctor strongly advised me to skip the shot until my next bone scan because my scores have greatly improved. He said I’m out of the danger zone.
I really grilled him because I thought perhaps France does things differently, but he said no, it’s an every six months thing just like the States.
He told me that if I really wanted the Prolia shot he would give it to me but that I don’t need it. I asked him about bone loss related to stopping the treatment and he said that the best thing would be to get a bone scan in a year and see how I’m doing, but at this time exercise, calcium, and vitamin D are all that’s required, and to check with him in a year.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy hi, I am so glad to read your power is back! Chris didn't lose power in Clinton Hill, Dan is up in the Catskills. Kate sent me cookies from Milkbar! I am going to go there when this crap is all over with, I plan on sending Cara their 'crack' pie, Ive read about it and so has Cara so I decided to send her one. We have been having over 100 degrees F for weeks now and looks as though it will continue for weeks. ugh. How's your mom and Dad? how are you? how's the littleones and their mom doing? we are good here. Pain is decreasing but we over did the exercises so I have not done them for 2 days and so maybe the pain will increase. I have a telemedicine appt with my family practicioner tomorrow so we shall see what she says.. ortho surgeon next thursday. So you guys are all faring well Missy... xoxo

@MamaBee we call those things waterbugs, seen them all my life and anything with tentacles makes me MOVE quickly but I do not know if they are serious. hope everyone is well.

@marcy you are a good manager ordering in lunch, classy! love to you and hubster!

@junebug17 hope you are surviving in SC!

@bling_dream19 hey lady

@Keeliamira sending a hi your way.

@Slick1 you guys lose electricity, my friend in Danbury did.. xo

tired today.. had enough of orthopedic surgery for 10 people ..

yesterday we went up to the house and of course shouldn't and couldn't get out of the car, but sheetrock is up in a lot of the house according to John, he didn't look at the pool and then we left happy Thursday!

more siding is on the house too

1596740641928.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Your son’s teacher sounds amazing @Niffler75, hopefully he can start school in September and catch up on everything he’s been missing. It’s amazing the difference a good teach can make. Sorry this weather is causing you problems, it’s been lovely here today and looks like this could continue for a while, sorry.

Hey @Bayek, sorry to hear you’ve been over doing it, I’m sure you’re anxious to get back to ‘normal’ but it will take time and you need to be a patient patient (say’s the most impatient woman on earth :lol: ). I hope the pain continues to lessen and you can get back on track with your recovery. The house is looking great and I can’t wait for it all to be done so you can finally get settled.

Ugh @MamaBee, I hope things are better today, are you back at your other house?
The bugs are everywhere, we come down every morning and the orangery looks like a bug graveyard, they fly in during the day and settle on the lantern, then peg it over night.

Oh dear, not good to hear the SUV is terminal. @canuk-gal, what will you do?

Thank goodness you got the power back on @missy, we don’t realise how much we rely on the internet for keeping in touch. How nice to have great memories and photos to look back on of happier times, you were quite the traveller. What a sunrise, so beautiful, I’m not surprised Greg would be happy to live there permanently. I hope you’ve had a good day today with no flare ups and were able to get out and ride.

Jeez what a palaver @Jimmianne, I hope after all that, the ring turns up and you absolutely love It. Kine looks so at home with you, it’s is amazing what adaptable little creatures they are?

Sorry your allergies are acting up @marcy, for the first time ever, Colin is having issues with hay fever. You’re so disciplined clocking out of work and lifting straight away. I hope today was another less hectic day and you clock out on time. The brownie in a mug sounds like a good idea in principle, but if it doesn’t taste as good ........ :roll2:

Hi @junebug17. I’m glad it’s not just me who uses up all the good shots on the range :lol: I think I’ll just go out and play next time and see how it goes. How’re you all doing, DS & DD? Is your brother keeping well?

Yesterday after the gate man had been, we headed off to the garden centre, got some compost and herbs, but they didn’t have any topsoil. Fortunately there’s another garden centre close by, so we stopped in there and got the soil and a coriander plant. We got home and filled up the planter and put in the herbs. We grabbed some lunch, then I had my orthodontic consult. I thought it’d be about 15 minutes, but it was an hour. They talked to be about all the options, then the orthodontist examined my teeth, and told me I’d be a good candidate for Invisalign. I talked it over with Colin and I’ve decided to go ahead with it. After that we went to the supermarket because I needed some things for today, and when we got home, I baked some cakes and prepped some of the food for today.

Sue and Rob came for lunch, and for those of you that are interested, we had rocket, prosciutto and fig with balsamic vinegar dressing, followed by chicken in a creamy garlic and tarragon sauce, sauté potatoes, asparagus, mini corns and carrots, followed by lemon posset :lol: It was absolutely beautiful here today, and we sat and ate outside, talked about the cruise and generally had a thoroughly lovely afternoon.

