carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness @canuk-gal how is it even possible to be that cold, brrrrrrr ?

I’m so sorry your grandmother was in the hospital again @Scandinavian, I hope she’s doing better today. Your scenery is beautiful and I hope the house is nearly all finished and ready for you to enjoy. You need something positive to look forward to.

I hope the drops for your hoops turn out to be perfect @Mamabean, who’d have thought it’d be so difficult to find them, there’s an obvious gap in the market! I hope TG hasn’t left you exhausted and you’re getting all geared up for Christmas.

Wow your weather is completely different to ours this weekend @AV_, it’s been absolutely freezing here, practically arctic!

I’m sorry it was such a faff for you at the vets @missy, not what you needed when you’re dealing with so much already. Oh dear that it wasn’t all friends together for the kitties, but hopefully in time, they’ll all get used to each other. Beautiful autumn foliage on your very chilly ride, all the leaves are off our trees here now, so no more clearing up for Colin.

Love your rose gold tree @Jimmianne, it’s so pretty, and Issy is such a good girl staying in her seatbelt. I hope you’ll be able to get your cataract taken care of quickly and normal vision will be resumed.

Yay Mrs Muscles @marcy you’re really pumping the iron :D That Macanroni is the bees knees:lol: Sounds like you’ve got everything under control and ticking things off your Christmas to do list.

It’s fun buying things for the little ones @Calliecake, it gets so much more difficult the older they get, there are so many lovely things in the shops these days, so much more choice than when we were little. The Downton tour isn’t until April but you have to book way in advance as they only have the house open for a set time. We’re looking forward to seeing it, and the bonus is that it’s not too far from where we live.

How’s your brother @junebug17, is he feeling any better? Sounds like a good plan to head to SC for some R&R after Christmas.

It’s been freezing here this weekend, too cold to go out walking so we’ve just been getting on with things in the house and getting ready for Thursday. I’ll be getting all the laundry done over the next 2 days, and have my cut and colour on Wednesday, then I need to do my manicure and pedicure so I’m all set.

Spoke to Shirley yesterday and managed to keep steering the conversation away from anything negative, but it’s hard work and quite draining.

I’m living vicariously through other people’s trees and decorations, as our house is completely devoid of anything Christmassy this year :lol: Kim wants to get a tree, so we’ve said we’ll go to Costco when we get back from the cruise, Adam is being Mr Grinch, but I’m sure we’ll all be able to persuade him;-)

Hoping all is well in NIRDIland :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I usually put the tree up on December 15th, so we are thInking alike this year. More cheer to us!
Marcy, good thing you Wyomians (?) have a sense of humor about the weather. You have incredible weather there!
I will probably only see my dd and her dh for a couple of hours on Christmas, and maybe do one other thing with them. But in France they are my neighbors so it’s OK to see them just a little for the holiday.
Here is Issy wearing a seat belt. I had something in the back seat, so she had to ride shotgun.She was so good, very serious about staying quite still all the way to town.
5653A4E0-D041-43E9-B4CB-39B6C2A1870D.jpeg

WOT a dolly, sweet face!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina . weather is nuts. -22C to 5C. I don't get it. People out riding their bikes in the slush with their super fat tires. OK no. Travel safely.

@AV_ I think I need to live where you are......I'll bring the heels!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy well well well well well woudja look at Mr. Fred! Looking all fresh and fabu and what not! :kiss2: :dance:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 3 WhiteFlash bands - a 5 pointer channel set ACA melee, a 3 pointer channel set ACA melee, and a 3 pointer custom Danielle with ACA melee and sapphires

IMG_3339.JPG

The 3 pointer band

IMG_1917.JPG

The Danielle Band

IMG_2514.JPG

The 5 pointer band
IMG_2098.JPG

Your rings are absolutely gorgeous @marcy! How do you decide what to wear? I know you have some other tanzanite rings that are also gorgeous. Do you rotate and wear them all?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne I don’t know if all Wyomingians have a sense of humor but Marty and I do; not much else you can do about the weather. Darn that you won’t get to see your DD and SIL much while they are visiting. Issy is so cute and doing good in her seatbelt.

@Mamabean good idea to start with 4mm drops. I hope you like them. Thank you for the kind words about my rings; I usually pick a band to wear for the week so they do get rotated. I actually don’t currently have any tanzanite but I’m hoping to remedy that soon. As for my gemstone rings; I tend to pick out what I want to wear tomorrow and then pick out a ring to match.

