shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy, hopefully these home-made toys will hold up to Oliver - and maybe the cat nip will quiet him down a bit too. I'm hoping he'll calm down once he has the run of the house again. And I hope you and Greg had a good ride if you ended up venturing out.

@Mamabean, glad you had a fun day with Jackson. I saw that ring on IG and was so attracted to it! It's really pretty and I can't wait to see it on your hand. I bought some cheap crystal drops for my hoops and I regret it now. I'm sure they're going to look cheap to match the price LOL. I really want genuine gemstones; talk about an impulse purchase, ugh.

@marcy, you were definitely on the go today. Sorry to hear you're expecting more snow. A night out at the movies sounds like fun and I hope you and Marty enjoyed it. And I'm glad you're feeling a little better. <3

@Scandinavian, what beautiful pictures! The snow looks so pretty and your furbabies really seem to love it.

@AV_, I'm glad you're enjoying a lull in your work and are getting some quiet time. Here's hoping the rain is finally ending. Best wishes for next week and I hope everything goes smoothly and you have safe travels.

@bling_dream19, I don't know much about boots but I think your new SW's look great on you!

@canuk-gal, strolling through Tiffany's sounds so enjoyable...I have always been in love with the Tiffany Soleste.

@Austina, your gifts for Kim sound lovely. Oh no to Colin missing his turkey dinner lol...ah well, he'll still have a great time. Good luck with the preparation for your trip. Packing is fun because it means you're going on vacation but it can be stressful too.

Thank you all for your caring comments about my brother's insomnia...he's been struggling with this for years and nothing really seems to help. I ended up not going to his place this week but will try for Monday.

Not much to report...dh had to go to his office in Philadelphia today so I went along to keep him company. We stopped on our way home for a light dinner and that's about it. DS is stopping by tomorrow for dinner and I'm looking forward to it. I feel like I haven't seen him in a while.

Wishing everyone a great day tomorrow!

Thanks junebug! Thinking about your brother. I hope you're doing well.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Wow @Scandanavan, the snow looks lovely, do the doggies have snowball feet when they come in? Our old boy used to have lots of snowballs all up his legs when he played in the snow, Dottie’s coat was different, so didn’t seem to accumulate snow. Hoping things are improving with your Mum and grandmother, and that your Mum is building up her strength for her next round of chemo.

I hope you’ve caught up on your sleep @Mamabean and had fun looking after Jackson. Your new zircon is lovely, beautiful, classic design.

Oh my goodness @marcy, I hope you didn’t get as much snow as predicted, that sounds brutal. I know you’re equipped to deal with it, but oy, that really sucks. Which film did you see?

I always used to make my own Christmas pudding @Daisys and Diamonds, and it was a microwave recipe that took 7 minutes. Colin’s Mum used to steam hers for hours, and truth be told, they were like lead poultices, and far too bitter for my taste :lol: I’ve actually bought one to take with us to Adam’s. Christmas isn’t Christmas without a nice pud.:lickout:

I hope you enjoyed visiting your brother today @junebug17 and that he’s doing well.

Sounds like the perfect day @canuk-gal, I’m going to try and watch White Christmas at the weekend as we won’t be here at Christmas and it’s one of my must see Christmas traditions.

It never rains but it pours @missy, I’m so sorry the dryer has gone kaput as well as the dishwasher. I hope you’ve managed to find out when they’ll be delivered. I seriously wonder what these insurance companies are taking your money for, because you’re certainly not getting what you’re paying for. How on earth can they justify not paying for drugs that you NEED? I’m so angry on your behalf. I know you’re going to be glad when this year is over, because I’m sure it must be the worst you’ve ever had.

Thanks @AV_, I try my best with Shirley, and do use distraction methods to stop her dwelling on negative things. She did start again yesterday saying she was a prisoner in her own home, but I steered the conversation in another direction, and our conversation wasn’t too bad after than.

We got a lot done this weekend, I’ve packed the cases and managed to get everything in, we’re taking so many Christmassy things for Kim and her family that the cases will weigh half as much once they’re out of them. :lol:

We went to our friends for dinner on Saturday night, the weather was absolutely foul and it was really foggy driving home.

Had a quick run to Costco this morning as it was non stop rain and we couldn’t really go out for a walk.

I forgot to post pictures of Kim’s presents, the sapphires have come out quite dark, but are actually a lot nicer IRL.

B6ED1488-0359-466B-BE6F-7BA3C5834453.jpeg D9F6CCB3-8EAA-4FE9-86FB-5BD4B25CEE60.jpeg

I hope I haven’t missed anyone, you’ve all been really chatty since Friday morning :D. The sauna’s heating up, so I’m going to get ready. :wavey:

Soo pretty! She will love the set. You are very kind and generous Austina.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone...been busy getting ready for Thanksgiving but wanted to check in...

@missy, I hope everything falls into place this week with your appointments. Thanks for the suggestions for my brother, I will talk to him about meditating. He exercises but doesn't always feel up to it so it's a vicious cycle.

@Scandinavian, thinking of your mother, And I hope she can build up her strength during this break. Thinking of you too, I know you have other responsibilities and worries. I agree that laughter is good medicine...but it's ok to cry sometimes too. Please be kind to yourself and take care.

@Austina, love the earrings and pendant you're giving Kim! I love them so much I wish they were mine LOL.

@Daisys and Diamonds, your pudding sounds delicious. So fun to hear about traditions in other countries. I hope it turns out well.

@marcy, glad you enjoyed the movie. Ugh to snow, be careful in that snow and ice. Working from home sounds like a good idea to me lol.

@AV_, night flights are tough. I hope you can get some sleep and are feeling better very soon.

