shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Did you solve your T3 problem with your doctor? Mine is super low. The other thyroid values are in range. I’m going to see her on Thursday..so will pick her brain. My other results aren’t great either. My platelets went even lower..etc. sorry to be a DD but I’m so sick of getting bad results..:rolleyes:

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! Merry Christmas from snowy Wyoming!

Missy, I am glad you enjoyed 90 degree weather. I am starting to think weather is a like a box of chocolates - I never know what I am going to get. We had more than 6 inches of snow and less than 10 inches. It's hard to tell because a lot of it melted at first. As you know, my sweet limo drive got me safely to work this morning. What a nice guy. That is funny what you said about using fireplaces, fans, AC and heat all in one day. Marty has not brought up whether he is going to compete or not. He is moving a little better when he walks or stands up today. That's good news. That is so cool about the HGTV episode about your neighbors. If you know the episode name, let me know and I'll find the episode. Fun! Yay for a productive day yesterday. Sweet kitties picture helping you watch TV. Cool pictures of you guys on your bike.

Austina, you can post pictures of your lovely sunshine any time. I enjoy seeing your pictures. Marty hasn't mentioned his competition recently and I am not asking. He hasn't lifted yet. I am enjoying being able to breathe again for a few days. The poor trees around town are suffering from this heavy, wet snow. I did finally get in my chat with Moaning Minnie (good name BTW) today. She reacted as predicted; she sat there with her arms completely crossed across her chest and said okay. :wall:I did have fun with the 2 girls I am training and they are refreshing my memory on their tasks. I kept closing myself out of their application and we got to laughing so hard my boss came over to see what we were doing. Hey, I am entertaining if nothing else. :lol:

Mamabean, I am sorry your test results weren't great. Big hugs to you.

So my day was centered snow. Glad Marty was here to take me to work. We picked up window food on the way home and then Marty went to the gym to meet a client.

Take care.
Marcy

60646749_10216997374160798_4016862451277496320_n.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Did you solve your T3 problem with your doctor? Mine is super low. The other thyroid values are in range. I’m going to see her on Thursday..so will pick her brain. My other results aren’t great either. My platelets went even lower..etc. sorry to be a DD but I’m so sick of getting bad results..:rolleyes:

Hi Joanne, no we are still working on it. I am super low on free T3. Did you get your antibodies checked? Those are important as well.
You need the following blood tests at a minimum for your thyroid.

Free T3
Free T4
(TSH but more gives more pituitary than thyroid info)
Iron profile (all 4 iron values...TIBC (iron binding capacity), Ferritin, % saturation, total iron)
Thyroid antibodies (TPO and TgAB)

Ideally you would like to get all these values if possible:

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 5.46.53 AM.png

HTH and if you would like we can talk about it here or offline. I am still working on getting my thyroid optimal but right now I am below the lab normal low which is very bad because optimal values for free T3 are in the upper fourth of the lab normal range so I am quite low. I hope it makes you feel better to know you are not alone and despite being very low I am OK except for not sleeping for more than an hour at a time. The reason for that is for me because my thyroid hormones are super low which causes my adrenals to overwork and wake me every hour. But that is mainly because I have been hypothyroid for decades and I was never treated for it. I have been trying for 19 months to get it controlled but it isn't easy for everyone to do that. It's funny because before this I always thought no biggie. Hypothryoid take some meds and get it controlled. Not for everyone though.

Also depending on your results I might suggest trying an AutoImmune Paleo (AIP) diet for a while but again we need to see your total picture to see if you need to undertake AIP.

I am here for you if you want my help or if there is anything I can do. Hopefully you will be able to get this under control more easily than I can. I have other factors at play making it challenging that hopefully you are not dealing with so do not worry. (((Hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Salve NIRDI! You are wiser than I, so I am not sure what to say... (barely half-joking ,( )
_

@marcy I'll be asking Google if 'summer' in Wyoming means any less snow. Then again: - 'just got off the phone with a collegue less than 1K km north of here (ie. nearby) & he kept talking of snow too.

