carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

How’re you feeling now @missy? I hope you’re all better. It’s a lovely day here, we’d like to go our for a walk, but since the lockdown, I’ve never seen so many people walking up and down our usually very quiet road :shock:

Things seem to have really settled down with the kitties, and it’s lovely to see them all getting along so well. That’s awful news about the doorman, but hopefully, with all the measures you’ve been taking, you should be OK. Did you manage to get everything you needed from Costco the other day?

Hi @canuk, did you feel like little red riding hood seeing the big bad Wolf the other day?

Are the Munchkins keeping busy being off school? Is F’s foot healing well @Scandinavian ?

@Tekate, everything crossed you’ll get the soil sample results back soon and can get a start date for the build. This has been the worst possible timing for you, and I’m sorry. We have seen lots of David Weekly homes and been very impressed with the build quality and finishes, and if we had a firm date, would’ve been interested in going that route. With all this happening now, Adam’s naturalisation has been held up, the wedding put back, and of course, all our plans pushed back too.

The days are definitely all blending in to one @Niffler75, it’s not so bad for us because we can find things to do, or not do. Our priority is to keep healthy and get through this, but it’s difficult keeping a child entertained and interested. I’ve used silver clay in the past, wasn’t one of my better jewellery making efforts :lol:

:lol: @marcy, that’s so true about cats. How’re things going, are you still getting constant aggravation from the brats?

What‘re you up to this weekend @bling_dream19 ?

Are you doing any gardening this weekend @Jimmianne ?

Happy weekend @Daisys and Diamonds @Poodles4me @sarahb @Slick1.

Someone Adam knows has a factory in China and contacts who make PPE, so he’s ordered masks and gloves for Kim’s sister, Lily, who’s a Dr in Oklahoma, and getting them shipped straight to her. She’s been told to wear a mask for 3 days because they’re so short on supplies.

Lovely bright sunny day here, we’ve started watching How to get away with Murder, I wanted to watch it when it first came on, but didn’t get around to it, so we’re catching up now.

Have a lovely weekend you lovely NIRDI.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone Adam knows has a factory in China and contacts who make PPE, so he’s ordered masks and gloves for Kim’s sister, Lily, who’s a Dr in Oklahoma, and getting them shipped straight to her. She’s been told to wear a mask for 3 days because they’re so short on supplies.

That is wonderful news! And please tell Lily we are all rooting for her and praying for her safety and well being. So great that Adam can get masks for her. :appl:

How’re you feeling now @missy? I hope you’re all better. It’s a lovely day here, we’d like to go our for a walk, but since the lockdown, I’ve never seen so many people walking up and down our usually very quiet road :shock:

Things seem to have really settled down with the kitties, and it’s lovely to see them all getting along so well. That’s awful news about the doorman, but hopefully, with all the measures you’ve been taking, you should be OK. Did you manage to get everything you needed from Costco the other day?

I seem to have a bit of a cold but it isn't manifesting fully. I definitely do not have a fever. And I feel fine. For the most part. Just sniffles and sometimes throat is scratchy. Maybe allergies? Staying indoors so much could be cat allergies.

We managed to get lots of what we need and what 2 of our neighbors need (we picked stuff up for them as well since they are older) but the salad wasn't too great (expiring today and we just got it Thursday) and they didn't have paper towels. And no protein for me as they were out of wild salmon and langostinos. But no complaints. Thankful for what they did have and what we did get.

How are your supplies holding up? Have you scheduled another food delivery for the future?

Lovely bright sunny day here, we’ve started watching How to get away with Murder, I wanted to watch it when it first came on, but didn’t get around to it, so we’re catching up now.

Have a lovely weekend you lovely NIRDI.

Enjoy this beautiful Saturday @Austina. I hope you can get out and avoid people while being outside in the fresh air. It is a challenge here too and we decided to stay inside yesterday. It was nasty weather and still too many people outside. Hoping to get out today and still be safe.

