shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy almost evening!
It was a busy crazy day as usual today...I did get my Shingrex shot today @missy I went to our usual CVS..but they were out and said the waiting list was a year and a half! My doctor’s office is also out and the waiting list is really long. I called a Giant pharmacy..that’s in another town...and they had it! Then when we got there they told me my insurance probably wouldn’t pay for it because it had CVS printed on the card. It would have cost $200...I was going to do it anyway...No way was I going to wait one and a half years! It turned out my insurance did pay. I only had to pay $20! So now I wait to see I get any reaction...I’m not worried though...
@Slick1 I must have missed your post where you are having trouble at work. I’ll go back and see if I can find it. You have a very stressful job to begin with...I hope it’s not people you work with. You can understand the children because they have special needs...but I know that’s tough..but if you have coworkers that are being difficult that’s really bad.
I realized I didn’t see all your photos from the wedding. I’m going to go check them out tonight. I think they were on IG?
@Calliecake Thank you for always asking me about Chris. I saw him today..He looks so good...I did help him with bills...He didn’t pay his rent from July...He has very little money...I was afraid they would evict him...I know you’re not supposed to fix things but he’s doing his part...and it wouldn’t hurt us so I ran it through my husband first to see if he had a problem with it...and he was fine with helping him because he’s trying to help himself...Chris is so intelligent...and has so much potential...He has an MBA but he was walking dogs so he could drink...I just hope that now he’s on medication for anxiety and under care that he can get this monster under control.
I’m so sorry you’ve had the loss of two aunts and another family member who lost their brother. It’s true when bad things happen they seem to happen all at once.
My mom does go to bingo twice a week...but she has had bad back pain so couldn’t go for a few weeks..I had to stay home to care for her..I took her to our doctor and told her my mom needs medication that she can safely take every day for her aches and pains. She’s now taking Gabapentin..and alternates with Tylenol. She was able to go to the center yesterday. It was great for both of us!
Gotta go make dinner...I’ll be back..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, oh no for several days of rain. Who knows if you’ll get in another bike ride here and there. It is hard to say how things would have worked out if Greg already had his knee surgery or waited until this winter.
What a very cool first memory of being an adorable flower girl at your aunt and uncle’s wedding. My first memory was goofing off rocking back and forth on the edge of a step and then falling and cracking my forehead open. I can still see it plus my mom freaking out and rushing me to the hospital. I started being a klutz rather young.
I didn’t pick up any Halloween candy this year. Last year we had so many it was ridiculous; that was a steady stream of cars dropping their kids off. I don’t mind handing out candy to the neighborhood kids but I wasn’t going to buy $100 worth of candy. We have always had something so we’ll see if our dark house survives the night. Ha Ha.
Yes busy days at work do go fast. NN did show up today but didn’t talk much.
We have about 6” of snow already and are getting up to 3” more. It’s COLD and icy.
Beautiful pictures from your outing and again gorgeous fall colors.

Kate, good luck getting all your doctors lined up in the Austin area. Sorry about your arthritis; mine is degenerative and I got it from the measles when I was in high school - third time I had them. I am sorry you have pain in your shoulders; it makes almost everything a painful process. Thank you about my weight lifting plan, I have to approach it as making sure it’s something I’ll stick with. If I hurt myself I won’t go back. I did lift 56 pounds today. Sweet. I hope you have many days where your jaw doesn’t hurt. Don’t worry about missing snow; I’ll send you some in Austin. I can’t promise it won’t be in an altered form when you get it though. NN is actually negative balance on vacation time but she is on FMLA so I leave that alone. She’s like a constant rock in my shoe. Sigh. I hope you have a nice walk with Sally.

Austina, wishing you peace on comfort in those sad times missing sweet Dottie. It is work to go through to clean out your stuff but nice to donate things. We donated a lot of Meals on Wheels and Habitat for Humanity when we were packing and also when cleaning out my parents house. Yes, those remote starts work great to cool off the car too. Marty was teasing me today about he could start his truck from Texas. My Porsche dealer told me Audi and Porsche won’t put them on their cars because they think they are too easy to bypass and make it easier to steal your car. Yes, it’s nice Marty has enough income to cover his costs at his gym. We ended up with about 6 inches of snow and will get more through tomorrow. I am sorry you are getting cold weather there. I was not ready for this cold of weather in Octobere. Right now is says it feels like -2 and is coming in at 3 degrees. You had a busy day. Good idea to take advantage of the saving on paint.

Junebug, thank you for the compliments on my flower photos. I doubt I’ll dig out any of my assorted cameras again since my new phone takes such great shots. I’m a fan. I was excited to add one more pound on lifting tonight. About 2 am when I wake up achy I won’t be so excited. Ha Ha. The wedding and associated dinner and brunch sound really nice and even better to have such gorgeous weather. Sounds like a perfect time for the newlyweds.

Mamabean, I hope you don’t get a reaction to your shot and good deal your insurance paid for most of your shot. Glad to hear Chris is looking good and that’s nice of you to help him with his rent. Good deal your mom got some meds to help with aches and pains. I hope enjoyed some you time today.

It was 4 degrees when I got up and didn’t get much above that all day. I was hoping to find a giant snow drift in the driveway when I opened my garage door; there was a drift but not high enough I couldn’t get through it. Darn! I did miss my chauffeur though. Roads were snow packed and icy but were better coming home tonight. It will be snowing through tomorrow and finally get a little bit above freezing on Thursday.

I lifted when I got home tonight and then had supper. Hopefully I can finish the book I’m reading tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 what a lovely weekend you enjoyed and such a nice way to spend the time. Love weddings and glad it was a happy occasion. Welcome back home and happy you arrived safely and hope you filled your fridge and cupboards with Costco supplies. Love Costco. Yum to your vegetable soup and hope it was yummy. Perfect for this kind of wet cool windy weather. Thank you for your continued good wishes and empathy. One day at a time. It truly is unreal.

@Tekate GOOD LUCK KATE THE GREAT today with your ID doctor!!! Sending you bucketloads of good luck dust and may you get happy news!!! Keeping you in my heart and my thoughts and you deserve good news girlie!!! Sending so much love and many hugs your way. And Amen to this:

Hey Missy, thank you for you words, but you know what? I attract warm, loving and kind people, so that is why you and I hit it off so well last year in Brooklyn, finding someone like ourselves.. xoxoxoxoxo etc. xoxoxoxoxo on and on.. :)

Yup I agree completely. Sometimes I attract the wrong kind of person (and they fool me initially) but inevitably I figure it out and then it's bye bye. And that only happened twice in my life. Interestingly enough within the same time frame. I learned that lesson and it will never happen again. With you Kate the great we will always be true blue friends. I know it in my heart. And lucky lucky me and lucky lucky us to have you in our lives Kate. XOXO.

@Austina thank you for getting the song and for listening. Yes heartbreaking and I get it completely. Too much heartache and sadness lately. There really are no words to adequately describe how we are feeling. I still feel a deep gut punch when I think about Francesca and how it all went down. And I appreciate a safe place to be able to share how I feel. I am always here for you too. There is no right or wrong way to grieve.