@bling_dream19, thank you! I hope your wedding plans are going well.

I ended up not going to my brother's, he's still under the weather so we decided to get together after Thanksgiving. I invited him to Thanksgiving but he's not up to it and more comfortable at home.

Just the usual holiday prep going on here. DD isn't coming, she's going to her bf's. A little disappointed but it's ok, I realize this is going to happen sometimes and she'll be here in December.

Wishing everyone well! Take care all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will catch up properly later, but just wanted to put my Christmas pud recipe up, in case anyone wants to try it. It’s foolproof and always comes out absolutely delicious.

You will need for 2 large puddings :

8oz (200g) Fresh brown breadcrumbs
2oz (50g) plain flour
8oz (200g) shredded suet - I always use vegetarian
8oz (200g) soft brown sugar
8oz (200g) currants
8oz (200g) sultanas
8oz (200g) raisins
2oz (50g) mixed peel
2oz (50g) chopped almonds (optional)
8oz (200g) shredded peeled cooking apple
2 teaspoons ground mixed spice
1 lemon (Juice and rind)
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons black treacle
2 tablespoons brandy or sherry
Plus for microwave recipe, a quarter of a pint (125 mls) cold tea or stout.

Method :

Put all the dry ingredients in to a large bowl. Add the peeled, cored and grated apple, plus the juice and rind of the lemon.

Beat in the eggs, alcohol and the stout/tea. Line the basins with greaseproof paper. Divide the mixture in to the bowls, leaving a small gap at the top to allow for rising.

When they’ve cooled, add another layer of greaseproof paper and cover tightly.

I buy the mixed dried fruit, which includes the mixed peel and just make up the quantity that way. I also add cherries to mine and leave out the nuts.

A week before Christmas, I get a skewer and poke holes in the pudding then feed it every day with a capful of orange liqueur. :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@junebug17 I am sorry your brother isn't feeling well still and best you postpone visiting him til he is up for a visit plus it is flu season so better safe than sorry. I am sorry your DD won't be joining you for Thanksgiving and I understand your disappointment but it is nice that she is close to her bf's family. Maybe next year you can all enjoyThanksgiving together. Wouldn't that be lovely? It is a weird Thanksgiving for us. We have no plans on purpose but I know I will feel a sense of sadness that day as it is/was my favorite holiday. And I miss my family. But no worries about us we will be A OK. Just taking it all one day at a time and cannot look too far ahead. (((Hugs))) sweet Junie.

@bling_dream19 I love all the boots you decided to keep. How are things going? Any wedding updates? Where are you spending Thanksgiving I don't remember. ((((Hugs))).

t never rains but it pours @missy, I’m so sorry the dryer has gone kaput as well as the dishwasher. I hope you’ve managed to find out when they’ll be delivered. I seriously wonder what these insurance companies are taking your money for, because you’re certainly not getting what you’re paying for. How on earth can they justify not paying for drugs that you NEED? I’m so angry on your behalf. I know you’re going to be glad when this year is over, because I’m sure it must be the worst you’ve ever had.

Thanks @Austina, I appreciate your anger on my behalf. I don't even have energy to get angry like I used to lol and well not funny I know but I have to laugh or I would cry. Thankfully yesterday AM my endocrinologist got involved and called the insurance company himself and they overrode the rejection so today hopefully the pharmacy will have the correct meds in for me. I am cautiously optimistic but do not feel confident til I have the correct meds in my hands. There are a few manufacturers of this med but I can only tolerate one of the forms so hoping the pharmacy has that one in today. There are high odds it will get messed up so I am not feeling relief yet. Though I am relieved the insurance company approved it for now. They said we might have to do a PA next year but for now they said OK for this year.

What gorgeous bling you bought for Kim. I am seconding @canuk-gal 's sentiment that I wish we all had MILs like you. <3

That recipe looks yummy, thanks for sharing.

@canuk-gal oh that caramel sauce pudding sounds so delicious. I love pudding too. We are still cycling believe it or not as the weather is holding out though the days are crazy filled and hectic. I am happiest if we are cycling and Greg is making his best efforts to make that happen despite the stressful schedule. I hope you are enjoying mild temps and no snow! Sending it all @Scandinavian 's way. And sending you hugs and love Sharon.

@Scandinavian sending more hugs and healing vibes and love and hope your mom is doing as well as can be expected. Cancer SUCKS. She is lucky to have a loving supportive family and praying she does well.

@marcy oh no to snow and I am glad you have a plan to stay home and work from there should the snow be too much and IMO any snow is too much so just work from home and stay comfy cozy. Any work updates? Hoping for good news. And what a good DH Marty is to cook chicken alfredo for you last night. Sorry his client canceled but you definitely reaped the benefits.

@Daisys and Diamonds you are making me hungry with all that yummy food. I am so sorry Melanie is sick and I hope she takes a turn for the better. I hope you and Gary have a wonderful holiday even if it is just the 2 of you. Sometimes those are the very best holidays IMO. Sending you hugs across the miles and lots of good wishes.

@AV_ oh an overnight flight how interesting. Can you tell us where you went? Hope you are recovering and sleeping and that the rest of your week goes well.

@Slick1 Oy is all I can say and OMG. Kids aren't like they used to be. Sneaky little creatures that they are now. Hope that gets sorted out and keep telling yourself only one more day til holiday woohoo. Big hugs and lots of love and I hope you have a great rest of the school week and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for this year. Hugs.

@Mamabean hope all is well and your week is going smoothly. Sending you hugs.