Enjoy "How to get away with Murder" we haven't caught that yet and will put it on the list. We are still enjoying Handmaid's Tale season 3. I am really into it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re well stocked at the moment @missy, the fruit and vegetable order I had coming on the 13th was cancelled yesterday, but I have the alternate source, and I don’t think we’ll have any problems getting another delivery from him next week. We’ve’ got another supermarket basket ready for when a slot opens later in the week, and of course, our neighbours will get us anything we need if we really get stuck. I hope you can source some protein, you need to keep well fed, that’s so kind of you to help out your neighbours. If we could get tested to see if we’d already had the virus (as we suspect), we’d be less worried about going out, but until then, we’re staying put and keeping safe.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My mermaid mask is in and I LOVE it!! I washed it on sanitary cycle and its drying now. Will post pics when its dry.
The company that I ordered 3 masks from, 2 for my parents and they got them and 1 for my hubby and it's still not here. Its definitely lost. I'm ordering another one for him. And I ordered 2 more and I got duped. Seller gone and no shipment. Etsy says I can open a case in mid April. It's ok and I'm not stressed about it.
I'm really sorry to hear your doorman has covid @missy that's super scary. I hope he recovers quickly and you and Greg are ok. Thinking about all your fam Missy and I'm worried about your sister too working so much.
Today has been quiet I just wanted to stay close to my hubby all day, feeling a little anxious and even felt woozy this morning. I think it's all anxiety. Feeling better now and making double batch of banana bread with almond flour. I love this for breakfast along with an orange!
@Austina really glad to hear you and hubby are well. Your burger sounds delicious! I think we might be having burgers for dinner.
Sending love and hugs to all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bright sunny day here! Chilly but nice. Had a decent walk--takes the edge off.

@Austina why are you seeing more people on your road? Are the parks off limits?

NIRDI shout out !!!! Take care and handwash on!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
62139EB4-FD0A-4DD8-B92C-A451EF3E83E2.jpeg

Had a lovely walk. Flowers all blooming. ❤
@bling_dream19 glad you love your mermaid mask! Can’t wait to see it. Thanks for your warm wishes and concern for my family. Hope your mom and everyone is doing well too. ❤
oh and I love banana bread. Yummmm. Sorry you’re feeling a bit anxious. I think most of us are. It’s a challenging time. (((Hugs))).

@Austina so glad you’re well stocked. And it would be amazing if you already had Covid 19. Not to mention potentially helping so many others. Fingers crossed.

@canuk-gal what a glorious day it is today. Glad you’re enjoying some bright weather and had a good walk. It does wonders for the spirit.

Enjoy a wonderful evening girls. XO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful flowers! @missy
Here's my mermaid mask and its reversible! Of course, only after washing. 20200404_184725.jpg 20200404_184710.jpg
Its really cute and theres a filter pocket. The seller is no longer making the masks but its JeniHonuDesigns on etsy.
Hope everyone has a restful evening! Changed the dinner plan to frozen pizza!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne mentioning the fire department hosing thing down make the think Marty should bring in his power cleaner to spray things off. Of course it would be rather messy in here.

@Scandinavian that is a smart way to pay for builders. Here you can take out a construction loan that then switches to a mortgage after you take possession. Our house we only had to put a deposit on it and pay a percentage of the upgrades up front. Thank you for saying I am getting strong; I sure notice little differences.

@canuk-gal banana raspberry waffles sound great. I might make French toast tomorrow. I am glad the coyote didn’t think you looked like a snack. My dad took Marty back in to some pond to go fishing on time and then they spread out on the bank. Marty said all of a sudden he had the eerie feeling something was watching him and he looked around an a wolf was sizing him up. Marty stood up and the wolf ran away - probably figured he would be “tough” to have for supper.

