color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate you are so right about how different our DH think and act compared too what we do. I certainly blew up at Marty a few times over the years and once I calmed down I always found I was "assuming" he knew what was wrong, or what I wanted, etc. I've also learned if he is being quiet don't keep asking him what's wrong. And yes it's best to keep on with your life. You are spot on that it helps to learn how to think like a guy, Marty tends to leave emotions out of problems but I certainly don't find that easy. I tried to find a joke I saw recently about a wife stewing because her husband is being quiet. All sorts of bad things are running through her mind like he's mad at her, he doesn't love her anymore, something is horribly wrong. Then it switches to the guys thoughts and he's wondering what time he should make a tee time for tomorrow and if he should mow the lawn before golf or afterwards.
Have fun catching up with your bestie.
As for upgrades I have many in mind. Upgrade my ACA studs and put them in dangles, upgrade my EC ruby or put it in a different ring, upgrade my blue sapphire and ring, get a different ering, get a bangle bracelet, have my EC RHR put in a 3 stone EC ring, get a 5 stone ruby and diamond band, get an oval diamond RHR, get a pad color sapphire ring. Sorry you asked, eh?

@AV_ my article can be about anything astronomy. I start with a paragraph or two with general highlights of the stars and constellations that month. This month I focused on the Perseus Double Cluster, for February I wrote about the Belt Stars of Orion. Suggestions are welcome for March (or any time.)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear lovely NIRDI ladies
please anyone who is sick or in pain i wish you releaf
ive been MIA so ive missed a fear few days
Missy i hope Greg is only now having healing pain
Its been hot and horrible here
We are not running the air con to avoid a big power bill so I'm trying to find a draft without all the doors and windows blowing shut
Cats are hot
They are all so cute and trusting when i water the garden they follow me around
Here is the little kitten keeping cool while im trying to hang out the washing
i found some jobs to apply for so hopefully i get something soon and something good too would be nicer

Attachments

• 20200126_180034.jpg
    20200126_180034.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, happy Big and small dog Sunday!

@missy My bestie and her husband travel constantly, her daughter lives in California with the 2 grands, daughter going thru divorce from very very rich guy (dunno why), son lives in Dallas, husband goes all over the world all the time solving big Blue problems with high end clients, he's a great guy, so basically they are home maybe for a week a month.. Not sure how's she coping, she got home last night, we are all meeting for brunch again at our favorite place El Dorado tomorrow - Mike, Cara and Autie too! so I will hear what she's been doing, sometimes we go over to their house after brunch so I'll hear about the fridge, it's not really loud but annoying, weather here has been nice and will still be nice till they leave Monday so they have an outdoor living area with a tv etc so they may spend time outside by the pool, the Atown thing to do. How's Greg? How's that little minx Ollie? how's our Missy? Brooklyn weather looks good for this week. Greg is one week down almost and I hope this week brings him less pain. Mike and Autie spent the day here so Cara could have some 'me' time.. Mike is a great husband I am very proud of him and also we watch Autie too, so I get my baby with his baby! wish my other baby lived here but he wants Europe next who knows figuring Chris out has been a challenge for me always. Missing you Missy the Marvelous, looking forward to meeting up this year for sure.. give my love to Greg and the furbabies.. ! xoxoxoxo

Dear Great Kate the wise and wonderful! Have a wonderful visit with your best friend and family. Sounds like so much fun! And I hope she gets that fridge fixed easily whenever the repair people can get there. I wrote this in the college loan thread and it is true. I value workmen as much as doctors. We need them as much or more and it is critical they know how to do their job properly. I am glad the weather has been nice by you. Greg is doing OK thanks for asking. Oliver continues to be the bane of my existence. Woke me with a loud crash at 4AM and that was it for me for sleeping. I went down and did 3 loads of laundry at 4AM and am finished now so that is something. And in between I posted in the loan thread lol. Not sure if anything I wrote made sense as I was running up and down doing laundry wash and dry and folding and it was also super early and I am on very little sleep. Hopefully nothing I wrote offends anyone.

Miss you too Dear and Great Kate. Cannot wait to get together again and hugs to you and John and all your family from me and Greg and all the furry babies too. Love you girlie! (((HUGS))).

