shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you have a treatment plan Missy, and I hope the medication helps your symptoms. Sorry about the nodules and yes, hopefully they remain small and don't pose any further problems for you. It's good you're going to be monitored for them. Sorry you have to deal with this, but I'm glad the doctor is staying on top of things and that you feel good about the care you're getting so far. (((Hugs)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We went shopping yesterday, and I may have bought one or two things :whistle:. We went to San Marcos, an outlet place, have you been @PierreBear ? I managed to get 2 pairs of the skinny jeans I like, and they’d been marked down even further to $7.97 :mrgreen: We only brought 1 suitcase this time, so I may have to leave a few things behind. I got a great sports bra from Victoria’s Secret too.

Glad you had fun on your bike ride PB, do the outlaws live nearby? :D

Good news that the new endocrinologist thinks the treatment will give you good results @missy but :(2 to finding nodules. I love the parasol, it’s so cheery, pretty and practical.

They’ve really cracked on with your kitchen @Scandinavian :dance: to it being finished soon. Awww :love: T in his coat.

Sounds like the perfect weekend @junebug17 why is it men can get excited about electronics but not bling, makes no sense to me ;)2 ?

:lol: to those medieval bunnies @Jimmianne . The houses here are very open plan, and we’ve seen plenty of 1 storey homes that would suit us perfectly, just a waiting game now. Were the animals happy to have you home?

I hope your knee isn’t being too bothersome today @marcy, you’ve certainly had a busy weekend. I’d also be interested to hear your thoughts on the book, I’ve read a few and enjoyed them.

I spent the morning making more samosas for Kim & Adam, supposedly for the freezer, but a little piggy has been eating them already! :naughty:

We went to look at more model homes this afternoon and I stopped at HEB as they had an offer on a 12” enamelled cast iron pan, I’m not sure if I’ve got room to take it home this time though :lol:

We’re going out to a Thai restaurant this evening :lickout:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, your kitchen is going to be awesome. Woo hoo that T got a good report from the Vet. No I do not see the birds. Darn.

Jimmianne, doesn’t Scandi’s kitchen look like a great place to hang out?

Missy, Snacks are hanging out on the banister with Ace and Charlly and they are far away from the Killer Rabbits. I should hide all the KR before Marty gets home but then I’d probably never see my bears again. I am sorry they found some nodules in your thyroid and I hope the meds take care of that for you and help you feel better. Bug hugs to you!

Junebug, it is a good thing you can turn off that lane assist. I only had that lane assist on in my A6 for one day; I never turned it on again. I felt like I would wreck the car because it startled me so much. We have thrown out many protein shakers because Marty just doesn’t remember to rinse them out; they sure do stink. My comment is and you put that crap in your body? I find is interesting Marty uses it because he is so anti medicine or chemical yet he’ll drink protein supplements. It sounds like you guys had a very nice weekend. That’s nice your DH is enjoying his TV.

PierreBear, I am glad the weather was perfect for the bike ride. Those are some very cool bikes. Creme brûlée and custards are definitely not a bad thing. I am glad to hear the wedding was nice and sounds very special. Omaha steaks are pretty good; I switch between them and Kansas City Steaks. It depends on who I have a coupon for; but Omaha Steaks now offers a points / rewards system so I’ll probably stick with them. Marty likes me to order from OS because they are listed in his fitness pal. I have arthritis in my knees and my right knee is worse than my left. It just got mad I did so much on Saturday. It is almost back to it’s normal irritated state today.

One of my employees called me last night about a big mistake he just made. My boss wasn’t very happy so I stewed about that off and on all night. I’m sleepy today. My boss was surprisingly decent about it today though. He created some new reports to track things and that was it. We didn’t go in and talk to them until this afternoon so I am sure they were stewing all day about what we were going to say or do.

I had a ton to do at work so my day zipped by. I was planning on going to dinner with a friend tonight but she was unable to go at the last minute so I just baked one of my mini pizzas.

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Austina, good deal finding some great things at the outlet mall. You are having a great time on your trip.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mini pizza! A woman after my own heart.
We def. need to get together Marcy.