We had a crazy hectic day yesterday. In a nutshell we cycled in between appointments and work and it was a beautiful weather day so I did not want to give up cycling. The dishwasher needs a part (we knew that but they insisted on sending a repairperson out before ordering) and that might come in next week sometime. The HVAC guy couldn't fix the upstairs humidifier so is coming back today late afternoon. Waiting to hear from the dryer company to see when our four hour delivery window is. We might be able to get Julio here if it is during my dental appt but not sure yet. It's all quite uncertain.

We just finished cleaning and disinfecting the house and Greg just shampooed Fred. We are off cycling soon but Greg has work calls later this afternoon that we need to get back for and also the HVAC guy. My endocrinologist managed to get the Rx pushed through my insurance company but until I have it in my hands I am not yet rejoicing. Everything is exhausting and on an ongoing basis at that. One day at a time. Just one day at a time. One hour at a time. Keep repeating that to myself. Try not looking too far ahead or I get very stressed.

A shot from yesterday as we had to take a moment for Greg to take care of a work matter.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.47.05 AM.png

And our ferals are always around. Very healthy looking knock wood.
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.47.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.49.13 AM.png

OK that's the synopsis of my day yesterday. Hope everyone has a lovely day today and perhaps I will see you later. (((Hugs))).

Sharing a recipe for Vegan Chocolate PB brownies. Yummmmmmmmm.

And this one looks so delicious. Wow.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies!

@junebug17 I am sorry your brother isn't feeling well still and best you postpone visiting him til he is up for a visit plus it is flu season so better safe than sorry. I am sorry your DD won't be joining you for Thanksgiving and I understand your disappointment but it is nice that she is close to her bf's family. Maybe next year you can all enjoyThanksgiving together. Wouldn't that be lovely? It is a weird Thanksgiving for us. We have no plans on purpose but I know I will feel a sense of sadness that day as it is/was my favorite holiday. And I miss my family. But no worries about us we will be A OK. Just taking it all one day at a time and cannot look too far ahead. (((Hugs))) sweet Junie.

@bling_dream19 I love all the boots you decided to keep. How are things going? Any wedding updates? Where are you spending Thanksgiving I don't remember. ((((Hugs))).

Thanks @Austina, I appreciate your anger on my behalf. I don't even have energy to get angry like I used to lol and well not funny I know but I have to laugh or I would cry. Thankfully yesterday AM my endocrinologist got involved and called the insurance company himself and they overrode the rejection so today hopefully the pharmacy will have the correct meds in for me. I am cautiously optimistic but do not feel confident til I have the correct meds in my hands. There are a few manufacturers of this med but I can only tolerate one of the forms so hoping the pharmacy has that one in today. There are high odds it will get messed up so I am not feeling relief yet. Though I am relieved the insurance company approved it for now. They said we might have to do a PA next year but for now they said OK for this year.

What gorgeous bling you bought for Kim. I am seconding @canuk-gal 's sentiment that I wish we all had MILs like you. <3

That recipe looks yummy, thanks for sharing.

@canuk-gal oh that caramel sauce pudding sounds so delicious. I love pudding too. We are still cycling believe it or not as the weather is holding out though the days are crazy filled and hectic. I am happiest if we are cycling and Greg is making his best efforts to make that happen despite the stressful schedule. I hope you are enjoying mild temps and no snow! Sending it all @Scandinavian 's way. And sending you hugs and love Sharon.

@Scandinavian sending more hugs and healing vibes and love and hope your mom is doing as well as can be expected. Cancer SUCKS. She is lucky to have a loving supportive family and praying she does well.

@marcy oh no to snow and I am glad you have a plan to stay home and work from there should the snow be too much and IMO any snow is too much so just work from home and stay comfy cozy. Any work updates? Hoping for good news. And what a good DH Marty is to cook chicken alfredo for you last night. Sorry his client canceled but you definitely reaped the benefits.

@Daisys and Diamonds you are making me hungry with all that yummy food. I am so sorry Melanie is sick and I hope she takes a turn for the better. I hope you and Gary have a wonderful holiday even if it is just the 2 of you. Sometimes those are the very best holidays IMO. Sending you hugs across the miles and lots of good wishes.

@AV_ oh an overnight flight how interesting. Can you tell us where you went? Hope you are recovering and sleeping and that the rest of your week goes well.

@Slick1 Oy is all I can say and OMG. Kids aren't like they used to be. Sneaky little creatures that they are now. Hope that gets sorted out and keep telling yourself only one more day til holiday woohoo. Big hugs and lots of love and I hope you have a great rest of the school week and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for this year. Hugs.

@Mamabean hope all is well and your week is going smoothly. Sending you hugs.

We had a crazy hectic day yesterday. In a nutshell we cycled in between appointments and work and it was a beautiful weather day so I did not want to give up cycling. The dishwasher needs a part (we knew that but they insisted on sending a repairperson out before ordering) and that might come in next week sometime. The HVAC guy couldn't fix the upstairs humidifier so is coming back today late afternoon. Waiting to hear from the dryer company to see when our four hour delivery window is. We might be able to get Julio here if it is during my dental appt but not sure yet. It's all quite uncertain.

We just finished cleaning and disinfecting the house and Greg just shampooed Fred. We are off cycling soon but Greg has work calls later this afternoon that we need to get back for and also the HVAC guy. My endocrinologist managed to get the Rx pushed through my insurance company but until I have it in my hands I am not yet rejoicing. Everything is exhausting and on an ongoing basis at that. One day at a time. Just one day at a time. One hour at a time. Keep repeating that to myself. Try not looking too far ahead or I get very stressed.