I must be loosing it...

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 sending you continued good thoughts, gentle hugs and love to you and sweet Zoe. {{{Hugs}}}.

@Austina yes we are lol. We cycled 54 miles yesterday and it was windy the whole way. But we did great IMO woohoo. And of course negated all the effort with ice cream in the middle of the trip hahaha. But it was oh so good.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 5.56.23 AM.png

Bobby was not in that photo. But all our kitties love being loved and he gets his fair share let me tell you. They all have such different personalities but are all big mushes and loves.:kiss2: Just like sweet Dottie. How is she doing?

Glad you are enjoying Pilates and also cleaning the house (great exercise too). I hope you have a lovely Wednesday.

@marcy yes and OMG to all your snow. Did you say chocolates?:lickout: Haha 6AM and I am already thinking about chocolate. I will find the episode name and send it to you via text or email since I don't want to share it online. So glad Marty is feeling a bit better and hope that continues. Fingers crossed.
Thank goodness for Marty taking you to work. How are the conditions today? Drive safely. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ how are you? How is your week going? Hahaha yes summer in Wyoming means a bit less snow than Spring. A bit less. Right @marcy? Thinking of you AV. XO.

@Slick1 how are you feeling? Hope your class is feeling better and everyone is well now. Woohoo it's Wednesday. Only a few more days till a long weekend. Hope you are sleeping well and feeling better. (((Hugs))).

We had a great ride yesterday despite the wind and the weather was crisp and cool and IMO perfect for cycling even with the strong winds (and they were strong). When we turned around halfway into the ride Greg took the spf canopy down to help the wind drag (this is the third iteration of the spf canopy and the first one he made that we are able to collapse and take down or put up and carry with us as we ride...pretty amazing really if you know what went into the creating of this spf canopy). The winds were over 20 mph as we were cycling so the canopy coming down was helpful but we kept it up when the sun was super strong due to my Schambergs disease. We do what we have to do and do not let it stop us. :appl:

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.04.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.07.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.08.09 AM.png

\\ Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.08.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.05.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.05.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.05.17 AM.png

And you can see it on the back of the bike in this photo. You can also see how cold it was with the wind by how bundled up I am lolol :lol:
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.05.27 AM.png

You can also see the water line on my cycling pants. Despite the cool temps I had to keep pouring water on my legs to prevent the blood vessels from bleeding under the skin (Schambergs disease). It's the only way I can cycle without bleeding. Weird but so grateful it works and hope that continues working. We figured it out on our own one day that if we keep my legs cool the bleeding is inhibited somewhat.

We enjoyed an invigorating ride. And hope for another one today. Tomorrow rain is predicted so want to make the most of it today. Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday ladies. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.02.48 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Now I need icecream... & a tandem? I am in awe with the contraption yu are riding!
No way I can recount what is going on - it is too gory ,) I've been packing my life awway & have no inkling where I am going. Icecream is the obvious next step.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Now I need icecream... & a tandem? I am in awe with the contraption yu are riding!
No way I can recount what is going on - it is too gory ,) I've been packing my life awway & have no inkling where I am going. Icecream is the obvious next step.

Ice cream heals all wounds (emotional and occasionally otherwise).

icecream.gif

and of course I will say yes to needing a tandem. Everyone should enjoy one. :halo:

tandemwallart.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Oh, the tandem motto says it alll... I loath doing anything alone ,( I am a coward!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Oh, the tandem motto says it alll... I loath doing anything alone ,( I am a coward!

I liked your post but just to be clear I do not think you are a coward at all. I too prefer doing things with others as it is more fun (for me) but it does not mean we are cowards. Joy shared is joy doubled and sadness shared is sadness halved. That is a motto I believe in and live by. Everything is sweeter and more manageable when done with loved ones. IMO.

I will add though that to do things alone is often quite brave so the opposite can be true. To make the most of life no matter what one is dealing with is the bravest thing one can do.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I have a knack for oddities - not just odd diamonds, so I could name several friends who cannot tell what is joy and what is the opposite - so the halving & doubling does work the other way often enough (how did I do it! ,((( ). Not all of them, sure enough, else I wouldn't be still ticking.