I’m shattered now, so I’m heading off to bed. Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are keeping safe and well, big hugs to you all :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabee, that looks like a little “silverfish”. Not my favorite bug either, but I like tiny better than big!

Austina, love your comment on the delicious lunch and the beautiful day. Happy for you that you had a great day! Sounds wonderful.

Bayek, this is your mother speaking. Are you overdoing it?? Stop that!! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY girls! Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely week and all is well.

GM Kate the Great and wonderful.

@missy hi, I am so glad to read your power is back! Chris didn't lose power in Clinton Hill, Dan is up in the Catskills. Kate sent me cookies from Milkbar! I am going to go there when this crap is all over with, I plan on sending Cara their 'crack' pie, Ive read about it and so has Cara so I decided to send her one. We have been having over 100 degrees F for weeks now and looks as though it will continue for weeks. ugh. How's your mom and Dad? how are you? how's the littleones and their mom doing? we are good here. Pain is decreasing but we over did the exercises so I have not done them for 2 days and so maybe the pain will increase. I have a telemedicine appt with my family practicioner tomorrow so we shall see what she says.. ortho surgeon next thursday. So you guys are all faring well Missy... xoxo

Wow Katie is the best niece but that doesn't surprise me because you are the best auntie. Milkbar is amazing. And yay for Chris not losing power. We rarely lose power in Brooklyn and that is because the power lines are underground. Makes such a big difference. Parents are OK thanks for asking. Still trying to figure out when it is good to visit because the weather here is brutally hot or wet and we have to social distance outside so hoping for a dry mild weather day. And in between their doctor appointments so working on it. Ugh to your brutally hot weather. I am glad pain is decreasing but sorry you overdid the exercises and I hope your pain continues to decrease and you can start your PT again. Good luck with your telemedicine appointment today and your ortho appt next Thursday. Continuing to think good thoughts for you. Your house is looking good and excited for you when you finally get to move in there. Hugs to you Kate the very great and wise and wonderful. XOXO.

@Austina how are you? Your day with Sue and Rob yesterday sounded positively wonderful as did your lunch and wow to that lemon dessert. Yummmmmm. I hope you got a good night's sleep last night and wake feeling rejevanted and rested. Big hugs to you.

@Slick1 I hope your power is back! How are you doing? How did your appointment go yesterday? Hugs.

@Niffler75 aww happy birthday tomorrow! Mine is Monday. It gets here so fast every year. LOL here is my birthday party invitation from when I was 2 years old. Can you believe the stuff my mom saved?

twoyearsoldbirthdaycard.png

And yay to a new ring to look forward to...I am sure your DH and son will pamper you tomorrow and rightly so. Hugs and happy birthday eve.

@bling_dream19 how are you sweet friend? We rode to Days in the rain yesterday lol but it was worth it and the sun came out later so we got a nice dry ride home. Sadly rain for the next 7 days is predicted. Oh well. How is your week going? Any weekend plans? Happy FriYAY. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a good week and looking forward to the weekend and hugs to you and Ellie.

@Keeliamira I am thinking of you and hoping all is well. Hugs.

@MamaBee how is it being at your other house? I hope the bugs did not bother you last night and that they are on the way out for good. Hope your other house's power is restored by now before the tomorrow estimate and that all is well by you. Thinking of you and sending hugs and love your way.

@canuk-gal I cannot wait (for one day) to treat you to some amazing and large scoops of ice cream. Until then I will continue sharing photos here of sweet creamy treats. Hope your week is continuing to go well and life is treating you sweetly. XOXO.

Hi @Jimmianne glad your Sepkus ring is almost in/on your hands and may the rest of this ordeal go smoothly. Hugs to you and Kiné.

Hi to everyone else. Hope a good week is being enjoyed by all. Rain predicted here on and off for the next 7 days so we are going to make the best of it. Enjoyed a 60 mile ride yesterday and that will have to hold us. Today is rainy and it is going to be an errand day and a laid back day so that works for us. Enjoy a happy FriYAY and hugs to all of you sweet lovely ladies.

Leaving you with Gracie in all her (junk food) glory. LOL. A photo is worth a thousand words.

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.33.16 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.49.11 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm melting here too! Can I have a virtual ice cream too please? ;-)

Here you go. Fresh and cold off the presses. Enjoying it right now.

04AEC88D-9168-400A-B44D-9E3140158EEF.jpeg

❤️

Ended up cycling as the morning rain has ended and fingers crossed we make it back before the afternoon downpours. XO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi sweet friends! Yay it's FriYAY! And oh YAY!! I'm ready to sleep in tomorrow and have some time to myself. I'm so glad you got to go to Day's and see the guys! I'm sure they loved their masks! I hope you get to see your parents soon. Yay for your birthday coming up! That's sooo sweet and adorable your parents saved your invitation.
I've got an exciting weekend planned...cooking and cleaning...the usual lol! But I'm thrilled because I actually enjoy these things and oh of coarse sleep! And some walking. Cranking out end of my work day! Love and hugs to all :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results