I am happy I was able to get you into OTK boots and enjoy wearing them Austina. Glad you enjoyed Costco and Pilates. 2 of my favorite things and hoping one day I can resume my Pilates Reformer. It's been way too long. I keep forgetting you are getting ready to sell the house. Wow 2 NIRDIs selling their homes. Lots of change and moves happening. All for happy reasons. Yay for happy times ahead.

@marcy omg to all that snow and cold. And wowza that's a lot of candy. We are going to buy some today I decided. I do not want to be empty handed if we do get trick or treaters and I feel bad keeping the house dark. If memory serves me correctly last time we had lots of candy on hand and no one came. That was our first Halloween here and the last time we spent Halloween here so who knows. Last year Greg saw Trick or Treaters on our security cameras at the beach house when we were back in NYC so will have candy just in case. I hope your chauffeur is returning soon so you don't have to navigate icy roads by yourself. Drive safely and let's hope NN keeps quiet today as well. Sweet you got to lift. Hope you enjoyed the book last night. Thanks for enjoying my photos and for all your continued good wishes. Right back at ya. XO.

@Mamabean glad the Shingles vaccine part 1 went well and that you were able to locate it too. I hate it when there are shortages of stuff we need to get. Glad Chris is doing well. Thank goodness. And haha glad your mom got to enjoy Bingo and you got some peace and quiet lol. May that continue.

@Slick1 hope the week is not crazy and going smoothly for you. XOXO

@Scandinavian I am relieved your mom got through the surgery but very anxious for you and her that they were not able to remove the complete pleura and am praying the pathology results come back with good news. And may chemo take care of any cancer left. Continued healing vibes and good thoughts being sent to all of you. And much love. Hang in there dear Scandi. You are never far from my thoughts.

@Daisys and Diamonds hope you are having a nice week. Hugs

@AV_ sending you love and hugs and hoping all is going well.

@canuk-gal how is the week going for you? No cycling for us as the rain continues. I am sad. And greedy since we did enjoy so much cycling. But it's hard being in the house with the kitties and what we are going through and not being able to cycle a bit at least to feel some freedom. I know you understand. I hope all is going well for you and hope your sister and mom are doing well too.

The day went quickly for me yesterday. Greg went to work (after he cleaned and shampooed Fred) and he was home before I was even ready lol. I got to catch up with a good friend B whose son had just moved to Tennessee. He was a NYC police officer for 20 years and now he joined the force in Tennessee. She is visiting him and his wife and kids next month. She also has 2 other kids, daughters. They are both married to NYC cops as well. Isn't that funny? And one has triplets and one has twins. Multiples run in their family. Cool. It was great catching up with her. And I also got to catch up with another good friend who was a former colleague and it's so nice to reconnect and make plans (in the future but we don't know when until RW gate is over). We need connections and I forgot how much I needed to talk to some people. It felt good.

My dad needs a pacemaker and he is old so I am concerned. He is having the surgery at Lenox Hill hospital next week. Please think good thoughts for him girls, thanks.

Today is another rainy day but Greg is working from home and we plan on escaping at some point to just get out of the house for a bit.

Hope everyone reading has a lovely day. XOXO. And @Tekate GOOD LUCK today!!!!!!

Leaving you with a photo from yesterday afternoon of my sister and my niece enjoying the season. Love them so much.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.24.35 AM.png

Oh and haha another great T.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.23.33 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

After some horrible days, it’s bright and sunny today, albeit cool. We’ve been out for a walk, but it’s just not the same without Dottie, watching her sniffing about and hunting for squirrels. I asked Colin if he misses Dottie more than the others, and he said that he does, as he wasn’t home full time when we had them.

@missy, I’m sorry your Dad needs surgery, and I know you’re all worried about that, but try to remember, the surgeons wouldn’t contemplate doing it if they didn’t think it was the right thing, or that it would be successful. I’ll be keeping you all in my thoughts and sending lots of positive vibes across the ocean. What a lovely photo of your sister and niece. How great to be able to catch up with your friend yesterday, and wow to the Police connection, although there’s definitely something about a man in uniform ;)2 Her daughters must really have their hands full with their multiple babies:eek-2: Great that Greg was back before you could miss him!

6’ of snow @marcy :shock: I hope your chauffeur gets back soon to ferry you around. It’s not how we drive that bothers me in bad weather conditions, but you can’t legislate for people driving as though the roads were clear. I did wonder if those remote starts on cars made them bigger targets for thieves, but I suppose if they’re in your garage or drive, you can keep an eye on them. Keep safe and warm, it’s definitely hot soup weather there.

Glad you managed to get your shingles shot @Mamabean, and that your son is looking better. You’re a great mother and keeping a roof over his head is one less stress that he’ll have to deal with, and make things easier for him to get his life back on track when he’s ready.

Keeping you in my thoughts @Scandinavian and sending good vibes to your Mum. Take care xx

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good Wednesday. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy My grandfather had the peacemaker surgery. It went very well, much better and faster recovery than we thought. And that was 20 years ago. So by now I’m sure they are even better. Tons of dust your way anyway, just in case. Please keep us posted. And hugs! To him and to you! Will try to write you all tonight.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy my MIL died in April 3 weeks before she turned 100.. she had a pacemaker placed in her chest 25 years ago at least. So that put my MIL in her mid 80s when she had the pacemaker implanted.. I send healing dust for your Dad.. and love to you :)

ETA: whoops forgot to add all about my Infectious Disease appt this morning. Well - So - :) the ID doctor comes and and asks for the story from the beginning. She tells me that she has been trying to get a report from my OS - the whole story and the only thing they sent was a CT of my jaw from last week. She went thru scenarios.. My OS did not do any biopsies, and he should have because she says to me: "I have no idea what antibiotic to prescribe, you were on Doxy for 6 months so that would have cured the Actinomyces bacteria, BUT my last biopsy, last summer not this one just passed, showed I had 2 different kinds of strep that may not have been cured by the doxy, sooo she said to go back on the Clindamycin for 6 weeks if I can stand it, let her know every week how I am doing, find a new ID asap in Austin and a new OS in Austin asap to keep up on this.. she said if I get diarrehea to stop immediately as Cindamycin is a big culprit in e-coli (which our @Slick1 has) she said it could cause serious problems even death at my age and she would hate for me to die of e-coli at 66 instead of infection that could have been controlled, so at this point I'm thinking OMG I knew this sucker was going to kill me, I even told my sister Gen right before she died that it would kill me, joking of course. She then told me that my OS feels TERRIBLE about this whole mess (that he created haha she didn't say THAT part).. and wishes me luck, success etc.. was tell the ID's nurse my whole story b4 ID doc came in and she told me to get a new OS pronto :) hahaha it's very boring and tiring I think..so I guess Austin may be a new start for this infection, I hope anyway..

