shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Keeping you both in my thoughts overnight. Will check in tomorrow. Take care x
@Poodles4me :lol-2: Oreo is a really petite girl and she has always managed to sit in such a way and curl her legs right under her!
@Keeliamira I hope you get at least some movement forward with appointments and a plan soon. Please take it easy and try to rest as much as you need. Loving the kitchen tiles by the way!
Take care everyone x

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I keep hearing this about hospitals everywhere. I would not worry allot for myself - there is no reason to believe I'd get to be a serious case (then, I'd have to dissapear for weeks - which is no fun, etc. but not life/death either) etc. - how about you? If Greg must go in, and you need to follow, please scare your endocrinologists etc. with as many questions as they'd take.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ Did you decide to publish already?

I am quite sure I do not want to throw a single author paper out there, not least because there were several others involved, for whom the current state of the work is not enough [I agree]; so, there is more to do for me [on 'take it or leave it' basis.] I wanted to have a get together during the Easter break, then again - clearly not this Easter; if anything, correspondence is taken more seriously now - spectacular, so I am soaking it in!

Still snow up the mountain, but 18°C tomorrow & no more rain till Friday - there has been so much, I am listening to bullfrogs comming into the backyard.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds like a good plan. Greg wants to head to the beach house later this month just to be able to walk around without so many people on the streets. And we have a nice yard there too so it would be nice to get away. But I do feel more comfortable here should we need medical help. All except for kidney stones which is in NJ where Greg's urologist is. LOL everything is backwards right now.

Hope your internet works well there and that you enjoy being there. Stay well and eating and sleeping and working all sounds very very good. Hugs.

LOL well we have five bedrooms and three bathrooms there so there is always a room available for you to! Scoop up your parents and come on over!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I keep hearing this about hospitals everywhere. I would not worry allot for myself - there is no reason to believe I'd get to be a serious case (then, I'd have to dissapear for weeks - which is no fun, etc. but not life/death either) etc. - how about you? If Greg must go in, and you need to follow, please scare your endocrinologists etc. with as many questions as they'd take.
PS: (pun intended) sending you a little something something tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s

@junebug17 based on what my boss said the company plans on cutting 10% so we will see if that impacts my team at all. We didn’t get cut the last 2 rounds so who knows. I agree it’s good I am busy; it’s all strange last minute stuff that no one else knows how to do. I totally get feeling out of sorts; these are challenging times for sure. Tough call whether to relocate to SD and let DD move in to your place.

@Jimmianne coyotes around here are pretty skittish. My astronomy club used to set up telescopes at the end of a country road and we could always hear a pack of coyotes yipping when we were there. A guy who grew up in Atlanta sure got nervous when we could hear them. I agree that probably most people are in a daze and not motivated to do the many things they could get done at home. Uncertainty rules right now. As my grumpy boss keeps reminding us we have to be doing things for our mental health right now too.

@missy oh no that Greg might have another kidney stone. I hope it “passes” literally and just goes away. Aak! I’m starting to think I’ve watched more TV this week than in the last month. I always have it on but I am no always listening to it. I rented 2 movies today; one I stopped watching in about 10 minutes; the other one was pretty good. I’ll just go down the PPV list and give the next one a try. My aches and pains are about the same plus a new one - see below. Ugh. How are your aches and pains doing? Glad you enjoyed such a great walk yesterday. I totally get why you would not have your cleaning crew come in right now. I saw an article today (and who knows it’s accuracy) but it said although the CV numbers there are awful the hospitals are not full or out of beds. I guess that is a positive note in the darkness. I hope that continues. Gorgeous trees. And wow to less people on the streets.

@Keeliamira sorry you are having trouble getting appointments; good luck with your white blood count. Watson is a cutie. Your kitchen facelift looks fabulous. I have definitely seen those backsplash tiles in the store; I’ve always liked them.

@Poodles4me glad you are starting antibiotics. I hope you feel better soon. Darn that your flour and yeast wasn’t available. So far we’ve been able to get a loaf of bread when we shop so I still haven’t made bread. I did just dig out 3 of my PB chocolate chip cookies to eat when they thaw out.

@AV_ agreed you might as well soak it in while you wait on your collaborators. We had a few rain drops here too but not much.

