shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Austina the girls got a doggy and he's really cute! He's soo sweet and sleeps a lot lol. He probably is a bitsa but I'm not sure, I just know he's a handsome cutie! I'll try to get my sister to send a pic. You're totally right, very important for children to learn how to care for and respect a living being.
@Niffler75 Your son is so cute!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My phone just stopped working! What do I buy tomorrow morning? Please help LOL

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people who have been working in the office had fun with my office bears. My employees always say the bear with the blue hat looks like a stoner and always has the munchies for cheesy poofs. I thought the masks were a good touch.

1590790760537.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Some people who have been working in the office had fun with my office bears. My employees always say the bear with the blue hat looks like a stoner and always has the munchies for cheesy poofs. I thought the masks were a good touch.

1590790760537.png

I love this sooo cute Marcy!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@bling_dream19 thank you for channeling your inner Marcy; I’ve been doing that myself today. I just cleaned our knife block and washed up everything to put back in it. It feels good to get things done, doesn’t it? Dinner last night was good, thank you. Sorry it is so hot. LOL to planning bathroom protocol; I have always been paranoid about their cleanliness which is why when we hit the road I rarely wear rings and my car has a stash of hand wipes in it. Once in Denver I was desperate and Marty stopped at a fast food; that bathroom was so gross I came right back and said you need to find another place. Not going to happen. I hope you get to see your nieces soon.

@canuk-gal that’s very nice you got your bike fixed and that they did it free is just a bonus. I hope your SUV issues are minor.

@Bayek I bet cute Auti would be weary of getting near that “bad ole puddy cat”. I am sure they will be friends again soon. I totally get Chris being nervous going out to get pizza in NYC but every little bit helps keep those places going. I’m not nervous about going out to eat here since we luckily have very few active cases. I sincerely hope you don’t catch this virus. I am also in the high risk group with several co-morbidities. It is all a guess what to do and when to do it but yes we need to get businesses open and going again. Hindsight will see what worked and what didn’t; sadly we are all participating in the beta test. Thank you for the big hug; I am sending a big hug back to you. That is awesome the pool builder has nothing but positive ratings. I your foundation is fine and putting in rebars has begun. They are building 3 houses behind us and one foundation is a bit crooked; doesn’t seem like they are going to fix it. Oh oh. That Brooklyn pizza looks delicious!

@missy I am sorry to hear you don’t feel PT is helping you much; you certainly have busy days making anything extra a challenge. I bet it was nice to catch up with familiar faces. Too funny your friends couldn’t catch you and Greg on the bike while they were in the car. Speedy Greg and Missy. I hope you get to see your MIL soon. Sweet for finding disinfecting wipes; that reminds me I need to take some to work. Thanks! The little goslings are cute. Great pictures from your ride. Your ice cream looks delicious. What is the red flavor?

@Mamabean I hope you get to see Noah soon. I am holding fast to the belief that viruses fade away with warmer weather. Glad to hear you are enjoying your orders from Omaha Steaks.

@Austina your walk sounds lovely and I know you missed having Dottiie with you but hopefully memories of those fun times brought a little joy to your soul. That’s good you and Colin get along so well. I do think spending a lot of time with your spouse can bring out the kinks in a relationship. When I was teaching Marty had a lot of free evenings; about the time I was let go from the college he started traveling a lot so it’s only been the last few years we’ve been home a lot at the same time. Now his gym gets him out of the house most evenings. Luckily my 10 week lock down didn’t reveal any issues. Sorry to hear you didn’t feel well after Pilates; I hope it was just the heat and you are doing better now. I would say maybe 20% of us are back to work on my floor. They are taking our temperature, we have to fill out a symptom check list on a mobile app before we get to work and won’t let us on site if our temperature is too high or if we have any symptoms. We have to wear masks in common areas. Glad you were able to prove you weren’t in Canada for that ticket. One time Hertz claimed we hit a car in California with our rental; we were in the Phoenix area and no where near California. Marty called Hertz when they sent him an accident form and had them check the mileage on our rental so they decided it couldn’t have been us. How nice you can start seeing friends again. I think that is a good call to skip getting the bracelet if you aren’t excited about it. I hope the launch goes off this weekend. Yes, we can see passes of the ISS here and I will be watching for passes when Space X is catching up to it; we used to go out and watch when the Shuttle was catching up to ISS. Pretty cool to watch. In case you don’t have a reference the website Heavens-Above will give you pass information based on your location. We used to see MIR and when we were in South Carolina I got to see the Hubble a few times; it’s generally too low for viewing here.

