carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1432551441|3880934 said:
Good morning NIRDIs and Happy Memorial Day Monday!

Sarah, so glad you are doing well and out of those dark days. It's amazing how something so traumatic can seem like it lasts forever and at the same time go so fast. I know that doesn't make sense but you might get what I mean having been through that challenging experience because that's how it was for me. It all went so fast yet each day seemed painstakingly slow at times. As soon as you work out the insert situation you will feel so much more like your old self. But new and improved with hopefully no more pain and able to do activities you couldn't do before the surgery.

Orsi,, I am sorry your friend betrayed you and know that is all them and not you. Difficult times in life can show you who your true friends are and for that reason you can look at this as a gift. Sure, not something you would have ever chosen to go through if you did not have to but one thing that does come out of it that is good is it shows you who is there for you always and who really never was a true friend. (((HUGS))).

I am so glad you got to go away and enjoyed the weekend. About your mom my only advice is know her limitations with respect to being there for you and understand she has her own vulnerabilities and is likely doing the best she can. Know she cannot be how you want her to be (a very hard thing to accept) and just keep your distance when she acts difficult and unpleasant and lean on her only so much as she cannot give you all the support you need. I am so sorry Orsi.

There are many disappointments in life and sometimes it all gets to be too overwhelming but if there is one thing I have learned is that if we give it some time circumstances change for the better or the worse but nothing stays static for long. Always remember one day at a time to get through a bad situation. So if I am having a particularly terrible day/week or even month I realize if I can just hold on for a bit longer the situation might improve. I feel you are almost near the end of the nightmare journey you have been on with your ex. Think how far you have come and soon the end of this chapter will be here and it will be like you are out of a jail cell. Free from this situation and free to move on and start a new chapter so to speak. From one HSP to another big hugs.

Kristie, when we have a lot of guests over that is how I feel-happy when they are there but happy to have the quiet back again and my home in order. However yesterday I didn't feel that way as we only had a few people over and it was perfect. And when they left I was almost sad to see them go LOL. The weather was just perfect and the company great and we all had a wonderful time. And while we were sitting there chatting in the backyard I was thinking I love being here and do I really want to start over. Listening to the waves and smelling the sea air. I want that wherever we go if we relocate. It is rejuvenating and cathartic and peaceful all at the same time if that makes sense.

How was your Sunday? DO you have any special plans today? Is your weather warming up?

Callie, how is your sweet doggie today? I hope you and Jeff have a great day with friends today. Greg and I have a rule that we each have our own bathroom and then a bathroom for guests. Fortunately in each home we have 4 bathrooms so it all works out. And of course the bathrooms in the master bedrooms are mine and Greg uses the one outside the bedroom. Though of course in the middle of the night he uses my bathroom. That is just fine and works well for both of us. :bigsmile:

Our contractor told us many couples break up during a renovation OMG and the fact that Greg and I made it through out total gut renovation in 2004 was a testimony to the strength of our relationship. Not so sure about that as we didn't live there during the reno but we did check it out every day and yes we did have some stressful moments like when red paint had been spilled all over our new wood floors by the crew and left there overnight!!! :nono: I had checked on the apt that night when I finished work for the day and when I saw that I called Greg up frantic and yelling LOL (not funny at the time) and he had to call our contractor and well it was quite the upsetting experience.

We had many other stressful situations pop up like that during the reno so I can see where it is a good test of the relationship. When we finally renovate the beach kitchen (if we stay here) we will not be living here during the reno but rather stay in Brooklyn till it is complete. No way would we live through a renovation if we had any other choice!

Marcy, good morning and thank you for the extra pictures of your delicious bling! It is interesting we are all on a similar page thought wise about retirement and selling our homes and all that can go wrong. I feel in the end everything will work out but who knows what that means. We all know about the best laid plans LOL but in my heart I feel things eventually do work out. Either that or I am deluding myself but either way it's how I get through it all haha.

I hope you are wearing your new earrings and enjoying the holiday and that your weather is improving with more sun and warmth. What are your Memorial day plans?

Junie, hoping you and your family are having a marvelous holiday at the beach and also hoping the new beach home sale is in progress. Hello and Hugs to you!

Jimmianne, hello and hugs to you and Puff and the rest of the crew as well. How is your weekend going? I know you are busy getting everything all ready for guests next weekend but hope you are also taking time to smell the roses and enjoy the unofficial start of summer. Woohoo! Winter is gone and summer is here. :appl:

We had a great weekend and today we hope to do a very long bike ride as we couldn't cycle yesterday due to having our friends over and there was too much prep to do for a morning ride yesterday. Looking forward to a good ride today. Hoping all the NIRDI girls enjoy the holiday and love to you all. Attaching a pic from yesterday. Red was the color of the day. :sun:

Missy, just wanted to pop in and say how I love the picture of you and Greg! Almost a year since the accident but look how wonderful you look now! I knew it would be a long haul and it was but it is so good to see you up and about and cycling again! I hope you have a wonderful summer this year full of nothing but blue skies and great cycling!! Lord knows you deserve it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

I’ve got a rabbit on my laptop and my iPad. BRATS! Our cleaning lady left 2 of them chewing on their stuffed carrot, the original Killer Rabbit is buried under my teddy bears and my Killer Rabbit looks like he’s whispering in my teddy bear’s ear. It’s funny that she poses our critters for us when she cleans.