Hi @Niffler75, @Austina, @Scandinavian, and @Mamabean.

I slept in an extra hour. Woo hoo. I did dishes, made price labels for my sister (she makes and sells doll clothes) and did a batch of dishes. I walked the labels over to the mail box and my right foot kind of started hurting bad - when I got back to our door something popped / cracked in that spot and it still hurts like heck. I’ve taken Advil, put some ice on it and propped my leg up. I put on a larger shoe.

I have wanted / needed new shoes for about a month now and just haven’t made it to the store to try them on. I ordered some online but they sent me the wrong size. That spot has been hurting in general so I guess I waited too long. Let’s hope it gets better because no way, no how do I want to go see a doctor.

I guess our taxes are done. We get a refund of about $800. We have an appointment with her at 3 tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy Sore Foot

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy
Oh now! Oh please feel better by tomorrow !!! Tons of good well healing dust your way (sorry only half order available, you have to share with Greg)

LOL
Hugs

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Did a grocery run today--and used my "sterile technique" to hose down the packages. Washed fruit and veggies in soapy water. lol Way too much work. New normal I guess.

@Jimmianne we see coyotes on a regular basis here. They are often sunning themselves in the yard. They are not interested in us it seems--good!!! The yipping and howling can be unnerving tho...

@missy I hope Greg gets the help he needs. These are trying times to be unwell, but I still have faith in the hospitals.

I am so bored. I know I should vacuum or dust but I've no taste for it. Ho hum.

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has the coronavirus...How is that possible?
I hope Greg’s kidney stone settles down. Poor Greg has been through the ringer..and you too because he will depend on you...FWIW I agree he should have called the doctor today...Don’t tell him I said so...Your pics of flowering trees are so pretty.
@Niffler75 How are you doing? Is your son feeling less anxiety? David gives me less trouble here In Maryland. He doesn’t like to work...so he’s enjoying the time off.
@Austina I’m happy you were able to get your produce and meat from the butcher. Your dinner of hamburger and fries sound delicious. I make a terrible hamburger but will have to give it a try if my Omaha Steak order arrives.
They took my money but no updates from them. They pushed the date a few times when I checked the order. I plan to make Shatzie some dinners when he comes again in two weeks. I sent him home with enough to last two weeks if he’s careful. He made rice tonight to go with his dinner. I almost fell over.
@Jimmianne Roscoe looks like a good snuggle buddy..I should go into Jackson’s play area to see if there’s any bears I could borrow. I LOVE your headboard! It’s perfect! My mom has an antique oak headboard in Pa..I wanted to paint it white but she wanted to keep
It the way it is.. Yours is actually prettier..
I decided to put new cedar shingles on the gazebo roof. My neighbor across the street will have a fit because the moss will be removed..but the shingles are rotting and falling off. I wish I could replace the walk.
Time to get David to bed..Talk to you girls tomorrow.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Mamabean oh goodness moss! No worries by the time they "can" complain it will have grown back!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Thanks Austina :) what a cluster mess eh? how long till 2021? I hope Adam get's his papers soon.. the house ? well it can wait I suppose, tomorrow John will call everyone and start the merry go around again. Hi to Colin and sending you a huge hug Austina, truly xoxox

Okay I am hopelessly behind and I'm not sure why except that I have been so criss crossed about this mess, my crazzzzy brother in Cali calls and writes me emails of how afraid he is and scared and worried and I think uh oh he's going nutzoid again.. and I don't blame him.. even normal people feel fuzzy, so I spend time on the phone with him on and off all day to talk him off the ledge, I come on and I get reading and then I get annoyed with the wonderful posters who think opposite of everything I love and hold dear about the USA and then I leave, so I'm just going to ignore the other thread :)

So I will return to reading and make comments later.

Some good news at this moment anyway, Mike and Cara have put money down on a house in Leander Texas, it will be about 20 minutes away from our magic/ghostly house as of now in LIberty HIll, he one that at this point seems in never never land. So they are excited and I spend time on the phone with them.. Chris is good, did I tell you all that a SWAT team had been in the apt building across from him at 2:00 am Thurs a.m.? Danny was sending Chris pix and Chris was sending Dan pix because each has a different angle! of the building.. Me? I just shake my head.. and worry. worry.

Love you guys..