I ordered a weighted blanket and it arrives today. (!)
Always looking for comfort and sleep aides and am anticipating this will be helpful.
Made my reservations for return trip to France which was tricky with the strikes happening two out of every five days for three months. Difficult to get a train even on the good days and had to change my plane reservation when the trains for that day were booked. But set now. Hard to imagine having to be a french commuter trying to get to work every day.

Austina, I see now why you need a house! So you don't have to take cast iron skillets on the plane.

Am I the only one, or for some strange reason does it feel like it's time to remodel a kitchen??? :lol-2:

P

PierreBear

Hello! In class yesterday, we had our “reinterpretation project.” The original dish was green chili stew with hominy (type of corn). So I transitioned it to an entrée and instead of hominy, used cheesy polenta. We were asked to plate up two orders so I did one with a rustic feel and one that looks more fitting for a fancy restaurant. I think I’m a rustic girl but anyhow, I think it turned out fairly well. Had some uncertainties on when to pull off that pork tenderloin even though I had the thermometer with me but a kind student was cheering me on and giving me some guidance so in the end it was successful with that slightly pink center. Tons of leftovers as well so I brought that home so get to nibble on that the rest of the week. The other students did great and had very successful products too. Wish I took a picture of everyone’s but forgot.
20180326_193242.jpg
Now that @Austina has been talking about shopping. I’ve had something on my wish list for awhile and even though it’s not a big deal, I’ve been holding back on whether I actually need it. I might be caving in for a front door key fob that looks nicer than the basic circle key ring. I’m eye the one below and it would be neat to get it monogrammed. Anyone else have other recommendations? Or just say you’ve lived without one forever so don’t worry about it!

https://www.madewell.com/madewell_category/BAGS/bagaccessories/PRDOVR~B2294/B2294.jsp

@Scandinavian – Love your snow pictures. I feel like you live in a magical fairy land. So beautiful where you live.

@missy – Sorry to hear that you have nodules but hopefully they have it under control with the new medication. BIG HUGS!!! Are there any side effects to the medication?

@Austina – Hi friend! I have been to San Marcos occasionally. The other outlet mall close to Austin is Round Rock Outlet. Good job on the skinny jean find! I think jean shopping and shoe shopping are the things I hate to do the most… squeezing into something and acknowledging that it isn’t broken in yet but hopefully will is very confusing to me. Or maybe I’ve been shopping all wrong but you almost want it slightly uncomfortable (too tight) so that when it is worn in, it actually fits better later on. If you only brought 1 suitcase, guess you just have to come back more often!

In-laws live in Dallas about 3.5 hours away. Just close..ahhemm… far away enough. Haha just kidding. I do have very wonderful in-laws.

@marcy – Hmm haven’t heard of Kansas City Steaks. Have you tried aged steaks from Central Market or Whole Foods? So very different where it is very buttery but it’s “dry” where you don’t get much moisture/juice that comes from the steak. Still very delicious in a different way.

Sorry to hear about the arthritis bothering you and glad it’s feeling more normal today. You can always pretend it’s not arthritis and tell Marty to give you a massage. Hehe

@Jimmianne – Oh I haven’t heard of a weighted blanket. What did you get? I do like the comfort of blankets on top in the winter time and it feels strange to transition to a lighter one since it’s getting hotter over here. Glad you are set with your transportation. Look forward to some kitchen reno pictures from you!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
45B350D8-058A-4448-AF46-C507AEBDDEAD.jpeg @missy, no birds harmed shooting these pictures :P2:kiss2: they are safe, not hunting season.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear you make me hungry lol
@marcy you’re employees are too god (entertainment) to be true
@Jimmianne interesting blanket! Let us know how it works out

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy the birds are sitting in the horizon, far to the right.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Good afternoon!