@missy nice that you and Greg went for a long walk. Sorry your sister is working so much and that your BIL has to go in to the hospital a few days a week. I am sure your parents don’t want to bother you but I know they appreciate your help. That is awesome P&B’s baby is so pretty. I hate to hear one of Greg’s colleagues has caught the virus. I wish them a speedy recovery. I made beef noodle soup; we finished it off at lunch today. I know I was very excited to close in on 100 pounds lifting. How are you feeling? How is that spot in your back? Marty is doing okay and is having another Barbells in the Park tomorrow. Yes, we are lucky here. I am sorry you live in such a hot zone and I hate to hear one of your doormen might have it.

@Niffler75 Oreo is so cute. Yes, it does seem like we are living in Groundhog Day and my day always starts with an alarm clock. How fun to plant poppies and wild flowers; both of those grow pretty well in our short summers.

@AV_ I hope you do get warmer weather. We are warming up as well. Did you decide to publish already?

@Mamabean how nice your DH is coming for a visit. I am sure he appreciates you sending food home with him.

@bling_dream19 I can picture your DH in the “robbers” mask. I have a white hat like that I knit and used for star parties - it is really warm though. Nice your mermaid mask showed up. Your meals and baking plans sound delicious and now I want chocolate cake.

@Austina oh no your street has become busy with people walking. We have a greenway behind our house; it’s busy but not crowded. Sorry to hear Adam’s naturalization and the wedding has been pushed back slowly down your plans as well. Yes, my brats can drive me crazy but I’m still happy NN is gone. Glad to hear Kim’s sister Lily is getting some masks.

We rented the movies “I Still Believe” and “The Current War”. They were both pretty good.

Marty is doing another barbells in the park tomorrow. Maybe we’ll order curbside dinner tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Hi @Tekate, so happy everyone is feeling better. And good to hear everybody in Brooklyn is doing well. I know you worry about Chris so I'm glad he's doing ok. Pretty pics of the site, and I'm sorry about all of this uncertainty.

@missy, hope you're feeling better soon . It's great you've found someone to feed the ferals. Very scary about your friend and I'm really glad he's improving. Hopefully your doorman didn't have Covid 19. Good news about Greg's job. Sweet pics of the kitties grooming each other. Glad about the good update on your parents and I hope your sister and bil stay healthy and safe.

@bling_dream19, glad to hear you're managing ok. Nice you got some masks although I'm sorry that dh's hasn't come. I feel the same as you...staying home isn't a hardship for me, can always find something to do. Glad you're feeling a little less anxious and had a good day with your dh.

@Poodles4me, I'm feeling very similar to you these days. I understand. I have good days and bad days too...maybe more like good hours and bad hours lol. Sending you good thoughts and comfort and I hope you can find some distractions from all these worries.

@Mamabean, your outdoor area is so pretty. Love the gazebo. I hope you had a great visit with your dh. It's a shame you guys have to be apart during such a hard time.

@Scandinavian, so glad to hear things are ok with you. I hope your furbaby is over the infection soon.

@canuk-gal , it seems like the more time we have the less we get done lol. We've been wiping our groceries down, I figure it can't hurt. Glad you and yours are doing ok.

@marcy, I really hope you don't have any layoffs. I like your way of handling take-out. Cute pic of your bear...he has the right idea. Sorry you're so busy at work but I guess it's a good sign and does pass the time for you.

@Jimmianne, such a cute picture <3. I hear you on the endless loop...it's hard to keep track of all the surfaces we touch during the course of the day.

@Austina, nice that you had a long chat with a friend. Glad you've gotten more supplies and are feeling less anxious. Great news about Adam being able to get masks for Lily. It sounds like it could be a possibility that you've already had covid.

@AV_, I'm glad the store was stocked and you were able to get things you need. Pretty scenery and what a difference in a short time. Glad to hear you are occupied with work and doing ok.

@Niffler75, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's colleague. Just awful. So hard for a mom to see their child feeling anxious and I hope your son starts doing better. Oreo is beautiful. I miss having a kitty so I've grown attached to the squirrel who keeps raiding my bird feeder lol. I hope your new ring arrives soon.

