carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy :wavey:
Oh! you are getting cozy weather again. The pets always have issues - little dogs don't eat, two big dogs have potential for fighting, and Isobel, at a year and a half is totally over-energized. My house sitter has knee issues and cannot exercise her. I was lucky to get him for this trip as he is scheduled for surgery soon. Then the horses - who can be on what feed, medications. ugh. So you are not alone, but that "one cat gets the food" scenario is a big challenge. The only solution I can think of is to have your sitter set mice free in your apt. while you are away so the cats could come out from under the bed and hunt. You probably don't like that idea, huh.

To think I was anxious about this fall in NYC! let's just say that I am only going to France to practice for our GTG : ) What I know is this: the way to a friend's house is never far [or too complicated].
We are leaving in a week. I'm excited now more than anxious and getting into minute details of what happens when we get off the plane.
Just think - I will be the closest NIRDI to Orsi for a week!

As far as bling goes, I just found a victorian rose gold cigar band on eBay. My mom had one when I was a little girl and I've been looking for one for a long time. When I saw this one, with a little bird on it, it was an obvious YES. It should arrive before I leave.

What is the deal with wearing jewelry abroad? It sounds as though maybe cheap earrings, maybe a plain band, and nothing else?

Do you still have your Miata? I was trying to think of what color you would have - whether you went for neutral or a bright color. My little putt-putt is green. I have always wanted a bright teal but so far that hasn't happened : )

I am blathering this morning : )
One more thing - anyone have suggestions for packable house gifts? So far I got our hosts a NC tea towel, some cute "Southern Sweet Tea" bags, locally made honey-based beauty/hand cream products and a cute tin of local cookies. Is this enough? There is a Dad and Grandparents.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1433158996|3883613 said:
Missy :wavey:
Oh! you are getting cozy weather again. The pets always have issues - little dogs don't eat, two big dogs have potential for fighting, and Isobel, at a year and a half is totally over-energized. My house sitter has knee issues and cannot exercise her. I was lucky to get him for this trip as he is scheduled for surgery soon. Then the horses - who can be on what feed, medications. ugh. So you are not alone, but that "one cat gets the food" scenario is a big challenge. The only solution I can think of is to have your sitter set mice free in your apt. while you are away so the cats could come out from under the bed and hunt. You probably don't like that idea, huh.

To think I was anxious about this fall in NYC! let's just say that I am only going to France to practice for our GTG : ) What I know is this: the way to a friend's house is never far [or too complicated].
We are leaving in a week. I'm excited now more than anxious and getting into minute details of what happens when we get off the plane.
Just think - I will be the closest NIRDI to Orsi for a week!

As far as bling goes, I just found a victorian rose gold cigar band on eBay. My mom had one when I was a little girl and I've been looking for one for a long time. When I saw this one, with a little bird on it, it was an obvious YES. It should arrive before I leave.

What is the deal with wearing jewelry abroad? It sounds as though maybe cheap earrings, maybe a plain band, and nothing else?

Do you still have your Miata? I was trying to think of what color you would have - whether you went for neutral or a bright color. My little putt-putt is green. I have always wanted a bright teal but so far that hasn't happened : )

I am blathering this morning : )
One more thing - anyone have suggestions for packable house gifts? So far I got our hosts a NC tea towel, some cute "Southern Sweet Tea" bags, locally made honey-based beauty/hand cream products and a cute tin of local cookies. Is this enough? There is a Dad and Grandparents.

Haha, no I don't like the mice idea but not for the reason you think lol. I LOVE mice and rats (rats are highly intelligent did you know that?) and would never ever knowingly kill one or set one up to die. I am that crazy. Insects kill as soon as they enter my house. Rodents no way. Course I never had a rodent infestation so perhaps I would feel differently should that ever happen but I don't think so. I had gerbils, guinea pigs, and hamsters as pets and my sister had a pet rat in Veterinarian school and a chinchilla so we love our sweet rodents in our family hehe.