Junie, Marcy, Austina, PierreBear, Jimmianne, Scandi, CJ, Rainwood, Sunstorm, Callie, and all the rest of you lovely ladies a(nd know who you are) thank you for all your good wishes and lovely comments and hugs. Just a blip on the radar of life right? Hopefully I can tolerate the medication and hopefully the nodules remain benign and not harmful and that my Hashimoto's can be controlled and that nothing else becomes involved. Fingers crossed.

@junebug17 thank you and (((hugs))). How are you doing today? Anything interesting planned this week? Weather is hitting 60 soon woohoo. Hope sweet Zoe and your human children are all doing well.

@marcy wow you are really priceless and I hope your boss knows that. What would they do without you there I can't imagine. Sorry your friend canceled on dinner but the mini baked pizza sounds delicious. I am sorry your arthritis is bothering you. This getting older thing has its challenges but it sure beats the alternative. Thank you and (((hugs))) back.

@Austina ooh yay for shopping and purchasing. Yes to skinny jeans and I bet you look fantastic in them and yes to a good sports bra. You really scored.

@Scandinavian gorgeous photos as always. Loving the winter scene so peaceful and serene. If only it wasn't so cold there I'd hop on the next boat (hahaha) and visit you. :kiss2:

@PierreBear oh that looks so lovely. You are a talented young woman and I am so happy you share your life with us.

@Jimmianne so happy you were able to make plans to return without too much difficulty. Wow it is challenging isn't it.
Haha yes please redo all your kitchens girls. Scandi and I are available for consult via email, text or phone. :D

@CJ2008 how are you doing? Thinking of you and Mousey and hoping all is well. XOXO

@Sunstorm if you are reading hi there how are you and (((hugs))). Hope you are having a good week and happy Passover in advance.

Have a lovely day ladies. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PBear that looks so delicious!

The blanket arrived and I think it's a winner. It did feel like being hugged when I took a brief test lie down.
If I recall correctly it weighs 12 pounds, which appropriate for my weight. It does not feel unduly heavy, just a gentle feeling of settling in. Full report in the morning.

Ah yes, Missy and Scandi, I do hope you make kitchen renovation house calls!
Off to the barn
xx

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Last night being in the same country :blackeye:

Didn’t do much today, just got some food for home made pizza tonight - definitely better than any store bought kind.

Hi @Jimmianne - your blanket sounds interesting, although I suspect would be too warm for me as I’m always hot stuff these days :lol:

60 degs definitely sounds like things are warming up there @missy, when will you be able to start cycling again? I expect you miss it during the winter months.

Sorry your friend couldn’t make dinner @marcy, seems like pizza is the dish du jour :D How’s your knee feeling today? Ugh to more work problems, I hope you got a better nights sleep to compensate for your sleepless night.

Hi @Scandinavian - love the snowy landscape. How are the munchkins doing?

Wow @PierreBear - definitely restaurant worthy dishes, they look good enough to eat :mrgreen2: You must be feeling more confident in your culinary prowess now, and you deserve a little treat so buy the key ring :D

We passed the Round Rock outlets on the way back from Aledo, but the traffic was building up so we didn’t want to stop.

Hi @junebug17 hope all is well with you.

We’re checked in, and I’ll finish packing in the morning, then we’re setting off for the airport at about 2pm.

Sorry to be leaving, but looking forward to getting home Thursday morning to my little girl. Tom emailed again to say she’s fine and being very good.

I’ll see you on the other side on Thursday :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies.

Last night being in the same country. Sorry to be leaving.

Yes me too. Leaving. Back to more cold and snow....is that possible? ugh and dread....say it out loud since there are NO emoties....

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Safe travels Austina ( can I call you hot stuff? Lol) and a welcome home to you.

Sharon sorry you are dreading reentry into inhospitable weather. Always a place for you in the sunny south if you want to escape!