Everyone is good here. Worried about dd being in a hot spot in NJ...We're in NJ now - Wondering if it makes sense for us to go to SC so dd and her boyfriend could stay at our house in NJ. (Less populated here). Maybe it's best for everyone to just stay in place, idk. There's a case of covid in my brother's building and it's a 55+ community. Ugh.

I've been feeling a bit out of sorts so not always up to posting but I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts and hoping everyone stays safe and healthy. Please take care everyone.

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, your building lot looks like a lovely place for a picnic. Or even set up a tent for hanging out and dreaming.

Sharon, how cool that you saw a coyote. I hear them at night, but have only spotted one in 20 years on the farm. It’s wonderful to think of them living among us. Does it make you nervous at all?

Marcy,

Missy, I’m thrilled that your kitties are taking care of each other. Thank you for all the cute photos. And your new ring is very hip...of course. I love those blue tights.

Scandi, I am always happy to help with temptation! What in the bling world is tempting you these days??

Bling dream, happy you visited one of the vendors! What a pretty mask. It’s a fashion statement! Mine has red too, and I’m going to wear it to the outdoor Sunday market for the first time today and am already planning an outfit. I might not being brave enough to get near the market, ( but since my neighbor sewed all the masks for the neighborhood I might at least get some photos of everyone in their colorful masks from afar).
Should we have a NIRDI fashion show here??:dance:

June, It’s hard not to feel out of sorts. What an unusual time we are going through. If anyone is feeling perfectly happy and normal, they’ve probably gone around the bend LOL
I’m having a terrible time getting motivated, mostly I’m here on the iPad. I make myself go up to the Garden, and then I end up just sitting up there. A good day consist of getting the dishes done. I was feeling pretty miserable about not making the most of all this free time, but then there was an article in the New York Times yesterday talking about the exact same thing. I think everyone’s in a bit of a daze.

Hi to everyone. Happy Sunday...another day of staying well to you!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@junebug17 I am sorry your DD is in a hot spot in NJ and that someone in your brother's building has Covid 19. It's a tough choice staying or going to SC...our friends actually bought a condo in Jupiter Fla in February and never came back to their Jersey Shore house and are staying there for the duration. Maybe the best thing to do is head to SC with your family and stay put there for the rest of the pandemic? Greg and I have been going back and forth about this issue as well. Though the choices between NYC and NJ don't seem that great lol. Trying to keep perspective about things but no longer can I say well at least no one is at risk of dying...the anxiety is real and there are no perfect choices here. If it were just me I would want to stay in our Brooklyn home but there are pros and cons to both choices. As I am sure it is the same with your decision. Whatever you decide it will be the best choice for your family and I am continuing to send good wishes and good thoughts and all the best to you. As for missing have a kitty I could make a joke and say we would send you Oliver (or even Gracie lol) but I don't know if you would find it funny...but the offer stands lol. Thinking of you and sending you gentle hugs.

@Jimmianne thank you for the kitty love. And for the "bling" love. LOL if only all bling were as easy and inexpensive. I have not worn Bubbalah for many weeks. I don't miss wearing her either. I know it's PS heresy to say that haha. I hear you on not making the most of all this free time. I have not yet organized one darn thing nor really cleaned the house. It needs to be cleaned. I vacuumed. That's it. And as I type this Greg is doing laundry. I have not been productive. So much to do and so much time to do it in but so little motivation. I am also concerned I will run out of meds and there is nothing I can do about it. Most of my med ingredients come from China. Sigh. So whatever happens will happen and all I can do is take it day by day. It is really all any of us can do. How are your friends who live on your farm in the states doing?Hugs to you.

@marcy glad to hear Marty is still giving classes in the park and that you guys are doing well. Thanks for sharing the movies you enjoyed. We are still watching Handmaid's Tale season 3 which is excellent. We had a great walk yesterday and it cheered my spirit and soul. My back feels A OK thanks for asking. How are your aches and pains? How's lifting going? Is your cleaning lady still coming weekly? Lucky you...I would love to have my crew come but I daren't. Is that a word? LOL OK have a good Sunday and hugs.