I hope your Dad goes through the implantation process easily and quickly, I thought it was same day surgery since my best friend Kath in Austin has a dual one! a def-fib/pacemaker unit, 2 for the price of one she says, she's had hers going on 3 years and it works great. :) xoxoxo

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy ooooooh your 6inches of snow must be beautiful... I love snow and how quiet it can be outside. I'm also so glad that Marty can cover costs and he's your Uber driver and the guy who Lyfts you!! ;-) It's nice to read you added weight to your liftin, you know me gently add, since you have OA in your knee you can get it in your shoulder and while I think it's worse in knees or hips it can be a HUGE pain literally and figuratively :) have a wonderful day! xoxoxo (actually the work day is almost over here another hour or 2 for you I think).. drive carefully! sending a sunny day your way Marcy. :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls,
Sorry for typos and me-me-me. Thank you for reading the venting that I’m about to write over my hotel dinner, lol.
my mother is better today than yesterday. No signs of infections yet. That is good news, she always gets infections when she goes through major surgery. And sepsis is probably not a good idea at this particular time.
yesterday I tried to do some shopping in Copenhagen when I was waiting for her to get out of surgery.Turns out that New York is better for shopping than Copenhagen. Also LA. The north is small. Perhaps I should move to Alaska lol. At least the great open white should be larger there. But perhaps not the shopping opportunities lol but who knows.
Back to the point. Skip to avoid gross details. My mother’s surgery yesterday. As Missy said, they were unfortunately not able to remove the entire pleura, which is not good news at all I guess. They could Only remove about 85% of it because thecan see had made the “lung cavity” (probably the wrong word, sorry) shrink on the infected (right) side. They could not tell from the CT/PET scans, but it showed when they opened up. The ribs were closer on that side than on the other. I’m thinking perhaps it has happened after the last pics were taken. I don’t know. Or perhaps you compensate with muscles when awake. Either way. The pleura has kind of shrunk into the lung like heated plastic and not all could be removed. They considered removing the lung but had decided against it. Reason,part of the pleura that could not be removed was the part towards the abdominal area. And thus, removing a lung would probably not remove all the cancer cells. And therefore not a good plan.
Going to post now so I don’t lose the post lol. But see you in 5 min!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again!
No interesting clothes stores. But did wander into a high security jewellery store by accident lol. Pink argyle diamonds. Lots of them. Horrible picture but wonderful diamonds! Might be nice for a halo... ?
BDD875F5-2851-477D-B55F-EC2BC134EF1C.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Scandinavian: heart felt healing/calming/hope vibes across the miles; you are all navigating rough waters. Pain free vibes to your Mother.

@Tekate ...no no no to wanting snow! @marcy and I are beleaguered...and it isn't even Halloween! LOL:bigsmile:

Brisk ride today, 7 C but no wind. Dressed well and felt energized. The fix on my old bike (and air in tires....who knew?) made things a lot faster. Only needed one kleenex today (@missy LOL). Pro tip to myself next year, fill tires weekly? Doh. No wonder my glutes are firm. (too bad my head is soft.....) hheehheeeee

@Austina our furry companions take up a lot of space in our hearts. Wes lubs thems forever.

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry your father needs a pacemaker and I will be keeping him in my thoughts and hoping the surgery goes smoothly next week. I'm sure he's in good hands and the doctors must feel confident it will help him. It's great that you caught up with 2 of your friends and it lifted your spirits. Very sweet pic of your sister and niece. And LOL to the shirt!

@canuk-gal, glad the fix (and air!) made your bike faster. I hope the weather holds up for you.

@Mamabean, so happy to hear the positive update about Chris. And thanks to you he won't have the worry of figuring out where to live and he can focus on his recovery. And yay to your mother heading back to Bingo Lol. I hope you tolerate the shot well.

@marcy, ugh to the cold and snow - too early for this nonsense! Stay warm and be safe.

@Austina, sending hugs and comfort...I know you really enjoyed your walks with Dottie. I understand that empty and lonely feeling.

@Tekate, I'm sorry to hear you have to take antibiotics, and just sorry you have to deal with all of this. I'm hoping your new doctors in Texas can get a handle on this for you. (((hugs)))

@Scandinavian, I'm so sorry the surgery didn't go as expected and I'm sending your mother tons of healing vibes and hoping for the best. Glad to read there's no sign of infection. It's good you got out for a little shopping. That ring is fabulous...love those pink diamonds. Take care, I know this is so hard on you. XOX

Absolutely nothing new here...went to the gym and did some housecleaning. I did talk to dd today and she sounded better and more upbeat.

Hope everyone has a good evening! XXX

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, sending mega dust to your father’s surgery next week. That is scary. How nice to catch up with some friends today. I totally get picking up some candy. I might crack tomorrow as well. I’ll feel bad if I don’t have something. Marty would gladly hand out teddy bears. Speaking of bears that was an awesome one you found for me today. He’s bigger than you! I did finish my book last night. I downloaded 2 more to read next. Love the picture of your beautiful sister and niece. That t-shirt is perfect. That is something about your friend and her daughters being married to policemen and having triplets and twins in their families. Small world there.

Austina, I am glad your weather improved even though it’s cold. Sorry you walk brought back some sad thoughts missing Dottie. I’m with you on worrying about those people who drive like the roads are perfectly clear and dry; then there are the ones that seem too afraid to be out on the road and creep along. Both of them are hazards. That is exactly why Audi and Porsche won’t put on remote starts they make them easier to steal.

Kate, what an eye opening appointment you had with you ID doctor today. I think it’s good to be thorough and cautious; hoping you can tolerate the medicine and get it taken care of soon. I am always amazed at how quiet things are when we get a lot of snow. My parents had a cabin in the mountain and it was so still up there in the winter. We ended up with 8 inches of snow and it is pretty but since the sun was out today we now have solid ice under everything. Our high today was 20 degrees and tomorrow it might eek by the freezing point. Marty told me to get this crap taken care of before he gets home. Yes old Arthur is a pain literally and figuratively. I have it in my fingers, thumb joint and somewhat in my shoulders but not bad there.

Scandi, I am sending you and your mom mega dust; my thoughts are with you. Sending your mom comforting and healing vibes. Glad you got to do some shopping; that ring is pretty awesome.

Sharon, I said the same thing today about our weather - it’s not even Halloween yet. This is like December weather. You are a trooper though going for a ride in such brisk temperatures. No wind does help. Who knew air in your tires made such a difference.

Junebug, i am glad to hear your DD sounds better and more upbeat today. I thought of doing some house work tonight but decided to do a load of laundry instead.