I wish I lived closer to you because I would be there for you in a flash and pet sit and horse sit and anything sit for you Jimmianne. From the heart I mean that not just saying it. When we took our detour cycling the other day we rode past huge farms in Middletown where there are horses and other farm animals and I was talking with Greg about how great would it be to buy farmland here and rescue all animals who needed a loving home. Haha we have had this conversation about a thousand (or hundreds of thousands) times and I am sure Greg is tired hearing about my rescue farm dreams LOL. Of course we need lots of money and staff to sustain the idea I am thinking of and as I already told you it will never happen unless I start playing the lottery and win.

We had a forest green colored Miata and sold it on ebay in 2009. Gave it away for a steal. We just weren't using it and paying insurance on it was not worth it IMO. Plus I got a bit motion sick every time I rode in the car LOL and prefer my cars heavier with a smoother ride. Greg bought it after he gave up riding his motorcycle (thank goodness) so it was a good transition from that. I don't miss the Miata at all.

I like your way of thinking LOL. Yes this is a practice trip for the NYC GTG. :appl:

You and your dd will have a wonderful time, that I know for sure. As for the bling well when I traveled to Europe I wore some of my real jewels and didn't have any issues but it is a different world today. I agree with your bling choices. Bring a simple band and pair of earrings. Just enough to wear and not have any extra. You will be smart and safe and enjoy your trip without worrying about the bling. If I were to travel there today I probably would leave my ER (and your Joy) in a safe at home. Or perhaps you want to leave her with me? I will be careful I promise and she would receive a lot of love...just sayin... :cheeky:

Yay for your new bling! The victorian rose gold cigar band sounds lovely and I cannot wait to see it. Hoping it arrives before your trip.
Hmm host gifts. I like what you are bringing them and think that is perfect. Gifts from your hometown are very thoughtful and I am sure will be appreciated. :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

That is so much fun that you had a forest green putt-putt just as I do...that's what I was wondering, but it was too silly to say "Do you [did you] have a green sports car" haha ... If only I had, I could have claimed to be psychic.
Well, great minds think alike.
I am thinking of selling mine too because I never drive it - maybe once every three weeks at most, and I think I am over driving fast around curves for fun. After being in a truck or SUV every day, the putt-putt seems so close to the ground - below the eye level of the way too numerous deer on the road here.

I was going to offer to pet sit for you because I really would, I would just have to get a pet sitter here LOL
But now that you know my idea for keeping your kitties happy, you probably don't want me : (

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, not so Jimmianne, not so. I welcome you any day in any way and always!!!

As for your car I vote to sell if you are not enjoying it and use that money for bling if you so choose. I also felt the car was too low to the ground and as I mentioned before I got seasick in it LOL. Greg doesn't miss the Miata (well maybe a little) but it wasn't getting the love it needed in terms of being enjoyed. Greg took great care of it but it just wasn't being enjoyed and it is in a better home now.

For Kristie who knows the full story and for anyone else who is interested...

Here is a pic of our new trees in the backyard that are causing a brouhaha with our nosy nosy neighbors. We had tall grasses there before we planted the trees (attaching those in the 2nd pic from October 2014 -before they were cut so the grasses were usually not that tall but about the same height as the new trees we planted) and I just wanted something that was green all year back there that also provided a privacy screen. Is this so terrible?

Honestly if they weren't so nosy I would have left the seasonal tall grasses but they are so I felt the need for this. Our neighbors on our other side are so lovely and quiet and not nosy at all and we have no privacy screen from them because they are not always in our faces if you kwim. I am sad we are on not speaking terms because of this issue but I make no apologies for wanting to have some privacy in my own backyard. We are not hurting them and their view is still there. Just not their view of us. ::)

EDIT: Just took a pic of our neighbor's backyard from our bedroom window. Sorry for the rain drops and window screen. Too windy to go outside on our terrace in the bedroom. You can sort of see how they chose to put all their furniture right up against our side and their hot tub all on our side with the rest of their yard free of anything. Yuk because we don't want to see them in various states of undress yanno? Thank goodness there is a fence there but unfortunately we sometimes still get views unintentional on our parts believe me! The rest of their yard is free. Not sure why they did this and it is their prerogative of course just as it is ours to plant trees in our backyard for privacy.

