shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are doing a good job! Keep it up and hopefully the pain will start going down today or tomorrow. And to your amusement re my north: No oxy allowed when going home from the hospital. So years ago (as I wanted to go home after the first night) after they put 12 bolts through my leg, I had the same fun as you when you started the NIRDIs. Point being: after a few days it will get better! So fingers crossed the oxy lasts longer than the pain!

Thanks Scandi, I am so sorry you went through something similar (I still remember the pain from my leg surgery and all that metal in my leg) and my surgeon gave me 100 Oxy pills plus when I went home. I cannot believe they give you nothing there. That is truly sadistic. Glad we are both past that time. And thanks for your caring support especially when you are going through hell right now with your mom. Continued bucketloads o healing dust and good thoughts for your mom and hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news @missy! I was on the road from Maryland. So happy!

Yes I was pleased they both came yesterday!

@missy I just saw the photo with poor Greg wearing his jacket and hat...You can see the pain on his face. I’m really hoping it will lessen by tomorrow. He’s breaking my heart..

Aww thanks Joanne. No worries. We are staying on top of things and doing all we can. Hoping we can get in touch with the surgeon today and get more pain meds. Fingers crossed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awe I hate to see Greg is so cold - I wish I could bring him my lap blanket. I hope his pain gets better.

Thanks Marcy. I gave him that nice warm fleece blanket he is covered with and as you can see he insisted on wearing his down coat. LOL. But whatever it takes. He slept with sweats on last night but it was cold in the bedroom as the windows were open. We both sleep better when it is cold. But yeah it's crazy how cold he is getting in the living room but I think it is from the ice on his leg though he is giving me trouble keeping the ice on like he is supposed to be doing 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off.

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope the surgeon calls you back and prescribes more meds...:pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh Missy never occured that to have your leg practically frozen would lower your body temp. Ugh, poor dear Greg. I cannot imagine what you guys are going through. Love, love, love, and (((hugs))).

Thanks Jimmianne, when I drink something cold or eat something cold I get really cold too so I am not surprised at all. But I think for Greg this is more of an extreme reaction because his body is exhausted by all it has gone through these past few days. Plus the surgeon said his knee was in just awful shape. Like ready to be replaced years ago. That bad. So probably his recovery might be a bit more challenging because his knee was so far gone?

Sending you love and hugs too and hope your cataract surgery recovery is continuing to go super smoothly!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hope the surgeon calls you back and prescribes more meds...:pray:

Thanks Joanne, we haven't called yet...I will keep you posted. I am nervous to call because when I told the visiting nurse about it he was like the surgeon might not want to RX more but to try to get them anyway. So it put doubt in my mind...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if I told you I saw someone wearing those today (and when it was -30):rolleyes:

hahaha yes we see people dressed crazily all the time. When it is freezing out we will see people wearing shorts and ts and when it is boiling out we see people wearing coats. All kinds of people. I guess people vary hahaha. :lol-2:

I, for one, wear winter coats as soon as the temps hit 40 and wear flip flops if the temps are in the 80s. That's where I stand on those issues. And boots come out as soon as temps hit the 60s because let's face it, any excuse for boots is A OK in my book. I have been known to wear my SW boots even in the 70s. ;-)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne, when I drink something cold or eat something cold I get really cold too so I am not surprised at all. But I think for Greg this is more of an extreme reaction because his body is exhausted by all it has gone through these past few days. Plus the surgeon said his knee was in just awful shape. Like ready to be replaced years ago. That bad. So probably his recovery might be a bit more challenging because his knee was so far gone?

Sending you love and hugs too and hope your cataract surgery recovery is continuing to go super smoothly!

Thank you, Missy. Now that I am through the eye surgery I am brave enough to look at the details of the procedure. It is a fascinating surgery, the tools, the way it is done...brilliant!
I am planning to go out today. The visual changes and bit of flutter were making me lazy to bother driving, but this morning things seem more normal.
Oh, if only knee surgery were this simple!
But boy, does it sound as though Greg is going to be so much happier now, as the knee was quite problematic. Go Greg!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Joanne, we haven't called yet...I will keep you posted. I am nervous to call because when I told the visiting nurse about it he was like the surgeon might not want to RX more but to try to get them anyway. So it put doubt in my mind...