Not much new with me. Work was busy. I picked up a sandwich on the way home for supper, put on my fleece robe as soon as I got home and chatted some with Marty. The thrill-o-meter didn’t show much activity.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 Thank you asking about Chris and sharing in my joy that my mom went to Bingo Monday..Hahaha! It was blissful with a quiet house.
Did you ever find any drops for your hoops? I’ve been looking pretty much every day. I don’t want to spend a fortune..I just think they would be cute to wear.
It sounds like a great time at the wedding. I get very nostalgic when I see young people marry. I remember being that young. I can’t believe how fast time passes.
@missy I hope you had a good day today with your kitties. When will you get the results? I think you said three weeks?
I had to bring Bailey to the vet today. He’s been having D and I can’t get him back on his regular food. The vet said he isn’t absorbing protein as he should so we have to keep an eye on it. I have to keep him on the prescription wet food for a few weeks with a different probiotic and Metronidazole. He takes so many meds as it is..
I took a pic of the resident kitty at the office today just for you. The office is like a scene from Dr. Doolittle..
2843DAF7-6563-45DE-8043-5007151B1079.jpeg
I hope your dad has a smooth operation..My dad had it done a long time ago..It was a miracle for him and very effective. The surgery was quick and he recovered quickly. I wish the same for your dad. I know you’re worried but that hospital is top notch. I’m sure they’ll take good care of him.
I’m driving to Maryland tomorrow. I have to get the irrigation system winterized and the heating system checked. It’s supposed to rain pretty hard so I’ll take a different route. I started taking the Francis Scott Key Bridge. It cuts down the traffic from Baltimore..but I’m not driving that bridge in the rain...

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy, I'm sorry your father needs a pacemaker and I will be keeping him in my thoughts and hoping the surgery goes smoothly next week. I'm sure he's in good hands and the doctors must feel confident it will help him. It's great that you caught up with 2 of your friends and it lifted your spirits. Very sweet pic of your sister and niece. And LOL to the shirt!

@canuk-gal, glad the fix (and air!) made your bike faster. I hope the weather holds up for you.

@Mamabean, so happy to hear the positive update about Chris. And thanks to you he won't have the worry of figuring out where to live and he can focus on his recovery. And yay to your mother heading back to Bingo Lol. I hope you tolerate the shot well.

@marcy, ugh to the cold and snow - too early for this nonsense! Stay warm and be safe.

@Austina, sending hugs and comfort...I know you really enjoyed your walks with Dottie. I understand that empty and lonely feeling.

@Tekate, I'm sorry to hear you have to take antibiotics, and just sorry you have to deal with all of this. I'm hoping your new doctors in Texas can get a handle on this for you. (((hugs)))

@Scandinavian, I'm so sorry the surgery didn't go as expected and I'm sending your mother tons of healing vibes and hoping for the best. Glad to read there's no sign of infection. It's good you got out for a little shopping. That ring is fabulous...love those pink diamonds. Take care, I know this is so hard on you. XOX

Absolutely nothing new here...went to the gym and did some housecleaning. I did talk to dd today and she sounded better and more upbeat.

Hope everyone has a good evening! XXX

That's great your DD is sounding better junebug. I am sure you help her so much. You are just awesome and you have so much kindness and wisdom and you are calming. Hugs.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian , Sending get well dust and prayers to your mom and hoping the chemo goes smoothly and she can get back to living her life and having fun with her grandchildren. It great news that there is no infection. Keep positive thoughts Scandi. You have a lot of people praying for your mom and your family. Hugs and venting is good.

@Tekate, Hopefully the new doctors will get to the bottom of what type infection this is and cure this infection for good. You have been thru the ringer the past month. What is Autie going to be for Halloween? My little niece can’t wait to wear her sleeping beauty costume tomorrow.

@Mamabean, Its great to hear the good news that Chris is doing well. I’m sure it helps him to know he has people in his corner as he goes thru recovery. Are you doing ok? I helped more than I probably should have when my family member was going thru this. I’m glad your mom is well enough to go to Bingo and you are getting a break even if it’s only for a few hours. I hope you are feeling well after the shingles vaccine. My husband and BIL had mild symptoms after the second shot. They only lasted a day.

@missy , I’m sorry to hear your dad needs to have surgery. Please try not to worry. Your dad is in great shape and pacemakers are pretty common now. DH’s grandmother had one 20 years ago in her late 80’s and she lived to be 100.

@junebug17, I sounds like you had a good time at the wedding and the brunch. It sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I’m glad your DD is feeling better.

@Austina, I’m sorry you have been feeling down. Is there anything we can do to help you?

@Slick1, I hope you are having a better time at work this week.

@marcy , I was complaining that we had an inch of snow then I read your post. Do you usually get this much snow this time of year? Please be careful driving. it’s much nicer when your chauffeur is available to bring to work. Is this a short trip for Marty? It sounds like his gym business is doing really well.

@canuk-gal, Aren’t you freezing when your cycle now?

@bling_dream, Did you find any boots you like?

Thank you for the kind comments regarding my aunts. Not a whole lot new happening here. We went to see Downton Abbey yesterday. Woke up to snow this morning. I doubt we will have many trick or treaters tomorrow which is probably a good thing since I’ve been eating the Hersey bars. It’s cold here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies! Happy Halloween. It's my mom's birthday today. She's a Halloween baby.

@junebug17 I am glad your DD is doing better and that you got to go to the gym and clean the house too. Hope you have a good Halloween. Do you get many trick or treaters? Hugs.

@marcy haha thank you for hanging out with me yesterday and I am so glad you enjoyed the Teddy bear I got just for you. Glad you enjoyed the book and dowloaded 2 more. If we lived closer to each other I would want to be in a book club with you. It would be so much fun. Thank you for always enjoying my photos. I love sharing them with you. Hope your snow has slowed down by now and that the temps are warming up. 9 degrees is not warm in my book but I suppose it's all relative lol. Safe arrival to Mr Marty today and hope you don't get so many trick or treaters as in past years. That's crazy how much candy you go through and it isn't right that parents drive kids to your area just to load up on the candy. They're not your neighbors. Boo to them. Speaking of Boo hope NN behaves herself today. Have a good day and hope it's filled with treats and not tricks. XO

@Austina you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for your lovely comments in the amazing thread. (((Hugs))). Yes there is something special about a man in uniform. But I prefer Fireman uniforms. Something about police officers scare me lol. And I am not even a criminal. Go figure. Haha. I even went out with a cop once in my early twenties. A good friend's dh insisted on fixing me up with his best friend who was a police officer. What an arrogant kid that cop was. OMG. But he was young and perhaps he has mellowed out now. Or perhaps not. One date with him was enough. I don't think you guys celebrate Halloween do you Austina? Hope your day is a good one and sending you warm hugs. Hope you have sunny weather again today.

@Tekate dear Kate the great how are you feeling? I am sorry your doctor didn't do the biopsies he should have and it is so frustrating. I hope your ID doctor can make this right for you and make you whole again and feeling 100% better and well. Keeping good thoughts for you and sending lots of positive energy and healing dust your way dear sweet great kate. And big (((HUGS))) from me and Greg and lots and lots of love.

@Scandinavian continuing good luck dust and healing vibes to your mom and hugs to you. Love the pink diamonds. Ooh la la.

@Mamabean oh that resident kitty looks just like Tommy! Eerie. So glad Chris is doing well and hope you are feeling well. Take care of yourself please. You do so much for your family. XO Hoping Bailey is A OK dear Joanne and keeping good thoughts for you and your sweet kitty. Please drive safely today. I worry about you driving in the inclement weather. The culture results depends on if it's positive or negative. Positive can be now til 3 weeks. If Negative we won't know for 3-4 weeks. As in no fungal growth for 3-4 weeks and then we are Ok. But if fungus is present it can grow from now til 3-4 weeks. It's a torturous wait for sure and I am very nervous. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 how is your week going? What are your halloween day/night plans? I miss having Halloween parties to go to. I love costume parties. Hope you are having a smooth week. Hugs.