@missy I am sure you feel lots of stress and pressure and hate to hear you have issues you are pushing aside for now but I know Greg has all of your focus right now. Hugs to both of you, just face things one at a time, right? I hope Greg’s visit with the nurse goes well today. That is too bad someone can’t come until Monday to look at your subzero; hopefully it’s an easy fix and they have the part(s) with them. I am glad M went with you on your long walk and to pick up Fred’s ashes; nice to have a good friend with you for that. The staff at your place definitely can’t be beat; that is awesome. What a relief to know you can count on them. Darn they don’t have cat obedience schools you could send Oliver too. I hate to hear Tommy is losing weight. The jewelry sale is a locally owned store that has rather nice jewelry, watches, silver and crystal. I just wanted to look for a deal on something I couldn’t live without. I do like the multi color sapphire ring but doubt I’ll get it. They always have a big sale around the time of the super bowl. I enjoyed all of your pictures; you have given many sweet kitties a wonderful live.

Thank you sweet Marcy. That ring is just so pretty. I hear you though on getting it. If it is meant to be but if not there will be more bling in your future. Of that I am confident. Thanks for all your lovely words and compliments. Haha re that photo with Marty and the furries. LOL. You always make me laugh Marcy and that is a good quality for sure. Thank you!
Continued good thoughts for Marty and his job may he keep it for as long as he wants to and lots of good wishes and hugs to you dear Marcy. I wish for you all that you wish for yourself. XOXO.

@missy I cannot get your words ('bussy with nothing') of my mind: writing is so like nothing & it still needs time, so there is little else to talk about. It rained here too, just as well - I'll have my break when the rains break next week. Fingers crossed for that knee pulling itself together!

ps. You look so happy in the Buster photo, it could be a portrait of the kind there were never more than a couple or only one.

Aww thank you @AV_ yes I was happy in that photo. What was not to be happy about? I was in my twenties and life was good. I had my own apartment and I had amazing friends and a great boyfriend and my 3 furry babies. Yup, life was sweet. And it is still sweet. Just more hectic and stressful and up and down. But that is life. I feel writing is everything and it engages one fully. I can only imagine the pleasure you get from writing and being fully immersed in your work. It's a wonderful thing. Thank you for all your continued good wishes. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are enjoying a good weekend and continue to feel better and better. Big hugs my sweet friend.XOXO.

@Scandinavian how are you doing sweet girl? How's your mom faring? Is Grandmother eating I hope. Hugs to you and the furry babies and all your family.

@bling_dream19 marriage is a work in progress especially in the beginning. A learning curve of sorts. When Greg and I first were married and moved in together we had some rocky times. Just learning to live with one another. Little things that drove me (and probably him too) crazy. But we worked it out and we are so happy together. Just remember one bad argument or disagreement or rocky time does not make a relationship. And all good relationships take work. Nothing worthwhile is super easy. Nothing. Hugs to you my sweet friend.

@Mamabean how is your hotel fun weekend going? Hoping it is relaxing and rejuvenating at the same time and everyone is enjoying themselves. Hugs to you dear girl.

Dear lovely NIRDI ladies
please anyone who is sick or in pain i wish you releaf
ive been MIA so ive missed a fear few days
Missy i hope Greg is only now having healing pain
Its been hot and horrible here
We are not running the air con to avoid a big power bill so I'm trying to find a draft without all the doors and windows blowing shut
Cats are hot
They are all so cute and trusting when i water the garden they follow me around
Here is the little kitten keeping cool while im trying to hang out the washing
i found some jobs to apply for so hopefully i get something soon and something good too would be nicer

Dear @Daisys and Diamonds Ugh I am sorry you and the kitties are hot and cannot run the AC. Hope the weather cools off for you soon. Exciting that you have some promising job options and I hope you get something great soon. Greg is doing OK thanks for asking. A work in progress. Stay cool and comfortable and good luck dear Daisy! Sending you bucketloads of job dust! Love that photo. Beautiful. Hugs.

@junebug17 hope you are settling in from your trip and are comfortable and enjoying a nice end of the weekend. XO

@Jimmianne girl hope you are having a lovely weekend and all is going smoothly. Would love to see your entire Sepkus collection in a photo if you are so inclined. Hugs.

So yesterday the VN came and removed Greg's bandage and it looks good. I visited with my friend M for a few hours afterwards and it was a nice break. Today Greg wants to go outside and take a very short walk so since the weather is nicer today we will probably do that. Exciting life we have hahaha.