You guys might think I'm nuts, but the blanket was a profoundly amazing success. When I would wake slightly during the night there was a strong feeling of wellbeing and my amount of sleep went from a discouraging 5 or 6 hours to a solid 8 1/2.
This reflects the claims made of weighted blankets but I assumed it was hype.
If anyone is interested here is an article which explains the science http://www.ptsdjournal.com/posts/sl...anket-helps-insomnia-and-anxiety-study-finds/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@Austina safe travels home and so glad Dottie is doing well. I am sure she will be over the moon happy when you return to her.
Yes we are expecting 60s within a couple of days. Woohoo. Cycling will follow soon after hopefully. Greg still has to put everything away in the new kitchen and clean up. The house is a bit of a wreck I am told. :o

@Jimmianne so pleased for you that the weighted blanket is a success. Way to help you sleep well. Nice going.
And yes @Scandinavian and I are happy to make house calls for our dear NIRDIs. :halo:

I cannot believe it is Passover/Easter weekend coming up. Wow time just speeds by. But thankful we made it through the winter and looking forward to lovely temperate weather. Fingers crossed.
What are everyone's holiday plans?

Off to get more coffee. Ahhh coffee. :kiss2:
Have a good Wednesday girls!:wavey:

coffeeandiv.gif

P

PierreBear

Hello! Ok… I ended up getting the key ring. It does look lovely and the monogramming was free. I think it looks great but it’s a bit bulky with two car keys and a work key fob and other house keys… I did some rearranging and will be keeping things separate but so far I think it will work out. Small things in life to keep things interesting. Oh and I’m reporting back on the ice cream maker/product. I’m not really a fan so far. You can make a product but once you put it into the freezer, it’s really really really hard! You are probably thinking of course…. you have to defrost it before serving. However, I think ice cream you buy at the store must have some stabilizers in it so even though it is firm, you can still scoop it out instead of waiting to defrost it and it’s still nice and creamy with the right texture. From what I’ve seen, it’s a solid piece of deliciousness that doesn’t have that right texture. Tastes good though but maybe not worth the trouble. It’s been fun and I think we will continue to have fun but in hindsight, should take the money we put into the ice cream maker even though it wasn’t expensive and just buy ice cream instead. So in case ya’ll are wondering, I don’t fully recommend ice cream maker or instapot. This has been fun, I wish I was a product reviewer as a part time job. Haha ya’ll have a great day!

Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@Scandinavian – Wonderful photos as always!

@missy – Enjoy Passover with the family.

@Jimmianne – Wow, I’m glad that blanket worked well. Even though it’s heavy, does that mean it’s too warm for the summertime? I’m glad it feels like a big hug all night long and you are sleeping well.

@Austina – Awww I’m glad you spent as much time as you could with family. Safe travels back home. Good for you on homemade pizza! I’ve never done it before. Did you make your own dough or it was made already and you just roll it out? It’s that part of the process that still intimidates me even though I know Marcy enjoys it.

@canuk-gal – Safe travels and glad you had some time basking in the sun. Coming back nice and tanned I bet!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes me too. Leaving. Back to more cold and snow....is that possible? ugh and dread....say it out loud since there are NO emoties....

@canuk-gal Oh I missed this sorry Sharon! Safe travels!!! And oh no I hope all your snow melts very soon and spring flowers come your way before you know it.

62CE665A-DE51-4DE2-A14C-73D7CE123F4D.gif 0B729B3D-72DA-48FA-9D4D-555E1B25D86F.gif A0D0F8C6-04E2-4DC4-A194-9BF5B158E857.gif

@PierreBear I hope my explanation made sense to you. I’m not a scholar on the topic but I had a bat-mitzvah (40 years ago lol) so I do know something about the holidays. Let me know if there’s something you want a clearer explanation of and have a wonderful holiday with your family and enjoy your running.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, just wanted to check in, my sister is in NJ visiting her grandson so I drove up yesterday to see her and the baby , stayed overnight and today I’m dropping by my brother’s place for a while since he’s in the area - will catch up once I’m back home. Have a great day!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We should be almost at the airport by now, but the thunderstorms overnight and this morning delayed incoming flights by approx 3 hrs. So we’re not setting off til 4pm, I rang Avis to extend the drop off time till 5pm.

It’s cleared up now, so hopefully won’t have a bumpy flight home, but we don’t take off til 9pm, so straight to sleep for us as soon as we can.