(counting hours to iceacream - now that I'm thinking of one!)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I wish I’d have caught the HGTV show. I can imagine your shock when the neighbor’s home appeared on the show. I’m glad you are enjoying the time at the beach house and have had great weather for cycling. You may end up breaking 4,000 miles this summer!

@Austina, I’m so sorry. You gave Shirley really good advice. It does sound like Shirley may be experiencing early dementia. It has to be unnerving to receive angry emails and you really are in a hard spot with how to respond especially if she is acting irrationally. None of us know how we would react if we were dealt with such a devastating loss. I originally thought maybe she was having anger issues due to death of her husband. Grief and depression can do strange things to people but from what you have described, it does sound like something else is also going on. Hopefully her son and DIL can get her to a doctor who can figure out what is happening. Her poor son and DIL are dealing with a lot as well. Thank you for filling me in on what has been going on with her. I’m sorry I missed it in a previous post.

@Tekate, How is sweet little Autie doing? Have you definitely decided to build a home when you make a move to Austin? What have you and John been up to?

Oh @marcy , five to eight more inches of snow :shock:. You deserve a box of chocolates just for not having better weather. Days like this having your own personal chauffeur really comes in handy. This weather seems especially cruel because you already had a day of grilling outside and enjoying a glass of wine on the deck. Mother Nature is not being kind to you. The past few days have been really 50 degrees here. I’ve welcomed the cooler temps while waiting for the AC to be fixed. Today it’s supposed to reach 80. It sound like your problem employee is just an unhappy person. It has to be tiring going thru life being miserable.

@Mamabean, You aren’t being a DD Joanne. I hope the doctor appointment goes well on Thursday. I felt the same way about the Mercedes emblem. If you think it’s large and in your face normally, they also have an option where the giant emblem lights up when you are driving at night, um, no thank you LOL.

@junebug17 , I hope all is well with you and Zoe and that you doing some fun things to distract you.

@Slick1, Thinking of you and hope you are feeling better.

@av, I hope all is going well with you.

@Keeliamira , I hope you have heard some happy news about your husbands job interview. Sending job dust.

We are home waiting for the AC to be fixed today. So not a lot going on here. I’m excited to see my grand niece this week and hear all about her vacation. Her mom already warned me that she has plans to talk me into taking her on another vacation.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Good luck for tomorrow @Mamabean, I hope you get some good news from your Dr. soon. I imagine it’s pretty miserable feeling lousy all the time.

I hope the a/c engineer has turned up @Calliecake and got you all sorted.
Must be lovely being in such high demand from your grand niece :D I didn’t hear from Shirley for a couple of days, but she emailed today and sounded a lot calmer and reasonable. Whether it’s coincidence or she read and took on board my email, I don’t know. Her recent outbursts are making us dread our visit :(2

Did you manage to get any ice cream today @AV_ ?

I’m glad you’re managing to keep your Schambergs under control @missy, at least that’s one issue you’re on top of. Greg is such a clever sausage designing the canopy to be so versatile. I hope the weather holds so you can continue enjoying your cycling. Dottie is finding our warm spell a bit too warm, good job we’ve booked her in for a trim tomorrow.

Did you tip your driver @marcy ? :lol: We don’t have bad winters here in the south, but snow in May :-o not sure I could cope with that. It’s been another lovely day here, 72 deg F, we were actually feeling hot out on our walk this morning. Moaning Minnie is nothing if not totally predictable, but at least you’re still managing to have fun with your 2 trainees.

We went to our equivalent of Home Depot today to buy a little mirror fronted cabinet for one of the bathrooms. I checked on line it was in stock, went and got it and came home. I unpacked it, checked at the pieces were there, then found that one of the mirror doors had a crack in it :x2 So I packed it up, and we took it back. Colin went in to change it, I waited outside with Dottie, he got a replacement, and we checked it in the car to make sure it was all ok before coming home again.