@Slick1 hope you enjoyed a gorgeous Saturday as the weather was lovely and I think today is more of the same. Hugs to you and your family.

@Tekate hugs and love and lots of well wishes.

@Scandinavian I trust F is doing much better. More good wishes outgoing and hugs.

@bling_dream19 I love your mermaid mask-it's perfect. Hope you get the other mask situation sorted. Have a happy and peaceful Sunday. Big hugs.

@Poodles4me I owe you an email. I have been so unmotivated to do anything. Keeping good thoughts for you and sending you hugs.

@Mamabean hope you are enjoying a wonderful visit with your DH. Hugs to you.

It's early here and Greg is doing laundry and after we do our workout routine we are going for a walk. It isn't easy walking with masks but we are trying the best we can to remain safe. Sending all of you lots of well wishes and hugs.

Leaving you with some pretty nature photos I took during our walk yesterday. It's hard to see with the mask on and glasses not on the face correctly due to the mask but I didn't let that stop me. Sorry for the somewhat blurry photos.

And you can see there are mask wearers everywhere now. Happy to see that. And more people were respecting the 6 foot distance rule. Note everyone but we remained vigilant and moved out of people's way.

For a weekend this is pretty empty though there were lots of people around during our walk yesterday. Sheltering in place takes on a whole new meaning depending where one lives. This is what it looks like in the epicenter of a big urban environment. Hoping wearing our masks and keeping our distance keeps us Covid free. Fingers and toes crossed. Stay well girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg just informed me he had a kidney stone giving him pain overnight. Oy. The pain has passed for now but I hope it stays away because going to the hospital isn't a great prospect right now but we might have no choice. :(

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy :oops2:Just seen your update ((hugs)). Maybe it's just a niggle. How is he now? Any temperature, blood in wee? Keeping you both in my thoughts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy :oops2:Just seen your update ((hugs)). Maybe it's just a niggle. How is he now? Any temperature, blood in wee? Keeping you both in my thoughts!

Thanks @Niffler75 it's been an exhausting 12 months and I guess our share of challenges are not yet over. Just praying this next one doesn't kill us.

Reactions: AV_

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
It will be ok. I imagine the hospitals there are the same as in the UK and diverting cases that are clearly not covid to separate areas if the hospital. That, coupled with infection control procedures should make things as safe as possible if he needs to be seen.
Sending a virtual hand hold and hug. Keep us posted! x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, I’m so sorry to hear that Greg has been in pain again with the kidney stones. I don’t know what it’s like there, but from what I gather, here, if you have to go to the hospital, they have a triage area for anyone not showing any signs of CV, and are keeping everything as separate as possible to avoid cross infection. I would be surprised if that’s not the protocol at all hospitals. Hopefully, it won’t come to that, and am keeping everything crossed that things will settle down, and Greg will be fine. XXX

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s good news @missy, long may it continue.

On a positive note, BAT (British American Tobacco) have said they could have a vaccine ready in 3 months made from genetically modified tobacco leaves.

I heard that @Austina! There’s also someone working on antibodies like they used on Ebola and snake venom...I think the researcher said it would be able to be used in trials in August.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Heloooo NIRDIs!
I seem to only have the energy for weekend check-ins :confused2: I hope Greg’s kidney stone passed and that’s all you’ll here from it @missy. @Mamabean, your garden and gazebo are soooo lovely! Sending hugs and love to allllll of you. I can’t remember much more from the tiger posts I just read so please forgive the lack of individual comments.

I still haven’t been seen or even scheduled by the epilepsy docs which is a worry since I’m having daily neurological stuff. I am now being sent to a hematologist (Tuesday) because apparently my white blood count has been high since December (13k-28k...everything but basinophils are quite out if range). Gah!