@junebug17 cleaning out the basement and replacing things does sound like such a major project but at least it is getting done this week. Good luck getting all of that finished. Not a fun way to spend your time.

@AV_ glad you are moving work between the table and the bar. Hopefully you won’t remain stuck on it for long.

@Niffler75 that’s great your wildflowers are doing well. They are always so pretty. I hope your husband can safely go back to work soon. Your son is quite handsome.

@Scandinavian sorry your phone quit. I am a total fan of the iPhone 11 Pro. It takes fabulous photos.

Going back to the office yesterday was okay and strange. My temperature was 96.8 - woo hoo! I have no idea how my temperature runs so I cranked on the AC in my car on the way to work. Guess it's not necessary. I took the online health check before I left the house but they didn't even ask me about it. They didn't give me a mask or say I had to wear one so I walked in to the mostly deserted building and didn't see a sole on my way to the elevator. There are maybe 12 of us working on the second floor so i honestly never put on a mask all day. If I went somewhere I took a tissue and covered my face if anyone was around. We do have to start wearing a mask in all common areas on Monday. I was so excited to have my Mac Thunderbolt monitor again; it's big, bright and clear - great for someone with one "crazy" eye. It took me a while to get organized. In the afternoon I was confirming my employees had the holiday pay on their time cards (they are hourly) and I noticed I had 235.8 hours of vacation; we can only accrue 240 hours and since today was the end of the pay period I took today off. I told my boss he could tell people I was exhausted from working one day in the office. Ha Ha.

This morning I slept in, went and got myself a donut and donut holes, I met Marty for lunch.

Woo hoo I just lifted 110 pounds 15 times.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls! I’ll be back tomorrow to reply to all but just wanted to wish Ms Marcy a very happy birthday eve!!! And Woohoo on lifting so much weight. You rock!

Today is the birthday of our sweet Marcy dear
That's right can you believe it has been another year
On this special day we just had to come and say
How terrific you are in so many different ways

You are warm and caring, sweet and kind
Always here for your friends no matter what the time
Day or night, at leisure or at work
Your NIRDI responsibilities you never ever shirk
Always there to lend a helping hand and sympathetic ear
you're a treasure and a find and you are our very own Marcy dear

Those killer bunnies and darling teddies are lucky kids for sure
And then so is your darling Marty your loving spouse evermore
But we are lucky too your NIRDI crew and for this we must shout aloud
Dearest Marcy with all your generosity and kindness you make us so very proud

You love the stars and the sky and beautiful gemstones too
Diamonds and sapphires, emeralds and rubies, so deep in color and hue
Their beauty and dazzle are truly something to behold
But cannot compare with your inner beauty when truth is really told

So we come together to say out loud
How much we love you dear
You are our friend forever now
Not just online but truly and for real

Happy Birthday sweet Marcy
Wishing you all the very best
Not just a day filled with laughter and love
But lasting the whole year plus

Hoping we have many decades and more
To say how much we truly care
And also just a quick warning
Be careful of those killer bunnies over there
:lol:

Happy birthday today and sending you lots of love and hugs
From the NIRDI girls, the teddy bears, the bunnies and the whole crew
Today is your special day but with you here with us every day is special too

Love you Marcy!!!
We really really do!!!!!