I’ve put it all together, and tomorrow we’ll put it up.

Sending good thoughts to all the lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you girls..I’m nervous today..I’ll be glad to see my doctor tomorrow..She loves bling so we hang out and I show her my latest. Her husband just bought her diamond earrings..but she won’t wear them to the office. I told her I HAVE to see them..Hopefully she’ll wear them tomorrow.
Thank you @missy! I took a pic of the post about what my numbers should be. That’s great info! I appreciate it very much! :kiss2:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I was in Homegoods over the weekend and saw this. It reminded me of Dottie! :love:
EC8532B6-6A96-4765-BFE3-F851480A3272.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Fingers crossed for tomorrow! The Doc showing up with diamonds to talk about is a very nice way to take the edge off... - the best such distractions I've seen were jars of iffy candy.

@Austina No icecream - that is to say, no lunch break & somehow the day turned out exactly twelve hours long 10:00 - 10:00. I feel so... young (that is to say: 'never learn a thing) Taking tomorrow off on account - it is supposed to be a beautiful day, even by local standards & I need to edit the work of today - an easy job that goes with icecream (like @missy's cycling, come to think of it!).

(off to - lunch)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

We had rain (not snow thank heavens like Marcy) over the long weekend and temps were low. So no cycling for us. Today, however, was 17C and out I went. Should have used sunscreen--my nose is pink!!

@Mamabean--I've never used red cabbage before for cabbage rolls. Normally I use savoy but there wasn't any at the market and the red cabbage was a perfect small head. I really don't have a sauce, just canned tomato's. No sugar.

@Calliecake--what car did you decide on? Oh I bought some Creed last week: Iris Tuberuse. I said I wouldn't ($$) but caved. It does smell good:love:.

Healing vibes everyone's way who needs them:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean I'm sorry your numbers weren't all that great. My alkphos as been high my whole adult life, I'm waiting till the day the reason FINALLY show's itself.

@marcy snow in May, that is crazy! is it usual? I hope your husband recovers soon.. and glad your snow melted a bit... I see RABBIT on deck! adorable.. :) :)

@missy Hello girlie! xoxo I am sorry about your and @Mamabean's thyroid.. the thyroid is so important and so often overlooked. I HOPE you can get yours back into a normal range Missy..I know the thyroid affects mood, body temp... an informed patient imho is the BEST patient, you are well informed.

I think you and Greg are just awesome, how you ride and how far you ride, how you guys get ice cream is just the best. Seriously, it's such great exercise and HARD. You are an inspiration. And so is @marcy and @Austina, all I do is walk 2 miles a day.. but I try.

@Calliecake Autie is good, my son (the first spoiled one as opposed to his younger just as spoiled brother) is a bit miffed with John and I because our move to Austin is taking too long in his book, in my book I'm moving as fast as I can. He thinks I'm missing Autumn's growth and I will hate it, I interpret that to mean I need you here to babysit because I don't want to put Autie in daycare till she's 1 :).. John thinks I'm reading too much into it. Hope the A/C is fixed girl. xoxoxoxo

@AV_ you are funny! no snow in Maine USA but plenty of pollen to bug the heck out of my throat! xoxo

@Austina I am glad to read that Shirley sounded much more normal. Need a picture of the new mirror. Dottie is so beautiful! my Salley is getting old but she is the best!

I've not read back, only today's postings so I am behind. Been busy and cleaning etc. sorry but I will!

Well yesterday I went and had my 3D mammogram and so far no call back so I'm assuming I passed again for another year.

TODAY! I went to the Oral Surgeon and he did a CT scan of my jaw and saw no infection and he thinks we can try one more time to do an implant, I see the Infectious Disease doc next Wed and I sent her an email asking if she wants me to stay on doxy if my jaw loos clear, but I am afraid to have another implant but I need something back there.. one more time then I move on. If the ID doc says I can.

Chris is doing fine and loving the city.. good news.