We are not letting them grow taller than what you see now and I feel it is a very reasonable solution and we are also not planting them all the way to the front of the yard so they still have an unobstructed view when they are sitting on their outdoor chairs where they usually are all the time. Just not now because it is raining and windy.

Also adding a last pic of our yard from our bedroom window (not from today but from an early morning pic). I thought it was a pretty pic to end this post on vs leaving it on the neighbor's backyard pic. Here it is. Peaceful and serene just how I want to feel in my backyard.

backyardnewtrees.jpg

tallgrassesinbackyard.jpg

neighborsbackyardfromourbedroomwindow.jpg

_30745.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful back yard! Love the levels. What's wrong with your neighbors?! Don't THEY want privacy too? That would upset me. Gr-r
Could you hire a bunch of nudists with lots of tattoos and piercings to parade around your backyard? or maybe get a nice sculpture?
images__2__3.jpg

10-creative-and-unique-diy-planters-inspire-your-home-garden.jpg

images__1__0.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Jimmianne. I appreciate any support and advice. I know we aren't crazy right? No they don't want privacy because they love being able to snoop on us and see exactly what we are doing. Their lives really consist of mainly sitting out in the backyard (with their family who is always visiting) whenever they are not working and that is totally fine but why can't I have the privacy I *need* without offending them?

I cannot remember if it was Kristie or my dh who said you cannot argue with crazy but that's it in a nutshell. They are claiming we are blocking their water view but in reality we are only blocking their view of us. Where they sit we have planted nothing but low low plants as you can see in the pic. No blocking and that was specifically out of consideration for what they wanted. Right now we are on bad terms and this is new to me and I don't like it. However I feel strongly that I am not being unfair or mean and deserve privacy and keeping these trees for my privacy (and not letting them grow taller) is very reasonable. Goodness knows I could build/plant much more and I am being considerate by not doing so. They are selfish and care nothing about anyone else. I OTOH have kept their wishes in mind by not planting the whole side next to them.

If they escalate or do anything however I reserve the right to build a HUGE fence as high as the town permits. Good fences really do make good neighbors LOL. Hopefully it won't come to that and we can both peacefully coexist.

Love your pics, thanks for sharing. :appl:

Sorry for the vent and threadjack and now back to our regularly scheduled programming on
"As the NIRDIs turn..."

Will Callie get her new car and in what color?
Will Ovi get a new dance partner and will she fall madly and truly in love with him?
Will Jimmianne's trip turn into an adventure of a lifetime and when she returns will she find her true love Jimmy perhaps?
Will Kristie find a town for the perfect retirement and take all the NIRDIs and their furbabies with her and we will all live a blingfully perfect existence together.
Will Junie's new beach house be the perfect getaway and be peaceful without nosy neighbors.
Will LLJsmom get all the beautiful bracelets and then lovingly share them with the NIRDIs and will her no sugar kill the cravings diet be the newest hottest diet on the market bringing health and happiness to all that follow it.
Will Sharon's new secret bling project be finished soon and when will she divulge its beauty to us.
And finally
Will Marcy and her teddy bears new and originals find peace with the killer bunnies and will they all share their bling like a good family should. :appl: :cheeky:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure this "Anything Goes" forum CAN be hijacked!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy you are gifted, smart, kind and beautiful. Holy cow. How does that exist all in one person?!?! And your neighbors NEED TO GET A LIFE. Nuff said.

So the bracelet saga continues and I need a consult before I go crazy.