LLJsmom, I am near retirement and still can’t wrap my head around it. Your kids tuition will definitely take a bit out of retirement funds. I have no idea what that line is in my EC. If it is a reflection from the ring or prongs I’d think it would be even. I used my WF arrows viewer on it last night and I can see it from the top and one side. It doesn’t look like it comes through to the surface. I noticed it in my photos the first time I got the ring home and took photos. I can see it easily in certain light naked eye. Since the jeweler made me an entirely new ring I would think if the stone was cracked they would have mentioned it to me when I left it there for them to mount in the new ring. It’s a mystery to me. I like your bracelets. Very pretty.

Missy, I will quit whining about finding an alternate route; I am worried about you and Greg dealing with more traffic when you are cycling. I tried the highway today and it was really busy and took me almost 10 minutes more. Coming home I tried a different way and ran in to a big old mile stretch of construction and detour – that route would have been great. Maybe I’ll call in sick until construction is over. Notice how I said I’d quit whining about construction then proceeded to do so.

Jimmianne, you sound like me; nothing I like more than helping someone picture out jewelry and diamonds / gemstones. It is as much fun as buying something for myself. I like your idea of making counter offers for things; I might start doing that myself. They can no more than say no.

Junebug, it is interesting how some people like quiet and others can’t stand it. When Marty is gone I have on the TV for noise but rarely put on something I really want to watch so I can read or do something on my computer. When Marty’s hear he prefers music which he plays LOUD and likes to read or work on his painting or drawing. I hope you don’t let your sister bother you. One of my sisters is very bitter and judgmental. Sometimes she says such insensitive things. My mom and my other sister always let her get to them; I just decided I’m not going to let her ruin my day.

Hi Kristie!

Hi MissGotRocks!

We ordered pizza for supper. They called and said they sent me the wrong pizza (my small one) and they were sending another one. My replacement pizza got here before our original order. The first driver got lost. You can’t find our address on GPS or google; the street is new. So I guess Papa Johns is sending us coupons for free pizza. We ate about 7 and I ordered it about 5:40.

Mother Nature looks like she’s pretty angry at someone in my neighborhood. I think I’ll text me friend that lives a few blocks away and ask her what the heck she did?

Have a great evening and Thursday.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1432768442|3882008 said:
Missy, just wanted to pop in and say how I love the picture of you and Greg! Almost a year since the accident but look how wonderful you look now! I knew it would be a long haul and it was but it is so good to see you up and about and cycling again! I hope you have a wonderful summer this year full of nothing but blue skies and great cycling!! Lord knows you deserve it!

Hi MissGotRocks! Thank you so much for stopping by here and making my day brighter. And thank you for helping me through that challenging time. I appreciate all your encouragement, cheer and hugs. How are you and your family? I hope all is well. Biggest hugs to you and thank you for everything!

LLJsmom, thank you also for your lovely comments. As for your children hopefully by the time they are college age they will be able to get big money scholarships at the school of their choice. Fingers crossed. I am interested to hear what marathons/activities you have coming up. I know NYC is in November if I remember correctly but anything in between now and then?

Kristie, first of all I want to say I agree 100% with everything you said about colonoscopies etc. and am hoping I can do the cologuard test. I certainly do not see myself doing a colonoscopy before then at least.

Can you believe my internist still hasn't called us or emailed us our lab results? We are going to the beach house tomorrow (woohoo!) for 2 weeks and he only has our Brooklyn # which is the number he uses to speak to us re our yearly lab results. So I guess I am going to have to message him if we don't hear from him tonight.

I forgot to tell the NIRDIs that my internist's practice now charges an annual $30 fee to just use their patient portal system online to make appointments and view results. LOL talk about nickel and diming your patients. Greg was pissed because he viewed it as unprofessional and as nickel and diming us and he told our internist that who of course was lovely about it. I didn't think it was worth the energy as it is a huge practice and it wasn't just our internist's decision if it involved him at all. It is annoying to be charged for the privilege of using the patient portal system as the front staff never answers the phone so if we didn't pay we would be at the mercy of them answering the phone. We paid the fee. Of course now I want our lab results OK? And I want to talk to him about Cologuard. Thanks for the link. I already read through it and have it ready to share with my internist.

I see you started a window covering thread. I have nothing to add that I haven't already shared with you expect that I hate vertical blinds. My sister has them and I just don't care for the look so glad to see you are changing it. I like the idea of Costco installing them as their return policy is so favorable. We just ordered 2 more Adirondack chairs from them. They are not the same as the 4 we already have unfortunately but I couldn't see them in person (I ordered on their website) before I ordered so hoping it looks similar enough. They are so comfortable I just wanted to have more for our guests when they visit. Hint hint hint... :cheeky:

How is Finn this morning? Is HRH Maggie behaving herself now I hope? Poor sweet Finnie boy! Bobby can be a bully sometimes and attack the other kitties and it is very upsetting when that happens. And seemingly for no reason so I totally understand how distressing it is for you when Maggie attacks Finnie. Please tell her to behave or her Aunt Missy will have to fly down there under much duress and tranquilizing meds haha and have a stern chat with her. Behave Ms Maggie or else!

Callie, I am so relieved your sweet baby is all better. That vaccination certainly had side effects for her that lasted a long time. Does your vet have any idea how to minimize the next round? I believe she has the flu vaccination left as well as another part of the rabies vaccination? Hoping she doesn't have the same bad side effects to that extent this time. Hugs to her!

How did car shopping go yesterday? Any news or info? Exciting but stressful so I understand how you might be feeling. Hoping it went well.