So we got back last Thursday (or wed?) and I took a few pix of my daffodils because they looked so nice, then I took a pix of the ding dong neighbor who has his boat parked in the driveway, so everytime I go out the thing is staring me in the face and both he and his wife have been uber nice to us.. which is unusual, usually they think we are annoying :)

so I will leave it at that for now.. sending love to you guys.

pix of my daffodils and the neighbors boat, which lives in his driveway and annoys the hell out of me :)

IMG_20190521_092923.jpg IMG_20190521_092953 (1).jpg IMG_20190521_093007.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, let me know what google says about snow in Wyoming. I have seen it snow here every month of the year. Definitely indulge in some ice cream!

Missy, your ice looks fabulous again. We had some soft serve at Dairy Queen this afternoon. I had twist, Marty had chocolate and my sister and BIL had vanilla. I thought the same thing to get me that episode info off line. Always a good idea to be careful. Speaking of which those of us NIRDI’s who want links to my articles is is okay if I have them email you first to get my email address? I don’t want to post direct links online since it has my full name on it. Marty must be doing better he is lifting right now and didn’t ask me to come down and spot him. Sweet. The roads are clear today; snow melts fast this time of year even though we only got up to 37 degrees here today. Greg has packing up your spf canopy down; he obviously done that many times before. I am glad you got to ride even in windy and sunny weather. Glad the water helps your legs.

Callie, we ended up with 8.5 inches of snow out of this storm. It at least is melting fast. Mother Nature sure does seem to play some cruel tricks on this neck of the woods. Of course she spreads it around everywhere. I hope you get your AC fixed so you can chill in the 80 degree weather. I agree, it must be tiring to go through life so miserable; she seems to put the blame on everyone and everything but herself. Until she makes up her mind to change no one can help her. How cute you grand niece wants you to take her on another vacation. I saw the cutest baby today at the funeral. It was my friend’s grandson. He is 8 1/2 months cold and what a cutie.

Austina, I understand having reservations about visiting with Shirley. I feel for her and hope she finds something to help ease her frustrations. I am glad you are enjoying nice weather. This has definitely been a colder May than normal here; I’ll try to remember that in July when I’m in Arizona. Moaning Minnie might have made a big mistake at work today. If I can prove she did it maybe I can finally get it out of my department. I spent the first hour after walking in the house of fixing a problem for work. Fun! I do give my driver helpful tips - like don’t eat the yellow snow. Ha ha. Darn that your new cabinet had a cracked mirror. The only reason Marty can get me in hardware stores is they have great diamond lighting.

Mamabean, sending you buckets of good luck dust for tomorrow. I hope your doctor wears her earrings.

Sharon, I am glad you only had rain instead of snow. Oh no for coming home with a pink nose.

Kate, Marty lifted tonight and quit because it just wasn’t working. Poor guy. He has got to be discouraged but other than asking how his back is I will wait for him to decide what he plans to do about his competition. Snow is not unusual in May here but not in that quantity. This late in May especially. Yes, that is one of Marty’s killer rabbits on his dash. I keep telling him he should hide it when he is at the airport; someone is going to break in to his truck and steal it. That’s great new your oral surgeon doesn’t see an infection. Crossing my fingers and toes the infectious diseases doctor concurs and you can get that last implant. Your daffodils look very pretty.

We got home from the funeral about 5. Marty had a message to call about his pickup so we kept calling them the entire way home only to get an answering machine. We stopped at Ford when we got to town and of course they didn’t start the work until we approved the amount (he needs new brakes) so one of us will be carless tomorrow. I don’t know how we’ll work it either. If he keeps my car I have to go to work at 6:30. If I take my car he’ll miss his 9 am appointment with a client. I suggested he rent a car which he wouldn’t do. Since my department had an error though I’d best go to work for sure.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 (((Hugs))) and continuing to keep you and Zoe in our thoughts and prayers. There are no good words to comfort you through this horrible time but to reassure you that you are doing your best for Zoe and giving her the best life possible. Without you she would not have experienced any happiness or love or safety and comfort. Please know that and know you are giving her an amazing life for the time she is here on this earth. (((HUGS))).