Brisk ride today, 7 C but no wind. Dressed well and felt energized. The fix on my old bike (and air in tires....who knew?) made things a lot faster. Only needed one kleenex today (@missy LOL). Pro tip to myself next year, fill tires weekly? Doh. No wonder my glutes are firm. (too bad my head is soft.....) hheehheeeee

@canuk-gal Ooh that's so great Sharon! I am really happy you got to ride and yes when well dressed and warm enough riding is energizing in the brisker temps for sure. Yup need the kleenex on hand in the cooler temps (my nose is a faucet when it gets cold lol). And yes keep those tires filled. Haha yes you do have firm glutes. You rock @canuk-gal !!! And your heart is soft and warm while your glutes are firm and round and your head is just right! Hugs and enjoy this lovely Thursday for the both of us. Raining by us again today. Oh well. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 how does Halloween work in school? Do you guys have a party? My sister had something at my youngest niece's school the other day and I just wonder what other schools do. I used to love this holiday but now eh not so much. It would be fun to dress up though so if you do dress up enjoy. And hugs to you my dear friend.

@AV_ thinking of you and sending lots of hugs and love your way. XOXO.

@Calliecake glad you enjoyed Downton Abbey. Have a good Halloween and enjoy the candy.

Thank you all for your kind wishes for my dad. He's 85 (or 86? I forget) and not in the best of health so yeah we are concerned but hoping for the best. I know it isn't a difficult procedure under most circumstances though he is of an advanced age and does have health issues but putting trust in the surgeon and hospital and hoping it goes smoothly. My mom also needs a procedure because she has A Fib and yesterday she told me all the women in our family died at around age 75/76 from heart disease. Wow, I never knew that and when my doctors asked about heart disease in the family I said we had none because I swear that is what my mom told me in the past. Now the truth comes out. OK well anyway hoping her A Fib can be helped as she is super stubborn and ignoring it for now against the doctor's recommendations. What can you do. My mom is the most stubborn person I know.

We had a good day yesterday despite the rain which is continuing today for a 3rd day in a row. Beats snow though so no complaints.

Sharing a photo of my oldest niece. She is a lovely young lady. And goes to show we can enjoy the Halloween pumpkin season no matter the age.

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 6.23.01 AM.png

and lastly sharing the Teddy Bear I "gave" Marcy yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 6.25.08 AM.png

Today is shampoo day for Tommy, Bobby and Oliver as Fred had his shampoo on Tuesday. Doing Fred twice a week and the others once a week.

Happy autumn and happy Halloween and happy birthday to my mom. Hugs to all the lovely ladies here. XOXO.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good late morning!

No news here & no news is good news, @junebug17 . I've started too early, so now is lunch break; a neighbour must be enjoying his smoke:

20191031_094451.jpg

@Scandinavian I hope the medical news are not bad, but I do not understand what such details imply... The pink diamonds look perfect; I can see a rose cut instead of the step, because Taffin does them.

@missy I am stubborn like your mother, maybe, ever let doctors do the less than the least.

will catch up

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian , Sending get well dust and prayers to your mom and hoping the chemo goes smoothly and she can get back to living her life and having fun with her grandchildren. It great news that there is no infection. Keep positive thoughts Scandi. You have a lot of people praying for your mom and your family. Hugs and venting is good.

@Tekate, Hopefully the new doctors will get to the bottom of what type infection this is and cure this infection for good. You have been thru the ringer the past month. What is Autie going to be for Halloween? My little niece can’t wait to wear her sleeping beauty costume tomorrow.

@Mamabean, Its great to hear the good news that Chris is doing well. I’m sure it helps him to know he has people in his corner as he goes thru recovery. Are you doing ok? I helped more than I probably should have when my family member was going thru this. I’m glad your mom is well enough to go to Bingo and you are getting a break even if it’s only for a few hours. I hope you are feeling well after the shingles vaccine. My husband and BIL had mild symptoms after the second shot. They only lasted a day.

@missy , I’m sorry to hear your dad needs to have surgery. Please try not to worry. Your dad is in great shape and pacemakers are pretty common now. DH’s grandmother had one 20 years ago in her late 80’s and she lived to be 100.

@junebug17, I sounds like you had a good time at the wedding and the brunch. It sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I’m glad your DD is feeling better.

@Austina, I’m sorry you have been feeling down. Is there anything we can do to help you?

@Slick1, I hope you are having a better time at work this week.

@marcy , I was complaining that we had an inch of snow then I read your post. Do you usually get this much snow this time of year? Please be careful driving. it’s much nicer when your chauffeur is available to bring to work. Is this a short trip for Marty? It sounds like his gym business is doing really well.

@canuk-gal, Aren’t you freezing when your cycle now?

@bling_dream, Did you find any boots you like?

Thank you for the kind comments regarding my aunts. Not a whole lot new happening here. We went to see Downton Abbey yesterday. Woke up to snow this morning. I doubt we will have many trick or treaters tomorrow which is probably a good thing since I’ve been eating the Hersey bars. It’s cold here.

@Calliecake no boots yet, haven't tried since first attempt butam going to try again. Thanks for the shout out and I hope you have a great Halloween and yum to Hershey bars.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom and Dad the other day. They seem so vulnerable.

momanddadoctober2019.jpg

@bling_dream19 what is your favorite candy? Mine is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups then Butterfinger and Kit Kat and Milky Way...oooh I am getting hungry for candy lol. And nooooo. Darn gluten. Though they make gluten free candy I have not yet seen it in the stores we go to.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Good morning lovely ladies! Happy Halloween. It's my mom's birthday today. She's a Halloween baby.

@junebug17 I am glad your DD is doing better and that you got to go to the gym and clean the house too. Hope you have a good Halloween. Do you get many trick or treaters? Hugs.

@marcy haha thank you for hanging out with me yesterday and I am so glad you enjoyed the Teddy bear I got just for you. Glad you enjoyed the book and dowloaded 2 more. If we lived closer to each other I would want to be in a book club with you. It would be so much fun. Thank you for always enjoying my photos. I love sharing them with you. Hope your snow has slowed down by now and that the temps are warming up. 9 degrees is not warm in my book but I suppose it's all relative lol. Safe arrival to Mr Marty today and hope you don't get so many trick or treaters as in past years. That's crazy how much candy you go through and it isn't right that parents drive kids to your area just to load up on the candy. They're not your neighbors. Boo to them. Speaking of Boo hope NN behaves herself today. Have a good day and hope it's filled with treats and not tricks. XO

@Austina you are such a sweetheart. Thank you for your lovely comments in the amazing thread. (((Hugs))). Yes there is something special about a man in uniform. But I prefer Fireman uniforms. Something about police officers scare me lol. And I am not even a criminal. Go figure. Haha. I even went out with a cop once in my early twenties. A good friend's dh insisted on fixing me up with his best friend who was a police officer. What an arrogant kid that cop was. OMG. But he was young and perhaps he has mellowed out now. Or perhaps not. One date with him was enough. I don't think you guys celebrate Halloween do you Austina? Hope your day is a good one and sending you warm hugs. Hope you have sunny weather again today.