Warning...gruesome photo ahead...please skip if squeamish.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 7.54.43 AM.png

Everyone enjoy a lovely big and small dog Sunday. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! I didn’t sleep well either @missy..David snores like he’s cutting wood..OMG
I‘m not squeamish so I was looking at the incision closely..Are those lines really markings so when the surgeon closes the wound the incision is straight? It looks swollen but not bad at all. How is his pain level? I hope it’s decreasing day by day..I’m excited he’s up for a walk! Happy!
I wasn’t able to fully read everything..but did read you have some medical problems....Did you make an appointment? I know you want to wait until Greg is healed but in a few weeks he will be much better able to fend for himself so you can visit the doctor. I can’t help but worry you keep putting yourself last..We tend to do that..but you have had so much going on that you’ll never get in to see the doctor unless you fit yourself in there somewhere..Sorry if I’m overstepping...I just care that you get checked....xxxooo
@bling_dream19 I’m echoing what Missy said..It’s a huge adjustment living together with someone when you first get married. I’m happily married a long time but my husband drives me crazy. I know I drive him crazy too..No relationship is perfect but as long as you love each other everything can be worked out. I need my space too. When I retreat to the living room by myself..my husband knows I need some quiet time..lol It will be a BIG adjustment for me when he retires...I’ve already talked to him about it...
@Tekate How exciting you will break ground soon! I’m sorry but I forgot where you said all your furniture is. I think you have some with you but are you storing the rest?
Are you enjoying your new band? Your diamonds are bigger than the band I have from Blue Nile. Yours is a very sparkly..blingy band! I love it.
How long did it take Whiteflash to set Ever and ship it to you? My setting will be temporary but it said it takes three weeks to make. It’s a standard setting in 14k white gold.. but they must make them up as ordered. I’m also getting an appraisal done so when I get it I can insure it. I‘m getting anxious...My children will think I have lost my mind getting another engagement ring...I’m more worried about what my daughter-in-law will think..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! I didn’t sleep well either @missy..David snores like he’s cutting wood..OMG
I‘m not squeamish so I was looking at the incision closely..Are those lines really markings so when the surgeon closes the wound the incision is straight? It looks swollen but not bad at all. How is his pain level? I hope it’s decreasing day by day..I’m excited he’s up for a walk! Happy!
I wasn’t able to fully read everything..but did read you have some medical problems....Did you make an appointment? I know you want to wait until Greg is healed but in a few weeks he will be much better able to fend for himself so you can visit the doctor. I can’t help but worry you keep putting yourself last..We tend to do that..but you have had so much going on that you’ll never get in to see the doctor unless you fit yourself in there somewhere..Sorry if I’m overstepping...I just care that you get checked....xxxooo

Aww sweet Joanne! I am sorry you didn't sleep well either :( When we don't get enough sleep we don't function fully or as well. Greg's pain level varies. From a 0-4 at rest and during exercise it can go to a 10 but the average during exercise is 5 or 6. Not bad. He isn't taking his Oxy much at all now thank goodness.

Yes he has markings on the leg that don't wash off right now. It is also covered with glue holding the incision together. It's a lot of stuff on that incision.

I appreciate your concern about me I really do. I just cannot handle so much at once so am putting it off for now. I am so tired of my medical issues and truthfully it seems little can be done so why rush to the doctor? My Alk Phosphatase is still high and getting higher and that means nothing good. And I have new bumps on my fingers. I hope it is just OA but it could be RA or something even worse and maybe related to my Alk Phosphatase. Who knows. One day and one thing (if possible) at a time.

Thank you so much for caring. XOXOXO.

How are you doing? How is David doing? How is your mom? And how is your kind and generous DH doing? Hugs to you, the furry sweet baby and the rest of your family.

And please don't worry about your DIL and what she will think. She loves you. And remember what other people think is none of our business. Hahaha. Truth.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Sunday.

I’m waiting for Shirley to come online to talk, but she’s not here yet.

I hope you’re having a great time @Mamabean, and I look forward to hearing all about it.

I love that RS ring @marcy, but it it’s not tugging your heartstrings........... Sounds like you’ve got plenty of things you’d rather spend the money on :lol:

I hope your Mum & Grandmother are doing better @Scandanavian, I know it’s got to be so hard for you seeing your loved ones suffering, not to mention the toll it must be having on you. Don’t forget to take care of yourself too.

Hope you’re having a good weekend with your friends and family @Tekate.
I just love your new eternity, it looks fantastic with Ever.

@missy, I think Greg’s leg is looking really good considering he’s just over a week post-op. I’m really glad to hear that he’s not dependant on the strong pain meds and that he’s coping so well. I hope you enjoyed your walk, I’m sure you were both glad to get out and about, if only for a little while.

Sorry this is just a quick hi and bye, but I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend. :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate The band you bought is the kind I like best; I keep saying as much around here.

@marcy ... the most I've heard about any astronomy are odd bits of its history, eg. some of the haggle over methods in the 1700s, or the tradition of usage of the Ptolemaic constellations before that time; these things just come up on the side sometimes, the most obscure footnotes no one remembers [not the good ideas, but where they come from].

@AV_ yes I was happy in that photo. What was not to be happy about? I was in my twenties and life was good. I had my own apartment and I had amazing friends and a great boyfriend and my 3 furry babies. Yup, life was sweet.