@Calliecake yay for your AC being fixed and for the weather remaining cool while you were patiently waiting for it to get repaired. We are getting a heat wave here next week and I am so not ready for it but lol I am never ready for the extreme heat. I will keep you posted re the helmets lol.

@Tekate amazing news from the Oral surgeon and fingers crossed you can do the implant and hope your ID appointment goes well and you receive more good news! Yay for Chris loving the city and I love your gorgeous bright beautiful daffodils. Thank you for sharing the photos. I too would be annoyed by that boat in the driveway in my field of view. I always say tall fences/trees/plants make the best neighbors. As in out of sight please. Thank you for your lovely warm generous compliments and right back at ya! You and John are awesome as is your entire family niece Kate included. Thank you for sharing your life with us here. Sending all of you warm hugs and love.

@Mamabean sending you buckets of good luck dust for your doctor appointments and big (((hugs))). Please let us know how it goes. And if you can take photos of her earrings even better.8)

@AV_ we have that in common. A knack for oddities. Though much of the time I am the oddity. I stopped resisting long ago and instead am embracing who I am as it is easier that way.

@marcy sorry one of you will be carless today. Hope the snow is over for the rest of the Spring and Summer. Yes you got so much snow so late in the season. I hope the funeral went as smoothly as it could. Such a sad occasion. And ooh to Marty lifting yesterday and I hope his back is improving. Hope the car brakes are fixed soon and yes it seems you need to go to work today to fix that error so will Marty be chauffeuring you again or will he just be carless all day?

Yes I am happy to share your email address with anyone you want me to. Just email me and I will send the info to them. I have to find you that Beach hunter show to share with you too. Will look for that later.

@Austina Dottie is such a photogenic sweet girl. Hugs and kisses to her and you too. Glad you replaced the broken mirror cabinet. Frustrating when we go out of our way to buy something only to get it home and discover damage and have to go back and return/replace. I ordered helmets and went to the trouble of getting a tech on the phone to make sure they were 2019 models only to get it delivered yesterday and it was 2018. So back they go and I still don't have a current helmet. They need to be replaced every 2-5 years and my current helmets are from 2008. LOL but not really. I didn't realize they degraded and needed to be replaced that often. Anyway I ordered some others but won't be here til next Thursday.

@canuk-gal yay for rain and no snow. Hope you get to enjoy cycling again soon. And I love Cotz for the face when cycling. Keeps my skin nice and pale.

@Slick1 how are you feeling? Hope you are doing well and continuing to heal and looking forward to a happy long holiday weekend. XOXO.

@Keeliamira thinking of you. Hoping you can share happy updates with us soon. Hugs.

@ringo865 hope you are doing OK and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday was perfect weather for cycling. Not too windy and temps were in the 60s. Pure bliss cycling down the shore. We did 70 miles too woohoo. First 70 mile ride of the season and it was oh so sweet. Cycled to Point Pleasant first time this year and had a lovely snack on the boardwalk there and then cycled to Days about 15 miles away and had our ice cream too.:lol:

A few photos.
First up a tandem bike on the side of the outside wall of a bike shop in Manasquan. Love it.
Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 6.37.16 AM.png

Finally arrived at Point Pleasant and it was more than pleasant :sun:
pointpleasantmay2019.png

My newest cycling leggings with an spf of 50. Navy and white print. Very smart if I say so myself especially with the sandy backdrop.8-)
cyclingleggings.png

and then after all that cycling we rewarded ourself at Days.
Days!
Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 6.34.39 AM.png

And then back home 70 miles accomplished. Not bad.

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 6.44.06 AM.png

Today is a rainy day so it will be a break from cycling day (much to Greg's relief I think lol). Not sure of our plans yet but definitely heading to UPS to return the helmets I ordered from Backcountry because I was given misinformation about their year of manufacture. To be fair Backcountry is overnighting (at their expense) another helmet to me (hopefully 2019) so I have something soon but not the helmets I wanted. I did order those from another company and they should be here next Thursday.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday. (((HUGS))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am just stepping out to town, keeping in mind your post !