@Tekate dear Kate the great how are you feeling? I am sorry your doctor didn't do the biopsies he should have and it is so frustrating. I hope your ID doctor can make this right for you and make you whole again and feeling 100% better and well. Keeping good thoughts for you and sending lots of positive energy and healing dust your way dear sweet great kate. And big (((HUGS))) from me and Greg and lots and lots of love.

@Scandinavian continuing good luck dust and healing vibes to your mom and hugs to you. Love the pink diamonds. Ooh la la.

@Mamabean oh that resident kitty looks just like Tommy! Eerie. So glad Chris is doing well and hope you are feeling well. Take care of yourself please. You do so much for your family. XO Hoping Bailey is A OK dear Joanne and keeping good thoughts for you and your sweet kitty. Please drive safely today. I worry about you driving in the inclement weather. The culture results depends on if it's positive or negative. Positive can be now til 3 weeks. If Negative we won't know for 3-4 weeks. As in no fungal growth for 3-4 weeks and then we are Ok. But if fungus is present it can grow from now til 3-4 weeks. It's a torturous wait for sure and I am very nervous. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 how is your week going? What are your halloween day/night plans? I miss having Halloween parties to go to. I love costume parties. Hope you are having a smooth week. Hugs.

@canuk-gal Ooh that's so great Sharon! I am really happy you got to ride and yes when well dressed and warm enough riding is energizing in the brisker temps for sure. Yup need the kleenex on hand in the cooler temps (my nose is a faucet when it gets cold lol). And yes keep those tires filled. Haha yes you do have firm glutes. You rock @canuk-gal !!! And your heart is soft and warm while your glutes are firm and round and your head is just right! Hugs and enjoy this lovely Thursday for the both of us. Raining by us again today. Oh well. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 how does Halloween work in school? Do you guys have a party? My sister had something at my youngest niece's school the other day and I just wonder what other schools do. I used to love this holiday but now eh not so much. It would be fun to dress up though so if you do dress up enjoy. And hugs to you my dear friend.

@AV_ thinking of you and sending lots of hugs and love your way. XOXO.

@Calliecake glad you enjoyed Downton Abbey. Have a good Halloween and enjoy the candy.

Thank you all for your kind wishes for my dad. He's 85 (or 86? I forget) and not in the best of health so yeah we are concerned but hoping for the best. I know it isn't a difficult procedure under most circumstances though he is of an advanced age and does have health issues but putting trust in the surgeon and hospital and hoping it goes smoothly. My mom also needs a procedure because she has A Fib and yesterday she told me all the women in our family died at around age 75/76 from heart disease. Wow, I never knew that and when my doctors asked about heart disease in the family I said we had none because I swear that is what my mom told me in the past. Now the truth comes out. OK well anyway hoping her A Fib can be helped as she is super stubborn and ignoring it for now against the doctor's recommendations. What can you do. My mom is the most stubborn person I know.

We had a good day yesterday despite the rain which is continuing today for a 3rd day in a row. Beats snow though so no complaints.

Sharing a photo of my oldest niece. She is a lovely young lady. And goes to show we can enjoy the Halloween pumpkin season no matter the age.

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 6.23.01 AM.png

and lastly sharing the Teddy Bear I "gave" Marcy yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 6.25.08 AM.png

Today is shampoo day for Tommy, Bobby and Oliver as Fred had his shampoo on Tuesday. Doing Fred twice a week and the others once a week.

Happy autumn and happy Halloween and happy birthday to my mom. Hugs to all the lovely ladies here. XOXO.

Hi everyone! Oh happy birthday to your mom @missy! I'm sure you all had many wonderful Halloween birthday party combinations growing up! Been thinking about your dad and upcoming pacemaker operation, I would feel same as you, scared about the process of an operation but it is life extending for sure. And he's going to the best of the best. I hope you all and Greg and have a great Halloween and lots of fun! I'm coming home from work early to pass out candy. I love seeing the little ones dressed up. I made some white bean soup on Tuesday so that will taste good tonight. I love that teddy bear too! Perfect for Marcy! Have a Happy Halloween to all!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Mom and Dad the other day. They seem so vulnerable.

momanddadoctober2019.jpg

@bling_dream19 what is your favorite candy? Mine is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups then Butterfinger and Kit Kat and Milky Way...oooh I am getting hungry for candy lol. And nooooo. Darn gluten. Though they make gluten free candy I have not yet seen it in the stores we go to.
Hi Missy I love reese's pb cups too and i think they are gf. I know theres a list out there. I also love Snickers and I think those are gf. We got the full size bars so we are going to be THAT house, that has the full size bars lol. I've always wanted to do that and they were on sale at Costco! 30 bars, well probably 28, are what we have in full size. Then I got a bag of mini candies that are not my fave to pass out if we get more than 28. Heading off to work hugs to you girl!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy I love reese's pb cups too and i think they are gf. I know theres a list out there. I also love Snickers and I think those are gf. We got the full size bars so we are going to be THAT house, that has the full size bars lol. I've always wanted to do that and they were on sale at Costco! 30 bars, well probably 28, are what we have in full size. Then I got a bag of mini candies that are not my fave to pass out if we get more than 28. Heading off to work hugs to you girl!

Oh I missed that! I looked for a big bag of full size candy bars at Costco yesterday and there were none. Wonder if they ran out? THat's why I got the snack size. Oh well. It's many lbs of snack size so will hand out a good number to each trick or treater. Don't want any left if you kwim! LOL. Though Greg already had a few Butterfinger bars last night. Naughty boy. :naughty: :cheeky:

Have a great day at work @bling_dream19 and have fun handing out candy this afternoon and tonight!

@AV_ do you get trick or treaters or is Halloween not a thing by you?

Off to clean girls. Sigh. Cinderella cinderella night and day it's Cinderella... :cry2:

See y'all later and have a lovely morning!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy No trace of Trick or Treat, no pumpkin, but tomorrow is a public holiday - nothing happens that could involve foreigners: cemeteries tend to get visits, but the closest of any interest to me is a flight away.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Halloween!!!

Mamabean, I hope D gets better soon. Cute kitty at the vets today. Safe travels to Maryland in the heavy rain. Good idea to avoid a large bridge.

Bling Dream, have fun handing out candy. It is fun to see the little kids in their costumes. Yes to PB cups; they are quite tasty.

Callie, sorry you had some snow. Usually we get just enough to make it nasty in October but we’ve had several storms already. One year we had 24” in October; Marty was snowed out in LA and my front door and garage were both drifted in. Some friends of Marty came over and dug me out. My car has handled the snow drifts and icy roads quite well this week; I told my boss I was going to buy a car that was awful in snow so I’d have an excuse to stay home. Marty did get home today but it sounds like he may be traveling to LA again soon. I am happy for him that his gym is keeping him busy. Did you enjoy Downtown Abbey? A Hershey’s bar sounds pretty good right now.