A shot from yesterday as we had to take a moment for Greg to take care of a work matter.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.47.05 AM.png

And our ferals are always around. Very healthy looking knock wood.
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.47.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.49.13 AM.png

OK that's the synopsis of my day yesterday. Hope everyone has a lovely day today and perhaps I will see you later. (((Hugs))).

Sharing a recipe for Vegan Chocolate PB brownies. Yummmmmmmmm.

And this one looks so delicious. Wow.

Missy - You are right, one hour at a time and 1 minute at a time. Getting stressed doesn't take anything away does it? I will be joining you in those thoughts. I hope the all appliances get fixed very soon.
Wedding plans are very much underway:kiss2:. This week, I plan to finish all the contracts - venue, photo, salon. I was quoted $3200 for photography and I am having a hard time paying that. I asked around at work and that seems to be the going rate. It just seems so high and my wedding is about 13 people. My financial advisor told me she had her guests take pictures and then she awarded the best picture with a gift card to the taker. I want my guests to relax and not "work." So I know I need to fork it up. This is the photographer the venue recommended, which means she knows it well and I am sure she will do a gorgeous job. I want easy and best quality, so I'm pretty sure I will with her. I dream of walking down the aisle to a harp and we are 3 weeks out ahh. I am making calls today to see if I can make happen. It's a lot going on - and work keeps getting in the way of having fun planning my wedding. I am hosting Thanksgiving. My parents will be here as they thought it would be easier on me not to travel. The good news is I get to stay put for once and it's forcing me to clean my house and organize properly. Then I can really enjoy packing and the other details before the wedding instead of cleaning. So pretty much every minute is filled up. Today, clean, work, phone calls, contracts, finish groceries, clean:lol: I will be channeling my inner Missy :wavey:
Oh and super happy note - my newly made pink sapphire eternity band came in last night! Will try and get some pics! It's much more comfortable than the first one, not scratchy like the first. It will be my Valentine's and summer band. So, I have my BG diamond band (what I will marry in), Costco 3mm plain platinum band, and 1.8mm pink sapphire eternity. I have 3 bands for sure and I'm not even married yet! And full disclosure - I have a 4th but I'm not sure if I'm keeping! It was on sale at Costco - it's very pretty and sparkly. I ordered it in white gold and I'm not sure how I like it with white gold against my platinum e-ring. It also sits slightly higher and leans in a little on my prongs. It wouldn't be an everyday band so I'm not too worried about the prongs. I wish I gotten the rose or yellow gold. It will probably be returned but it is very sparkly. Off to do stuff!! Have a terrific Tuesday and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry your brother isn’t well enough to visit for Thanksgiving @junebug17, hopefully he’ll be feeling better soon and you can get together then. Yes, you will get times when your children will be spending the holidays with their partner’s family. If we hadn’t changed our plans because of Dottie dying, we wouldn’t be seeing Adam and Kim this Christmas, as they came here last year.

Wow, that does sound like a lot of money for a photographer @bling_dream19, but if it’s the going rate, then I suppose you’ll have to pay it. You’ll have the photos forever, so well worth having the best. What a busy time you’ve got ahead of you. I’m glad your pink sapphire band is more comfortable, and it sounds like you’re building up a nice little collection.

I’m keeping everything crossed that you’ll get your meds @missy. I hope you had a lovely ride today and blew away some cobwebs. The weather there looks beautiful, I hope it was the same today. Rain, rain and more rain for us unfortunately. I’m hoping the HVAC was fixed today and that you’ve found out when the dryer is arriving. This has certainly been the most trying time for you both, and if you can get through this, you can cope with anything. Ollie is so gorgeous, it’s hard to believe he’s caused so much havoc in your lives.

The ferals are looking in fantastic condition, must be all that lovely food they’re getting at the kitty cafe! That little one looks like Junebug’s Zoe.

Thank you @canuk-gal I’m determined not to be like my late MIL. We’re genuinely thrilled that Kim is joining our family, she’s a lovely girl.

:lickout: @marcy, the chicken fettuccini sounds absolutely delicious. I hope the snow hasn’t been too bad there and you’re keeping safe and warm.

Hi @Daisys and Diamonds, we always just have flavoured cream with our Christmas pud, we’re usually so stuffed after our Christmas dinner, but we always managed to find a little extra room :lol:

Hi @Scandanavian, any news of your diamond and it’s pink tutu?

Busy here cleaning and getting ready for our trip - I know it’s over a week away before we leave, but I like to be organised :D

As we’re away, we’re not getting each other presents, but I got Colin a little reminder of Dottie.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out to NIRDI's from a snowy place...….

Busy day running around despite the lousy weather. My derm took off two suspicious moles....now the wait for that news....my annual check is never fun. Luckily, over the decades, I've only had one that needed wider margins taken...then clear.

I resisted buying something at my favorite jewellery place today while picking up my earring/repair. I WAS TEMPTED LOL. My DH told me to buy something but really I don't need anything but a DIF Tiffany 2 c diamond ring.

@junebug17 I hope your brother gets rid of his bug. Flu stinks. Sorry you'll miss your daughter at TG dinner; no doubt she'll be thinking of ya'll as well.

@marcy I think our snow is here to stay...do you have the same feeling where you are? I say no fair but really it is end of Nov in the Rockies.

@Scandinavian sending healthy and calm vibes across the kms

@missy happy you are still cycling! But not so happy for appliance and HVAC woes.....

My DH bought me bubbly, a balloon, and a Happy Birthday pin for my BD tomorrow. Gotta love the dollar store! (except for the champagne...LOL)

cheers--Shaorn

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I hope you get rested up. Where did you go?

Sharon, I am with you on snow. We are pretty buried here too.