XOXO, NIRDIs.
:kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian get the iPhone 11 Pro Max. I love it!!! If you want a smaller phone get the iPhone 11 Pro.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls! I’ll be back tomorrow to reply to all but just wanted to wish Ms Marcy a very happy birthday eve!!! And Woohoo on lifting so much weight. You rock!

Today is the birthday of our sweet Marcy dear
That's right can you believe it has been another year
On this special day we just had to come and say
How terrific you are in so many different ways

You are warm and caring, sweet and kind
Always here for your friends no matter what the time
Day or night, at leisure or at work
Your NIRDI responsibilities you never ever shirk
Always there to lend a helping hand and sympathetic ear
you're a treasure and a find and you are our very own Marcy dear

Those killer bunnies and darling teddies are lucky kids for sure
And then so is your darling Marty your loving spouse evermore
But we are lucky too your NIRDI crew and for this we must shout aloud
Dearest Marcy with all your generosity and kindness you make us so very proud

You love the stars and the sky and beautiful gemstones too
Diamonds and sapphires, emeralds and rubies, so deep in color and hue
Their beauty and dazzle are truly something to behold
But cannot compare with your inner beauty when truth is really told

So we come together to say out loud
How much we love you dear
You are our friend forever now
Not just online but truly and for real

Happy Birthday sweet Marcy
Wishing you all the very best
Not just a day filled with laughter and love
But lasting the whole year plus

Hoping we have many decades and more
To say how much we truly care
And also just a quick warning
Be careful of those killer bunnies over there
:lol:

Happy birthday today and sending you lots of love and hugs
From the NIRDI girls, the teddy bears, the bunnies and the whole crew
Today is your special day but with you here with us every day is special too

Love you Marcy!!!
We really really do!!!!!

XOXO, NIRDIs.
:kiss:

Thank you so much dear @missy. I truly appreciate it. What a wonderful, touching poem. it made my day.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday sweet Marcy!!! You are such an awesome person...caring, thoughtful, introspective, witty, and a LOT of fun! Hugs to you girl for a very special day and sparkly year!
And Missy, um you go girl for that fabulous poem! I second everything you said about dear Marcy. I read it aloud to hubby and he loved it too and was very impressed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 thank you so much for the very kind words. I feel blessed to have you and all the NIRDIS as my friends.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina that website will list passes of Crew Dragon from your location as well. We have some good passes of ISS this weekend here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@Bayek Yes please post as many house and foundation pics as you want Kate the great and wise and wonderful! I love that you are sharing them with us and I am super excited it is proceeding smoothly (fingers crossed)! I am sorry it is so hot in Texas. It was (and will be today) in the 80s here and when we aren't by the ocean it is too warm for me already lol. I am not an extreme temp girl. Give me the 60s and 70s and make it dry and I am happy. But we make the best of it. And I am glad you are getting a pool because you will enjoy it very much in Texas. Please do what you need to in order to remain safe. With HBP and lung scarring you are right and you have to avoid getting Covid 19. And there is no predicting who won't suffer severe side effects from it even if they don't have pre existing conditions so everyone please be cautious. Tell Mike and Cara and Chris and everyone to please stay safe and continue practicing social distancing. I am a little anxious because people are getting too close to us and yesterday Greg and I were enjoying our ice cream and an older lady came up to us (no mask) and started chatting and I said please step back. I hated being so abrupt but she wasn't thinking and then of course she got embarrassed and apologized and put her mask on but Greg said please step back because she still had not stepped back. Oy. I know she didn't mean to put us at risk but it's that kind of non thinking that can get us all in trouble. I mean the only alternative is for us to stay home all the time and that isn't palatable. If we could all just think about things and do them carefully and deliberately we could be OK. But you know people and we all make mistakes. Anyway I have gone on too long about this. Just know I worry about you and want you to stay safe and healthy. Continued hugs and love being sent your way and lots of well wishes. And woohoo yes we have to get Auti and Noah together! A NIRDI grandchildren match! Yoohoo @Mamabean :love: you and @Bayek can be family though we already are all NIRDI family and that counts! (((Hugs))).