I only went for the white love bc it goes with my tennis bracelet. I actually prefer it in gold, and maybe rose. So I tried moving everything to my left hand. I didn't like the Tb only left bc it felt like too much bling on one side and felt it distracting from my ering. Now with the black Hermes bracelet, it feels so much more casual and easy. The black cuts up the bling and now I can see chic.

Do you guys think it is too much?

So if I keep this on my left arm, my right frees up for yellow or rose Love. I do love the JUC which would look stunning on its own but I don't see myself wearing it everyday, which would then bug me. I'm debating the cuff or full. I would have to take it off everyday cause I can't wear it working out. Guess that is my answer...

And I'm debating preloved or new. My mom is so against considering eBay for a Love. And she is a super savvy shopper... Check out this website.

Truefacets.com

Any thoughts welcome NIRDIs...

_30749.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks amazing on your beautiful hand/arm, LLJs. No matter which way you go, you WILL look chic, current but not desperate.

But I will say, buy what you love. Time is fleeting.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs, I like that TrueFacets site.

Has your mom ordered from them? How was that?

Anyone who registers with the site (email addie/password) gets $200 off! I'm shopping in earnest, anyone want a lovely Cartier 18 kt yg ring with a small but good looking offset princess cut diamond in it? With $200 off it'd be $1050, not bad!

Great selection of watches and those Love Bracelets for you and Peggy. I like the Love rings with the diamond/s myself!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - Missy, your neighbors are crazy - I try not to use that term too much but sometimes there's just no other word that will fit! I cannot believe that they have an issue with those trees, they look smaller than the grass that was there! And there is no way that their view is obstructed. I am so sorry you have to deal with such aggravation, they are being ridiculous, those little trees are so unobtrusive. I don't know where you are in all of this, did they just verbally complain or something? If it ever comes to it, I would think a judge would look at those pics and say immediately they don't have a case. I don't like being on bad terms with people either, but in this case it is entirely their fault so I wouldn't even worry about it. And what's up with them putting that patio right next to the fence like that? They're practically in your backyard. :wall: Sorry for the rant, I shouldn't add fuel to the fire and I'm probably not helping, but I'm just so annoyed for you.

Jimmianne, I think the gifts you have chosen are perfect, your hosts will appreciate such a thoughtful gesture. I can't wait to see your new ring!

I didn't realize you trip was so soon! I am very excited for you, I really think you will have a great time. Yeah, as much as I'd miss wearing my ring, I'd probably keep the diamonds at home, just so I wouldn't have to worry or think about it.

LLJsmom, I think you should go with whatever bracelet you love the most. Just going with your gut, and pushing out all other considerations like how much you'll wear it, how it looks with your other jewelry etc - which look to you like the best, just judged on its own? If you buy the one you really love, I bet you will find yourself wearing it a lot. I like the idea of the love bangle, easy to take off - otherwise you have the whole screw deal, right? I also agree with Callie, I never see anyone wearing the love and I think it is an iconic design that will stand the test of time. Having said all that, I do feel you should get what you love. They are all beautiful, and they all look great on you. I tried going to the website you mentioned, but it didn't come up for me. As for preloved, as long as the item is from a reputable vendor and I'm confident it's genuine, I'm ok with it. But there's something to be said for buying new, you don't have to worry about any of that lol.

Calliecake, thanks for asking, my brother and mother managed to survive while I was away :cheeky: - I think at this point my brother just relies on me for breaking up the monotony and boredom more than anything else. Thanks for the nice words about my ring box! If you looked closely you'd see a few wonky things lol- they're fun to make though.

Ovi, hope you're doing ok, thinking of you and hoping you're feeling a little better.

eta, kristie, just saw your post, I must be doing something wrong with that website - would you mind posting the link for me?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1433182410|3883783 said:
LLJs, I like that TrueFacets site.

Has your mom ordered from them? How was that?