Marcy, you must have been starved by the time you ate the pizza. I know when I order take out I want it ASAP usually. We have a chinese food restaurant nearby where literally from time of order to delivery is less than 10 minutes LOL. I LOVE that about them. Once it took 30 minutes and I was on the phone checking what happened hehe. You can bet we tip big when the food arrives so fast and so hot. Sweet for you in getting an extra pizza for your trouble though!

LOL your cleaning lady poses your rabbits and bears haha. I love it. It's nice to be surrounded by people with a good sense of humor. Makes life so much more pleasant. :bigsmile:
Have you received any furbaby packages yet? :naughty:

Feel free to vent about construction Marcy. Remember this is the place to do it. And please be careful as well. I hate change and alternate routes certainly change up the routine. Let's all remain safe during the construction!

I always have the tv on in the background when Greg is away but the sound is very low and I too am usually on my computer and rarely watching the tv. I only watch when I am with Greg usually. I just like the company the tv provides though I do value quiet I also don't like total quiet if I am alone usually. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but there you have it.

Hi Junie, I am glad you are not letting her bother you with her insensitive comments and petty jealousy. I hope you are having a good visit with your mom and sending hugs your way!

Hi Ovi, Sharon, Jimmianne! Hope you guys are having a good week. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Missy. Happy TGIFriday.

For some reason my email is now going out with a little picture in the right hand corner of me with my head wrapped in a towel. ugh. I have NO idea why it is there or how to get rid of it. I think I took that picture with my computer to capture Puff looking over my shoulder while I was writing. Perhaps HE pressed some button to send it to the world when my back was turned. He's that kind of a guy.

I've started wearing my "Little D" RB again. Gosh it doesn't take much diamond [0.60] to make a person happy. I love the little diamonds - a spark on the finger and great for stacking. I'm surprised how much I like it, so that idea of putting rings away for a while to fall in love all over again really works! This was a diamond that I sold to a PSer but during our conversations I could tell that she really wanted something bigger so I kept it and she went for a beautiful WF almost 1ct. She became my first PS friend : ) Meanwhile I'm glad to have it - it will probably be the only D I EVER have LOL.
img_8281.jpg

So - I"m babbling. I guess that's what people do when they are having company and there is so much to do to get ready that they sit writing to friends instead.
I hope everyone is feeling well and bushy-tailed this morning ready to seize the day! Except OV, who is way ahead of us! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm excited about your vacation! :dance: Hope you get the test results soon, it's frustrating to have to wait for something like that.

Marcy, you have me craving pizza now lol! Yep, I agree, I'm not going to let anyone get me down, and she seems to be in a better place now lol. That is too funny that your cleaning lady poses your animals, very cute! And feel free to complain all you want about the construction! This thread is perfect for that!

Jimmianne, what's up with that pic just appearing? How strange - I think the culprit might indeed be Puff lol! Seriously though, I hope you can figure out how to remove it, weird!

I love your solitaire and bands! :love: I'm glad you're enjoying wearing that pretty sparkler! I love that it's a D, I think it would be very cool to own a diamond of that color. You are actually inspiring me right now - I have a 1 carat diamond that I received for my 25th, and it is definitely not PS quality but it's very pretty anyway! :cheeky: I have been playing around with resetting it into a solitaire and having fun stacking it with different bands. I know this sounds weird after all my talk of finger coverage, but I think it would look pretty and it's a shame to have a diamond just sitting in my jewelry box doing nothing haha! Here is a pic of the current set -

Calliecake, very glad to read your pooch is feeling better! :appl: Whew, what a relief, it's always worrisome when a pet isn't behaving normally.

Ok, half the day is gone and I've managed to accomplish absolutely nothing :shock: I should at least make an attempt at doing something, will check in later!

junering2.jpg

dsc01128.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I love that 0.6. It is sweet and beautiful. You should wear it more!! And I love the twisted shank!!

Junebug, I can't stand unused diamonds too!! Reset it so you'll wear it all the time!

Have a great vacation Missy!! Hopefully you will get your test results soon!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie and Jimmianne, I LOVE those RB solis with the stackers! :love: :love: :love: They look amazing on your hands, what is not to love? OMG, my pear diamond is prolly not PS quality (hahaha, not sure what that is, I thought most of us were "oooooh sparkly!" peeps!) but I love it anyhoo.

Missy, I hate the patient portal. They don't seem to work reliably and now we are being asked to pay for the privilege of being IGNORED and relegated to the vagaries of software? That is, just, just, CRAZEEEE! I'm with Greg on this. Mayo started their patient portal 3 years ago and its a hoot because a lot of people over 60 can't handle it and the 70 and 80-year-old population? Fuggedaboutit, not gonna happen. Giving patients their lab results is easy: Quick phone call from med tech or med secretary to say "Your lab results are being mailed to you---your test results for XYZ are _____ (for tests of immediate concern like Coumadin/warfarin, blood sugar, etc.) If you have any questions after receiving your results, please call us." BOOM DONE.

Maggie finally calmed down yesterday and stopped going after poor sweet Finn. My nerves were SHOT, I made Bob take me out to Smashburger for dinner :lol: I love Smashburger, do you guys? Missy, they have veggie burgers :bigsmile: I came home and put a shot of Crystal Head Vodka into an icy glass of ginger ale and watched the last of "Justified."

Have you guys watched "Justified?" IMHO its one of the top 4 TV shows of all time. Its amazing. I watch it on Amazon Prime and I'm going to turn around now that I've finished it and watch it AGAIN from the get-go, that's how good it is. Even though its a drama its amazingly funny and philosophical too. The acting and writing is the best. If you guys have not seen it, I can't recommend it enough.