Greg must have had the right argument ,) What was it? [asking for a friend]

I feel writing is everything and it engages one fully. It's a wonderful thing.

It is trying to drawn me like that, if I let it, there be poetry about nothing ,( I've heard it can be cured by immagining a reader, but this doesn't work for me [it feels wrong - a lie or an insult, immagining parties, distracts from being one to another; one way to put It]. Writing letters works, and when there is enough in there for third parties, it is easier to call all in & talk [rare enough] preferably in person [the voice conveying things punish talking over someone else too much ,) - one ends up giving a talk ,( ]

You like to write!

Today Greg wants to go outside and take a very short walk so since the weather is nicer today we will probably do that. Exciting life we have hahaha.

Hero! [shudder] Is it OK?

_

end of day

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Daisys and Diamonds I am sorry it’s so hot there; the kitty trying to stay cool is very cute. I hope you find a cool breeze. Sending you mega dust to find a great job and one you totally enjoy.

@missy what a rude awakening for you this morning and I’m tired just reading about all the laundry you did this morning. What did Oliver knock over? How are you doing? How is Greg? I like that ring okay but I would not wear it a lot; I prefer to buy from WF where I can upgrade stones or that place in Denver where I can upgrade everything. I’d buy a piece that I truly love from anywhere but not just something I like. I am glad I provide some comic relief; I am easily amused. Thank you for the job well wishes. Greg’s knee looks like it’s healing well. How nice that he wants to go out for a short walk. Progress, eh? I am glad his pain has improved. I am glad you spent some time with M again.

@Mamabean I am sorry you and @missy didn’t sleep well. I kept waking up but eventually went back to sleep. I am anxious for your gorgeous ACA ring too. I can’t wait to see it. I dug my heart ring out today.

@Austina I hope your talk with Shirley went well today. Yes, I’ve always got a nice long list of sparkly things I want. Is Colin feeling better?

@AV_ the history of constellations and astronomy are interesting but I don’t think I’d write an article for the paper on it. I’d rather write than talk to someone - generally anyway.

@Canuck-gal I saw some place in Canada had over 12 feet of snow. I hope that’s not near you.

I lifted this morning, my sister stopped by to visit and we went shopping at Sam’s Club after lunch. Other than that I plan on being lazy. I have the newsletter for February mostly done. Sweet.

Take care!
Marcy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon all lovelly NIRDI ladies
Missy, Greg's leg knee looks good
my dear late father in law had both done in his late 70s and he was back on the golf course in no time
- however he always had troubled going through security at the airport
kind sweet gentle old Irish men must be on the flag list :confused:

Anyway i hope the pain is getting less each day and he can sleep ok
i hope you are ok too, despite having a sore knee im sure Greg is always there for you to lean on
now i must find out what my dear little Ollie has been up to

im of course procrastinating
i got my laptop out of the drawer for the first time in 18 months and can't remenber how it plugs in
I did however get the table assembled no trouble despite very bad instructions so im quite proud of that 1580085463432134817852.jpg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lovely people, feel like I have been AWOL over the weekend. Honestly feeling totally wiped out. I think it is the ongoing struggle getting correct support for my son and trying to get professionals in different departments to communicate with each other. :x2

@missy Greg looks like his healing well. No gross alert here being a nurse!
@Mamabean I hope you had a lovely weekend away!
@Scandinavian How's things? My thoughts are with you.
@Daisys and Diamonds ugh I hate being hot. I am still getting to know people. Where are you in the world?

I met with a lovely lady on Saturday, a jeweller and silversmith. We spent ages talking coloured stones and she is making me a ring with my spessartite and mali garnets. I will share the results when completed, but super excited as she is going to work with my designs! :mrgreen2:
Take care everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, happy Monday. I hope it is happy for all.

@missy what a rude awakening for you this morning and I’m tired just reading about all the laundry you did this morning. What did Oliver knock over? How are you doing? How is Greg? I like that ring okay but I would not wear it a lot; I prefer to buy from WF where I can upgrade stones or that place in Denver where I can upgrade everything. I’d buy a piece that I truly love from anywhere but not just something I like. I am glad I provide some comic relief; I am easily amused. Thank you for the job well wishes. Greg’s knee looks like it’s healing well. How nice that he wants to go out for a short walk. Progress, eh? I am glad his pain has improved. I am glad you spent some time with M again.