Anyone who registers with the site (email addie/password) gets $200 off! I'm shopping in earnest, anyone want a lovely Cartier 18 kt yg ring with a small but good looking offset princess cut diamond in it? With $200 off it'd be $1050, not bad!

Great selection of watches and those Love Bracelets for you and Peggy. I like the Love rings with the diamond/s myself!

Kristie, I registered, and it's actually $50 off $200. Still, a nice thank you...

I'm considering the rose gold LOVE cuff. I want to try on the rose at the store before I commit...

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that wrong!! Wishful thinking, heehee for $200 off any purchase :naughty:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, another reason not to bling out on a foreign trip is Customs might say: That ginormous diamond that is blinding me, do you have a receipt for that showing where you purchased it?

This way no problems in Customs.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Saying hi to you missy and the others too. I've been quiet here and inactive most of the time as life has gotten very busy with care giving along with my family helping full-time an elderly loved one. missy is that South Shore LI? Your place looks beautiful.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sky! Good to see uour pretty avatar! :wavey:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, azstonie!! =)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1433186962|3883805 said:
hi junebug,

sorry, the website is:

http://www.truefacet.com

see if that works.

Ah thanks LLJsmom! I was putting an s at the end…awesome website! :dance: I'm having a great time browsing around lol.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sky, great to see you! Hope you pop in whenever you get a chance - I'm a part-time caregiver for my mother and this thread has been good company and a source of support for me. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Ovi, I hope you are feeling better today.

Junebug, I tried those sleep masks when we were at my SIL and they really helped but they are a pain. She has 3 high small windows facing east and a big window with blinds. The blinds don’t block much light and she put a sheet of foam in the 3 small windows but they have a 2” gap at the top.

Callie, I hope whatever car you get is something you really want. As much as you pay for a car you should enjoy what you buy. I am sure people would want to kill me if I was going through sugar withdrawal. How is your furbaby? I saw an article in our paper today about getting your dog rabies shots and I thought of you.

Missy, I bet the kitties are loving all the activity at the beach. That is cute. I was just setting here and a cat came up and peaked in out door. Must be one of the new neighbors checking me out. I sure don’t like alcohol as much as I used to, I’ll go weeks when I don’t have anything. When we go out for dinner I’ll have a glass or two of wine but I go through spells. I drink a lot of ice water and one little 8 oz. Coke now and then. I hate when I think of something funny or clever then forget it. I am sure it was great though! No, I can’t say I am lacking on bling. I like the idea of a birthday week. I’ve done that before myself. I love your back yard and of course the view of the beach. Sorry your neighbors are unpleasant people. I love your new installment of “As the NIRDI’s turn”.

Jimmianne, I wouldn’t like to follow your mice suggestion. We had mice in the trailer we lived in when we were first married and you should have heard the names I called them. You’ll be leaving for France before you know it. Wave at Orsi for me when you are there. I can’t wait to see your rose gold cigar band. Love your pictures too.

LLJsmom, I think your bracelets look fabulous on your left hand with your beautiful rings. I think you should buy the bracelet that you find most appealing. I will have to check out truefacets.

Hi Sky56. It sounds like you are very busy.

Another day of work complete! We had steak and corn on the cob cooked on the grill for supper. Easy clean up there! Marty is helped a friend of his write up his job description. That is always scary when your employee asks for that!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Your yard is beautiful. I'm sure you already know what my response is regarding the trees. Your neighbors sound like my old neighbors. I planted lots of clump trees to screen my view and it was the best money spent. Their patio was also right near the property line and my kitchen window faced their yard. The trees solved the problem and are so much prettier than a fence. I would think your neighbors would want their privacy as well, especially if they have frequent visitors. Have they told you they are upset about the trees? I think warmer weather is heading your way. We had terrible weather over the weekend. It was in the high 40's low 50's. It is going to be beautiful tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the beautiful 70's weather is headed your way. I hope you have some wonderful bike rides while on vacation.