@missy It doesn’t hurt to talk to the surgeon. There are other things he can give you then if he refuses to prescribe the med. I understand that people taking normal pain relieving doses can become addictive. Maybe you can ask him if you can have a pill for his therapy sessions and try to manage with something else during the down times..xxxooo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed girls, Greg just called and spoke with receptionist and asked for a refill on his Oxy and she said she will have the PA take care of it. Cautious optimism. Greg made it sound as routine as possible when he called and let's hope that it worked.

aslongaseverythingisthewayiwantit.gif

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
You could also try a TENS machine? Maybe your pt could help with this and you could discuss whether appropriate for Greg. There is some evidence using TENS can reduce pain on movement and aid with rehab and getting mobile. Doesn't work for everyone but it can work very well for some.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @missy, I’m so sorry Greg has been in so much pain and discomfort. Poor man, I hadn’t thought about the icing machine making him so cold, of course it makes sense that would happen when you have to sit with that on your leg for 30 minutes at a time. I’m glad to hear that he’s called and will hopefully get more painkillers prescribed for him. That’s encouraging that @Poodles4me said it really helped John, and made a really good point about getting the right car to get Greg to physio.

We also just call it bacon @Poodles4me, and the bacon we get in the US, we call streaky :D

Great lap blanket @marcy, it turned out really well and will hopefully keep the chill off at work.

@AV_ are you having snow where you are? I see that there are parts of Spain that are covered in snow.

Sending good wishes to your mother @Scandanavian, and keeping everything crossed that this will be the last chemo she needs. As @Jimmianne says, it’s a tough time for you all, so hang in there, and hopefully she’ll get through this and come out well the other side.

So glad to hear that everything is good with you @Jimmianne and that the surgery has been a complete success. Bodes well for when you get the other eye done.

Hi @Niffler75 welcome to NIRDIland.

I think it was about -5 degs when we were in Churchill @canuk-gal and there were people wearing shorts there :-o

HI @Mamabean, how’s your week shaping up?

Hope everything is well with you @bling_dream19, sounds like you’re pretty busy catching up from the wedding.

We had some unexpected excitement this morning at the gym. When we got there, there was a police car outside, and 2 officers waiting to get in. I was on the bike when they approached a man standing about 5 feet away, and said they were arresting him. He went ballistic, started shouting ‘armed police’, asking them if they had tasers, trying to bait them, refused to let them handcuff him. They eventually got one cuff on, and he started screaming that they were hurting him. They called for back up, and all the while he kept on resisting, and shouting at the top of his voice, every obscenity known to man. I think he wanted people to film it in the hopes of claiming police brutality. I was surprised at the restraint of the officers, they very quietly asked him to calm down, and he just wouldn’t shut up. Eventually, they managed to get him out, but by this time, everyone in the gym was wondering what on earth was going on.

So that’s been the start to our week, hopefully, it’s all calmer where you are.

:wavey:

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian All the best to your brave mother and to patient you!

Greg made it sound as routine as possible

It ought to be routine. I certainly hope that doctors cannot prescribe based on The News.

-

There is a cloud flowing down the street & I am off to coffee. There is a draft to do!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is wrong with this country when a man, a distinguished man, an attorney, a man of integrity is denied pain relief.. this is absurd. LIterally BS. Rather than a physician keeping track of his/her patient and ensuring that their pain level is tolerable they toss off with "sorry - not sorry - but I can't prescribe pain relief because I MIGHT GET SUED - when I get vicodin from my physician in Maine I had to sign all these papers etc, promises, lucky I didn't have to offer up Autumn!, my physician told me 'don't worry Kate, I won't let you get addicted' I have no intention of being addicted, I do and did have pain that was intolerable at times.. His physcian(s) should do THEIR job and monitor his usage (I mean seriously have you guys been up with dealers? NO I know but wtheck).. I am so sorry.. forget the 'patient' but we are not going to get sued.

I am so so so sorry Greg is having this trauma, Christ after this you both will have severe PTSD... people should start suing because they were left in misery.. No one ever said I had to freeze to death to lessen my swelling Missy.

There is no reason on this earth why someone should be in agonizing paid, he will heal and his pain will lessen.

Greg, medicine in one way has failed you but shielding itself against good medical judgement and care.

Can you not just ice his leg? and NSAIDs will bring down some of the swelling and as he heals the pain will lessen.

what a clust--f---.

sending love Missy. sending love.

Both the nurse and PT was here and that was good but Greg is intense pain especially after they left. Unfortunately the nurse said we might have trouble getting more Oxy as the doctors are hesitant to Rx it now because of liability re addiction. He said we should try to get the meds but we might not be able to.