Now I'm on to watch the last season of "Mad Men." I love Don Draper, poor bastard can't get a break, not one. That show is the definition of no good deed goes unpunished. I hope they redeem Peggy Olson in the last episodes, I thought she developed into a really bitter and nasty woman. Joan, she's complex.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie and Jimmianne, love your rings! Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Jimmianne, love the D. It is Delicious. Weird about the photo lol. Can you delete it? LOL that Puffie boy always joking around. Gotta love him!

I agree Junie, reset to something wearable that you will enjoy! I need to take my own advice LOL. And thanks for the good thoughts and happy wishes Junie!

LLJsmom, thank you! Looking forward to 2 weeks with Greg.

Kristie, let me know when you finish Mad Men. Sad it is over but I thought the ending was good. Buck however was disappointed and he makes valid points so when you are finished we can discuss it if you are interested. Just going to say I love Joan and still don't care for Peggy much.I agree they made her bitter and angry in the last couple of years.

I am glad Maggie is behaving herself today. I never heard of Smashburger. Greg said he heard of it but knows nothing else but the name. Some help he is lol.

I have to check out Justified because you are recommending it so highly. Thanks. I love getting recs for good shows. Looks like we have a lot of rain coming during vacation so far so I need some good recs. I am keeping upbeat no matter the weather because Greg and I will be spending time together and we will have fun no matter what. :halo: Though I do hope we get some good cycling in! :pray: :cheeky:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

I was in Vienna for two days this week and been off now for two but running around as usual. I did not go to the wine festival tonight because I have been fighting severe throat ache. Next week may get busy if I am indeed spending four days in Vienna, not sure how to handle it with the pets, may run home a couple of times. It will be a busy period as hopefully at least the divorce is going through also but nothing is really finished with that, this way though at least I will be free legally hopefully, well, I am counting January 12 but it needs to be on paper. Next week should see, well, I am afraid, too many nice rocks and please cover my eyes, I do not need more inspiration. I already know I am likely to fall for pinks and I always, really always, told myself that pink was really not my color.

Junie I actually love your stack, really, I do, there is nothing like PS worthy or non-PS worthy, honestly everything is that we love. Hey, it is NIRDI worthy for sure. I really do not think you can rely on pure numbers to find a great diamond and sometimes one with perfect numbers may be boring to one whereas one with not so may be a very exciting stone. Of course most the time my eyes tell me what the numbers do too, well, at least when it comes to white MRBs but I really prefer relying on my eyes and feelings when it comes to my rocks and so far I have picked some great stones that way. Need I remind you of my orangey that had the wrong report but my eyes were blinded the minute I saw the color and I got a stone that was far better than what I was supposed to get. Ok, it does not happen every day but I really love so called imperfect stones. Jewelry is about emotions anyhow, some may disagree but...

I have had terrible throat ache for the last two days so I had to use a minimal tequila treatment tonight. :bigsmile: Strong alcohol disinfects really well, gargalizing with it helps a bit. Hitting the sack fof now and could not read a lot of posts I am sure but will try this weekend.

Missy we will definitely miss you, early vacation for you this year, wow, lucky girl. Hope to talk to you all soon. :appl: :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I have missed so much here and it's onky been a few days.

Missy, I'm so glad you and Greg have two weeks without work. You will have a great time whatever you decide to do but I sure hope the weather and cooperates nicely and you have many days of biking on your vacation. Thank you for asking about my furbaby. She seems to be doing great now but I am so glad the week is finally over and she is back to herself. I told the vet tech today that we need to reevaluate how we handle her rabies shot in the future because I don't plan to put her thru that again. They kept saying they would put her on steroids and Benadryl before her next rabies vaccine even though I clearly stated many times that she had no swelling issues. It was her stomach that was the problem. My husband and I have decided we get her a blood test to see if she has the antibodies.

Marcy, I still have not sent your package. I'm waiting for my husband to get a package so I can use the box. It was supposed to be delivered by today but still has not arrived. Your package will be sent next week. I hope your weather is getting better and warmer. Have you found an alternate route to work? I also hate road construction. The joke in our area is we have two seasons, Winter and construction! Do you mind me asking which Audi Marty has? Is he happy with it and how long has he had it? I'm considering one and would love to hear what he thinks of his.

Kristie, How are your window treatment searches going? Is Maggie still being good to Finn? Do you have any idea what causes her to go after him when she does? I had another fun day car searching. I swear I have seen every car out there at this point and we still don't know what we are going to get.

Junebug, Don't let your sisters remarks and jealousy get to you. Every family has the jealous relative. I would think she would be thrilled because she can visit. Who doesn't love going to the beach?

Jimmianne, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has witnessed attacking geese first hand. My husband said the visual he had of the goose on my back trying to bite me was hysterical until I showed him my ripped jeans and bloody knee. The darn thing knocked me to the ground. Your ring stack in the picture is beautiful.

OV, I hope you are having a better week and am sorry to hear you have a sore throat. It sounds as though all the stress you have been under is catching up with you. Try to get a lot of rest the next few days.

LLJsmom, It is so good to see you back here. Your new bracelet looks great with your tennis bracelet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I’ve been going my normal route to work. Looks like a lot of people are using alternate routes so I only wait through about 4 to 6 light cycles; that isn’t too bad. I hope you don’t have too much trouble with construction when you are cycling. I definitely keep the TV on for company; sometimes I like to read in complete silence though. Have a great vacation.