Daisys and Diamonds, nice that Gary clean out the shower. And now lava cake sounds really good. I am glad Christmas pudding makes the day special for you and Gary. I like those quiet days on holidays. I had some leftover fettuccine for lunch. It wasn’t bad.

Bling Dream, you are going to be busy, busy, busy. IMO, paying for a good photographer is worth it; I realize everyone has a phone now and can take snap shots but having those professional shots to treasure over the years is priceless. Nice that you’ll be hosting Thanksgiving this year; with wedding plans it is good to be at home. Glad to hear your pink band turned out good. I have 4 wedding bands and I switch them out all the time.

Junebug, sorry to hear your brother doesn’t feel like coming to your place for Thanksgiving; that will be nice for you to visit him after the holiday. That is a drawback to kids growing up; they often have to split their holiday time between families. Hoping your Thanksgiving preparation is going well.

Austina, thanks for the recipe. How can it be bad with liquor? I think you’ll be a fabulous MIL. Mine is pretty nice but she can be on the snooty side. I will never forget when they were selling their home hear; she overheard a friend of mine say they were looking for a new house and my MIL said - we’ve got a house for sale but you probably couldn’t afford it. Sigh. Great key chain for Colin.

Missy, I am sorry you don’t have any plans for Thanksgiving but with RW gate going on you already have a lot to do every day. Hoping RW is behind you soon. That is great your doctor called the insurance company and yes I wouldn’t count on it until you have the medicine in your hand. I did stay home today. No work news; HR is setting on it. Time will tell. Good luck with your appliances. Glad you did get in a lovely ride yesterday. Sweet.

We got over a foot of snow; it’s hard to tell though since it drifted so much. I did stay home. Two of my employees worked from home and 3 of them went in for part of the day. Marty doesn’t know if he can take me in tomorrow because of clients the gym; I guess I’ll figure that out tomorrow. I’m not concerned about my car, just the other idiots on the road plus traipsing through snow to get in the door at work.

I have no idea what’s for supper. We had leftover fettuccine for lunch with some cold roast beef.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, good luck with the biopsies on those moles. I have 2 I need removed myself. I am with you - the snow is here to stay. I swear this is like December and January already. Nice that you resisted buying some jewelry. I was just emailing Vera at WF and we are both dreaming about our next projects.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
HI:

Shout out to NIRDI's from a snowy place...….

Busy day running around despite the lousy weather. My derm took off two suspicious moles....now the wait for that news....my annual check is never fun. Luckily, over the decades, I've only had one that needed wider margins taken...then clear.

I resisted buying something at my favorite jewellery place today while picking up my earring/repair. I WAS TEMPTED LOL. My DH told me to buy something but really I don't need anything but a DIF Tiffany 2 c diamond ring.

@junebug17 I hope your brother gets rid of his bug. Flu stinks. Sorry you'll miss your daughter at TG dinner; no doubt she'll be thinking of ya'll as well.

@marcy I think our snow is here to stay...do you have the same feeling where you are? I say no fair but really it is end of Nov in the Rockies.

@Scandinavian sending healthy and calm vibes across the kms

@missy happy you are still cycling! But not so happy for appliance and HVAC woes.....

My DH bought me bubbly, a balloon, and a Happy Birthday pin for my BD tomorrow. Gotta love the dollar store! (except for the champagne...LOL)

cheers--Shaorn

Oh happy birthday Sharon! Hope it's a great day for you hugs!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Sharon! Have a day tomorrow.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I hope you get rested up. Where did you go?

Sharon, I am with you on snow. We are pretty buried here too.

Daisys and Diamonds, nice that Gary clean out the shower. And now lava cake sounds really good. I am glad Christmas pudding makes the day special for you and Gary. I like those quiet days on holidays. I had some leftover fettuccine for lunch. It wasn’t bad.

Bling Dream, you are going to be busy, busy, busy. IMO, paying for a good photographer is worth it; I realize everyone has a phone now and can take snap shots but having those professional shots to treasure over the years is priceless. Nice that you’ll be hosting Thanksgiving this year; with wedding plans it is good to be at home. Glad to hear your pink band turned out good. I have 4 wedding bands and I switch them out all the time.

Junebug, sorry to hear your brother doesn’t feel like coming to your place for Thanksgiving; that will be nice for you to visit him after the holiday. That is a drawback to kids growing up; they often have to split their holiday time between families. Hoping your Thanksgiving preparation is going well.

Austina, thanks for the recipe. How can it be bad with liquor? I think you’ll be a fabulous MIL. Mine is pretty nice but she can be on the snooty side. I will never forget when they were selling their home hear; she overheard a friend of mine say they were looking for a new house and my MIL said - we’ve got a house for sale but you probably couldn’t afford it. Sigh. Great key chain for Colin.

Missy, I am sorry you don’t have any plans for Thanksgiving but with RW gate going on you already have a lot to do every day. Hoping RW is behind you soon. That is great your doctor called the insurance company and yes I wouldn’t count on it until you have the medicine in your hand. I did stay home today. No work news; HR is setting on it. Time will tell. Good luck with your appliances. Glad you did get in a lovely ride yesterday. Sweet.

We got over a foot of snow; it’s hard to tell though since it drifted so much. I did stay home. Two of my employees worked from home and 3 of them went in for part of the day. Marty doesn’t know if he can take me in tomorrow because of clients the gym; I guess I’ll figure that out tomorrow. I’m not concerned about my car, just the other idiots on the road plus traipsing through snow to get in the door at work.

I have no idea what’s for supper. We had leftover fettuccine for lunch with some cold roast beef.