@missy thank you - I’d like to think I’m tough but I’m not. I stayed here because of my parents and now we are pretty settled here. Who knows where we’ll end up. Oh no that Tommy’s hyperthyroid has doubled; I hope the meds help fix that. I can’t believe B was mad at your sister. Darn that you are getting snow. I think I’ve had enough of it. Sorry the kitties didn’t mix well with Oliver, I am sure that will improve with more exposure. Hoping you don’t hear from the vet for 3 weeks. Sweet. Gorgeous autumn tree.

@av, learning to take things easy is important; I am glad you are doing that this year and it sounds like you have some relaxing plans this month. Baking bed sounds quite tasty.

@Scandinavian I hope you are having a good day.

@Austina sorry to hear it is so cold there. You have a busy week planned. You are a good friend trying to keep Shirley focused on positive things. That will be fun to pick a tree and decorate with Kim and Adam.

@canuk-gal we warmed up today too; sadly that means lots of melting so it’s going to be icy again in the morning. Six more months of this to go.

The main roads are pretty cleared off here in town but side streets and parking are challenging. Marty got his picked stuck at his gym this morning. The plow has piled up a lot of snow where everyone parks making it awful to get in and out of parking places.

Take care.
Marcy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
dear lovelly NIRDI ladies
im worried about you in the ice, snow and cold
please take care
i just wanted to say what a privilege it is to get a little peek into your lives

ive been a bit quiet, wasn't feeling well, nothing really wrong just slept alot so please excuse my absence

i think to sit down with a cup of tea and take my time and concentrate on all your news

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
please take care
i just wanted to say what a privilege it is to get a little peek into your lives

ive been a bit quiet, wasn't feeling well, nothing really wrong just slept alot so please excuse my absence

i think to sit down with a cup of tea and take my time and concentrate on all your news

@Daisys and Diamonds I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. I hope you feel your bright chippy self soon...Look at some pics of Bruce and you’ll feel better in no time!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne I don’t know if all Wyomingians have a sense of humor but Marty and I do; not much else you can do about the weather. Darn that you won’t get to see your DD and SIL much while they are visiting. Issy is so cute and doing good in her seatbelt.

@Mamabean good idea to start with 4mm drops. I hope you like them. Thank you for the kind words about my rings; I usually pick a band to wear for the week so they do get rotated. I actually don’t currently have any tanzanite but I’m hoping to remedy that soon. As for my gemstone rings; I tend to pick out what I want to wear tomorrow and then pick out a ring to match.

@missy thank you - I’d like to think I’m tough but I’m not. I stayed here because of my parents and now we are pretty settled here. Who knows where we’ll end up. Oh no that Tommy’s hyperthyroid has doubled; I hope the meds help fix that. I can’t believe B was mad at your sister. Darn that you are getting snow. I think I’ve had enough of it. Sorry the kitties didn’t mix well with Oliver, I am sure that will improve with more exposure. Hoping you don’t hear from the vet for 3 weeks. Sweet. Gorgeous autumn tree.

@av, learning to take things easy is important; I am glad you are doing that this year and it sounds like you have some relaxing plans this month. Baking bed sounds quite tasty.

@Scandinavian I hope you are having a good day.

@Austina sorry to hear it is so cold there. You have a busy week planned. You are a good friend trying to keep Shirley focused on positive things. That will be fun to pick a tree and decorate with Kim and Adam.

@canuk-gal we warmed up today too; sadly that means lots of melting so it’s going to be icy again in the morning. Six more months of this to go.

The main roads are pretty cleared off here in town but side streets and parking are challenging. Marty got his picked stuck at his gym this morning. The plow has piled up a lot of snow where everyone parks making it awful to get in and out of parking places.

Take care.
Marcy

This is the only way I’m going to catch up with you all...by replying to your posts!
@marcy Did you show a photo once of wearing blue rings? I must be losing my mind! Are they sapphires instead? Am I thinking of the wrong person? :think:
I love snow...You live in a beautiful part of the country...but I can see why you would be tired of it. David and I hope for a snow day so we can hang out in our pjs..He doesn't have to go to work..and I get to stay put for once..I hate when the snowplows plow against your car and you have to dig it out..We have a garage in Pa..but not in Maryland. We don’t even have a snow shovel there! We try to time it so there are no storms when we’re there...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina That is so nice if you to still keep in touch with Shirley although she’s difficult. You’re not a fair weather friend. That says a lot about you. I know many friends would have cut off contact with her.
That’s funny that Adam is being a grinch this year..He doesn’t want to decorate his house? Costco has great trees..They also had lighted garland but it had colored lights and I wanted white. That is some present you are giving Kim for Christmas..OMG
I love the key chain you are giving Colin to remember Dottie. I know she left a big hole in your hearts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Tuesday.