Jimmianne, your solitaire and bands are really pretty. I love the iciness of D diamonds. The twisted band looks really nice. Enjoy your company. My computer grabs pictures out of my contacts so Puff must have posted his favorite picture of you in your contacts.

Junebug, your 25th anniversary ring is very pretty. I like the set. Good idea to have the diamond reset in a solitaire and enjoy wearing it with different bands. Accomplishing nothing is an accomplishment in my book.

LLJsmom, I agree. All diamonds should find new settings so they can be enjoyed.

Kristie, I am glad Maggie calmed down and is not going after Finn. I can see why that would make you a bundle of nerves. I haven’t tired a Smashburger yet; I’ll have to check them out. I need to watch Mad Men then if it is the definition of no good deed goes unpunished. That’s a lesson I need to remember more often.

Ovi, glad to hear your divorce is going through. It seems like that is a long process there. I agree with you that your eyes can tell you more about a stone than a report or numbers. Of course I think they are all pretty. I hope your throat feels better.

Callie, I am glad your furbaby is doing better. I will be happy to see Harold whenever he arrives. I am sure you are filling him in on all of the latest NIRDI action. We have the A6. This is our third A6 and we love it. We bought our first one in 2005, then had a 2010 and this one is 2014. It handles like a dream and we honestly haven’t had problems with them. We always get the prestige model because it has more features we want and the keyless entry. When we were looking for a new car in the summer of 2013 we tried the BMW and Mercedes but neither of them impressed us enough to convince us to change to them. The A6 is fantastic in snow and on ice, which I know is important for you too. I enjoy the heated seats and heated steering wheel. We had the 2010 less than 3 years but I felt like it was snake bit and didn’t want it anymore. Inside of about 6 months the rear end got dinged up by a hit and run at Walgreens, then in a snow storm I got caught on a big cement block that I didn’t see in a snow drift and when the car dropped off the block it dented the inside of my wheel so I needed a new wheel and realignment, then it got sideswiped outside the hospital the day we were moving my mom to hospice. My mom died 3 days later and I think Marty suggested we get me a new car to distract me. I didn’t turn him down. :bigsmile:

We went to a friend’s house for supper and cards last night. It was a fun time but I ate later and more than I normally do; I drank several glasses of wine and had a big piece of cake so I didn’t sleep well. I almost called in sick to work today. I hope to sleep in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Ovi, I am sorry you have a sore throat and I hope you woke up this morning feeling all (or at least much) better! Wishing you much luck with getting the final divorce through and that everything else goes smoothly from hereon out. Hugs to you and your furbabies and have a good weekend sweetie.

Callie, I am so glad your sweet pup is feeling better and I hope the veterinarian's office comes up with a better plan of action if the next round of shots is necessary. Remember I asked you about the antibodies in the blood and if that showed she was immune if the county would accept that in lieu of another rabies shot. Would that be legit with them? It sure should be. Fingers crossed.

Ugh to car shopping and I can see how stressful that is. So have you decided on a new car? What is your color of preference? Wishing you lots of luck today and an easy decision with whatever you decide.

Marcy, yay it's Saturday! Hope you had a great night's sleep and wake feeling refreshed and energized. Your car sounds great. Keyless entry sounds futuristic to me lol shows you how far behind the times I am. How great that you have no keys to lose. I can tell you we have misplaced a set now and again and well it would be lovely not to worry about that. However hoping our old car keeps going well because I love saving money on getting another.

I am glad you are able to take your normal route to and from work Marcy.
We had to take an alternate route each way yesterday on the bike ride. We tried 2 different ways (one going and the other returning) yesterday. It was hairy. There are long stretches of narrow road where there is not enough room for bike and cars so I was nervous because we depend on other drivers seeing us yanno? Don't love that. And there were lots of potholes and hills too. I don't love hills lol but we did get a good workout.

The detour took us about 4-5 miles out of our way each way and added a good hour onto our total ride because it was slow going in certain parts and OMG the traffic in Red Bank (part of the alternate route) was crazy busy and nerve wracking with so many cars and so little space made for us. We were tired when we got home but we did have a good challenging ride so yay for that. There aren't many detours we can try and we already did the best 2 re hills and safety profile so I guess it will be 2 weeks of this till they are finished with the bridge work. It figures it is taking place our 2 weeks down here oh well. We are enjoying the ride anyway.

Kristie, thank you for your advice yesterday and sorry for the stressed email about our neighbor. NIRDIs just to fill you in our neighbor on one side has taken exception to our trees in the backyard. We planted it instead of the tall grasses we had there for the last few years (to give us privacy from their snooping) as a way to have greenery all year vs the grasses which are seasonal. Anyway nothing new to report yet but I wanted to thank you for all your time and energy in helping me. Love you girlfriend. :kiss:

Also to share with the other NIRDIs my internist wants me to do a colonoscopy and not Cologuard as he says it misses 1 out of 12 cases of colon cancer. I emailed him back asking to write me an Rx for it anyway as it is better than nothing. LOL we shall see what he replies. ::)

What are your weekend plans?

Thinking of all the NIRDIs and hoping everyone enjoys a lovely Saturday! :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All:

Glad everyone is chugging along :bigsmile:

The weather turned hot finally and the pool temp hit 84 degrees yesterday so its time to get back in the water! Cross your fingers for Finn, we are going to try some things to try to keep him from hurting himself when he forgets he's almost 13 and has a bad leg. He gets in that pool and he feels like a puppy again and later on he is really hurting.