Greg is being stubborn re the ice machine as it makes his leg hurt more. But it is necessary to bring down the inflammation and start healing but he is fighting me on it because of the pain. And it makes him super cold. He is really bundled up right now and I got him to agree to doing the ice machine for a bit.

gregbundledupwithicemachine.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy the pain meds are to ensure he CAN do P/T, I tried to P/T with no pain meds, could barely walk.. I am so sorry ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is wrong with this country when a man, a distinguished man, an attorney, a man of integrity is denied pain relief.. this is absurd. LIterally BS. Rather than a physician keeping track of his/her patient and ensuring that their pain level is tolerable they toss off with "sorry - not sorry - but I can't prescribe pain relief because I MIGHT GET SUED - when I get vicodin from my physician in Maine I had to sign all these papers etc, promises, lucky I didn't have to offer up Autumn!, my physician told me 'don't worry Kate, I won't let you get addicted' I have no intention of being addicted, I do and did have pain that was intolerable at times.. His physcian(s) should do THEIR job and monitor his usage (I mean seriously have you guys been up with dealers? NO I know but wtheck).. I am so sorry.. forget the 'patient' but we are not going to get sued.

I am so so so sorry Greg is having this trauma, Christ after this you both will have severe PTSD... people should start suing because they were left in misery.. No one ever said I had to freeze to death to lessen my swelling Missy.

There is no reason on this earth why someone should be in agonizing paid, he will heal and his pain will lessen.

Greg, medicine in one way has failed you but shielding itself against good medical judgement and care.

Can you not just ice his leg? and NSAIDs will bring down some of the swelling and as he heals the pain will lessen.

what a clust--f---.

sending love Missy. sending love.

Dear Kate the great!!! Thank you for your fervor and passion on greg’s behalf!

So Greg called earlier and requested a refill and the PA called back a short while ago and he is prescribing 40 more pills (will last 3 days if Greg takes 2 pills every 3 hours round the clock) and hopefully Greg’s pain will start abating so he doesn’t have to take it around the clock.

Thank you Great Kate!!! And I’m sorry you had to endure a similar experience. Pain sucks and it blinds one to all else while in the throes of it. (((Hugs)))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina jeezus.. what a day start.. hope you are well! sounds like it :)

What is British bacon vs streaky? when I cruised British bacon looked undercooked to me and American bacon looked overcooked and burnt :)

(sort of an exaggeration but you get it :) )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian All the best to your brave mother and to patient you!

It ought to be routine. I certainly hope that doctors cannot prescribe based on The News.

-

There is a cloud flowing down the street & I am off to coffee. There is a draft to do!

Exactly. Common sense needs to seep in and it should be based on individual needs and characteristics and not what is in the “news”. Parentheses around news because let’s face it what passes for news these days is pathetic. But I digress. Thank you for all your good wishes! And right back atcha dear @AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @missy, I’m so sorry Greg has been in so much pain and discomfort. Poor man, I hadn’t thought about the icing machine making him so cold, of course it makes sense that would happen when you have to sit with that on your leg for 30 minutes at a time. I’m glad to hear that he’s called and will hopefully get more painkillers prescribed for him. That’s encouraging that @Poodles4me said it really helped John, and made a really good point about getting the right car to get Greg to physio.

We also just call it bacon @Poodles4me, and the bacon we get in the US, we call streaky :D

Great lap blanket @marcy, it turned out really well and will hopefully keep the chill off at work.

@AV_ are you having snow where you are? I see that there are parts of Spain that are covered in snow.

Sending good wishes to your mother @Scandanavian, and keeping everything crossed that this will be the last chemo she needs. As @Jimmianne says, it’s a tough time for you all, so hang in there, and hopefully she’ll get through this and come out well the other side.

So glad to hear that everything is good with you @Jimmianne and that the surgery has been a complete success. Bodes well for when you get the other eye done.

I think it was about -5 degs when we were in Churchill @canuk-gal and there were people wearing shorts there :-o

Hope everything is well with you @bling_dream19, sounds like you’re pretty busy catching up from the wedding.