HI:

@missy well well well well well woudja look at Mr. Fred! Looking all fresh and fabu and what not! :kiss2: :dance:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you dear @canuk-gal! Fred is purring and seems content despite his severe mobility issues due to arthritis. We are doing our best for him and I know that is all we can do. Hoping hard that is enough and he comes through this challenging time intact and that we can start him on his steroid meds to give him relief soon. But first we must be RW free for at least a month according to my sister and we have 2 plus weeks to know for sure if we are RW free re second culture. So it is a waiting game and every day that passes with no call from the local vet is good. Fingers and toes and everything crossed we can get the cats (and us) through this. It's surreal and continues to be.

How is the weather doing by you Sharon? We got snow yesterday but none of it stuck. It is quite cold here today. Brrrrrr. Twenties with the wind chill and we are debating do we ride or not? Greg has a 1PM CC so we would have to leave before the temps warm up to a balmy 30 haha. Have a lovely day and sending you cozy warm hugs.

Aww I think you are very strong but we never give ourselves credit do we?

Glad the main roads are cleared but oh no Marty got his truck stuck at the gym yesterday morning. Challenging indeed. Hope mild weather comes your way. Gorgeous decorations Marcy. Love them. Hugs.

please take care

Oh @Daisys and Diamonds thank you and I am sorry you weren't feeling well and hope you are feeling much better. You were missed here and I am glad you are back and glad you are enjoying this thread. It is a glimpse into our lives indeed. I always feel sharing joy is joy doubled and sharing sorrow is sorrow halved and it is cathartic (for me) sharing here with those I know who care. And for those who don't care well they don't have to read this thread right? I care about all the lovely ladies here and it is a nice safe warm place to be. Hugs.

@Mamabean good morning. I hope all your holiday planning is going well. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope your week is going well. XOXO.

@Scandinavian glad you are planning a little vacation and that all is going as well as can be expected and continued healing vibes to your mom and grandmother. Glad status quo is stable for them both. XOXO.

It’s been freezing here this weekend, too cold to go out walking so we’ve just been getting on with things in the house and getting ready for Thursday. I’ll be getting all the laundry done over the next 2 days, and have my cut and colour on Wednesday, then I need to do my manicure and pedicure so I’m all set.

Spoke to Shirley yesterday and managed to keep steering the conversation away from anything negative, but it’s hard work and quite draining.

I’m living vicariously through other people’s trees and decorations, as our house is completely devoid of anything Christmassy this year :lol: Kim wants to get a tree, so we’ve said we’ll go to Costco when we get back from the cruise, Adam is being Mr Grinch, but I’m sure we’ll all be able to persuade him;-)

Hoping all is well in NIRDIland :wavey:

LOL yes I am confident you will be able to convince Adam re the Christmas tree and ditto here re living vicariously through others decorating etc. No tree this year for us. Glad you had a decent convo with Shirley but I hear you on the hard work keeping it positive. Draining for sure. Sorry it's been so cold by you and glad your are looking forward to Thursday. Should be a lot of fun.

The weekend was very warm, around 20ºC in the early afternoon - just before another round of rains started last night. I do have a draft to deliver, but nothing as serious as last EOY; present to self, for sure. I intend to go out for the Holidays. I never do a tree, but there must be a visit to a nearby pine forest, bringing in some branches to display for good measure; then, almonds start flowering on the new year & their show is hard to beat! [digressing - bringing in branches of apple to flower for the new year was something done in my chieldhood home; here, the flowering season is starting & it feels more home than home]

Have a great week!

Hi @AV_ nice that is was so lovely and warm by you. I am glad you are planning a fun holiday. Love that your flowering season is starting and I can almost smell the fragrant blossoms from here. Delicious. It's a cozy warm lovely home to be in that is for sure. Enjoy and be well. XOXO.

Yesterday we did all our chores and cleaning and the dishwasher repairman fixed the dishwasher so yay for that. It's very chilly here so not sure if we will brave the winds and cold to go cycling today. Rained yesterday so cycling wasn't an option. Greg has work this afternoon so not sure it will be worth bundling up and getting ready for what will be a cold and shorter ride. We will see. Plus we have to clean etc and bathe Fred. Hope everyone has a lovely warm cozy day filled with good things. XOXO.

We let Oliver out for a while yesterday evening under our supervision. It's exhausting lol. And not sure how we are going to handle the food issue as Oliver wants to eat everything and we leave food out for the others as Tommy and Fred are very picky eaters who graze all day long. This is going to be challenging. What else is new lol.