LLJsmom, The sales assistant at the Cartier store I went to said that people often mix the metals and wear a couple bracelets at a time and they look beautiful together. I would definitely wear a rose or yellow gold cuff with your tennis bracelet. Wear what makes you happy. I really think the all the same color gold rules are gone now. I can't get over how well you and Missy have done cutting sugar out of your diet.

Kristie, Did the blinds woman show up today? Did you see anything you like? I did not get home until after 10:00 pm tonight. My baby's vet called this afternoon and said she does not want her having another rabies shot due to the reaction from the last one. She also wants her antibodies tested to see if the other vaccines are still in her system. She said she will make a decision on the ofter vaccines based on the blood test results. I went ahead and bought the Infiniti tonight. I'm already having second thoughts but I guess it's a little late for that now.

Marcy, Has work been going well lately? I'm right there with you regarding the sugar. I have been a sugar addict for over 30 years. I missed out on the Audi I wanted and I guess it was for the best as my husband did not want a coupe at all. I have to admit I'm a going to be sad tomorrow when I have to turn in my little coupe.

Junebug, I glad everything is going fairly well with your mom. I'm also hoping you will be able to get away a bit more this summer than last.

Jimmianne, How exciting your trip is getting so close now. I can't wait to hear all about everything you do while you are there. I hope you find some fantastic bling!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, congrats on having your car buying done and I hope you enjoy your choice. If it helps, I bought an SUV that I wasn't crazy about and now I completely love it. I had always wanted a Porsche sports car, but I needed an SUV, so I ordered the base model Cayenne with manual transmission for "sporty". I had to wait five months for it [!], and when I got it, it was cute, but I was so disappointed. It was not sporty at all! Now two years later I love it. It proved itself to me. I feel your choice will do the same for you! What model/color did you get??

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi Sky : ) Glad to see you here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's another cold stormy morning at the Jersey shore. Brrr. I had the fireplace (sadly it's gas and not wood burning though Greg is happy about that lol) on last night in the living room it was so chilly haha. But as Jimmianne wrote it's "cozy" weather.

Sky, Hi there! I missed you and glad you are well! :wavey: Those pics are from our backyard at the Jersey Shore.Thank you for coming to say hi and I hope you are comfortable enough to stick around if you want to. We would love having you join us and our NIRDI party. Hugs to you and hope life is good!

Ovi, how are you feeling? (((Hugs))).

Jimmianne, you are quite right. This thread cannot be hijacked per se I just felt badly complaining and going on about it. Your point is well taken!

One week till your trip Woohoo!!!! I am very excited for you like I am joining you haha. Wish I was but since I am not I look forward to hearing all about your adventures in France. Leave room for clothing shopping there and a bit of French bling too perhaps? :naughty:

I cannot wait to see your new band. You have a gift for finding great bling! Ooh I would love a Porsche sports car but an SUV is way more practical for you and for us. 4 kitties need more space than one would think when transporting them in their carriers. Not to mention our Costco runs. :cheeky: Glad you love your current car now Jimmianne!

LLJsmom, you are so sweet, thank you! I LOVE that black Hermes bracelet especially with your tennis bracelet. :love: I see your dilemma with which to choose. Now I choose the black Hermes and the white gold cuff though I will repeat my earlier comments that you just cannot go wrong. It would be a requirement for me to be able to easily take the bracelet off and on since I cannot wear jewelry 24/7 though and since you plan on removing it to work out that is a consideration for you as well.

And I just wanted to say your ER looks so gorgeous in the bracelet pic. Wowza, :love: beautiful and lots of presence. Elegant and classic and timeless and huge. :love: :love: :love:

Junie, thank you for commiserating and sharing my frustration. They are crazy in that the whole world revolves around them and they only see it in terms of how they feel about it and how it affects them (in their minds that is not always based in reality) but unfortunately we have to deal with them. Al (yes that is his real name) returned our key to us on Saturday. He texted me and left it in our mailbox so I guess we are not speaking now. We are not doing anything illegal so hopefully we won't need to get the justice system involved unless Al does something crazy and I am sincerely hoping it doesn't come to that.