Missy, Happy Halloween Birthday to your mom. If we lived closer we could do a book club and a bling club and always service ice cream. Sounds fun!!! I absolutely love looking at photos and I totally enjoy seeing your adventures, scenery, kitties, bling and treats. Yes, I am still thinking about that cute teddy bear. We were in the upper 30’s today so we hardly needed coats anymore. A lot of the roads melted. Marty did arrive safely but did get a text today to report for jury duty on Tuesday. Fun for him. NN has behaved herself for a few weeks. She went home early today and has tomorrow off. My boss is off tomorrow too; it will be almost like having a vacation day. Except for the work part. Sorry to hear your mom has A Fib. I hope she does get the procedure she needs too. Sending both your parents healing vibes. Your oldest niece is beautiful and what a fun photo in a pumpkin patch. Hopefully the shampooing went well today and crossing my fingers and toes you get negative results on the kitties tests. Your 4 favorite candies would be among my favorite too. Mmm. If I bought any I’d probably have tested one each by now. Love the great picture of your mom and dad.

AV, beautiful picture. I’m with you on doctors. My boss told me today if I ever brought him in a doctor’s note he’d accuse me of forging it.

I have been filling in for Marty all week waking up at 4 and not being able to go back to sleep. Phooey. Work was busy today and I did venture out to meet a friend and her daughter for lunch. Her 11 year old daughter has spells of still being her sweet little girl and then being a wannabe teen who has kind of being hanging around with some mean / vain girls. Such fun. She did end up deciding she wanted a Halloween costume and wanted to hang out with some of her nice friends tonight.

Marty’s plane landed at about 1 pm today and said the weather was better here than in Dallas; I pointed out to him he wasn’t here when it was below zero.

The VP of our company said we could go home an hour early today; I accepted without hesitation!

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, we used to get a lot of trick or treaters but it's been a lot less for the last 5 years or so. Happy Birthday to your mother! I hope she enjoyed her day. It really stinks that you have to wait so long for the rw results. I totally get your concerns about your dad. And I'm hoping your mom will come around and get that procedure done sooner rather than later! But it's true, there's only so much you can say or do. Such a lovely pic of them. Your niece is really lovely! And that bear is perfect for marcy. I'm hoping the kitties did ok with their baths today.

@Mamabean, sorry to hear about Bailey and his need for more meds...I know it's concerning when a pet is taking a lot of medicine and I hope he doesn't have to be on them for too long. Love that sweet kitty! Looks like missy's Tommy and my Zoe :love:

I'm still searching for drops! I feel exactly like you...something that's nice quality that isn't too expensive. I ordered garnet drops from a shop on Etsy but the loops are too small to fit on my hoops grrrrr. The shop donates 10% of their proceeds to animal rescue organizations so I'll keep them...they're on wires so I'll wear them like that. It's dark here, I'll post a pic of them tomorrow.

Please be careful tomorrow on that long drive. OX

@Calliecake, LOL to eating the Hershey bars...I might as well confess, I've been dipping into the Milky Way bars =)2 I usually get a few teenagers at the end of the night and I'm going to give them whatever I have left. Omigosh your niece must look so adorable in her Sleeping Beauty costume! <3

@bling_dream19, thank you for those kind words <3...I feel the same way about you, you are so sweet and caring and I am really enjoying getting to know you through this thread. Having older kids is tough sometimes; I can't jump in and fix things as easily as I could when they were little!

@AV_, so true...I'll take uneventful over bad news! Gorgeous view :love:

@marcy, the good thing about laundry is you feel like you're accomplishing something but you can chill while the cycle is running. I'm getting cold just reading about your weather! I hope it warms up for you soon. Nice you were able to leave early today. Going out to lunch with your friend and her dd sounds like fun. Here's hoping her dd sticks with the nice friends!

Well, I managed to unload most of the candy tonight - the last few kids thought I was crazy for doling so much out but they didn't complain lol. I thought since the weather was so mild I'd have more trick or treaters - but it's also windy and a bit rainy so I guess that played a part.

Wishing everyone a good day tomorrow!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
good evening lovelly PS ladies and chaps
i have a lot of catching up to do - so many updated threads
before i go back and read what you have all been up to wishing you all a good friday and hope you enjoyed Halloween
we went to see the eye doc today and he seemed really happy to see us - he said it was nice to see people smiling
anyway it had been a whole montg since last time Gary saw the doc as he had been on leave and he is our only optomoligst at our hospital :(2
anyway Gary eyes are not better yet but he read the eye chart a lot further down and the nurse was very impressed
i thought about how it must be nice to see a person getting better =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM everyone, it's FriYAY! @bling_dream19 I will forever think of you when I write that word haha.
It's cold here and what a change from yesterday. It was in the mid 70s and warm and humid here yesterday.

74.png

Today it's in the 40s and very very windy. Brrrrrr. We are attempting to go cycling later though. Haha we are masochists I think or rather I am as I am the one who so wants to go cycling. I am going to freeze my tushy off today.

@junebug17 thanks sweetie. Yes I thought because the weather was so mild we would get lots more Halloween kids but no. It didn't really rain here til much later but maybe the forecast of rain scared kids away? We did manage to hand out a good amount of candy because Greg was confident we wouldn't run out and he was right. We have left over and I am not sure I should let him eat the rest of it but OK I will. I just worry because lots of friends have heart issues and I don't want Greg to invite trouble. We have enough trouble at the moment. How is your DD doing? I hope you find those earring drops you want...when I first read your post I was like drops? What eyedrops and how can I help lol. I love milky way. So delicious. Let's face it I am a candy-holic and if not for my intolerances I would eat way too much candy. Glad you managed to get it out of your house Junie. Wise woman. Have a great Friday and looking forward to hearing your weekend plans.

Don't forget we turn the clocks back this weekend.

@marcy it doesn't surprise me we share the same candy love. Glad Marty arrived home safely but Boo to Jury Duty. Greg has that in December. Glad the snow melted. Glad NN is behaving and woohoo to getting off work early yesterday. Did you get any trick or treaters? I am sorry you aren't sleeping well and getting up so early. Hope now that Marty is home you resume sleeping patterns and sleep through the night and later in the AM. Yay for enjoying lunch with a friend and her DD. Yay for today almost being like a vacation day with your boss and NN not being there and hope it goes smoothly. Weekend almost here woohoo.

@AV_ what holiday is it for you today? You're not missing anything with Halloween. I used to love it when I was young but it's not anything special now. Even handing out candy isn't that much fun anymore. Hope today is a nice holiday and you enjoy it.

@Daisys and Diamonds yay for Gary's eyes improving eyesight though maybe not as much improvement as you would like to see (haha pun intended). You are so right. It is very nice having a patient get better. Very satisfying from the healthcare professional point of view. And it goes without saying how wonderful it is from the patient's and their loved ones point of view.
Any weekend plans?

@bling_dream19 speaking of the weekend, what are your plans? Any wedding updates?