How's magical marvelous @missy I hope you feel well, the kids are well and Greg is doing well your mom and dad and your whole family is doing well.. NYC has been so punched over this virus Missy.. so unfair. love you.

So everyone! HOLA and greetings and love to you all so I will catch up and get my head on straight.. xoxoxox and then I will get going again every morning like I used to until this 'thing' happened. Here's a pix of John and Auti as XMAS... she is crawling EVERYWHERE and pulling herself up and next up I'm sure, outta da crib! :) xoxoxo

:) autiegrandpapa.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I decided to put new cedar shingles on the gazebo roof. My neighbor across the street will have a fit because the moss will be removed..but the shingles are rotting and falling off.

Offer them to her? I would not laugh at the offer [well, if you can keep a straight face through it!]

obviously, it is early morning & I coud use some moss

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean my question? how did that tiger get CV19? from a human that's how. I dunno I just don't know

Sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with people, moss all over wood and people would complain? really just makes my blood boil, I'll dwell on that rather than this mess we are in :)..

hugs girl.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Everyone else around here has all their cousins ten times removed 'down the road' & I am seriously envious! Part of my clan is like that, but they hardly know me & I could not recognize all who call themselves my relatives ,( [no good] I am happy to hear you & yours willl be near enough. Your house looks real to me - more than mine [I am terrified of owning things I cannot carry! - I'd be stuck with anything here & loose all hope of having any family around whatsoever ,( How did I end a 'foreighner' - never gave it a thought.]

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy how's Greg? are you feeling better? I'm sorry the doorperson has CV19... not surprising in a way, people walk by all the time, deiveries.. sending healing dust his way..

ETA: misread, they are disappearing out of fear, I can understand that I suppose. Once this is over the board will have to discuss. Maybe keep them but give a HUGE bonus to those who weren't as afraid. dunno.. I'm scared and I'm not a doorman. crazy times

sending you healing, happy dust and mucho love. xo

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ You are awesome. I do understand the feeling of owning only what you can carry.. a rolling stone, what a wonderful life really!. My family is mostly dead now, I feel lonely about that but the alternative is to be wherever they are and I'll pass on that for now. :) Thank you for your kind thoughts and words AV, perked me up.. I seem to be in a funk of 'lost in spaceness' sending a huge KaTE hug to you! xoxoxoxo

@Tekate Everyone else around here has all their cousins ten times removed 'down the road' & I am seriously envious! Part of my clan is like that, but they hardly know me & I could not recognize all who call themselves my relatives ,( [no good] I am happy to hear you & yours willl be near enough. Your house looks real to me - more than mine [I am terrified of owning things I cannot carry! - I'd be stuck with anything here & loose all hope of having any family around whatsoever ,( How did I end a 'foreighner' - never gave it a thought.]

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy HI Marcy.. I am so sorry about your 'snap' sounds painful.. you and I should have stock in Advil.. I take 2 at a time for my shoulder! I hope you are feeling much better.. We have put Christopher's teddy bear on our front porch for the little one's here to wave to.. tomorrow I'll take a pix and put it up.. Chris loved that Bear, it still says his name and pre-school name on it.. so glad Marty is still giving lessons and so so sorry about the layoffs.. I feel so scared we are going to have another great recession. don't know how my kids will live thru another without being really depressed. :( anyways.. love to you and Marty.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Offer them to her? I would not laugh at the offer [well, if you can keep a straight face through it!]

obviously, it is early morning & I coud use some moss
Love this @AV_! I can’t keep a straight face though!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Your step cut ring is in! - I had no idea [03:34 - day over]

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean my question? how did that tiger get CV19? from a human that's how. I dunno I just don't know

Sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with people, moss all over wood and people would complain? really just makes my blood boil, I'll dwell on that rather than this mess we are in :)..

hugs girl.

Yes but they would have to be closer than six feet @Tekate..People are
crazy but not that crazy. He’s outside..Is it in the air outside? Scary...
I’m done with that moss..I can’t wait
to see it done. He’s coming next week..He said it will take a week to do because of all the cuts. I think he’s going to rip me off but I think he needs the money so I’m okay with it.
Auti is adorable..She will be on the move soon!
That’s such great news Mike and Cara bought a house
near your someday house. The timing is so bad..but things will work out eventually...I feel bad for you guys because it should be a fun experience.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning from the sunny north!
Just wanted to ask how you and Greg are doing this morning?
Will try to read and replay and write something sensible later.
Hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy Monday.