Oliver knocked over the remote for the ceiling light and fan and it broke but Greg patched it together thank goodness. Greg is doing OK thanks for asking Marcy. I see what you mean re the ring and yes it wasn't a worthy buy for you. I also am easily amused. But I am also quick to tears. I am a mess of emotions especially this past year. Not fun being me most of the time these past 10 months. I am enjoying spending time with M especially because she is going away again Feb 28th for a number of weeks to Arizona. So I will miss her again. How was the rest of your Sunday? Did you get to lift? Hope your Monday is a good day Marcy. XO.

Greg must have had the right argument ,) What was it? [asking for a friend]

Haha the best argument of all. He couldn't live without me and turns out, neither could I. Live without him. Just wasn't completely sure at the time. Sometimes I am a slow learner. ::)

It is trying to drawn me like that, if I let it, there be poetry about nothing ,( I've heard it can be cured by immagining a reader, but this doesn't work for me [it feels wrong - a lie or an insult, immagining parties, distracts from being one to another; one way to put It]. Writing letters works, and when there is enough in there for third parties, it is easier to call all in & talk [rare enough] preferably in person [the voice conveying things punish talking over someone else too much ,) - one ends up giving a talk ,( ]

You like to write!

Oh but you are the professional dear @AV_ and for me it is more sharing my stream of consciousness. No formal writing ability whatsoever. I write like I speak. Fast and occasionally (or more than occasionally lol) chaotically. I enjoy reading everything you share here and can only imagine what a treat it is to read what you write professionally as well.

Hero! [shudder] Is it OK?

It is. We only went one block and then back. He did fine. Despite the very cracked and uneven sidewalks we have all around us. He made it in one piece haha. Thank goodness. I need a bit of calm and peace around here for at least a short while and hopefully a longer while than that. Life has been too exciting for me in not the best way. Hugs to you dear AV.

Missy, Greg's leg knee looks good
my dear late father in law had both done in his late 70s and he was back on the golf course in no time
- however he always had troubled going through security at the airport
kind sweet gentle old Irish men must be on the flag list :confused:

Anyway i hope the pain is getting less each day and he can sleep ok
i hope you are ok too, despite having a sore knee im sure Greg is always there for you to lean on
now i must find out what my dear little Ollie has been up to

Thank you dear @Daisys and Diamonds Greg is doing OK. Sleeping fine too. His knee is very stiff but hopefully in good time it will become less and less stiff. I am glad your father in law recovered so well from his knee surgery and sorry he is now gone. I am doing OK thank you and Ollie is driving me nuts so all is as per usual here in our household. Oh except atm we are waiting for the Subzero repairman who called at 7AM (when we were expecting him at 9AM) to say he was almost here. Oh OK doorman rang. He is here. BRB.
OK he is working on it now. Fingers crossed. XO.

@missy, I think Greg’s leg is looking really good considering he’s just over a week post-op. I’m really glad to hear that he’s not dependant on the strong pain meds and that he’s coping so well. I hope you enjoyed your walk, I’m sure you were both glad to get out and about, if only for a little while.

Hello @Austina how is Colin feeling? How did your chat with Shirley go?
How are you feeling? Wishing Adam loads of luck with his application process. May it go smoothly and efficiently. XO

@Tekate Great Kate how are you and how was the weekend for you? Are you loving your gorgeous new blingy WF band? I think it is amazbling and beautiful with Ever. Is it comfortable too? Hope everyone is feeling well and that progress was made with the house. Hugs.

@Mamabean can you share more about the weekend now? How was the hotel? Hope you had a lovely time. Hugs.

@Jimmianne hope your eyes feel balanced soon and sending you big hugs. I know all will work out. And I also know we will get together again in the not too far future. I am looking forward to that day. XO.

@Niffler75 Haha yes I know you are a professional. Truth be told that is why I went into my field. I pass out at the sight of blood (not all the time but some of the time) so I had to rule out all careers that involved blood. My hat is off to you because your career is one of the most challenging and also one of the most noble. And we need more wonderful people going into those fields.

I think it is the ongoing struggle getting correct support for my son and trying to get professionals in different departments to communicate with each other. :x2

Ugh I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction and within a reasonable time frame. I am so sorry. It is an exercise in frustration I get that. Sending you lots of good vibes. And gentle hugs.

I met with a lovely lady on Saturday, a jeweller and silversmith. We spent ages talking coloured stones and she is making me a ring with my spessartite and mali garnets. I will share the results when completed, but super excited as she is going to work with my designs! :mrgreen2:
Take care everyone!