Off to Whole Foods, the Copper River Salmon from Alaska is in so I stock up when it's here. We always knew when the Copper River salmon were running because of all the corporate jets at the airport in Anchorage. A lot of the celebrity chefs would actually show up too, some of them with camera crews. It was fun to watch.

Everyone, be good! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your alternate routes sound far more dangerous and challenging than mine but of course you are on your bike. Those nuts behind the wheel better to watching out for you and Greg! I am glad you had a good workout and new routes offer new scenery. I hope you enjoy relaxing and having for your vacation. I did sleep better but got up about 5:30 to 6. After Marty left for golf I tried to sleep at bit more but that wasn’t going to happen. The keyless entry remotes work as long as you have them with you so I leave mine in my purse. You can lock or open the doors and start the car without ever getting the key out. You’ll like this – one time the battery went dead in my remote and I was at the mall and couldn’t lock my car. I had Marty’s number dialed to come get me when I realized my remote does have a key in it. I was so used to never using a key I didn’t think it was possible to drive it any other way. Glad I realized it before dialing. He’d still be telling people that story!

Kristie, glad your pool is finally warm enough. That’s great that Finn enjoys the pool so much but I hope he doesn’t hurt himself. That is pretty cool about the people that would show up for the salmon in Alaska.

Marty got this for me. Aren’t they perfect?

Have a great day.
Marcy

bunnydishes.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I Love those saucers! :love: :love: :love: Good going, Uncle Marty :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ, can't remember if I mentioned this or you already know about it, but I've found Previcox to be a bit of a miracle [actually a big miracle] for my old horse. It's actually for arthritic dogs. She has been on it for about 4 years - without cannot move - with it acts half her age. Just a thought.

Yippee for 84 degrees, the best pool temperature!

Marcy, those little dishes are very cute. Are your resident killer rabbits behaving as well as the ones on the dishes? I fear the dish rabbits will lull you into a false sense of security that ALL rabbits are now benign : )

Missy, boo to your doctor, whom I'm sure means well...however...I'm with you - non-invasive tests first, please!
Are you enjoying your earrings? Every time I visit Grace's website & see their photo...I think...YES!

OV, please report that you are feeling better! Is it getting better or worse? BTW-What a pain to have a prolonged divorce. Hang in there and soon we will all be celebrating your freedom.

Callie, that rabies shot thing is such a dilemma. I'm glad your baby is doing well. It's always such a worry.

Junebug, it would be fun to do a new setting for your diamond and wear it in a different "context". It would be fun for the NIRDIs too to give LOTS of input! LOL

My company is gone, we had a great time, but I'm beyond exhausted. SO much talk and things to share and odd, off-schedule hours.
She collects gold engraved Ming's jewelry from Hawaii and has some beautiful pieces. Now I'm on eBay ogling Ming's and falling for their jade & pearl rings.
My Tiffany Treat came in the mail today and I like it more than I thought. The idea was that Joy could fit in the open space, and it does work to my satisfaction. A bit of a different look for now & then.

img_8343.jpg images__2__2.jpg side_6.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jimmianne, thanks for asking and of course everyone else too girls. Yeah throatache is a killer, I never thought it could hurt so much. I had it this bad once but then I got blisters too and needed antibiotics. So far no other sign, well, besides feeling like crap but no fever and other respiratory symptoms lasted short due to my taking mega vitamins and echinacea all the time but this horrid pain in my throat is really persistent. It is only on one side and I am doing everything I can but when I go to sleep and wake up I get it back really bad. I did nap this afternoon, well, not really smart as I slept from 5 until after 8 tonight and this most likely means that while I can normally fall asleep by eleven or midnight, now I will likely be up until three a.m. but sometimes I had the experience that afternoon naps are the most effective in helping you recover.

To be honest with you I am sick of being sick with something almost all the time or, well, getting something new every two to four weeks. I know my body is having a hard time with stress. I of course want to get better. Argh. I am the worst patient. :bigsmile:

Well, no, actually this divorce is really an easy one, I mean only the part of getting the papers, everything else could last up to five years which I say thank you but no thank you to but it may not be my choice, but getting the papers of the divorce is easy as thankfully I have no kids or common property. Actually I am divorced as of January 12, which I am very happy about but I do need the official decree of that. Once I got that, it will feel wonderful to have this closure. Like I said not sure how long everything else will last. I hate the idea that this monster caused so much damage and that I wasted more than two years of my life on him and that now it could mean I may never have my own kids. I can only blame myself for my stupidity but some people lie great, he was the master of deception.

Otherwise, I feel great about where my life is going, I mean that with my business and passion and friends and so on. It is like new worlds have opened up. What is not going well is dating and stuff because I am open to it but not to the people that want to date me, at least not as potential partners, friends only. It can change but this does make me feel down. OTOH, I am happy that I am very selective and do not jump into things but notice when someone is not right for me. There is someone that I am interested in maybe and we will see about that shortly. But it can be tough that most of you girls have families and most people around me and I cannot relax at home but have to run around if I want to be around people. This weekend I got tired of that and though someone asked me to visit them, I said no this time as I really needed to stop and take a break for a moment.

Jimmianne, I too love your new Tiff and the stacking looks wow quite unique and really very cool, the only thing I would not want is anything overpowering Joy. :rodent:

Projects, projects, yes I think I may start something pretty soon. Maybe do my big black project finally, how long have I been waiting for that? It seems to be forever. That will be something grandiose for sure. I think I want to do that I just always get caught up in working for others. I feel that I too deserve something new and grandiose. :bigsmile: What do you girls think?