Safe journey home @canuk-gal :( to the cold and snow, hope you’ve had a great time in Palm Springs.

I have made pizza dough at home in my bread maker @PierreBear but we used organic bases from Costco that come with sachets of sauce, they’re lovely and thin, and turned out really well.

I’ve made frozen yoghurt in my ice cream maker, and that turn out well, but yes, it’s a faff, and easier just to buy it ready made :lol:

Glad you got the key ring, and are pleased with it. I have 3 sets of keys in my bag too!

Awww that was nice catching up with your sister and her family @junebug17, hope all is well with your brother, safe trip home.

I’m glad the blanket is working out for you @Jimmianne I’d love to be able to sleep more, but I’m always flinging the covers off and sticking my arms and legs outin an effort to keep cool. :roll

Hi @marcy I hope you get through the day without any work annoyances.

On no to the house being a wreck @missy, thank goodness for having such a clever and capable DH. Are you getting excited to see it all completed?

Well the good news is, I got everything in the case, but the bad news is, it weighs a ton :lol: We should be within our 32kgs limit so fingers crossed :pray:

Bye for now :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, I make one pizza then divide the dough in to fourths and make up mini pizzas to freeze. It works great. That is awesome you slept so well with the weighted blanket. I have a lot of aches in both my knees and feet and I find heavy covers bother me. What a pain to plan your trips around train schedules. I agree that would be a big hassle for commuters.

PierreBear, your dishes look fabulous. You could go on Chopped. That’s great you have nice in-laws. We have tried steaks from Whole Foods. They were okay but we don’t have a local Whole Foods so I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy them. Our Sams Club has decent steaks. I’d never complain to Marty about my aches and pains; he’d try to get me downstairs lifting. Someone told me today you can count jumping to conclusions as exercise. I’ll have to use that line on Marty sometime. We had an ice cream maker too and I think we made ice cream once then gave it away. It was too much work and I still can’t say I’m interested in an Insta-pot. I’ll vote for you to be a product reviewer. Glad you like the key ring.

Scandi, pretty snow picture. I’ll go see if I can find the birds.

Missy, everything is a blip in our life, right? Us NIRDI’s just keep going! I hope your medicine works like a charm. My dad always said getting old isn’t for sissies. He was so right. I was just telling Dee Jay in another thread I am getting to the point where I am just not letting work stuff upset me. I feel like “what’s the point?” That stress isn’t going to change anything. Has your weather finally warmed up? Are you having Easter dinner with your family? We don’t have any plans. Marty is having some weight lifting buddy come up from Colorado Saturday to work out and I guess we are feeding him. Do you think I should make them cookies? Then he is going to play poker that night. I didn’t realize this weekend was Easter; I thought it was next weekend.

Austina, darn. It was nice having you in a similar time zone. Safe travels going home. It does sound like pizzas are popular this week. I did sleep well the night before last but not last night. I am worried how long Marty will remain employed. They did a re-org and the 3 of them doing this job didn’t get put under anyone so far. Oh oh. Scary times. Dottie will be happy to see you.

Sharon, it is hard to go home after a nice trip. Hopefully we are getting down to somewhat warmer weather. Have a safe trip home.

Junebug, how fun to catch up with your sister, brother and of course the baby. Are you feeling more comfortable driving your Macan?

I’ve had 2 crazy busy days at work. Mid March to Mid April is crazy busy for us. I had 2 people out yesterday and today but the 3 employees I had can do the most work and they kicked butt. I told them they did an awesome job. I did all of their updates and helped them do some of their work. It’s funny you get some of the passive aggressive people away from each other and it’s an entirely different world in there.

Marty told me last night how is doesn’t know who he’ll be working for and so I stewed about that most of the night. I would never be stunned if he told me they let him go. They keep cutting more and more people.

For some reason I thought Easter was next weekend once I realized it was this weekend I write a few Easter cards to send to some relatives. They’ll probably arrive late but it’s the thought that counts.