How exciting! I cannot wait to see the finished results. I think the ring is going to be amazing. :love:
XO

@canuk-gal hope you had a lovely weekend. And enjoyed nice weather too. XO

So our Sunday went well. We took a short walk together and then I dropped Greg back home and went out for a longer stroll as the weather was awesome. And I stopped by the new Warby Parker (less than a mile from our home oh that is dangerous) that just opened this past Saturday. And I almost got new sunglasses lol. The frame I love though sits on my cheeks too much so I decided no. But I love them.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.12.55 AM.png

And then I went back home and Greg and I hung out and then before we knew it the day was over. Goes too fast. Right this moment the Subzero guy is here trying to diagnose what is wrong with our freezer/fridge. Fingers crossed he can figure it out and fix it. I am a bit nervous but what can I do but hope the professionals can fix it.

Also waiting for the PT guy to be here in a short while. That's it for the excitement around here. Hope everyone has a great day.

Leaving you with a photo I took yesterday of Bubbalah.

bubbalahinthebedroomcloseup.png

Have a bubbalahlicious day all. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having fun with my new iPhone camera.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.22.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.23.13 AM.png

No photo editing done. I think Sir Tommy looks quite handsome. :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I have to take my shower now because ups is delivering my plastic model of the setting for Ashlee...I have to sign for it..arg..
Here are some pics I took when I was there this weekend. See if you know where I was! I’ll tell you when I’m done..haha
9EF89BD3-988A-43F3-95E4-AF1604194D25.jpeg 3B72902C-CAB5-464F-95ED-063FEBBAF7D1.jpeg FB825527-15F9-4C56-8C77-4A87154A2AC6.jpeg 6AB02E64-F25D-43E8-8AD2-644A777E9611.jpeg 2178B484-CE31-4A41-B7B5-234E00DF3F74.jpeg 661DD80F-47F4-48E7-8517-C40ABE337E97.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I have to take my shower now because ups is delivering my plastic model of the setting for Ashlee...I have to sign for it..arg..
Here are some pics I took when I was there this weekend. See if you know where I was! I’ll tell you when I’m done..haha
9EF89BD3-988A-43F3-95E4-AF1604194D25.jpeg 3B72902C-CAB5-464F-95ED-063FEBBAF7D1.jpeg FB825527-15F9-4C56-8C77-4A87154A2AC6.jpeg 6AB02E64-F25D-43E8-8AD2-644A777E9611.jpeg 2178B484-CE31-4A41-B7B5-234E00DF3F74.jpeg 661DD80F-47F4-48E7-8517-C40ABE337E97.jpeg

GM Joanne! Were you visiting Ocean City Maryland?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos looking good, ladies!
A winter beach adventure!
Missy, you definitely have the iPhone camera expertise going on.
Greg’s incision looks healthy! But wow that’s a long line of sutures.

Marcy, how about « diamonds in the sky » as an article? Do diamonds come from other planets to us? There was a meteorite program on NPR yesterday.
Fascinating!
One summer my DD and I saw two land in our field...a flash of green each time, a day apart. Of course we never found them, but it was exciting.

Kate, your new band is glamorous and beautiful :kiss2:

Hi to everyone XX

I will post a Sepkus group shot when the « final » ring arrives on Thursday. I hope I can calm down and not buy any more. And plase don’t suggest a bling 12 step group, as step cuts are one of my favorite obsessions. Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 how are you feeling today? Hope school goes well and it's an easy day for you. XO.

@Scandinavian how's your mom doing? Hope the weekend went as well as possible. Hugs.

I will post a Sepkus group shot when the « final » ring arrives on Thursday. I hope I can calm down and not buy any more. And plase don’t suggest a bling 12 step group, as step cuts are one of my favorite obsessions. Lol

Oh yes please @Jimmianne ! Looking forward to the group shot.

Missy, you definitely have the iPhone camera expertise going on.
Greg’s incision looks healthy! But wow that’s a long line of sutures.

Yeah a long line. The PT just left and Greg is doing very well. He has now graduated to a cane and no more walker except for exercises woohoo.

Here is a photo of us yesterday coming back after our walk with him using the walker. No more walker now.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.44.54 AM.png

OK so Subzero guy left and now the fridge is going down in the wrong direction! OY. And it cost $400 for making it worse? No no no. I cannot get in touch with him. I cannot believe this. The fridge was OK and it was the freezer. Now the fridge is getting way too cold. I am concerned. Called them but he is on another job so the company couldn't get in touch with him.

On a better note PT went very well as I wrote above. Took a photo.

gregdoingPT.png

OK that's it for me from now. Please send fridge/freezer dust to us. Thanks girls.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Go Greg! :appl:He is doing fantastic! If it were my husband I would have pimped his Walker. Decorated it pink, hung a toilet roll off it. Oh my poor husband and what he has to live with! :twisted:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM Joanne! Were you visiting Ocean City Maryland?