Take care.
Marcy

Marcy, Thanks for the wishes and I think you're right on the photographer as its worth it. Ok I love that you have 4 bands! I would love to see them sometime but certainly no pressure. Your lunch sounds delicious. I love roast beef. Yay for getting to stay home for a cozy day, though working, but hopefully still fun. I'm making meat sauce for dinner, salad and I have some random chickpea pasta that I'm going to try. Glad to see you here and hugs to you. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will catch up properly later, but just wanted to put my Christmas pud recipe up, in case anyone wants to try it. It’s foolproof and always comes out absolutely delicious.

You will need for 2 large puddings :

8oz (200g) Fresh brown breadcrumbs
2oz (50g) plain flour
8oz (200g) shredded suet - I always use vegetarian
8oz (200g) soft brown sugar
8oz (200g) currants
8oz (200g) sultanas
8oz (200g) raisins
2oz (50g) mixed peel
2oz (50g) chopped almonds (optional)
8oz (200g) shredded peeled cooking apple
2 teaspoons ground mixed spice
1 lemon (Juice and rind)
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons black treacle
2 tablespoons brandy or sherry
Plus for microwave recipe, a quarter of a pint (125 mls) cold tea or stout.

Method :

Put all the dry ingredients in to a large bowl. Add the peeled, cored and grated apple, plus the juice and rind of the lemon.

Beat in the eggs, alcohol and the stout/tea. Line the basins with greaseproof paper. Divide the mixture in to the bowls, leaving a small gap at the top to allow for rising.

When they’ve cooled, add another layer of greaseproof paper and cover tightly.

I buy the mixed dried fruit, which includes the mixed peel and just make up the quantity that way. I also add cherries to mine and leave out the nuts.

A week before Christmas, I get a skewer and poke holes in the pudding then feed it every day with a capful of orange liqueur. :lickout:

yum
i think i have a bottle of tripple sec behind the cat food in the bottom of the pantry (a safer place in an earth quake - after the Christchurch earthquakes people needed alchol )

thank you Austina for your recepie as i don't have mum's one to look at

i have some questions before i make mine
can i use dried breadcrumbs ?
if not, why not (my 12 year old self is asking)
ive never seen suet in the shops and im pretty sure mum just used butter

if its made in the mircowave does it still keep ok ? you know how microwave cake is always old the next day ? does the extra liquid in the pudding compaired to a cake help?

what's a shredded apple ? heehee i guess that's a grated apple

im really hopping Christmas pudding is a bit like Christmas cake in that one can adapt the recepies to suite and kind of blend recepies together - i know that'd not always the case with baking but it world for Christmas cake

what is vegetarian suet made out of ? not that we would have that here - but im very suspicouse of soy products due to GM foods which are so frowned on here they are banned and cannot be imported as single ingrediants - but of course in especially products containing soy one has no idea what's in it and it is in some inported manufactured product by defult - sorry to vear off on a tangent

your recepie looks great for a family of Christmas pudding loving members, i have no idea how mum got through all the pudding she made because my sister and i didn't like them

meanwhile i have a chillie beef thing in the slow cooker today ...so pudding tomorrow

can i show you my recepie and tell me what you think ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy that's good the insurence company have come to the party
well done that doctor !
fingers crossed its the right one.
the feral kitties look happy
When Tibby was a stray he just looked hungry and unhappy
im sure in their own way the ferals are greatful to you and Greg for your kindness
that brownie recepie looks yummy
the flaxseed meal had me perplexed but i worked out its linseed in the food processor
....im a bit weary of our food processor as Gary brought it to make burley - the stinky stuff to lure fish (gross - when it was freshly made from safe ingrediants Tinky used to love it !) poo - don't forget that's in the car and leave it out in the hot sun.......that's when the fish go crazy for it

its still nice you can still have thanksgiving together, you, Greg and the kitties
young Master Oliver certainly has alot to be thankful for this year

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll answer your questions as best I can @Daisys and Diamonds

I’ve never tried it with dried breadcrumbs, because I’ve always had leftover crusts that I’ve just blitzed up. I’m not sure dried breadcrumbs would work as well because they would be finer, I’m assuming the fresh breadcrumbs add bulk to the recipe.

Vegetarian suet is the vegetarian alternative to beef suet (shredded fat :sick:) but I imagine you could use butter. I think it’s made from palm oil and other things.

As I’ve always made 2 puddings at a time, I’ve kept one for the following year, so yes, they keep really well as long as they’re sealed tightly and kept in a cool place.

The Christmas pudding is very moist, more moist than a Christmas fruit cake. If you show me your recipe, we can see the similarities and see if it’ll work. :D

Happy birthday @canuk-gal - have a lovely day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