@bling_dream19 lol glad you are not depending on "Depends" haha. We have started using public bathrooms. I use them minimally but during a 4 plus hour ride I generally need to go twice so I go in and out of the rest room quickly and hope for the best. They have marked the stalls so only every other is in use but still. I know it is a risk but I cannot hold it that long and that is without drinking any water at all during our ride. Yummy to homemade ice cream and yes please start making some. I used to make yonanas but got tired of that because I am lazy. I am now eating ice cream twice a day. Yup I know that's crazy. But once at Dave's and once in the evening at home lol because my freezer is stocked with my favorite flavor. The natural market in Shrewsbury (about 20 minutes away) has been kind enough to order my favorite ice cream and Greg picked it up for me and I have been enjoying it nightly. I just hope some of that weight goes to my face and butt haha. Anyway, how are you and DH doing? How is your mom? Is she wearing the mask you got her? And your dad? How is he doing? Father's Day is in a few weeks and I think I am going to get Omaha steaks again for my dad. It's not too early as orders are probably going to be delayed again. Sending you big hugs and lots of love and looking forward to the day we can all get together and enjoy some ice cream by the sea. When we have our ice cream in OG I think of you! Hugs. I hope your nieces adopt rescue dogs! Tell them they are the best and super wonderful and grateful for having been rescued. You can even rescue purebreds if you want. There are rescue groups for all types of dogs. (((HUGS))).

@Niffler75 aww that photo is so beautiful and your son is such a love. :love: He is getting big. Time flies. Please give him a big hug from me and the furry crew if he will accept it. (((HUGS))).

@Austina hope your rain arrives to make everything by you green and pretty. Things are looking luscious here at the shore and there is no shortage of pretty flowers and grass and trees and sand and sea. It is lovely scenery everywhere I look lately. We are getting rain on and off but fortunately we miss it on our rides so far but for that brief sprinkle the other day. Yesterday the weather was warmer but by the sea it was a perfect temp so we enjoyed over 50 miles cycling and of course enjoyed ice cream too. Don't get too tan....once the melanin changes color/pigment the damage is done. Stay pale. Of course I am one to talk. Despite wearing sunblock my nose is now firmly pink from all the cycling because we have done without the canopy. It hinders us when it is windy (which is most of the time when we are cycling by the sea) so we have not put it on the bike but now I have a rudolph nose lol. With all the mask wearing in public however it doesn't matter. :lol:
Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@Scandinavian have you decided on your new phone yet? You cannot go wrong with the iPhone 11. Just saying. XO.

@Slick1 good morning and hugs. We are still having to pill Tommy forcefully. It sucks. And today is going to be stressful for all the cats. Hope you are doing OK and sending you big hugs and lots of well wishes and good thoughts. XOXO.

@Daisys and Diamonds hugs to you Nicky. Hope all is going well.

@AV_ happy weekend. Hope you are having lovely weather and enjoying the outdoors and getting to enjoy writing as well.

Hello to everyone else!

And especially dear @marcy!!! Happy happy birthday dear girl. Hope all your wishes come true.

hbmacy.jpeg
hbmarcy.jpg

Have a great Caturday Saturday lovely ladies! XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few pics from our cycling adventures yesterday. It was a beautiful day.

Ice cream!

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 6.08.29 AM.png

We saw the babies again!

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 6.08.09 AM.png

The clouds were awesome. Fluffy and bright and beautiful.
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 6.07.48 AM.png

Enjoy a happy Caturday Saturday girls!