On a brighter note, my kitchen spruce up is continuing. I’m trying to do a little facelift rather than a full Re-do. Our new tile backsplash went up yesterday, grouting today. I’m quite taken with the tile...it is a variegated jade green glass with an iridescent sheen like mermaid scales and it makes me smile! My plan is to paint our island and the seating nook we’re building a deep blue/green color to complement the backsplash. My daughter is trying to convince me to paint all the cabinets (not necessarily blue, lol) but I kind of like the natural wood. What do you think? Walls will be repainted a much lighter color ...something off white likely.

And I managed to groom my Watson yesterday. He wouldn’t let me finish his face or paws (hence the crusty mustache and ratty paws, lol) but he looks worlds better!

DF8C7930-74A8-4704-A519-09C2DAFC8C55.jpeg 708B24AF-5807-43DB-B177-F2051D2A5B2E.jpeg 994A0D22-E973-488F-80F8-4A6DA8766F85.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Niffler75 @Scandinavian @Keeliamira @Austina @Mamabean and all the NIRDIs. Greg is taking Oxy and tomorrow if he can make it through will call his urologist and hopefully there will be a reasonable and safe plan of action. Going to the ER is the last resort as in NYC all the hospitals are filled with Covid. @Niffler75 there sadly is no safe place right now here in any hospital. It's a nightmare. If we have to go we will though as what other option is there for him if the pain gets to a 10 like it was in December. Praying we can make it through today and the days ahead managing not to go to the hospital.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Niffler75 @Scandinavian @Keeliamira @Austina @Mamabean and all the NIRDIs. Greg is taking Oxy and tomorrow if he can make it through will call his urologist and hopefully there will be a reasonable and safe plan of action. Going to the ER is the last resort as in NYC all the hospitals are filled with Covid. @Niffler75 there sadly is no safe place right now here in any hospital. It's a nightmare. If we have to go we will though as what other option is there for him if the pain gets to a 10 like it was in December. Praying we can make it through today and the days ahead managing not to go to the hospital.

He will be okay, one way or the other! I know it hurts like s**t, but is it dangerous or “just” incredibly painful?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He will be okay, one way or the other! I know it hurts like s**t, but is it dangerous or “just” incredibly painful?

I think it can be dangerous as it is a large stone (of a few stones that he still has unfortunately) and it can do internal damage...that's why masking the pain is only a very short term measure if we can even mask the pain because in December nothing was touching the pain but the strongest IV pain meds that you can only get in the hospital. I am holding my breath we can get through this intact and without having to head to the ER. But tomorrow I am fairly certain the urologist will have to plan some action and that means hospitalization to remove the stones...the lithotripsy machine might not be available (only available once per month at his hospital) and I doubt we can wait so that just leaves surgical removal. And then I have a big problem with the cats as we are in NY and his urology surgeon is in NJ. Under normal circumstances this would be difficult but manageable but during Covid 19 pandemic it feels almost impossible.

I don't see any way to avoiding a hospital stay right now and just hoping we can avoid the ER at least.
:pray:

How is your family doing Scandi?

Reactions: AV_

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey NIRDI's - i hope everyone is hanging in there as best as they can. I am loving the furbaby pics. I have 3 dogs but I was a cat person first. @Niffler75 - I was wondering the same thing as Scandi - where are her legs. At first glance I thought Oreo was buried in sand.

@missy - I am wondering the same as @Scandinavian, is this dangerous situation? Will it lead to a blockage if it goes untreated?

@Keeliamira - I hope you're able to get into see the specialists soon. I admire how you're able to keep yourself busy and focused when dealing with such issues.

I could tell for the last week there has been a sinus infection starting to brew. Last night I had a sneaky suspicion it had taken hold. After being awake a few hours today I knew it was time to start the antibiotics. I started them at lunch today. No point in waiting until I am flat on back and my face is so swollen that I can't open my eyes. I am learning not to wait until I am so sick that it takes longer to recover. I am very fortunate I have a family doctor that gives me antibiotics to have on hand because of my immune system disorder and trusts me to know when to take them.