Dumb Marcy trick last night. I have a cardboard box that I was just throwing out in to the garage to put in the trash this morning. I pitched it and it landed on the hood of my Macan instead of flying on by. Luckily it was empty and I couldn’t see any scratches. You know if there is a scratch Marty will spot it in an instant.

Have a great day.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie how fun and I hope you are having a wonderful visit. I love babies so much. .:love: As long as I dont have to take care of them that is.8-)

Austina haha glad you got to take home a "few" souvenirs and hope you arrived home safely. Hugs to Dottie from me please.:halo:

Sharon hope you are home safe and sound and had a good trip back. And I hope it isn't too cold or snowy by you. Cmon warm temps.:pray:

Marcy oops that was a close call and whew to no scratches on the Macan. Glad the employees who were at work these crazy past 2 workdays kicked butt and made up for the employees who were not at work. Sounds like the right combo of people who showed up and yay for accomplishing a lot. If there is one thing I hate more than almost anything it's passive aggressive people. Ugh. Just say what you mean yanno?

I am so sorry about your worries about Marty and his job. Sending you bucketloads of good luck dust and lots of good wishes and hugs. No matter what it will all somehow be OK. (((HUGS))).

Greg's at the beach house now cleaning up and putting things away and he is going tomorrow too as there is lots to do there. And he sent the final check to our GC. Good riddance to him and his nasty wife. Back to more pleasant things. Some photos of our babies from yesterday. For some reason Tommy just loves laying all over our bags. Last night he was on Greg's work bag. Hahaha so adorable Tommy is. And some more pics I took of the others yesterday afternoon. Not a bad pic in the bunch because our fur babies are so darn photogenic.:kiss:

Sir Tommy
tommyonbag.jpg

HRH Francesca
francescaonottoman.jpg

francescacloseup.jpg

hrhlayingonpillow.jpg

Sir Fred
fredoncouchnexttomommy.jpg

Big Bobby
bobbystretchingouttoonoroomforanyhumanstoobadsosad.jpg

Have a good day girls!:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys so sorry for having been MIA. DH and I went on a trip and we just got back.

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm thinking of you and looking forward to catching up and saying hi.

I saw only the last post with the lovely pictures of the kitties.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Hugs.

P

PierreBear

Tomorrow is Good Friday and we have the day off. DH and I will be making the trip to Louisiana and there will certainly be a crawfish broil involved. I know @Austina isn’t a fan but I’ll eat tons of those bad boys up! Will be nice to see Grandma and there is a new baby in the family too that we haven’t seen yet. Hope ya’ll have a great Easter break and eat some extra chocolate bunnies for me. Yum… I love discounted chocolate the day after. hahaha

@Austina – Did all the samosas get eaten already before you left? I’m sure Dottie is very excited to see you and needs some extra petting. Hope the flight was fine for ya’ll.

@marcy – Nice to hear about your awesome employees and how efficient they can be in the right environment. Hope things start to slow down for you at work. Sorry to hear that Marty has some uncertainty on who he will be working for but hopefully it will all sort itself out properly as he’s a very hard working and dedicated person. Whew, good news there weren’t any scratches on the car when you were tossing out the box!

@missy – Beautiful cats. What does HRH stand for in front of Francesca? I bet the kitties miss the beach house too!

@CJ2008 – Hope ya’ll had a great trip. Where did you go? Fun times I hope!

@junebug17 – Hope you had fun visiting with family. Get settled back at home! Enjoy that new car of yours.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful cats. What does HRH stand for in front of Francesca? I bet the kitties miss the beach house too!

Thank you @PierreBear and Haha yes I bet you’re right. They LOVE the beach house. All the wildlife and the big glass windows and doors to gaze through plus all the feral friends. It’s a feast for the eyes.

HRH stands for her royal highness. She has a much longer title but I will spare you her full name as we don’t have that much space or time lol.

Here’s a pic from last time we were all at the beach house together.