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 6.10.35 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Marcy, today’s your special day,
Hope that it’s a good one, in every single way!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Good afternoon @Scandanavian, Adam has the IPhone 11 too, and despite saying he didn’t want one, has just bought an Apple watch - he says strictly for business to test his App :lol:

Ugh, sorry the people are getting in your face @missy with so much at stake now, sometimes you’ve just got to be forceful. I know the lady probably didn’t realise, but unfortunately, masks and social distances are absolutely vital now. Glad you had a good ride yesterday, and yum to double helpings of ice cream, also a necessity now! Don’t worry about me, I only stick my legs out around 5pm when the sun is weaker here, and I’m slathered in Factor 30. I usually use fake tan in the summer, but it’s nice to feel a bit of warmth on the old bones! Hope it all goes well today with the kitties and doesn’t prove too stressful for them or you.

Yum to donuts and donut holes @marcy, we had a cream and jam donut yesterday too :mrgreen: I think the heat definitely makes me feel sick when exercising, but it passes quite quickly when I stop, and I haven’t done any Pilates for about 12 weeks. Sounds like a comprehensive regime is in place at work. Strictly speaking your bears aren’t socially distancing but at least they’ve got masks on :D Thanks for the info re the launch, we did see the SpaceX site at Kennedy when we were in Orlando a couple of years ago

Yes please @bling_dream19 I’d love to see a photo of your niece’s doggie.

Not much going on here, (no surprise there!) but I cleaned Colin’s bathroom and got washing done and outside to dry. Lovely day here, but a bit windy, so I’ve been up and down picking up things that keep blowing off he dryer. Going to have some filet steak tonight that was in our order this week, what has our life become when we get excited about meat :lol: ?

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend, keeping safe and keeping calm. Big hugs to you all

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Happy birthday to you & many happy returns [here, of course!]

I keep reading across NIRDI, thanking for the small good news, worried of what is not said & laughing with the great news! - & not writing...

@Mamabean Happy birthday to Noah! belatedly,

this is the most beautiful on my side of the world:

Screenshot_20200530-223600.png Screenshot_20200530-223551.png

Last edited:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
*Gross Alert* :eek2:
Our row of houses had blocked drains today! Luckily we caught it as our kitchen sink was making loud gurgling noises.
So we have had the water board flushing out the drains most of the day!
Disaster averted. Off to put my feet up and consume Haagen Daz! :lickout:

images.jpeg-1.jpg

Take care everyone x

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday everyone!
And I hope our @marcy is having a very special birthday and getting spoiled!
@missy looks like yall are having a great time cycling! I hear you on people getting too close. Its actually hard to remember sometimes but that's great you said something. And yay for double icecream, sounds delicious! Hugs and love.
@Scandinavian what a gorgeous view! Is your pink halo fixed? I dream of a pink halo or a 3 stone ring with a white diamond in the middle, flanked by 2 pinks. Gah! Your ring is stunning.
@Austina we are having steak tonight too yay! And you make me laugh with your posts, love your humor. And yay I'm soo glad you're wearing your Bella!
@Mamabean @Bayek @Niffler75 @AV_ those colors are stunning and hope you're having a great weekend!
Love and sparkles to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! Watched the launch of the Space X rocket, and thankfully everything went well. Just been outside in my night attire, (o_O) to see the ISS and after about 5 minutes, spotted Dragon en route. The sky is so clear, it was easy to spot. Colin said he felt like he was at the optician having the peripheral vision test, because I kept saying “It’s there, it’s there!” :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful birthday wishes. I really appreciate it. Do you ladies think I like Snoopy or something?

@Scandinavian I am so glad you love your phone. The pictures and color saturation are amazing on them. Love your photo. I would get the Pro Max but my hands can barely hang on to the 11 Pro; I always get a non slick case so It doesn’t shoot out of my hand like a wet bar of soap. (Sounds like I’ve done that before too).

@Daisys and Diamonds glad to know I don’t have to add this year on to my age; it will make me feel younger. It was a good day.

@Niffler75 oh no to the gurgling drains. That is always a bad sign. Glad disaster was averted. You deserve to put your feet up and enjoy some ice cream. I enjoyed your meme “I will find you”.