Glad your brother took good care of your mom while you were away. I am anxiously waiting for beach house updates from you just so you know. Hoping for good news soon!

Callie, woohoo!!! Congratulations on your new car! What color did you choose? I am sorry you will miss your previous car but I bet once you start driving your new Infiniti you will be happy.

Thanks for understanding about my neighbors. What can we do. I hate being on bad terms but I don't hate it more than my need for privacy. Yes Al complained to us more than once. First when we planted the grasses a few years ago and we kept it well trimmed except for that photo as that was right before Greg cut them.

Then when we planted the trees a month or so ago it started again-his demands and Al wanted to make sure Greg would keep them trimmed. Of course Greg was planning on keeping it trimmed but it was Al's way of letting us know he wasn't happy. Then Thursday night he texted me (probably after more than a few beers) about he thought we were keeping the trees trimmed to his fence height. Umm we never agreed to that. WTH. So I ignored his text because I don't appreciate being harassed. Really passive aggressive of him to text me. Why me and not Greg and why text and not call?

Anyway since we didn't respond to his Thurs night text Saturday AM as soon as we left on our bike ride (as I am sure he saw snooping out the window to watch for us to leave) he texted me again and said he was dropping our key off in our mailbox. LOL as that is punishment for us. :rolleyes:

Now I don't want Greg trimming those trees anytime soon lest Al get the wrong idea and think we are doing it because of him harassing us because then he thinks it is OK to harass us and that it gets his results. So we have to trim them in a way as to not reinforce Al's bad behavior. However Greg is not petty and yesterday after the garbage men picked up our garbage he put Al's garbage cans back as we do that for each other whoever is home at the time. So that was nice of Greg as he said he wasn't playing Al's petty games.

Please let us know what your vet finds with your baby's antibodies and fingers crossed no more vaccinations will be necessary.

Kristie, Have you made any window covering decisions? Did Costco ever come through for you? Our Adirondack chairs from Costco were delivered last night but we left them in their boxes outside on the side of the house because while the weather is like this I don't want Greg out there getting soaked putting them together. Thank you so much for the banana bread recipe. I cannot wait for Greg to make it lol.

We loved the Copper River salmon last night, thank you for the recommendation! At $32.99 a lb here though we won't be having it again probably. Crazy prices and it might be cheaper to fly to Arizona and enjoy it there LOL.

Here is info re Bluefish. You would have thought I would have known more about it but now that I looked it up I do! Give it a try when you have a chance. Fresh bluefish is delicious. It needs to be cooked almost immediately after being caught. When you visit if it is in season we will make it for you. I bet you will enjoy it. And the fact that it is so inexpensive is just icing on that proverbial cake. I would eat it even if it were expensive. :lickout:
http://www.fishwatch.gov/seafood_profiles/species/bluefish/species_pages/bluefish.htm

Marcy, I am glad you had a good day yesterday and that cob on the grill sounds delicious. Greg made cob on the grill last night too. I skipped it however as I had enough to eat with the grilled onions and grilled red and yellow pepper Greg made for me to go with that delicious salmon we had last night. I am happy your cleanup was easy too. We have a special spray to help get off the hard to remove food remnants from the pots and pans. Some of that stuff is hard to remove and this spray does it. Makes life easier.

How nice that Marty helped his friend write up his job description and I agree it sounds scary that his friend was asked to do that. Hope everything is OK with his job.

Speaking of which you girls will appreciate this. Ellen called me last night. Jude finally told her that she cannot work Mondays and soon she will only be on schedule for Fridays. I cannot believe how long it took him. How long was it since he told me, anyone remember? 5 or 6 or 7 weeks? I cannot remember but it took a long time though better late than never. So looks like I will be getting much busier very soon. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for LOL.