I promise that I will try catching up and not leaving anyone out and reading all the posts, which can be so difficult once you miss a few days. Have a great weekend girls.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, Marty did a good job picking those little rabbit saucers out for me. They are small; maybe about 3”. I saw the temperatures were over 100 in your area.

Jimmianne, I have always been a sucker for rabbits but I often have daily reminders that the ones living here are mean little guys. I love your new ring; it works perfectly with Joy. What a great idea! I am glad you enjoyed your company.

Ovi, I will gargle with warm salt water when I have a sore throat; it seems to help it. I sure hope you feel better soon. I am glad you feel great about where you life is going and don’t stress or worry about finding someone right for you. It often happens when and where you least expect it. Enjoy yourself and take things one day at a time. So you are thinking of a project for your black diamonds? Cool!

We met my sister and her family at Buca di Beppo for supper tonight in Denver. It’s my birthday so I invited everyone out to celebrate with me. We all ate way too much but it was fun and nice to see everyone.

Have a nice Sunday!

Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

You guys seem you're doing ok.

Ovi, hope you get better soon. Sometimes it is just great to say no isn't it? As long as you are taking care of your own needs and caring for yourself, you'll be good.

Missy, happy vacay to you and Greg. Interesting about cologuard. There will always be lots of opinions. Let us know what happens.

Marcy, LOVE your bowls. My husband ate so much he is sick tonight. Lol!!

Jimmianne, love your new bling!! It's perfect and great for stacking.

Callie, hope you are ok. Sorry about the family drama. I definitely try to stay away from that, but not so easy when there are 40+ extended family members.

Kristie, hi!! We used to be able to buy fresh salmon at the pier. Not so anymore. So sad. Fresh salmon is the absolute BEST!!!!

NIRDIs, I really need advice. I finally had a chance to try the correct sizes of the LOVE and juste un clou. I can hardly figure out what to do.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I originally wanted the love cuff, b/c j would need to take it off every day. But, with how I am wearing it, I really love how the juste un clou looks, which actually fits better bc the nail head keeps it from twisting as much. I want to wear the piece with my two other bracelets. See my pictures.

I love the plain JUC with everything else I wear. But j don't want to take it off every day. I'm afraid it will be too much wear on it.

The JUC with diamonds works better if I don't wear my tennis bracelet.

_30718.jpg

_30719.jpg

_30720.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the LOVE would not fit me, but the 16 is actually ok. See my pics of the rose gold one I tried on for size. It's not too big, although ideally I would like it smaller and tighter.

I would get it in plain white gold.

So I found a very decent deal on a white gold cuff, where j get almost $2k off a preloved one. I would be fine with a pre-loved. I think
I would really like it. If I wanted the JUC, I would have to wait a couple of years,, and I'm worried about the practicality of the JUC. I constantly feel like it will hook it on a piece of metal. And I would not be able to wear it every day.

Should I jump on the deal on the WG LOVE or wait and save up for the WG JUC? Part of me is worried I will regret not getting the WG cuff.

_30721.jpg

_30722.jpg

_30723.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCY!!!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday sweetie!!! And I hope the killer rabbits behaved themselves and got you a great gift for all you do for those mischievous bunnies. Big birthday hugs and love being sent your way!

Love the rabbit saucers!

Haha about the keyless remote story and forgetting it had a key. I totally would have done that Marcy and in fact have done similar things. Sometimes I forget to check if something is plugged in before I call Greg and say it is not working. I asked Greg about your car and he likes it too.

Did you ride your normal route to work on Friday Marcy?
So we tried a 3rd alternate route yesterday and it was safer though there were some hairy spots re traffic and space on the road (as in not enough for bicyclists and cars) so we are probably going to do this 3rd alternate for a while. Only problem with it besides being even more hilly (I am getting too old for these hills!) is that it takes us 8.7 miles out of our way each way so that translates to almost a 2 hour detour given the hills, distance and traffic and speed we can travel over some of these areas. Which is OK as we are on vacation so not too big of a deal. Just won't be able to make it to Mantoloking on our bikes like I had wanted to as that was what we normally rode on our longer rides. Once the bridge is back we can make that trip but it won't be on our vacation and that is a long day when we ride there. Anyway so far so good.

LLJsmom, they look beautiful on your wrist but I love the WG cuff best with your diamond tennis bracelet. It's a tough call though as they both look great. I would choose whichever is most comfortable on your wrist because if something is not 100% comfortable it might not get worn at least that's my MO. So they both look great but which is most comfortable?

Ovi, how are you feeling? Is your sore throat almost gone? I am proud of you for taking your time and being selective and not jumping back into the dating world until you find quality men that are worthy of your time and energy. They exist and you deserve nothing less and keep reminding yourself of that.

I am glad you are feeling good about where your life is going and that things are looking better. One day at a time and before you know it you will be done with this EX mess and free to enjoy life on your terms. YAY!!!

Jimmianne, I love your new Tiffany treat! Wow you have a talent for finding beautiful bling online. Gorgeous. :love: I am glad you had a good time with your company.

Kristie, YAY for your pool being warm enough for swimming! Hope you enjoyed it yesterday and will enjoy it today. We are expecting rain the next 3 days oh well.

Copper River Salmon, yea baby. I love wild salmon and have been waiting for Costco to get it back in stock but we did get it this winter from Whole Foods in the frozen section. It tastes so fresh as they freeze it onboard when they catch it I think. Delicious and reasonably priced. Thanks for the reminder Kristie and we are probably going to Whole Foods and Costco today since it will be raining it is errands day and I will see what wild salmon is available.