Morning from the sunny north!
Just wanted to ask how you and Greg are doing this morning?
Will try to read and replay and write something sensible later.
Hugs to all!

Good morning dear Scandi and girls. We are A OK this morning. Greg will contact the urologist's office (who I am sure is not in the office) and hope he gets back to Greg today. Knock wood all quiet right now.

Some good news at this moment anyway, Mike and Cara have put money down on a house in Leander Texas, it will be about 20 minutes away from our magic/ghostly house as of now in LIberty HIll, he one that at this point seems in never never land. So they are excited and I spend time on the phone with them.. Chris is good, did I tell you all that a SWAT team had been in the apt building across from him at 2:00 am Thurs a.m.? Danny was sending Chris pix and Chris was sending Dan pix because each has a different angle! of the building.. Me? I just shake my head.. and worry. worry.

Love you guys..

How's magical marvelous @missy I hope you feel well, the kids are well and Greg is doing well your mom and dad and your whole family is doing well.. NYC has been so punched over this virus Missy.. so unfair. love you.

So everyone! HOLA and greetings and love to you all so I will catch up and get my head on straight.. xoxoxox and then I will get going again every morning like I used to until this 'thing' happened. Here's a pix of John and Auti as XMAS... she is crawling EVERYWHERE and pulling herself up and next up I'm sure, outta da crib! :) xoxoxo

:)
autiegrandpapa.jpg

What a sweet angle Auti is. :love: Thank you for sharing a photo. Makes my heart sing. Our doorman is doing better thank goodness. I love this particular doorman. He was the doorman when I moved in to this building in 1995 so we have known each other for a long time. Glad he is on the mend. Greg and the board came up with a plan to keep the building running but if everyone gets Covid 19 I don't see how that will continue but time will tell. OMG a SWAT team at the apartment building across from Chris. Do you know what happened? Scary times all around. Covid 19 has a ripple effect. Not just from getting ill but from getting groceries/meds/other diseases and nothing and no place feels safe. Good news re Mike and Cara and their new home. Very exciting and glad it is relatively close to your new home. Hugs and love dear Kate the great and wonderful. XOXOXO.

@missy A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has the coronavirus...How is that possible?
I hope Greg’s kidney stone settles down. Poor Greg has been through the ringer..and you too because he will depend on you...FWIW I agree he should have called the doctor today...Don’t tell him I said so...Your pics of flowering trees are so pretty.

Thank you dear Joanne. I was upset to learn of that news re the tiger at the Bronx Zoo. This means yes cats (and other animals) can and will get Covid 19. What a terrible situation. Not just people but now animals will suffer and die. You can imagine how concerned I am learning that news. My sister is upset as well. This tragedy keeps on giving. Sending you big hugs. How was the rest of your visit with your DH? And let's see your mom's sock collection. :bigsmile:

@missy
Did a grocery run today--and used my "sterile technique" to hose down the packages. Washed fruit and veggies in soapy water. lol Way too much work. New normal I guess.

I hope Greg gets the help he needs. These are trying times to be unwell, but I still have faith in the hospitals.

I am so bored. I know I should vacuum or dust but I've no taste for it. Ho hum.

Yay for getting grocers and fruit and veggies. Those are my favorite groceries and of course the most perishable so the ones that need the most grocery store visits. I wish I shared your faith in our hospitals Sharon. I do not. But I think the hospitals in Canada are better prepared so if I lived in Canada I would probably feel the same way. It is a war zone here at the hospitals. I am telling the truth and not trying to be doom and gloom. Just being honest and facing reality that is NYC right now. And NJ isn't far behind sadly. Trying to remain hopeful however and one day at a time. Sending you lots of good thoughts and well wishes and hugs and I hope your day turns out to hold some joy and some fun.
Speaking of vacuuming I must do that today as well. The cat hair keeps multiplying lol.

@Austina hope the rest of your weekend went well and that you and Colin had a good night's sleep and are enjoying a nice morning. XO.