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nirdis, I have reserved this stone:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4045357.htm

I have some things going.. one I thought I would be able to trade up my 3 stone ring, but it seems as though it's a one to one thing, so one stone for this stone.. THAT has put a hold on me just buying this outright. The girl I talked to and I forgot her name but probably will remember, and I think she's moving me to Michelle anyway, said she will put the stone one hold - let me talk with John and she will talk with management.. so right now I'm in limbo.. I planned on setting it in a plain platinum setting

What do you guys all think?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nirdis, I have reserved this stone:

I have some things going.. one I thought I would be able to trade up my 3 stone ring, but it seems as though it's a one to one thing, so one stone for this stone.. THAT has put a hold on me just buying this outright. The girl I talked to and I forgot her name but probably will remember, and I think she's moving me to Michelle anyway, said she will put the stone one hold - let me talk with John and she will talk with management.. so right now I'm in limbo.. I planned on setting it in a plain platinum setting

What do you guys all think?

Kate just quickly as we are making an unexpected journey in the car for the rest of the day. I’ll explain tomorrow but won’t be at my computer for rest of day. Responding on phone in car. Is it eye clean? As long as it’s eye clean for you it looks good. Since it’s a WF A cut Above Diamond I think you’re pretty safe on it having perfect optics. Looks beautiful! I’m very excited for you. :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Tekate the details say eye clean, so I would expect it to be. The video image is hugely enlarged, so anything you see on that, you won’t see with the naked eye. SI1 stones are a good buy, and it’s a great size. I hope it works out for you, how exciting.

:dance:To no more infection, what good news.

Wow 70 miles @missy :-o great going! Your sunscreen leggings are really snazzy. I must admit, I had no ideas helmets degrade, phooey to the hassle of them sending the wrong one. I’m not surprised Greg is happy to have a rest day today. Pleasant Point really lives up to its name, it looks Beautiful.

I’m glad Marty is feeling better @marcy, I hope he doesn’t overdo it, although I’m sure he knows his limitations. I hope the funeral went as well as these thing can, what a sad day for you all.

I’m happy for @missy to pass on my email to you, I’m sure your articles will be very interesting.

I hope your appt went really well today @Mamabean.

I hope your weather’s improved @canuk-gal.

Dottie’s zonked from her afternoon at the groomers, but she looks and smells lovely :lol:

Putting the bathroom cabinet up proved to be more difficult than we expected. We need to get a diamond tipped drill bit, because our tiles are like concrete, and I just couldn’t drill through them!

Thinking of all the lovely NIRDIs going through tough times and sending you all love

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! TGIF and happy Memorial Day weekend. It's another windy day at the shore with winds of 25 mph. :o

@junebug17 keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. And sending gentle (((hugs))) your way.

@AV_ how was your town visit yesterday? What are your weekend plans?

@Tekate so girlie what's going on? Tell us more about your newest bling project and what you plan on doing with that yummy diamond.:kiss2:

@Austina thank you. I also wanted to get the SPF cycling pants in the black and white print but they are completely out of my size and doesn't look like they will be restocking. So navy and white it is and the rest solid no print with the exception of my black and grey print cycling pants. I love print pants.
Did you say DIAMOND tipped drill?:P2 Sorry the cabinet installation is proving more difficult than anticipated and hope you get that accomplished soon. Yes to Dottie being fresh and all lovely after the groomers. Just like people and their hairdresser. It's been eons since I saw Tuey and probably won't be seeing him anytime in the near future. I miss having a fresh hair cut and style but I'd rather be at the beach cycling. LOL.

@Slick1 yay for a long weekend. Hope you have fun and are feeling well and strong.

@marcy sorry about yesterday and that you had to go in and deal with more mistakes your employees made on a day you should have been off work. And I am so sorry about your friend's death. Too soon and heartbreaking for her family and friends. Hope you and Marty enjoyed a nice evening out despite the sadness and hope Marty's back is improving. Sending you hugs and healing thoughts.