69B9ADBE-12F5-4D9E-BD5E-CC078FB64C21.jpeg

Have a safe trip and wonderful Easter with your family and yay for discounted chocolate. :lickout:

Hi @CJ2008 ! Hope you had a wonderful trip. Hugs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, very glad to hear that Greg is getting the house in order, sounds like he is making progress you must be looking forward to seeing your beautiful new kitchen! Aw, adorable pics of the kitties, and the spots they choose are so funny sometimes. I found Zoe sleeping on a shelf in our closet the other day lol.

PB, so glad you had fun at the bike race with your family. Love the pics of the antique tandem bikes, very cool! The wedding sounds like it was lovely too. I thought I had figured out a way to permanently shut the feature off, and the idling feature as well, but not sure, they seem to be on sometimes the next time I start the car, which I'm a little bummed about. And the new tv is one of the curved ones lol! Right now the old one is in the living room, on the floor :???: but we're going to put it in ds's room. Thanks for the review on the ice cream maker, and I'm sorry it didn't work out a little better for you. Your dishes look delicous! Congrats on getting the tenderloin to turn out just right.

Scandi, such a pretty pic of your furbaby looking for birds :love:

Austina, how fun you got some shopping in, good find on the jeans! And good for you for managing to get all your goodies back home. Sorry about the flight delays and I hope the return trip went smoothly.

Jimmianne, it's great that the blanket seems to be working for you! My brother suffers from insomnia and anxiety, I'm going to suggest it to him. It can't hurt to try. Making your travel arrangements does sound complicated and I'm glad you were able to get it all straightened out.

Marcy, I hope your knees are feeling a little better, sorry they were acting up on you. Lol to Marty making you lift if you mention it! I just saw a squirrel by the bird feeder and it made me think of you and your father's battles with the squirrels lol. So far my squirrel seems happy to just eat what falls on the ground. Your mini pizzas sound yummy. How great that your employees came throught and did a great job, so glad about that. Sorry you're feeling stressed about Marty's job situation to the point it's interfering with your sleep, it's understandable but try to hang in there, things will somehow work out and you guys will be ok. (((Hugs))). Whew, very glad your car didn't get scratched! I am having a great time driving the Macan, it is SO much fun to drive! I love how solid it feels, it really hugs the road and the pick-up is great. And I love the big vroom it makes when it starts lol. Only having some slight issues with settings, as you can see in my comments to PB, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Sharon, sorry to hear you're heading back to cold weather, ugh. Hopefully Spring will arrive soon for you.

Had a great time with my sister and the baby, actually he turned one this week! Can't believe it. He's adorable. Nice seeing my brother, and I helped him move his refrigerator back into the kitchen lol. Thank goodness for that hand truck. This weekend is a busy one for us - my dd is coming tomorrow with her bf and staying overnight - it's her birthday so we're going out to eat to celebrate - on Saturday dh and I are going to a birthday party for my great-nephew, and on Sunday we're going to dh brother's house for dinner.

I'd better get moving, the house is kind of a wreck and I have a lot of straightening/cleaning to do, ugh. And today I woke up to an army of tiny ants marching around the kitchen and family room, which caused me to say some bad words. I don't like to do this, but I had to use a little bug spray and stick those ant traps in several spots. Desparate times call for desparate measures!

Have a Great Thursday everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovelies

Just a quick fly by to say we’re home, eventually, really tired and trying to stay awake till a reasonable time.

Dottie’s fine, was fast asleep when we went to collect her :roll2:

Will catch up tomorrow.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I had all my employees there today and the stupid childish behavior reared it’s ugly head again. Three passive aggressive people in a small room can get pretty ugly. Sigh. That for the good wishes on Marty’s job; he does always land on his feet. That will be nice to be rid of the GC and his unpleasant wife but of course that means your new kitchen is ready to enjoy. Your sweet kitties are adorable and I can tell they are very pampered. I can totally see why you love going to the beach house.

CJ, I hope you had a lovely trip with your DH. Where did you go?

PierreBear, have a safe trip to Louisiana and enjoy visiting with the family. I did buy both of us a chocolate bunny but no very big ones. We’ll have 3 weeks of really busy time at work and today was a real challenge. One more day to go this week.