Missy - You are right, one hour at a time and 1 minute at a time. Getting stressed doesn't take anything away does it? I will be joining you in those thoughts. I hope the all appliances get fixed very soon.
Wedding plans are very much underway:kiss2:. This week, I plan to finish all the contracts - venue, photo, salon. I was quoted $3200 for photography and I am having a hard time paying that. I asked around at work and that seems to be the going rate. It just seems so high and my wedding is about 13 people. My financial advisor told me she had her guests take pictures and then she awarded the best picture with a gift card to the taker. I want my guests to relax and not "work." So I know I need to fork it up. This is the photographer the venue recommended, which means she knows it well and I am sure she will do a gorgeous job. I want easy and best quality, so I'm pretty sure I will with her. I dream of walking down the aisle to a harp and we are 3 weeks out ahh. I am making calls today to see if I can make happen. It's a lot going on - and work keeps getting in the way of having fun planning my wedding. I am hosting Thanksgiving. My parents will be here as they thought it would be easier on me not to travel. The good news is I get to stay put for once and it's forcing me to clean my house and organize properly. Then I can really enjoy packing and the other details before the wedding instead of cleaning. So pretty much every minute is filled up. Today, clean, work, phone calls, contracts, finish groceries, clean:lol: I will be channeling my inner Missy :wavey:
Oh and super happy note - my newly made pink sapphire eternity band came in last night! Will try and get some pics! It's much more comfortable than the first one, not scratchy like the first. It will be my Valentine's and summer band. So, I have my BG diamond band (what I will marry in), Costco 3mm plain platinum band, and 1.8mm pink sapphire eternity. I have 3 bands for sure and I'm not even married yet! And full disclosure - I have a 4th but I'm not sure if I'm keeping! It was on sale at Costco - it's very pretty and sparkly. I ordered it in white gold and I'm not sure how I like it with white gold against my platinum e-ring. It also sits slightly higher and leans in a little on my prongs. It wouldn't be an everyday band so I'm not too worried about the prongs. I wish I gotten the rose or yellow gold. It will probably be returned but it is very sparkly. Off to do stuff!! Have a terrific Tuesday and hugs to all!

So many happy things happening and I am thrilled for you and your FI. I think you should just do the professional photography and chalk it up to cost of the wedding though you can have disposable cameras on the tables for fun and have your guests take fun pics and no worries about offering them a prize for the best one. That way they will just do it and have fun with it. For our wedding we didn't hire a professional but our friend who is a dentist who does photography as a hobby gave his photography to us as a wedding gift. It worked out well and he was unobtrusive which I liked because I didn't want a photographer in our faces but I am weird that way and we have no video of our wedding either as I didn't want a videographer. One recommendation I have is talk to the photographer's past clients and make sure they were happy with her work. Look at her past wedding albums. Just make sure. It's not something you can do over if you kwim.

Oooh yay for your pink sapphire band and yes please share pics. Your bling is gorgeous all 3 bands. I hope your dream of walking down the aisle with a harp playing comes true. XO.

Wow that's a lot of snow @marcy. I hope supper was yummy and I hope you stay home again today. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for all your good wishes.We got to ride yesterday but today too much on the schedule including dryer delivery and dentist. Oh well. It was a very good cycling season no complaints. Hope you have a lovely Wednesday and are home safe and comfy cozy. Hugs.

@AV_ good morning. Hope your week is going well and we are thinking of you. XO

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you dear girl. We all have lots to be grateful for this year despite challenges. No one is without challenges in life and I am just so thankful to have my dh on my team and we face all things together. Thank you for all your support and hope your kitties are well and hope Melanie and Gary are doing well and I am sending you hugs. Hope the recipes come out as yummy as they look. XO.

I’m keeping everything crossed that you’ll get your meds @missy. I hope you had a lovely ride today and blew away some cobwebs. The weather there looks beautiful, I hope it was the same today. Rain, rain and more rain for us unfortunately. I’m hoping the HVAC was fixed today and that you’ve found out when the dryer is arriving. This has certainly been the most trying time for you both, and if you can get through this, you can cope with anything. Ollie is so gorgeous, it’s hard to believe he’s caused so much havoc in your lives.

The ferals are looking in fantastic condition, must be all that lovely food they’re getting at the kitty cafe! That little one looks like Junebug’s Zoe.

Thank you @Austina. You're right. She does look a bit like Zoe. Love the gift you got Colin. I am sorry so much rain is in your weather and hope it clears up. Our humidifier is still broken. Not an urgent situation but I am getting a bit weary of repair people not being able to fix stuff. Hope your packing and trip planning is going well and a week away will be here before you know it. Sending you lots of hugs across the miles. XO.

@Slick1 happy pre thanksgiving and hugs to you and your family. Hope Chase has rallied and hope everyone is doing well. Keeping good thoughts for all upcoming proncdues. XO.

@Scandinavian hugs to you and your mom and hope she is doing OK. Continued bucketloads of healing dust being sent her way. Hugs.

Aww happy happy birthday dear Sharon. And yes we are still cycling (not today) but still nothing has been fixed. The HVAC guy couldn't figure out what is wrong with the upstairs humidifier so he is ordering a part and hoping that will work. So far this week nothing got fixed. Dishwasher still broken and Humidifier still not working and hoping the dryer is delivered today and that we are home tor receive it and that it works. LOL. Hope you have the best birthday! (((Hugs))).

happybirthdaytoyou.gif

We had a great day cycling yesterday and met up with Butch and cycled part of the way with him. It is so nice cycling with friends and I forgot to tell you we cycled with another friend last week. Gary who has a recumbent trick too. It was fun. Anyway here's a photo of us cycling with Butch. Well just a photo of Butch. Haha but you get the idea.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.16.51 AM.png

I didn't text Jimmy to open up for us as I just didn't want to bother him so we went to the Gelato place instead.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.17.22 AM.png

@bling_dream19 and @Daisys and Diamonds for you:
Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.17.09 AM.png

Today we won't be getting ice cream nor cycling because we have to be here for the delivery unless we take a chance. The delivery time frame is 11:15-3:15 so right in the middle of the day and this AM I have a dental appointment so really no time for cycling. I texted the delivery company to see if I could get a better idea and they said probably not til 2PM but they cannot promise so really not sure what we should do. I would hate to miss delivery but I also hate missing out on the last days of cycling. What a conundrum.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday. Hugs and love to all.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.17.47 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @canuk-gal a sweet short birthday poem for you.