We had an interesting day filled with some stress that we could have done without. Greg was doing regular bike maintenance and found 3 broken spokes on our recumbent tandem rear wheel. That's not good. Once spokes start breaking they all start breaking and the whole wheel becomes unstable and out of round. Greg keeps the bike in great condition so this was a huge problem as he couldn't figure out why it is happening. As you know Greg is very handy and he used to work as a bike mechanic in high school and through college. So if he couldn't figure out why it was happening it's a problem.

He called the wheel manufacturer where we got that specific wheel just a month or so ago and they wanted us to come in so they could redo the wheel. Going to the manufacturer's warehouse was not a simple drive as they are located in Pennsylvania. So our plans for the day of taking care of things and running errands went out the window and it was already after noon when Greg let me know about the broken spokes. At that time we still had not spoken to the bike place. Anyway called them and they said can we come in so we did. Long trip, long drive, long day but we have a redone wheel. Fingers crossed this newly done wheel keeps the spokes from breaking. This AM Greg has to attach it to our tandem and hoping it all works out well. The bike technicians who worked on our wheel yesterday aren't sure if this will solve the problem so that is still a concern and hoping this does solve this issue.

And on our way home from the manufacturer in PA huge thunderstorms and downpours started and the NJ Turnpike was quite the mess. Drivers slowed down because they couldn't see and it was a bit scary. Always an adventure. I can do without these adventures let me tell you.:twirl:

Sending all the NIRDIs who are dealing with sadness and loss and challenges big (((HUGS))) and much love and letting you know I am thinking of you and sending healing hugs your way.

Leaving you with a photo of our bike speedometer and our total miles for the cycling season so far this year.

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 6.16.23 AM.png

Hoping we can add to these miles...cmon wheel don't fail us now. :pray:
Enjoy a lovely Friday girls.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! I’m driving to Maryland today so will write more later to catch up.
Thank you for all the dust for my doctor appointment yesterday. Well..I’m not dying but have issues..:lol: @missy She’s starting me on a higher dosage of Synthroid because my T3 is so low..It’s way below the bottom lab minimum. If that makes me hyper and I get palpatitions again..she will switch me back to trying the Cytomel. I also have Thrombopenia (low platelets) and Hypoglycemia..We are investigating why my platelets are dropping. She thinks maybe Vitamin C so have to stop that. I have to figure out how to eat with the hypoglycemia..She thinks I should be able to manage it with diet. I had gained a lot of weight..which is frustrating. Weird thing is she said I wasn’t eating enough for breakfast..not enough carbs..Can you imagine? She said the extra Synthroid should work along with getting my blood sugar under control....I’m so tired all the time so hope this does the trick. So..all in all...not too bad. It really is better than I thought it would be.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean hoping that works for you. I can’t convert T4 to active T3 so need straight T3. Please check your Reverse T3.

So started our cycling and a problem half a mile in. Sigh.
D6546403-CFAF-4DCB-B5A7-CF213CCDC428.jpeg

Fingers crossed Greg can figure this out.

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy It's a go.. I wanted to buy a OEC, but I can buy up at Whiteflash and I have 3 of their stones and I know they are wonderful and colorful and I only had 30k really to upgrade with and get the biggest stone I could, WF are wonderful.

So I'm going to have Whiteflash modify their standard platinum setting with a tiffany head and set it as low as they can and have it made and then that is it, this 66 year old girl has the best and biggest stone, I'm so excited I am almost dizzy.. In an almost 3 carat diamond I don't want any diamonds on the sides etc.. this is my unicorn and this is the star.. Maybe someday down the road I can have a setting made by VC or SK .. but for now all I can afford is standard... which is fine! I'll attached the video so everyone can see the stone!..

I'll be back in a bit to catch up reading and see how everyone is.. your biking is phenomenal!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The next technical step of work is clear enough, so I am hardly thinking of anything else & not for lack of trying; what else is new...

@missy this is the odd choice I keep making - the next step is ever where work makes sense & all else follows as it might; I can't stand to play the lottery - who needs surprises, just throw it all on the table every couple of years or so!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results