@missy darn those necessary bathroom breaks and I totally resemble that issue. Glad you are getting out and enjoying so much ice cream. My last Omaha Steaks order was delivered in about the same time as it usually is so I would bet if you order for your dad soon it will arrive by Father’s Day. I dug out some filets to grill tomorrow as a matter of fact. I hope you, Greg and the cats survived the day. Ouch to Greg’s finger. I know you have the crooked fingers like I do; I pulled up the dead flowers out of our pots today and was smashing them down in the bag on the garage floor and smacked the tip of one of those fingers on the cement; I sounded like Gordon Ramsey for a minute or two. It quickly passed though.

@Austina I am THRILLED you got to see the ISS and Crew Dragon pass; looks like passes here aren’t very high above our horizon; we might try tonight though; by tomorrow night they should be docked. What a fabulous launch; I’d say that was an awesome birthday present. One of my nieces is the mass properties engineer on Boeing’s Starliner. She was kind of sad Boeing wasn’t the first to launch but said she had far less pressure watching the launch today. Glad you enjoyed some donuts too; they are a good occasional treat. LOL to my bears aren’t socially distancing - Marty was pointing that out to the ones I have on the banister here. Yes, exercising in heat can really wear you out quickly. My little gym downstairs is cool. Enjoy your filets.

@AV_ it is beautiful on your side on the world; gorgeous color flowers.

@bling_dream19 I hope you enjoyed your steaks. Your vision of a 3 stone ring with a pink halo and pink side stones sounds awesome.

I did have a wonderful birthday. I slept in, we went out to lunch for pizza and had a cupcake and ice cream when we got home. A friend on mine dropped off some cupcakes her daughter made for me; they are pretty cut and tasty. A lady at work got me a little vanilla cake so might have a little piece of that later.

I chatted for quite a while today with old friends and my 2 nieces. That was nice.

Of course I was thrilled to see such a spectacular launch. Both Marty and I were going “that rocket is quick”.
Take care.
Marcy

Here is a picture of those cupcakes.

1590879760025.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Sunday.

@marcy glad you had a wonderful and happy birthday! Yay for pizza and ice cream and homemade cupcakes. Yummmmmm! And double yay to chatting with your 2 nieces and old friends. So glad you had a lovely birthday filled with friends, family and yummy treats. You deserve that and more. Hugs.

@missy @marcy The iPhone 11 pro Max as you recommend of course <3 I listen to my girls!

Yay, hope you love it! XO.

@bling_dream19 it was so yummy and I am very happy you are enjoying a wonderful and loving weekend with your family. Big hugs sweet seashell. XOXO.

@Niffler75 oh no to the backup. Hope all is running smoothly now.XO

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying a good weekend. XO

@Austina I know you are smart about the sun and we do need to make vitamin D. Glad you accomplished cleaning and the laundry and hope your filet dinner was yummy. We should enjoy food. It is one of the lovely pleasures in life. XO

@AV_ gorgeous flowers. Swoon! XO

@Poodles4me (((Hugs))). Hope today is a great day and you are feeling 100%.

@Daisys and Diamonds continued hugs and well wishes.

@Slick1 hope all is proceeding safely and your DD is A OK. Hugs to all of you.

@Bayek girlie, how is your weekend going? Sending you big hugs and lots of love across the miles. Hope your state is cooling off and all is going well.

Greg and I had a super busy day yesterday but we survived it and managed to have fun cycling too. IDK how we are finding all the hours in the day but we are making the most of it. We enjoyed a warmish ride yesterday and then thankfully the wind shifted to the east so we got the cool ocean breeze on the way back. Ahhhh. And of course enjoyed ice cream too. Have a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies and big hugs to all of you.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 6.48.42 AM.png

The ice cream looks green but it wasn't. I had dairy free Madagascar Vanilla and Salted Caramel yummm. Greg had moose tracks. Yummm.

Beaches were mobbed by us. Too many people on the beach. I am concerned the rebound will be coming with a vengeance and too soon. Please stay safe everyone. Leaving you with sweet Gracie hanging out on me last night.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 7.16.49 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results