Fred looking handsome despite the brown hair on his legs still not growing in white.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 6.47.05 AM.png

oliverandtommylivingroom.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 6.49.22 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies and happy Tuesday.

Thank you dear @canuk-gal! Fred is purring and seems content despite his severe mobility issues due to arthritis. We are doing our best for him and I know that is all we can do. Hoping hard that is enough and he comes through this challenging time intact and that we can start him on his steroid meds to give him relief soon. But first we must be RW free for at least a month according to my sister and we have 2 plus weeks to know for sure if we are RW free re second culture. So it is a waiting game and every day that passes with no call from the local vet is good. Fingers and toes and everything crossed we can get the cats (and us) through this. It's surreal and continues to be.

How is the weather doing by you Sharon? We got snow yesterday but none of it stuck. It is quite cold here today. Brrrrrr. Twenties with the wind chill and we are debating do we ride or not? Greg has a 1PM CC so we would have to leave before the temps warm up to a balmy 30 haha. Have a lovely day and sending you cozy warm hugs.

Aww I think you are very strong but we never give ourselves credit do we?

Glad the main roads are cleared but oh no Marty got his truck stuck at the gym yesterday morning. Challenging indeed. Hope mild weather comes your way. Gorgeous decorations Marcy. Love them. Hugs.

Oh @Daisys and Diamonds thank you and I am sorry you weren't feeling well and hope you are feeling much better. You were missed here and I am glad you are back and glad you are enjoying this thread. It is a glimpse into our lives indeed. I always feel sharing joy is joy doubled and sharing sorrow is sorrow halved and it is cathartic (for me) sharing here with those I know who care. And for those who don't care well they don't have to read this thread right? I care about all the lovely ladies here and it is a nice safe warm place to be. Hugs.

@Mamabean good morning. I hope all your holiday planning is going well. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope your week is going well. XOXO.

@Scandinavian glad you are planning a little vacation and that all is going as well as can be expected and continued healing vibes to your mom and grandmother. Glad status quo is stable for them both. XOXO.

LOL yes I am confident you will be able to convince Adam re the Christmas tree and ditto here re living vicariously through others decorating etc. No tree this year for us. Glad you had a decent convo with Shirley but I hear you on the hard work keeping it positive. Draining for sure. Sorry it's been so cold by you and glad your are looking forward to Thursday. Should be a lot of fun.

Hi @AV_ nice that is was so lovely and warm by you. I am glad you are planning a fun holiday. Love that your flowering season is starting and I can almost smell the fragrant blossoms from here. Delicious. It's a cozy warm lovely home to be in that is for sure. Enjoy and be well. XOXO.

Yesterday we did all our chores and cleaning and the dishwasher repairman fixed the dishwasher so yay for that. It's very chilly here so not sure if we will brave the winds and cold to go cycling today. Rained yesterday so cycling wasn't an option. Greg has work this afternoon so not sure it will be worth bundling up and getting ready for what will be a cold and shorter ride. We will see. Plus we have to clean etc and bathe Fred. Hope everyone has a lovely warm cozy day filled with good things. XOXO.

We let Oliver out for a while yesterday evening under our supervision. It's exhausting lol. And not sure how we are going to handle the food issue as Oliver wants to eat everything and we leave food out for the others as Tommy and Fred are very picky eaters who graze all day long. This is going to be challenging. What else is new lol.

Fred looking handsome despite the brown hair on his legs still not growing in white.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 6.47.05 AM.png

oliverandtommylivingroom.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 6.49.22 AM.png

Oh @missy Those are adorable photos! I love it..It looks like Tommy..observing Oliver checking out Fred! Tommy has his back in case the little tiger decides to pounce his brother! Haha
Fred does look so much better!
It looks like you got the snow we were supposed to get. It’s a big build up around here..Everyone talks about the first snowfall and then nothing. I was glad though. Thank goodness it didn’t stick on your roads.
Yay for your dishwasher bring fixed! It’s amazing what makes us happy now, right?
I’ll tell you what made me VERY happy this morning. I’ve been battling diarrhea with Bailey. He has digestive issues which I keep tamped down with his Prilosec and metoclopromide..and feeding him at 5:30 am to get food in his stomach or he vomits..This morning I walked him and he had what I call “drop and rolls”! I was so excited! I was
telling him he was such a good boy. He was happy I was happy but didn’t know why is mom was making a fuss about his bowel movement! Haha
This is his pill and supplement regime in the morning only. He gets two other meds at six.
902B2EBA-9572-479E-AF14-B7831F127F05.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Dear Fred. And that last photo is funny. What WERE they talking about?