I did some baking yesterday and felt totally relaxed. This is the only time I truly relax is when I am baking. As my best friend said, it the baking and not the eating that makes me happy. K likes the eating a little too much and I have to tell him he can't have 6 cookies per day. I know I use healthy ingredients but that is still a lot of extra calories. I also felt good knowing we had our curbside grocery pickup scheduled for today. My heart just sank when K got home and told me they were out of flour and yeast. They substituted bread machine yeast for the quick yeast. I am going to see if I can make a sour dour starter with bread machine yeast. I have enough flour for a while but not enough to make a big batch. I want to save my flour for other healthy baking.

I am going to pop a couple of pain killers and then try to clean up the junk room and set up my sewing machine. I haven't sewn in a number of years and I pray that one of the 3 sewing machines (don't ask :roll: ) in this house still works. My plan is to start sewing face masks. Now that Dr. Tam (Canada's Chief Public Health Officer) is saying masks are good is certain situations K is willing to wear one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heloooo NIRDIs!
I seem to only have the energy for weekend check-ins :confused2: I hope Greg’s kidney stone passed and that’s all you’ll here from it @missy. @Mamabean, your garden and gazebo are soooo lovely! Sending hugs and love to allllll of you. I can’t remember much more from the tiger posts I just read so please forgive the lack of individual comments.

I still haven’t been seen or even scheduled by the epilepsy docs which is a worry since I’m having daily neurological stuff. I am now being sent to a hematologist (Tuesday) because apparently my white blood count has been high since December (13k-28k...everything but basinophils are quite out if range). Gah!

On a brighter note, my kitchen spruce up is continuing. I’m trying to do a little facelift rather than a full Re-do. Our new tile backsplash went up yesterday, grouting today. I’m quite taken with the tile...it is a variegated jade green glass with an iridescent sheen like mermaid scales and it makes me smile! My plan is to paint our island and the seating nook we’re building a deep blue/green color to complement the backsplash. My daughter is trying to convince me to paint all the cabinets (not necessarily blue, lol) but I kind of like the natural wood. What do you think? Walls will be repainted a much lighter color ...something off white likely.

And I managed to groom my Watson yesterday. He wouldn’t let me finish his face or paws (hence the crusty mustache and ratty paws, lol) but he looks worlds better!

DF8C7930-74A8-4704-A519-09C2DAFC8C55.jpeg 708B24AF-5807-43DB-B177-F2051D2A5B2E.jpeg 994A0D22-E973-488F-80F8-4A6DA8766F85.jpeg

Watson is a handsome baby. :love:
I love your new kitchen backslash @Keeliamira !
I happen to have a soft spot for blue kitchen cabinets so I am not one to ask because I vote blue. LOL.

I am so sorry you are dealing with daily neurological symptoms and am continuing to send you lots of healing dust. It is a surreal time in which we are living right now and I am praying we all get through this and then it will be much easier to address all medical issues. Hugs and well wishes to you @Keeliamira

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it can be dangerous as it is a large stone (of a few stones that he still has unfortunately) and it can do internal damage...that's why masking the pain is only a very short term measure if we can even mask the pain because in December nothing was touching the pain but the strongest IV pain meds that you can only get in the hospital. I am holding my breath we can get through this intact and without having to head to the ER. But tomorrow I am fairly certain the urologist will have to plan some action and that means hospitalization to remove the stones...the lithotripsy machine might not be available (only available once per month at his hospital) and I doubt we can wait so that just leaves surgical removal. And then I have a big problem with the cats as we are in NY and his urology surgeon is in NJ. Under normal circumstances this would be difficult but manageable but during Covid 19 pandemic it feels almost impossible.

I don't see any way to avoiding a hospital stay right now and just hoping we can avoid the ER at least.
:pray:

How is your family doing Scandi?