We had some unexpected excitement this morning at the gym. When we got there, there was a police car outside, and 2 officers waiting to get in. I was on the bike when they approached a man standing about 5 feet away, and said they were arresting him. He went ballistic, started shouting ‘armed police’, asking them if they had tasers, trying to bait them, refused to let them handcuff him. They eventually got one cuff on, and he started screaming that they were hurting him. They called for back up, and all the while he kept on resisting, and shouting at the top of his voice, every obscenity known to man. I think he wanted people to film it in the hopes of claiming police brutality. I was surprised at the restraint of the officers, they very quietly asked him to calm down, and he just wouldn’t shut up. Eventually, they managed to get him out, but by this time, everyone in the gym was wondering what on earth was going on.

Thank you Austina! And oh my what excitement indeed. Are you sure you’re not in Brooklyn?:lol:

Hope the rest of your day and week goes well and is uneventful. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could also try a TENS machine? Maybe your pt could help with this and you could discuss whether appropriate for Greg. There is some evidence using TENS can reduce pain on movement and aid with rehab and getting mobile. Doesn't work for everyone but it can work very well for some.

Thank you. I will ask the PT tomorrow when he is here. I had a TENS machine and iirc it didn’t seem to help me but we are all different and it is worth looking into. Thanks very much for the suggestion!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Scandinavian much strength and healing vibes to your Mom....
@missy goods news about more painkillers...one day at a time. How are the cats doing; is Oliver getting used to the new place?
@Jimmianne glad your eye is healing nicely.
@Austina what an unpleasant encounter! Guess one never really knows who one is standing next to....

Supposed to be 6C today--this is the weather I know!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @canuk-gal! Oliver remains a little terror. He has destroyed 2 pairs of leggings so far. He chews right through them. I thought I had put them out of harms way but the little mischievous Oliver is pawsitively intent on destroying as much as he can. :lol: :roll2:

Thanks for your good wishes about Greg and Oliver.
Stay warm and cozy and enjoy a lovely day dear Sharon. ❤

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES! A STELLAR human deserves stellar treatment.

I am so glad someone listened Missy, Greg is such a nice human he deserves nice care. Hopefully is pain WILL abate as he heals in 3 days.. if not, then back to work.. I find it just so ludicrous that the medicine field would think someone would be dumb enough to try and get opioids that aren't needed just to get a 'buzz' because the 'buzz' is really just sleepy, and usually that happens because one has been in PAIN..

Yes Missy, I do make myself loud and clear when I am IN pain, the oral surgeon? he didn't care because he was treating me pro bono since the infection acted up on his watch.

I hope Greg can get sleep and work his exercises Missy and I hope and pray you get sleep and peace..

allllll love to you and Greg and kids.

Dear Kate the great!!! Thank you for your fervor and passion on greg’s behalf!

So Greg called earlier and requested a refill and the PA called back a short while ago and he is prescribing 40 more pills (will last 3 days if Greg takes 2 pills every 3 hours round the clock) and hopefully Greg’s pain will start abating so he doesn’t have to take it around the clock.

Thank you Great Kate!!! And I’m sorry you had to endure a similar experience. Pain sucks and it blinds one to all else while in the throes of it. (((Hugs)))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd. If you ever wondered what a flowering orchard filled by high mountain clouds looks like:

Screenshot_20200120-183332.png

My camera refuses to transfer files [this is what my phone does - it is ancient & hardly ever used, I live on long emails instead - so is the job], else there would be a flood of such pictures. The many shades of pink remind your ring @Scandinavian !

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew, good news @missy that Greg‘s getting a prescription for more painkillers. These first few days are bound to be the worst, so I’m glad he’s not going to be suffering unnecessarily.

When I told Adam about the incident at the gym, he said the police would probably have reacted quite differently there.

One thing he did say, was that they’ve set a date, or sort of, 13th June 2021, or possibly the 14th or 15th, depending on when the hotel can accommodate the ceremony :lol:

@Tekate, our bacon is what you called Canadian bacon, i.e. back bacon, whereas your bacon, to us, is streaky because it’s often more fat than meat.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Great news about the painkillers. :wavey: Sending positive thoughts from the UK.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother is starting last round (we hope) of chemo today. So another difficult three weeks ahead now. And then we will just have to hope that the treatments have worked as well as possible.

@Scandinavian I hope this round will be easier on your mom and it’s successful...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Wow @Austina..I would have jumped off the bike and got out of the way. I’m glad you’re okay..You never know what’s on a person’s mind when they act like that..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@jimmiane I’m happy your eye surgery went well. It looks like it was successful! Did you go out driving today? Are you allowed or are you a rebel? :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results