Marcy, if you ever decide to move, can I suggest something closer to me?

Austina, ugh, your friend is going through a rough tiime. Are there any grief groups near her? We have them here and they can be helpful for people who need to vent. It’s still early in the process for her, but the negativity can turn into a lifelong state of mind. You are a good friend to hang in there.

We are having such beautiful weather, but I can’t lord it over you snowbunnies. It will happen here eventually and then I’ll be out there breaking ice in the horses troughs and unfeezing the well. Lol stay warm, NIRDIs, except AV who doesn’t need that advice!

Sunset last night. That little dot bottom left is Camille ahead of me, running to the mail box. 03A05574-F5FE-4D64-AA02-288E607DF791.jpeg

And Camille using a paperback book as a dog house
BC3B5BA5-DEC0-4441-A1D2-76CA5CB02E37.jpeg

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy!
My mother and grandmother are both as well as can be I think. My mother is starting chemo again December 10th. So I need some air now whilst I have the chance. So I’m taking DH and the children away for a few days for some sun, sea and eating. Or perhaps DH is taking me.... lol.
I’ll try to post some pictures! And I’ll read along. But I’m expecting terrible internet so probably not many words from me... Back late Sunday!
Tons of hugs to you all! And an extra for my new friend Camille! Such a little sweetheart! And Fred and Tommy and Oliver! So cute! And curios / sceptical at the same time! Adorable!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, your tree and home look so lovely and inviting. Love the glow of an Xmas tree; I'm always tempted to leave the tree up until March lol. Glad you will see dd and her husband at Christmas. Issy and Camille are both so precious. Beautiful scenery! I'm sorry about the cataract surgery but know several people who have had it done and their vision improved. Sorry you have to deal with this.

@missy, I hope Tommy does well on his meds. And I think eventually Oliver will settle down and get used to the other kitties; he's been isolated for a while. I'm so happy Fred seems to be doing a little better. He looks so cute in that pose. Sweet pics of all the kitties. And yes, the cold weather has hit us and doing outdoor things is probably coming to an end, ugh.

@marcy, lol to Wyoming being closed! Sorry you're housebound and I hope all that snow and ice starts melting soon. Sounds like a real hassle, ugh. Congrats on your lifting; you're doing great and it's wonderful you feel stronger. It's great you did your Xmas decorating. Fun to put up, putting away not so much lol. Those Macan macaronis are too funny!

@Calliecake, wonderful that you had a fun Thanksgiving with your family. And so great that the baby was there - babies add so much joy and happiness to life. She must be so adorable. <3 I hope you have a great week!

@canuk-gal, there really is something very comforting and cheering about a Christmas tree. Glad it's been bringing you joy.

@Austina, my brother is doing better but his sleep pattern is really erratic right now. Sounds like you have a busy few days before you leave for your trip. I know the last few days can be tiring. Very nice of you to talk with Shirley and make an effort to have a nice conversation. I can understand how trying to keep things calm and positive can be stressful for you.

@AV_, I'm jealous of your warm weather! Have fun gathering branches, they'll make for pretty decorations. Glad work isn't too overwhelming for you. LOL to walking on mountain trails in heels...now that would be something to see!

Not too much going on here...just some errands and decorating for Christmas. Dh is out of town but ds is stopping by for dinner and to give me a hand with the xmas tree. We meant to do it this weekend but dh had to spend some time dealing with work issues and the days got away from us. Haven't made it to my brother's yet, will have to see how he's doing this week.

Wishing everyone a good night!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy!
My mother and grandmother are both as well as can be I think. My mother is starting chemo again December 10th. So I need some air now whilst I have the chance. So I’m taking DH and the children away for a few days for some sun, sea and eating. Or perhaps DH is taking me.... lol.
I’ll try to post some pictures! And I’ll read along. But I’m expecting terrible internet so probably not many words from me... Back late Sunday!
Tons of hugs to you all! And an extra for my new friend Camille! Such a little sweetheart! And Fred and Tommy and Oliver! So cute! And curios / sceptical at the same time! Adorable!

Enjoy your time with your family @Scandinavian! Glad you are getting in some rest and relaxation.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

The news flash of the day - we were going to let NN go this morning and once she get in to the HR office she said “I know what this is about so let me make this easy. I’m quitting now.” The HR guy asked her to write a letter of resignation, date it and sign it which she did and it was done. I hate to see anyone lose a job but this wasn’t the perfect job for her.

@Daisys and Diamonds I hope you are rested up and feeling better.