@missy I tried to give a clue with a Dolles Taffy..but realized later they’re also in Ocean City, Maryland. I was in Rehoboth, Delaware...I have two friends that live there full time now. The water was just as beautiful in the winter. I usually stay at the Bellmoor. It’s a much nicer hotel at that beach and cheap during the off season...I think it runs around 250+ in the summer. It only has an outdoor pool so we had to go to a Fairfield by Marriott that was right next to the cemetery..lol I was so pleasantly surprised at how clean and updated it was. The bed was super comfortable too.. It was $100 a night which would normally make me pass but it was the only one that got great reviews. It was David's present...which meant an indoor pool. It was right across from outlets which we didn’t get to do though. All in all it was a great trip. Now David is upset he has to go to work because he had a great time..:roll2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Slick1 how are you feeling today? Hope school goes well and it's an easy day for you. XO.

@Scandinavian how's your mom doing? Hope the weekend went as well as possible. Hugs.

Oh yes please @Jimmianne ! Looking forward to the group shot.

Yeah a long line. The PT just left and Greg is doing very well. He has now graduated to a cane and no more walker except for exercises woohoo.

Here is a photo of us yesterday coming back after our walk with him using the walker. No more walker now.

OK so Subzero guy left and now the fridge is going down in the wrong direction! OY. And it cost $400 for making it worse? No no no. I cannot get in touch with him. I cannot believe this. The fridge was OK and it was the freezer. Now the fridge is getting way too cold. I am concerned. Called them but he is on another job so the company couldn't get in touch with him.

On a better note PT went very well as I wrote above. Took a photo.

gregdoingPT.png

OK that's it for me from now. Please send fridge/freezer dust to us. Thanks girls.
Go Greg! He looks like he’s in the scene from Rocky! He is doing amazingly well!
I’m sending fridge/freezer dust to you! What a nightmare! TG you had the foresight to buy the other fridge.
I have a Sub Zero is Pa...I’m crossing my fingers nothing happens to it while we’re here because it’s built into the cabinetry..
Poor Tommy looks like he’s being hounded by the paparazzi!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go Greg! He looks like he’s in the scene from Rocky! He is doing amazingly well!
I’m sending fridge/freezer dust to you! What a nightmare! TG you had the foresight to buy the other fridge.
I have a Sub Zero is Pa...I’m crossing my fingers nothin happens to it while we’re here because it’s built into the cabinetry..
Poor Tommy looks like he’s being hounded by the paparazzi!

Thanks Joanne. Yes it’s built into our cabinetry too. The fridge temp is now going lower. It is a nightmare of sorts. I called Subzero and they confirmed that’s not right. They told me to shut it off at the circuit breaker so I did. Now waiting to see what happens. I just saged the house again. Lol. I’m stupidstitious. What can I say. :oops: But cmon already. The new fridge fits like 1/5 the stuff from the Subzero but it’s better than nothing.

@missy Go Greg! :appl:He is doing fantastic! If it were my husband I would have pimped his Walker. Decorated it pink, hung a toilet roll off it. Oh my poor husband and what he has to live with! :twisted:

Haha thank you @Niffler75. Yeah. Greg wouldn’t let me ever do that. He can be very difficult lol. In fact yesterday he barely let me take that one photo of us at the elevator. Men.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you really sage the house @missy? Haha..Did you know I watch those shows on tv where people see spirits in the houses? I’m fascinated by hauntings...I had two experiences when I was younger...:shifty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you really sage the house @missy? Haha..Did you know I watch those shows on tv where people see spirits in the houses? I’m fascinated by hauntings...I had two experiences when I was younger...:shifty:

I love scary real life haunting stories. I’ve never (thank goodness) experienced that but believe things like that exist. Yes I did sage the house. I did it this weekend too but thought we could use the extra measure. Fingers crossed.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well, I waited and waited, and Shirley didn’t show up. Well, she did about 2 1/2 hrs late! Never mind, I emailed her today with our week’s events. The baby has arrived, don’t know when, or any of the details. It’s very sad, because I know in normal circumstances, she’d have emailed right away with all the news and brimming with excitement.

Thanks for asking @marcy, Colin is ok, but you know what men are like when they’re ‘ill’ :lol: I know I don’t sound very sympathetic, but I had a lifetime of excruciating pain, had to get myself to hospital for operations on my own, because he was away or too busy working, so a cold is nothing to get worked up about.

Oy @missy, don’t you hate it when someone comes to ‘fix’ something and ends up screwing something else? :angryfire: I hope you can get them to come back and sort it out. Can’t believe how well Greg is doing in such a short space of time, and happy to hear the PT went well yesterday and he doesn’t need the walker anymore. Tommy is looking so shiny and in good condition, how’s he doing now? I’m glad you’re able to get out with M while she’s there, especially as you’re having good weather. It’s been pouring down here today.