I’m really sorry @missy, you really didn’t need (nor deserve) this and especially it right now!
We are pretty much the same, nothing much happening here at all. Just work, eat, sleep.
Hope to get internet at the summer house tomorrow, if so we will probably move down there for a while. Easier to avoid people there LOL. And a bigger garden, which is good to have these days.
Hugs coming your way! Hold your breath LOL <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey NIRDI's - i hope everyone is hanging in there as best as they can. I am loving the furbaby pics. I have 3 dogs but I was a cat person first. @Niffler75 - I was wondering the same thing as Scandi - where are her legs. At first glance I thought Oreo was buried in sand.

@missy - I am wondering the same as @Scandinavian, is this dangerous situation? Will it lead to a blockage if it goes untreated?

@Keeliamira - I hope you're able to get into see the specialists soon. I admire how you're able to keep yourself busy and focused when dealing with such issues.

I could tell for the last week there has been a sinus infection starting to brew. Last night I had a sneaky suspicion it had taken hold. After being awake a few hours today I knew it was time to start the antibiotics. I started them at lunch today. No point in waiting until I am flat on back and my face is so swollen that I can't open my eyes. I am learning not to wait until I am so sick that it takes longer to recover. I am very fortunate I have a family doctor that gives me antibiotics to have on hand because of my immune system disorder and trusts me to know when to take them.

I did some baking yesterday and felt totally relaxed. This is the only time I truly relax is when I am baking. As my best friend said, it the baking and not the eating that makes me happy. K likes the eating a little too much and I have to tell him he can't have 6 cookies per day. I know I use healthy ingredients but that is still a lot of extra calories. I also felt good knowing we had our curbside grocery pickup scheduled for today. My heart just sank when K got home and told me they were out of flour and yeast. They substituted bread machine yeast for the quick yeast. I am going to see if I can make a sour dour starter with bread machine yeast. I have enough flour for a while but not enough to make a big batch. I want to save my flour for other healthy baking.

I am going to pop a couple of pain killers and then try to clean up the junk room and set up my sewing machine. I haven't sewn in a number of years and I pray that one of the 3 sewing machines (don't ask :roll: ) in this house still works. My plan is to start sewing face masks. Now that Dr. Tam (Canada's Chief Public Health Officer) is saying masks are good is certain situations K is willing to wear one.

Hello @Poodles4me it could be dangerous. I wrote in the post above. That's what makes this that much more stressful. As if the last 12 months haven't been stress filled to the max already. Oh well such is life. I am sorry you have a sinus infection and know that is very painful. I am relieved your doctor is wiling to work with you and help you prevent it from getting serious.

It's great baking calms you. Eating calms me haha so we would make a good pair. I would eat everything you baked. :lol: I don't think your family would appreciate that though so I will try to keep it under control.8)

Yay for getting your delivery today. That is a weight off your shoulders not to have to worry about getting food and other supplies. Flour seems to be in short supply everywhere. I guess lots of people are baking these days. Hoping you get all the flour you need/want. And I hope one of your sewing machines are working well so you can make the face masks you need. Glad K is willing to wear one.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and healing dust that your sinus infection goes away fast. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m really sorry @missy, you really didn’t need (nor deserve) this and especially it right now!
We are pretty much the same, nothing much happening here at all. Just work, eat, sleep.
Hope to get internet at the summer house tomorrow, if so we will probably move down there for a while. Easier to avoid people there LOL. And a bigger garden, which is good to have these days.
Hugs coming your way! Hold your breath LOL <3

That sounds like a good plan. Greg wants to head to the beach house later this month just to be able to walk around without so many people on the streets. And we have a nice yard there too so it would be nice to get away. But I do feel more comfortable here should we need medical help. All except for kidney stones which is in NJ where Greg's urologist is. LOL everything is backwards right now.

Hope your internet works well there and that you enjoy being there. Stay well and eating and sleeping and working all sounds very very good. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went for a short walk just to get some fresh air.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.10.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.10.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.12.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.12.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.13.58 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results