@Mamabean I am sure I have posted many pictures of me wearing blue rings - I have several sapphire RHR and one of them goes great with my Danielle band. I think you and David should have a snow day. My husband grew up in Maryland and he said the snow there is only for a few months instead of 9 months like we have here. Good idea to plan trips to Maryland when the weather is nice. I do think it is pretty around here and I love seeing frosted and snowy trees. That is quite the pill assortment for Bailey. Hoping he is doing better.

@missy that warms my heart to know Fred is purring and content. I am hoping you can start him on his meds again in a few weeks. It does sound chilly there today. We were in the 40’s again. Love all the pictures of the kitties. Crossing my fingers and toes that in a few weeks that is all you have to worry about it getting the kitties to play well together with Oliver and how to keep him out of the other’s food. Woo hoo to having the dishwasher fixed.

@Jimmianne yes you can suggest us moving somewhere close to you. That would be fun. Please enjoy that nice weather for me. Camille is a cutie and I love she is running ahead of you to the mailbox. I am leaving that chore for Marty right now; I don’t want to wade through snow, drifts and water to get to our mailbox.

@Scandinavian I am glad to hear you mother and grandmother are doing okay. Great idea to take a vacation; have a blast and enjoy yourself.

@junebug17 oh no the cold and snow found you. I wasn’t trying to share. I am feeling stronger, thank you. I am glad lifting has helped me. I’d love to find some of the Macan macaronis; the post I saw was a foreign language so probably nothing I can find here. I am glad your brother is sleeping somewhat better. I hope you and your DS got the tree out and the house decorated. I agree it is always more fun to put decorations up than take them down and put them away.

Since we wanted to all be in HR before NN got to work this morning I went in an hour early. I am yawning already and it’s only about 6:30 pm here. I worried about sleeping through the alarm on my phone so I kept watching the clock. My employees seemed okay with the news so I left an hour early today. I was going to lift when I got home but Marty was on a conference call and hungry so I went back out and bought us some Arby’s sandwiches.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, hugs to all, thank yous for brightening my days and thinking about me, and apologies for not writing. Basically, I'm in full on wedding mode and working and trying to take things one step at a time but I do feel overwhelmed. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning. I'm thinking about each of you and sending hugs.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 those days before your wedding are so stressful and hectic. I find making lists and crossing things off make me feel better; it at least shows me I am accomplishing something. :lol: Take care and relax at least once a day.

Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quick fly by as today is another busy day, I’ve just received an email from Shirley’s DIL asking if we can take tea with us. I had thought they’d want Fortnum and Mason tea which we can get at the airport, but they want something else, so I have to find time to go out and search for it.

Anyway, sending big hugs to all the lovely NIRDI, hope everything is well, I’ll catch up later - hopefully :wavey:

B9E94D0D-6B65-4AD6-904E-726AA77FA463.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

@junebug17 thank you for the continued good wishes for the kitties.

So far we are managing to get Tommy to eat the pill pocket but he keeps dropping it out of his mouth and slobbering over it because he is sloppy with food due to his overbite. I am very patient and it takes about 20 minutes each morning and evening for me to give him the med but so far so good and fingers crossed he continues to take it this way so we don't have to force it down his throat and that he does OK on it. He has a cold right now so I am concerned about that because when they get colds they can stop eating and also with 4 cats if one gets a cold they all can get a cold and with Oliver and his latent herpes that is a big concern. But my one day at a time mantra is coming in handy hahaha.

Yes the cold weather is here it seems. Glad DS stopped by the other night to help you with the tree and decorations. Hoping your brother is feeling better and that you get to enjoy a visit with him soon. Have a lovely day Junie. XOXO.

@missy that warms my heart to know Fred is purring and content. I am hoping you can start him on his meds again in a few weeks. It does sound chilly there today. We were in the 40’s again. Love all the pictures of the kitties. Crossing my fingers and toes that in a few weeks that is all you have to worry about it getting the kitties to play well together with Oliver and how to keep him out of the other’s food. Woo hoo to having the dishwasher fixed.

Aww thank you Marcy. The kitties all send purrs and love to you. 40s is positively balmy hahaha.

I am glad NN resigned vs you having to fire her and I know that was weighing heavily on your mind so whew that is over. And hopefully she will find a better suited job for her personality and be happier there. It might be a win win for all involved. Sorry you were tired yesterday because you had to go to work early and glad you got to leave work early and hope you enjoyed a restful sleep. You can lift today. Hugs.

@Scandinavian glad for the good update and may that continue. Enjoy a nice time away and hugs to you and healing vibes to everyone. XOXO.