@marcy oh no about your foot...how is it today? I hope it is better. Yay for getting taxes done. We did ours last month and already received our federal refund but waiting for our state refund. We paid off the beach mortgage with part of the federal refund. The hospitals here are full. Very scary. And we don't really have a safe place per se to go as NY and NJ are #1 and #2 in the nation with Covid 19 cases....
Glad you got to sleep an extra hour yesterday. That is sweet. We slept OK last night. Though Greg woke every hour to pee. Darn stent. Poor sweet baby. If it rains it pours. Story of our life this past year. But everyone is going through tough times and we are going to get through it. Hugs to you. And I hope you don't have to see a doctor for your foot but if you do just make the appointment at their office and you should be OK. Glad Marty is still giving his weight classes and lessons and that is a bright spot in this.

@Keeliamira just wanted to send you more hugs and good wishes. Hope everything is calm and you are doing as well as possible and that your necessary appointments get scheduled. Hugs.

@AV_ good morning. Snow situation update? Thanks for your advice. My endocrinologist has disappeared lol. Gotta laugh cause it beats the alternative. Praying we don't have to go in. There is no separate entrance for Covid vs non Covid patients...hugs and be well dear AV.

@missy Keeping you both in my thoughts overnight. Will check in tomorrow. Take care x

Thank you Niffler. How are you and son and dh and cats doing? Hugs and love and hope you all slept well.

LOL well we have five bedrooms and three bathrooms there so there is always a room available for you to! Scoop up your parents and come on over!

Haha don't tempt me. If there was a way to bring all our furry babies we just might have taken you up on that offer. Hugs. How is F and her paw doing today? Hugs to all of you.

Tekate ... cluster mess ..... :lol::lol::lol:

This is the only "cluster" mess I want to see. :lol:

bubbalahcrispfacets.jpg.png

Yes I count this as a cluster ring to some degree.
How are things in your village @Jimmianne and how is your garden doing? How are your neighbors and friends doing back in the States?
XO.

@Slick1 sending you continued hugs and good thoughts.

@bling_dream19 good morning. Hope the rest of your weekend went well and all is going smoothly by you. How is your mom doing? How is your DH doing? I love that you wear your glamorous bling in PJs. Love it.:appl: XO.

So we did enjoy a shorter walk yesterday and the sun stayed out for our entire walk despite the cloudy forecast. And it was lovely. Streets empty for a Sunday though yes still too many people we had to move to avoid. But avoid them we did. Success.
Sharing the photos again because they make me and hopefully you smile just a bit.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.13.58 PM.png

and we spotted a lovely rainbow too. Worth sharing again.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.12.34 PM.png

Also spotted an upbeat sign which made me smile which I already shared with you but in times like this worth sharing again. Don't you agree?

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.10.47 PM.png

And that goes for all the NIRDIs. We are going to be OK. Hugs to all of you and lots of love. Have a good Monday.

And one new photo. Is this a willow tree? Does anybody know?

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 7.05.40 AM.png

Last edited:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
To all the NIRDIs--I don't post here every day, but rest assured, you are all part of my day because I read about your daily struggles, heartbreaks, triumphs and "just plain getting through the day" stuff. I apologize for not keeping up as well as I should (or as others do--so lucky to have the foundational members that keep this intact!!). You are all heroes in your own way and I appreciate how you are making it through life, as well as making a life. Thank you all. Lisa (springerspaniel)

PS I love pictures and stories about furbabies, especially dogs he he. Has anyone else seen pluto the schnauzer from Canada? For some reason he or she really cracks me up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To all the NIRDIs--I don't post here every day, but rest assured, you are all part of my day because I read about your daily struggles, heartbreaks, triumphs and "just plain getting through the day" stuff. I apologize for not keeping up as well as I should (or as others do--so lucky to have the foundational members that keep this intact!!). You are all heroes in your own way and I appreciate how you are making it through life, as well as making a life. Thank you all. Lisa (springerspaniel)

PS I love pictures and stories about furbabies, especially dogs he he. Has anyone else seen pluto the schnauzer from Canada? For some reason he or she really cracks me up.