Dearest Canuk Gal
NIRDI we adore
Wishing you the best birthday
All good things and more

You are a true jewel
A gem that is quite rare
No Cartier or Tiffany
could ever compare
When it comes to our Canuk gal
There is nothing more fair

Hugs, kisses and birthday wishes
From all your PS NIRDI sisters

XOXO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @canuk-gal a sweet short birthday poem for you.

Dearest Canuk Gal
NIRDI we adore
Wishing you the best birthday
All good things and more

You are a true jewel
A gem that is quite rare
No Cartier or Tiffany
could ever compare
When it comes to our Canuk gal
There is nothing more fair

Hugs, kisses and birthday wishes
From all your PS NIRDI sisters

XOXO

Oh my goodness! It is too early in the day for watery eyes! Thank you dear Missy--the heart and soul of the NIRDIs! :wavey: :))

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will not believe this! Now my grandmother is in the hospital with a heart problem.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will not believe this! Now my grandmother is in the hospital with a heart problem.

Oh no Scandi, I am sending bucketloads of dust your grandmother's way and lots of good thoughts. Praying she will be OK. Gentle hugs to you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no, I’m so sorry @Scandanavian, I hope your grandmother will be alright.

Hope you’re having a lovely birthday @canuk-gal and that your moles are nothing suspicious.

Good grief @marcy over a foot of snow :eek-2: I hope you could stay home today too. As you say, it’s not you being worried driving in it, it’s those that don’t know how to drive that’s the problem. Ooooo WF, what are you planning now?

Your weather looked perfect for cycling yesterday @missy. I hope you managed to get to your dental appt in without missing your delivery. Did the dentist have any idea why your gums are bleeding? Hopefully your new dryer is all hooked up and ready to go.

I don’t think I mentioned that a sealed unit in one of the windows in the orangery had blown, so I rang the company and they ordered a new one. The told us they’d come between 2-4pm today to fit it. While we were out shopping, we got a notification from our front camera, and could see a man ringing the doorbell. We got home shortly afterwards and the phone rang, and it was the fitter saying he was outside and could he fit the window now.

We’ve got our friends Sue & Rob coming for lunch tomorrow, so busy day cleaning and preparing.

Another horrible wet day her, it seems to have rained non stop for over a week, oy!

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian, I’m so sorry. I’m hoping this is something they can treat or fix fairly easily. Sending dust and prayers to you and your family. You have been hit with some really hard blows the past few months. You are always a very positive person. It is difficult trying to remain strong for all those around you, especially when you are afraid too. I think of you often and send dust to your family. I hope your mom does well with her treatments and things begin to get better and easier for her, you, and your family. Hugs Scandi, Love, Callie

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Belated Birthday Sharon! Sorry I missed it..:((
@Scandinavian Your poor grandma! You certainly have had your share of worries these past few months...I hope it resolves and it’s nothing too serious..Hugs..
I haven’t had a chance to catch up but hoping to do it later. I’m decorating my entry hall bling tree...I’ll take a pic tonight and put it in the Christmas thread if anyone is interested..haha...I’m also baking cherry and pumpkin pies. I’ll make the candied sweet potatoes later...
Have to watch for David’s bus with my furry sidekick..
Hugs to everyone!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI

@Scandinavian I am so sorry to hear of these ongoing medical woes! Stressful for sure--take care!!

kind regards--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday @canuk-gal! Hope you had a wonderful day! <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Bling Dream, your meat sauce and pasta sounds delicious. We don’t have pasta much anymore (Marty eats mostly protein) so it’s a real treat for me. I’ll gladly post some pictures of my bands. I wouldn’t mind buying more but I think 4 is enough.

Daisys and Diamonds, how did your chili beef turn out? Something warm sounds great to me right now. I think both Sharon and I have more than our share of snow right now. Problem with snow melting around here is it freezes again overnight making that delightfully slick ice again. Usually temperatures don’t get that much warmer that it melts fast. It’s dry here so it evaporates as well.

Austina, I am glad you explained some of your ingredients; I wasn’t sure of some of them myself. I’m always dreaming of my next WF project; I email or hear from Vera now and then so naturally we chat about our wish lists. I have a pair of 1 ctw ACA studs that I toy with putting in dangles but of course I’d want to get larger diamonds. I would have a 5 stone diamond and sapphire ring from them. I also occasionally think I want a new ring for my diamond. And the list goes on and on. I am glad to hear the window got fixed already. Enjoy lunch with your friends tomorrow. What is on the menu?

Missy, nice that you did get in a ride yesterday and got to ride with one of your friends. That gelato looks delicious. Great shot of the beach and ocean. I hope your dentist appointment went well and the dryer arrived on time. Great birthday poem for Sharon.

Sharon, I hope you are having a fabulous birthday.

Scandi, oh no. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending mega dust her way.

Callie, did our snow storm move your direction? We have another storm moving in Friday and then early next week. I saw a video online and then on TV today of some young boy shoveling snow in Colorado and he keeps kind of slipping and sliding and he finally just throws his shovel down and falls over in to the snow. That is pretty much what all of us feel like.

Mamabean, I will definitely go look for your tree in the Christmas thread. Mm cherry pie.

I did go to work today and luckily Marty was able to take me in to work. Our driveway was pretty drifted over; our snow removal crew didn’t show up until later today. We got up to the balmy teens today but at least it didn’t snow. Since it is a holiday weekend we could leave work 2 hours early today if we wanted to - no one had to ask me twice. I watched the clock all day. Ha Ha. I lifted when I got home and had a bowl of soup for supper. I decided I am still hungry though so I think I’ll toast an English muffin. Marty is still at the gym but should be home soon. I just watch a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

Take care.
Marcy

On the way to work this morning:

1574908774469.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results