Hi everyone, hugs to all, thank yous for brightening my days and thinking about me, and apologies for not writing. Basically, I'm in full on wedding mode and working and trying to take things one step at a time but I do feel overwhelmed. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning. I'm thinking about each of you and sending hugs.

@bling_dream19 no worries about posting please. It's a hectic happy frenetic time for you and just take care of yourself and the wedding plans and it will all work out beautifully. Keep telling yourself-I am marrying the love of my life. And it's all wonderful. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne Camille is precious and please give her a hug from her auntie missy and uncle greg. How are you feeling? Is everything sorted out by you? It must be nice to finally be able to take a breath after all you have gone through. I hope you are feeling completely better and all is going smoothly. XOXO.

@Austina you are going to enjoy a wonderful trip and hope it is sunny and bright on your vacation and that this time leading up to it goes smoothly. Nice of you to bring the tea they are requesting. I love a nice tea. It's civilized and cozy and delicious too. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds good morning Nicky. How are you doing? Thinking of you and hoping all is well with you and Gary and Melanie. Sending hugs.

@canuk-gal hello there, hope you are enjoying a good week and staying comfy and cozy. The Christmas holiday is almost upon us and it is a lovely time of year. When snow makes sense. At least as much sense as it will ever make. Sending you warm hugs. XOXO.

@AV_ please send some of the warm weather our way. Hope you are enjoying a good week. Hugs. I can still smell the flowers by you. I have some scenery to share with you below. It's a winter wonderland here. Or at least was for a minute haha.

All these were taken yesterday in the car as we headed to the beach. It didn't stick here as we are on the water so it is more mild and snow takes longer to stick but this is right near us (2 minutes away) on the farms all around us. Isn't it gorgeous?

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.23.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.23.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.22.54 AM.png

We had a lovely time walking on the beach yesterday before Greg's CC. Decided not to go cycling due to high winds and wind chills not getting out of the 20s. That was a wise decision because it was quite chilly. We are attempting cycling today because tomorrow Greg is going into the city so it's today or not at all this week. We shall see. Looking forward to a cycling adventure and hopefully ice cream too. LOL.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.27.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.27.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 6.28.12 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. XOXO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina I hope you found the tea Shirley wanted okay. Thank you for the Snoopy hug.

@missy it’s funny how quickly we think the 40’s isn’t that cold. I keep telling myself 6 more months to go till it kind of warms up. Thanks for the kitties sending me purrs and hugs. I enjoyed work today knowing my problem child is gone. I hope she finds happiness and peace somewhere. I did lift - I pressed 35 pounds and lifted 67.5 pounds. Ooh. Gorgeous snow pictures; very pretty. You look cold on the beach. Your diamond looks fabulous as always.

I did sleep better last night. I enjoyed work more than I have lately although I did get in an agitated discussion with someone from corporate today and finally said this is getting no where so I am hanging up now. He’s someone else’s NN.

I lifted tonight and bake myself a mini pizza for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

We’re in the lounge, expecting to board in about 20 mins. It’s been a hectic couple of days, and this morning was no different! After being wide awake at 3am, I did eventually drop off and was woken at 6am, when I’d usually be all ready :shock:

Traffic to the airport was horrendous, so it took as 3 times as long, but we’re here, we’ve had breakfast, and now we’re just waiting.

I’ll catch up with you later when I’m in the same time zone (ish)!

Have a lovely day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's terrific (I hope) Thursday!

@marcy nice that you got to lift yesterday and yes it's better for everyone that NN has moved on and hopefully forward to a better place for her. I can imagine what a relief it is to have her somewhere else. She was an anchor weighing all of you down. LOL to talking to someone else's NN yesterday. Yes 40s is positively balmy here now haha. It was windchill in the 20s with temps in the lower 30s yesterday but we rode woohoo! With snow in places haha. That is a first for us. It was exhilarating quite honestly and with the hot pockets in our gloves and shoes it was toasty. It really wasn't too bad. It was cold but it was manageable and enjoyable. Sad we cannot ride today or tomorrow (more snow/rain tomorrow and today Greg is heading into the city to work) but I am satiated pretty much with riding and anything extra is just that. I am so glad you slept better the other night. What a difference a good night's sleep makes. Thank you as always for all your support and lovely comments. Hugs to you. Have a wonderful day dear Marcy.

@Austina sorry traffic was awful but glad you are almost on your way. Have a safe flight and smooth journey and most of all enjoy enjoy enjoy. Sending you hugs across the miles soon to be less miles haha.