@Mamabean hope the drive goes well and you are doing well. How is Bailey doing? Keeping good thoughts for him and hugs to you.

@Austina thinking of you and hoping you and Colin are doing well. Hugs.

@canuk-gal how did the rest of your week go? Weekend plans? It's going to be cold and windy here but we are going to cycle (or try our very best at least) while we still can. How is your son enjoying his new bike? Hope your sister and mom are well. XO

@Slick1 woohoo it's Friday. Weekend is almost here. Another week accomplished. Hope you have a nice weekend planned. XO.

@Scandinavian how is your mom feeling? Thinking of you both and continued healing vibes being sent your way. Hugs.

Yesterday was a good day and we enjoyed a nice drive and Greg got lots accomplished at work too. Plus shampooing everyone but Fred went well. Fred's shampoo day is today. Cleaning the house (first) and then Fred shampooing and then off cycling for a while. Have a Fantastic FriYAY and hugs to all my friends here. XOXO.

Leaving you with the kitties who purr good morning and they love all of you meowy much.

Fred just hanging out by the fire. We are keeping it at 90 degrees in here and I am sweating so much but the cats come first. I think I am melting though...
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.26.48 AM.png

After their baths Tommy and Bobby
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.26.58 AM.png \

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.27.17 AM.png

and finally Oliver. or as @Mamabean enjoys little Patient Zero.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.27.56 AM.png

And lol

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.28.14 AM.png

Ummm, NOPE. We have our fill right now ;-)
Have a wonderful Friday lovely ladies.
Don't forget we are turning the clocks back Saturday overnight to Sunday. An extra hour of sleep (for some) and just an extra hour of being awake for others...lol.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The day got away from me yesterday, and for some reason, I was so tired.

I’m so glad to hear that your DD is feeling a bit better @junebug17, I know that must be a huge relief for you. No matter how old they are, they’re still a child to us. I’m glad you managed to off load all the goodies on to the trick or treaters, it’s far too tempting to eat those small bars because they’re so small, there can’t be many calories in them, right? ;-)

I’m so sorry that things didn’t go completely to plan with your Mum @Scandinavian, will they be giving her chemo if they didn’t manage to completely remove the cancerous cells? Continuing to send healing and positive vibes your way.

Harry was on metronidazole most of his life @Mamabean for his persistent colitis, and it was really effective at keeping it under control. I hope you’ve arrived safely in Maryland and the weather and traffic weren’t too awful.

Sorry to hear that Gary’s eyesight wasn’t any better @Daisys and Diamonds, but I hope that he could read further down the chart was a step in the right direction. I’m sorry if you’ve mentioned before what the problem is, but I think I’ve missed it. Is there treatment that will help?

Did you enjoy the Downton Abbey film @Calliecake? Isn’t Maggie Smith a hoot? I just love the costumes in the film, in fact, when we saw our friends recently for lunch, we’ve decided to book the Downton tour next year, it’s not actually that far from us. Oh no to snow, I hope it doesn’t cause too many problems for you.

Glad you could leave early from work @marcy, I wouldn’t have needed to be told twice either! What is it with 4am, I’ve been waking up then, and this morning Adam said he had been sleeping fine since he got home on Monday, but was wide away at 4am today? I hope the snow isn’t too bad today, and that Marty got home safely. Kim said it’s down to -2 in Austin today.

Are you doing anything today while everything is closed @AV_ ?

I hope you got rid of all the goodies @bling_dream19 so you weren’t ‘forced’ to eat it all :D Your white bean soup sounds delicious, just the thing for cold and dreary weather.

Glad you managed to get a ride in @canuk-gal 7 deg is not toooo bad. We sure do lubs and miss our furries.

I hope your Mum had a happy birthday @missy, I imagine she may want to see your father through his procedure before she worries about herself. Once she knows he’s OK, perhaps you can bring it up with her. You can see from the photo what a happy and devoted couple they are.

I think we’re experiencing the same weather as you, we‘re in for a very wet and wild weekend. We’ll be staying in and keeping warm. Those teddies are fantastic, so cuddly, and would certainly keep Marcy company whilst Marty is out of town.

I’m not surprised the kitties are all cuddled up and keeping warm too, although 90 deg in the house does sound rather tropical.

The little Birman came today, but she didn’t come to the door, she must know that Dottie’s gone, she just came in to the garden and walked to the back fence, jumped up on the wood store and was hanging over the fence like a nosy neighbour :lol:

I’ve got my ovens on the self clean cycle, and the bedding is calling to be ironed, so I better get on.

Big hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy The local calendar says 'All Saint's Day' today, without the customs. The day has been eerily quiet, @Austina & surprisig: warm & windly, instead of the announced storm (not that I believed that forecast - what 'storm'! There is never a storm.

[neighbour calling]

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, garnet drops sound great; darn they don’t fit on your hoops but good deal you can wear them on wires. Milky Ways sound great. We usually hand out more and more candy if we don’t get many trick or treaters; last year we had to resort to some mints we had in our candy dish because the line was long at our door and we were out of candy. Laundry does allow us to relax between loads. If only I could get Siri to hang up Marty’s shirt and fold t-shirts. It is going to warm up tomorrow finally.

Daisys and Diamonds. sorry to hear Gary’s eyes aren’t better but since he can read more on the chart is that an improvement? I missed what was wrong with them if you don’t mind repeating that info. I have a scar on my left macula that has sure messed up my overall vision but I do manage okay other than things aren’t very sharp and clear especially if it’s backlit. Faces are hard to identify even across the room. My depth perception isn’t so hot either.

Missy, ha ha - your temps dropped to 40 and I’m excited we might reach the 40’s tomorrow. Stay warm! Glad you handed out a good deal of candy. I am sure Greg is as thrilled as Marty is about jury duty. I told him if his assigned seat is in the front row he’ll probably get picked. We did get a few trick or treaters early. I did sleep in later this morning; it must have been knowing Marty was home that made the difference. He got up about 10 minutes after my alarm went off so we both slept all night for a change. I hope you are getting more sleep; I know you start you day very, very early. Ugh to the time change this weekend; the older I get the longer it takes me to adjust. Hi cute and newly shampooed kitties.

Austina, I hope you are more rested today. Oh no to you and Colin waking up at 4 am too; it must be catching. I did wake up about then today but did fall back asleep until about 6. That is cold for Austin! I know it was raining when Marty was in Dallas. I would totally mess with Marty if I had that large of a teddy bear. He’d be posing in Marty’s office, in his gym, on the couch. I’d have all sorts of fun. Cute the cat came to check you guys out. Nice to have a clean oven and freshly pressed sheets.

AV, I just did a program no Halloween and Astronomy plus wrote an article for the local paper. Hallow’s Eve and All Saints Day is a popular holiday for several cultures and countries. Glad you did get the predicted storm.

I did enjoy a quiet day at work and watched 3 episodes of Jag (more like listened to them). I watched 4 of the Snoopy in Space episodes on Apple TV tonight. It was cute, typical Snoopy cartoons.

I have no idea what is on tap for the weekend. Laundry and enjoying not being at work comes to mind.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results