As you know already but sharing it for the other NIRDIs my internist OK'd the Cologuard for me and is sending me an Rx in a week or so as soon as he downloads the form from their website. Woohoo! He did tell me he wants me to be prepared to have a colonoscopy should the results warrant it. Of course but hoping it will be clear. And I want Greg to do it too as he is due for his next colonoscopy this year but I didn't ask our internist for an Rx for him yet as Greg wanted me to get one for me first and once that happens he feels our doctor will write it for him when we ask.

Callie, how are you and Jeff and how did car shopping go yesterday? How is your sweet baby doing now? Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend sweetie!

Marcy, just wanting to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY again and I am sorry we didn't know beforehand. Here's a little rhyme just for our sweet Marcy.

Dearest Marcy wohoo your birthday is now
So happy we met despite the reason how

You are a wonderful treasure no bling can compare
Sharing your life with us killer bunnies and sweet bears

Your adventures in Wyoming with snow and the ice
How lucky we are to have you so lovely and nice

The NIRDIs all love you so very much
You are caring and loving and have a warm touch

One day we will all meet and give you many big hugs in real life
Which reminds me did Marty get you any more blingy big ice

Happy birthday dear Marcy happy birthday to you
Hoping this year brings you health, joy and fun things to do

LOL please forgive the rough rhyming as we are actually out the door as Greg said we can get in a quick early ride before the rain. Fingers crossed we don't get wet and stay safe and biggest hugs to all the NIRDIs and especially our sweet birthday girl Marcy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

happy-birthday-lots-of-hugs-for-you.png

happy-birthday-blue-balloons.png

hbtoyouanimalband.gif

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, dear resident poet, you are amazing and thoughtful!

Happy Birthday Marcy! Does your sister live in Denver? Mine's in Evergreen [& Texas Panhandle].

LLJsmom. I love the JUC bracelet best of all. I had never before seen one on a wrist and it's quite flattering, dynamic and beautiful with your current bracelets. I know what you mean about practicality, but it's another chic addition : )

I'm cat & bunny sitting again. Two trips to town yesterday and one this morning and therefore not getting much done here. While in town I shopped for locally produced house gifts for my host in France. I AM going to need that second suitcase. My recent guest here had me buy a lightweight self-inflatable seat cushion for the plane to go with my travel pillow and noise-cancelling headphones. By the time I pack all the gadgets there won't be a lot of room for clothes! Still trying to figure out the phone thing - I've read that the charges can really add up quickly overseas and to use the phone very sparingly.

Speaking of gadgets, I just found something I can't live without. Probably husbands will be interested. I have an old sports car that I don't drive often enough to keep charged - very frustrating when it's a pretty day, I go out and the car won't start. I KNOW I should have it on a trickle charger all the time [and now I do] but the charger my mechanic had me buy last week actually took the battery from completely dead to fully charged in 2 days - A NOCO"Genius2700". I can leave the cables attached to the battery and there is a little plug that comes out where the windshield wipers are, so I don't even have to open the hood to charge the battery. It is a godsend for a single woman out in the country and as much as I am intimidated by electrical things, this is a very safe & foolproof charger. No more AAA!
Not exactly a blingy acquisition...but it keeps my blingy old car on the road : )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLjsmom - whoops - I just went back and READ instead of just looking at pictures. If you can get a good deal on the cuff, that's a great incentive to go for it.
I would not want to wait for the other bracelet, and who knows, you may end up with both!

That's my philosophy..."life is short, eat dessert first! [NOW]" :lol:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Happy Birthday Marcy! :dance:

Beautiful pix and bling LLJsmom.

I will write later I hope. I am scared shitless and going to ER, hope they will consider seeing me with my Austrian card. The pain was only getting worse and when I looked down and tried pulling my tongue out I discovered a huge growth in my throat. Please tell me it is not cancer. I know it is likely infectious in nature but is hurting like hell and bothering me like I cannot swallow or anything. I just needed this on top of everything else, did I not?

Well, sorry but I could not read posts, I will check back later once I am home and please cross your fingers that they can do something about this. Of course it happens on a Sunday, when else would it happen?

Have a nice Sunday Girls.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OV, no wondered you are scared. It's probably just a raging infection/abscess. Serious, but not what you fear. Thank goodness you are getting it looked at right away so you can get an Rx. Hugs to you. Please write as soon as you have a diagnosis.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just real quick before I go, LLJsmom, I love love love your own bracelets. :bigsmile: I think stylewise the JUC seems to match your collection really well and looks really good stacked with yours. I prefer the JUC with just a bit of diamonds versus non but plain makes quite a presence too. Ultimately, it has to be your decision. It is wonderful to have you back with us! :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCY!

There once was a Cowgirl named Marcy
Who loved killer rabbits and bears and Marty
All it takes is some bling
To make her heart sing
Gift wrap some and bring it to the party!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1433089476|3883289 said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCY!

There once was a Cowgirl named Marcy
Who loved killer rabbits and bears and Marty
All it takes is some bling
To make her heart sing
Gift wrap some and bring it to the party!
:appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs, I like the JUC---for my eye, the love bracelet, its a little mainsteam now. But I have to say they BOTH looked great on you :appl:

I was wondering, what is the green stuff on your foot? I'm wondering because I have tender feet that get all beat up when I powerwalk and I usually have moleskin, fabric Band-Aids, all kinds of weird things trying to mitigate the rubbed spots. I was hoping your green stuff might help me out with this!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results