@Slick1 hoping your week is going well. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

@Tekate hugs to you and Autie and all that good stuff. XOXO.

@Scandinavian hopefully by now you are enjoying a brief respite from all real life issues and having a lovely time with your family. Hugs.

@AV_ good morning and hoping a good week is being enjoyed by you.

@Daisys and Diamonds dear Nicky hoping you are doing well.

@Jimmianne my dear friend, how are things going? Thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying warm holiday cheer. Is your DD and her DH in the states yet?

@Mamabean hope things are calm and quiet by you.
Hello to everyone else. Hope all is well.

As I wrote above to marcy we had a lovely day yesterday and enjoyed cycling and ice cream. In December with snow. How amazing is that? @canuk-gal maybe I can live in Canada? Haha. Hope everyone is having a good week and sending you all warm hugs.

Some cycling pics yesterday. Look at the birds lol. Too funny how they are all lined up. Love them.
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.36.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.36.09 AM.png

Look at the snow in our path as we were cycling. A first for sure for us. Our bike can take it though. Terrari our terratrike doesn't let snow get in his way. And neither do we.:cool2:
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.35.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.36.33 AM.png

Ice cream along the way.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.34.45 AM.png

And finally, leaving you with our Bobby and Tommy from last night. So sweet. Poor Tommy has a cold that is not letting up and I am hoping he doesn't give it to the others and that he can get rid of it soon. Colds have a way of really taking on a life of its own and wreaking havoc with cats and eating so praying he gets well soon. Another complication is not needed. Fingers crossed Tommy is A OK.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.35.12 AM.png

Have a terrific Thursday dear NIRDIs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and look at how comfy cozy Fred was last night. Knock wood he is doing OK despite his severe arthritis. I just wish we could give him relief from the arthritic pain and hopefully we can soon. He is such a sweetheart and so relieved he is eating. Please let that continue. He has gained some weight in his face.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 6.54.10 AM.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You and great look look adorable @missy And so do your fur babies! The snow was so pretty. My fi told me it looked like a winter wonderland with a dusting of snow. He is praying for snow on our wedding day! Things are starting to come together and I'm starting to get excited. I spoke to a gem of a musician yesterday and she will be playing the harp and singing! I am soo excited and that instantly calmed me down. She's going to sing Christmas hymns and carols. I contacted the college near by and one of the professors recommended her highly. She is a seasoned professional. I think she will make it just so special. My faux fur wrap from etsy came in yesterday and its gorgeous! Have a great day everyone! @marcy Thanks for the list tip, I'm going to start that and that should help.
Hugs to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and great look look adorable @missy And so do your fur babies! The snow was so pretty. My fi told me it looked like a winter wonderland with a dusting of snow. He is praying for snow on our wedding day! Things are starting to come together and I'm starting to get excited. I spoke to a gem of a musician yesterday and she will be playing the harp and singing! I am soo excited and that instantly calmed me down. She's going to sing Christmas hymns and carols. I contacted the college near by and one of the professors recommended her highly. She is a seasoned professional. I think she will make it just so special. My faux fur wrap from etsy came in yesterday and its gorgeous! Have a great day everyone! @marcy Thanks for the list tip, I'm going to start that and that should help.
Hugs to all.

Your post made my morning. I’m so excited for you! It’s all coming together. I will wish for a white wedding day for you too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina darn that you didn’t sleep well last night, hopefully you caught up with a nice nap on the plane. Safe travels.

@missy it is nice without worrying about what NN is going to do or say. That is wonderful you enjoyed riding in the snow and even better those warmers help keep you and Greg warm. I need some for work. You are welcome for my support. Love the pictures you took on your ride. Those dishes are ice cream look delicious. Cute pictures of Bobby and Tommy, I hope Tommy gets over his cold soon. Fred does look comfy and cozy and I am thrilled to hear he is eating. Big hugs to all of your sweet kitties.

@bling_dream19 I hope you get snow for your wedding but either way it will be awesome. I can see why you are getting excited. That musician sounds perfect for a Christmas wedding. I am glad you love your faux fur wrap; it sounds very elegant for your wedding. Things are coming together. That is awesome.

Not much new with me. I was busy at work all day but didn’t do hardly any of my normal work. Marty wanted to meet for supper so we had a nice, quiet dinner out. I did dishes when we got home and plan on just trying to stay warm this evening. I am so excited tomorrow is Friday.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Your post made my morning. I’m so excited for you! It’s all coming together. I will wish for a white wedding day for you too.

And your post made my day Missy! I keep your words in my head to enjoy each moment and savor this special time and I'm marrying my love.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results