Sounds like you got a good deal for your weekend away @Mamabean, poor David, I’m not surprised he doesn’t want to go back to work. I must admit, I’d hate to have to go to work now, getting used to retirement is sooooo easy.

I’m sorry you’re having a frustrating time getting things sorted out for your son @Niffler75 I hope you can get it sorted out without tearing your hair out. Sounds like an exciting meeting to discuss setting your stones, and woohoo to finding someone to do it.

Can’t wait to see your Sepkus family @Jimmianne, if you buy anymore, you’ll have to grow some more fingers :mrgreen:

I so rarely use my MacBook these days @Daisys and Diamonds, I can’t even remember the password :lol: Well done on assembling the table, I’m afraid I’m guilty of not reading the instructions, and generally try and figure it out myself.

What have all the other lovely NIRDIs been up to this weekend? I spent yesterday cleaning and ironing, then I tried to get the indoor cameras working. When we changed the router on Wednesday, the cameras were offline. I couldn’t find how to enter the new router password, and the app wasn’t a lot of help. I eventually managed to figure it out and get them working again, so I was really pleased with myself :lol-2:

We didn‘t go to the gym today as we‘d arranged to meet our friends at the driving range. We were amazed we were still able to hit the balls, albeit badly, as we haven’t touched our clubs for 17 years :shock: We had lunch afterwards and chatted, then waited for a break in the rain before running out to the cars to come home.

:wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina :wavey:Hi lovely! Well the frustration continues here getting support in place for my son with an email thread that I am sure has given me a few more grey hairs! :wall: For pity's sake, can professionals just communicate with each other.
I am very excited about working with my lovely local jeweller. She has been working for over 15 years from a little studio in her back garden. She showed me some examples of her work including a gorgeous engagement ring that was going to a very lucky lady in Sweden. :shhh:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s sounds like you’re dealing with a lot of ‘jobsworth’ @Niffler75, pretty typical when dealing with different departments, no integration, no thought to how frustrating and time consuming it is for those trying to get answers. Can wait to see what designs you come up with.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi lovely people, feel like I have been AWOL over the weekend. Honestly feeling totally wiped out. I think it is the ongoing struggle getting correct support for my son and trying to get professionals in different departments to communicate with each other. :x2

@Mamabean I hope you had a lovely weekend away!
@Scandinavian How's things? My thoughts are with you.
@Daisys and Diamonds ugh I hate being hot. I am still getting to know people. Where are you in the world?

Take care everyone!

Awsome !
although i have no idea what spessartires are so i can't wait to see it when its finished
We live in Wanganui on the west coast of the North Island of NZ
We moved here 2 years ago and its hard meeting people and making friends

The little grey kitten is inside having breakfast before we go to the SPCA
She didn't like what i served before so Tibby ate it
they get dry food at the SPCA so she's allowed to be fussy this last breakfast here with us
I don't know how im going to get her in the cage
last night she sat on my knee and purred as i sat on the front step but she nay have been laughing as my dress was in the water bowl
20200126_150347.jpg litrle

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love scary real life haunting stories. I’ve never (thank goodness) experienced that but believe things like that exist. Yes I did sage the house. I did it this weekend too but thought we could use the extra measure. Fingers crossed.

You are braver than me Missy
I finally watched this paranomal thing on Netflex i was too scared to watch when it was on tv because it was on late at night when its dark
i don't like things like that all and id never heard of saging a house till then
Im too much of a sissy to ask @Mamabean What happened

And good Greg but bad fridge freezer

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! :wavey:

@missy good for Greg! Hard to be housebound. Too bad about your appliance woes--just a drag.

@marcy that snowstorm you spoke of was across the country from me--thank goodness! But the army came in to help people dig out. Unbelievable.

I work the rest of the week--they called for today but I need a day off. lol Gorgeous weather 7C, so I took a long walk.

@Jimmianne can't wait to see your new ring!

@Mamabean your trip looked fun. Nice pictures!

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! :wavey:

@missy good for Greg! Hard to be housebound. Too bad about your appliance woes--just a drag.

@marcy that snowstorm you spoke of was across the country from me--thank goodness! But the army came in to help people dig out. Unbelievable.

I work the rest of the week--they called for today but I need a day off. lol Gorgeous weather 7C, so I took a long walk.

@Jimmianne can't wait to see your new ring!

@Mamabean your trip looked fun. Nice pictures!

cheers--Sharon

Me neither! Cheers, Sharon enjoy your « balmy beach walks »!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results