Hello Lisa! So glad you and the family are well. And so happy to hear from you. I have not heard of Pluto and thanks for that recommendation. Love him! :kiss2:

Now that is the way to bring some cheer to everyone. Love the perspective from the "4 leggeds" haha. And leftover snacks in the schoolyard and drain. Hahaha. And yes, indeed it is important to all be good to each other and no sniffing crotches. Hahahaha. Thank you Lisa. Love Pluto. Hugs and stay well.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Missy- it's hard to see the leaves clearly on the tree, but could it be a willow oak? Definitely not a Weeping Willow. Glad your hubby is hanging in there!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy- it's hard to see the leaves clearly on the tree, but could it be a willow oak? Definitely not a Weeping Willow. Glad your hubby is hanging in there!

Thank you @pinkjewel ❤️ Hope you’re all well!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m really glad to hear there were no emergencies overnight @missy, and hopefully by now Greg has got hold of the Urologist for some advice. Thank goodness he still had some meds to help with the pain. When is your nightmare going to end?

I’m glad you managed to get out yesterday, it was a beautiful day here too, but we’re staying in, we just think for us, it’s the safest thing to do. Fortunately, we’re not stir crazy yet, or feeling murderous toward each other :lol: Must be something about being together for almost 42 years! We’re desperately hoping that Greg remains stable and everything settles down, at least until this is all over and we get back some semblance of normality.

Hi @springerspaniel, yes, I have seen the little schnauzer, he’s really cute, I say he, I don’t know if it’s male or female either! Hope you’re doing OK, it’s hard to keep positive at the moment, but we’re giving it a damn good try, because there’s no real alternative. We joke every day about where we’re ‘going’ the following day, and then say, “nah, let’s just stay in”!

Hi @Tekate, thanks for the hug, and sending one right back at you! Sadly, Adam’s papers are going to be delayed for who knows how long, and then of course the knock on effect for us. We can’t do anything about it, so just have to sit and wait, we’ve been doing it for the last 5 years, so a few more months won’t make any difference in the long run. I hope John can get somewhere with the house, it would be something good to look forward to. Glad to hear you and yours are OK, although the SWAT team sounds rather alarming. :shock:

Yikes, I wonder what pinged in your foot @marcy, I hope it’s not too painful and you’re doing OK? It’s not going to be long before you hit the magic 100lbs :dance: Here’s our little ‘coyote’ who sometimes visits 494230

Why on earth do people think they get a say on what you do with your property @Mamabean? I’m with you, and don’t think moss is a good look, especially if it’s presence is making the wood rot. I like @AV_ ‘s suggestion to offer it to your neighbours, I’d love to see their faces :lol: I saw the photo of your Mum on the other thread, her dressing gown reminds me of my Slanket, it’s leopard print, so I call it Leopold:D Hope you’re all doing well there.

For some reason @canuk-gal because our road is normally so quiet, I think people are walking down here because they don’t expect to encounter anyone, but of course, with the numbers now parading up and down, it’s becoming like Piccadilly Circus!

How are things there @Jimmianne? Are you also enjoying this lovely weather?

Hi @Niffler75 hope things are good with you, and you’re keeping busy and not stressing too much.

How are your Mum and Grandma doing @Scandinavian, I hope they’re both in good spirits and keeping well. Another sunny day here too, makes this current situation more bearable doesn’t it?

Hi @junebug17, isn’t it surprising how quickly the days are going, even when you’re not particularly doing much? The days don’t seem to be going any slower, even though we’re not going out. We’re not allowed out further than a few miles from our house, and that’s only to get food or exercise. It’s to stop the people who think it’s perfectly fine to congregate at the beach or parks and not observe the mass gatherings or social distancing. The weather this weekend has been so good, that far too many people were just carrying on and ignoring the lockdown, to the extent they’re now talking of a complete lockdown, and stopping people even being able to go out to exercise.

We’re all good here, had a long FaceTime visit with Adam and Kim yesterday, and they’re both well. I waited for Shirley, but she was a no show again. They stay up late watching films, then she sleeps all day. Personally, I think she’d be less confused if they kept more regular hours, but it’s not for me to say. I know she misses our weekly talk, but with the 6 hour time difference, I’m not going to start talking to her at 8 or 9pm.

We have another delivery coming tomorrow, we seem to be very fortunate that we can manage to catch one as soon as it pops up. Of course, we don’t know if we’ll get everything, but whatever comes will be fine.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs, keep on keeping on, we’re going to get through this. Stay safe and well :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results