Junebug, I am glad you are thoroughly enjoying driving your Macan. I think you can shut both of those features off on your car but I don’t remember how; maybe in the car menu? Do you like the curved TV? We got the flat one because I usually set to the side of the TV. Marty never said I couldn’t set on the couch with him but we end up picking on each other - yes we are like a couple of kids. It’s safer setting on the loveseat. I am glad the hear the squirrels aren’t taking over your bird feeder. My dad sure did battle the squirrels for years and he usually lost. You do have a busy and fun weekend planned. Oh no to the ant invasion! I hope your spray and traps took care of them.

Austina, thanks for letting us know you arrived home okay and I am sure Dottie was thrilled to see both of you.

Marty is on a plane right now but I doubt I’ll be awake when he gets home. I’ll leave a bear by the door to greet him.

Work was really long and challenging today but I walked out the door at 5 and told my employees to do the same. One more day. Woo hoo!

I met a friend for lunch today and she brought her daughter today. I think she is in 4th grade. She’s pretty cute. Yesterday was her birthday so I bought her lunch; she filled up on chips and salsa though so didn’t really eat much.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 haha I can just picture sweet Zoe sleeping on the shelf in the closet. Cats are so funny adorable and sweet and their brains work in mysterious ways that is for sure. So glad you are enjoying your Macan.:appl:
What are your plans for Easter?

@marcy yes he will land on his feet no matter what and sending more good wishes and hugs your way. I caught HRH texting you know who last night:whistle:
Glad you had a lovely lunch with your friend and her DD and how sweet of you to treat for her birthday. That is a good age (4th grade is about 9 or so I believe) and kids are sweet at that age. Most of the time that is.:cheeky:
I am sorry work is continuing to be challenging but woohoo for leaving by 5PM. You gotta keep your sanity and leaving everything behind when you leave and leaving before they drive you totally mad is the way to do it. :appl:
What are your Easter plans marcy?

@Jimmianne so glad the blanket is working well for you. I might just need to try that...do they make it in King size?
Do you have any Easter activities coming up Jimmianne?

@Austina thank you for letting us know you have arrived safely and yay for Dottie being with you guys again. Glad she seems A OK.
Home just in time for the holidays.

@PierreBear have fun in Louisiana. Are you cooking there? I would think it would be quite the treat for everyone if you got to show off your mad cooking skills for the family.

@CJ2008 hope you are getting back into the routine of being home easily and were able to sort through everything mail etc and are settling in comfortably. I cannot believe it is already Easter/Passover weekend. Wow. Spring is getting here slowly but surely.

Hi @Scandinavian how are you? I am sure there is a lot of activity going on by you with Easter prep and all. Hope all is well.

Greg just left for day 2 or is it day 3 of project cleanup. Have a good day girls.:wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 lol this is for you. That Tommy. I think he and Zoe are destined for each other. This is in Greg's workroom. Hahaha cats are so freaking adorable aren't they? I mean look at that face. What a mush!:lol::love::cool2:

tommyhardatwork.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy what a great picture of Tommy. I'm sure he thinks Greg built that unit just for cat naps.
Easter really snuck up on me and I didn't even have time to send DD a card. Honestly at my age I have trouble remembering if Easter is coming or going. Not that my memory is bad just that the years seem to blend into each other! I'll see something blooming in the yard and think...wait a second didn't I just take a picture of that last week??! No that was last year. Omg lol

I do hope the NIRDIs get to try PBears "mad cooking skills" some day.
I have a vision...Marcy and PBear cooking up a storm at Scandi's new stove. Of course the rest of us will have some job like settling the table or even better, doing an imitation of my grandmother. She would always say "oh I know you don't want me in your kitchen so I'll just sit here and read" lol

Austina, how is your jet lag? I've been home ...a week ?? Ish???..and woefully lazy. The old "eat, read, sleep and repeat routine.
What are you thinking today about a house in the states? I am now working on the inheritance issues for DD with a house in another country. French lawyer says talk to American lawyer and Am. lawyer says talk to the French.

Happy feline fine Friday everyone
xx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results