She also called me about another issue. She had a problem with one of the assistants who brought a patient in to see her last week and she wanted to warn me because they would be asking me to write the Rx for them the way they wanted it because she wouldn't. Of course since I am on vacation (and she didn't know I was) I doubt they will wait for me to come back but you never know. For the record I agree with Ellen's refusal so I will be backing her up on it in any case.

Yesterday we went shopping at an indoor mall (I know not the best vacation activity but it is so nasty outside it was the best option and who doesn't enjoy shopping right?) and I bought a few dresses and also got my first pair of Swarovski earrings. They are fun earrings and not meant to be as pretty as my diamond earrings but fun. I got them in a larger size than I usually wear and like the look of that size. Hmm perhaps that size hoops in diamonds is my next bling project? 8) Can I post the new hoops here? Hope it's OK. They are very blingy.

Also my Warby Parker glasses arrived finally. I cannot remember if I told you girls about them. For $95 for polycarbonate lenses and frames (Greg got a pair of the polycarb) and $125 for high index lenses and frames (I get high index because my Rx is high) you get a pair of glasses. Not as high end as your new gorgeous octagonal pair Kristie but really a great inexpensive choice for us for an extra pair yanno? For the price I am pleased. I had never heard of Warby Parker before my friend Tom told me about them and we visited the Soho store. They are online though and that is how I ordered them. Greg got his pair last week but the USPS in their efficiency screwed up with my delivery and I never received them before we left on vacation. So Warby Parker sent another pair out and I got them yesterday. Very pleased with the customer service because that is the right way to do things.

Attaching the pic from yesterday. Please excuse the attire LOL. We had just gotten home from our shopping expedition yesterday and it was so cold and rainy that as soon as we got home (after trying on my new dresses that is LOL) I changed into a heavy sweater and a comfy dress and my hair was a bit wild. I swear it was pouring out at the time of this pic even though it looks sunny in this picture. Must be the light reflecting from the water through the backyard sliding patio doors. It was stormy though I promise despite the sunny look. Do I look like a true NIRDI with the glasses hehe. I think I do. :cheeky:

swarovskihoops.jpg

warbyparkerglasses.jpg

swarovskihoops.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, beautiful fearless & leader!

The SUV IS perfect for me - 4-wheel drive, off-road capability and has a trailer hitch with better towing capacity than my truck. LOL Talk about a glam-ride.

I wish you were - [I wish you ALL]- were coming with me. Any requests ? : ) I was planning to only use one take-on but better minds have prevailed and an empty suitcase is now going too, so plenty of room.

Now that you have your Swarovski earrings, will you be gifting your Grace's to one of us? :naughty:

Congratulations on finally getting the "enough work" situation straighten out. It did seem touch and go for a while. Glad they smartened up, finally, so both you and your patients are getting what you need to be happy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Jimmianne, if you want to book a cruise to France count me in! :appl:
Not ready for flying just yet...oh to be a bird and fly so gracefully through the sky. If I could wish for one super power it wouldn't be to be invisible (though that's a great power to have) it would be to be able to fly. Could you imagine how often we could GTG and the places we could visit whenever we wanted to? :bigsmile:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1433246473|3884088 said:
Not ready for flying just yet...oh to be a bird and fly so gracefully through the sky. If I could wish for one super power it wouldn't be to be invisible (though that's a great power to have) it would be to be able to fly. Could you imagine how often we could GTG and the places we could visit whenever we wanted to? :bigsmile:

Shall we add a cruise to our list of GTGs?
Meanwhile, we will all come to you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1433247070|3884095 said:
missy|1433246473|3884088 said:

Shall we add a cruise to our list of GTGs?
Meanwhile, we will all come to you!

Yes to both but super yes to the second option first. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results