shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ROFL Kristie, yesterday I was on the verge of throwing a fit because honestly it should not be the person coming from abroad working two Saturdays a month and yeah lately even on days off I had to run starting early morning and often getting home at midnight or later. Today is my first true day off in a long time and let me tell you I am enjoying that even if I have to do cleaning and laundy. What a relief though to be able to sit home for just one day. I think that I could use one more day like this but no chance of that happening for a while. We shall see about this coming weekend, I would love to get away for the weekend but now my girlfriend is offended.

Ooh so typical of Kristie, what an awesome, awesome idea! :love: I am just afraid that they will spank me for listing mine. Also, only 2015? Why just 2015? Lol. Actually I had a lot of new stuff in 2014 and now very little in 2014 so then no one will spank me for listing mine. As you know too Liberty was a 2015 acquisition but I sold her sadly. The ones I got in 2014, well, some are def. HG material for me so do not need to buy a lot for a while. Since I am using them as samples for my business I guess I also got more quite a bit in 2014. Some of my stone acquisitions from them are still awaiting setting, quite a few actually.

I also think my bigger 2015 projects will come later in the year, I typically make more jewelry for myself from fall to spring when it is more depressing due to weather. Then I have more time to think of things too although last year was an exception to that rule. In all honesty I think that I am not so busy making things for myself now because of all this divorce thing happening and my mind and other resources being used up by all the proceedings which I truly hate for many other reasons but this as well. I could have imagined spending spring in a more happy mood and way of investing more into diamonds and bling and being busy with that stuff. This is totally pointless but also something I have to get through. Ok, I still get the feeling I will be more busy this year with bling projects.

Perhaps we should also do a private listing where we could all share? :wink2:

How is your weekend going Kristie and how are those sweet furbabies? Sapphie is driving me crazy with all the fur shedding right now but of course I love her to pieces. I just hate it that when I am so allergic she prefers putting her hairy butty in my face at night. :bigsmile:

Off to vacuum up probably tons of Sapphie fur. I could seriously make a coat out of her shedding.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kristie, also do a pic list, will ya? We would all love seeing pix. Please....

We can also do our NIRDI hall of fame but sadly here I cannot participate. ;(

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't even think that you could not post your pieces from 2015, Ovi, I was thinking of MIss Liberty and your pink sapphire necklace!

I'm a nutty listmaker, I should have thought about it more. I was also thinking we have a lovely bunch of NIRDI pets/animals and it would be fun to do a pictorial of all our NIRDI critters! Ovi, you can FOR SURE post your gorgeous kitty.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yeah yeah would love to post pix of bling.

I think I posted my usable pix of Vinnie and Sapphie and have a crappy video of Vinnie but I need to redo pix and videos. Doing that with Abys is practically impossible.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do Abys not require direction, heehee???????

Do *they* direct *you?*

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kristie, ah, well, they definitely own me, I am their slave. I adore Abys, I loved living with many of them. They are so much like dogs, you never have to train them, they just follow what you do, your daily routine, etc. You go to sleep, they go to sleep and the sound of their munching made me feel at ease. Somehow when I go to bed it is always grooming time, which can of course be a bit much, then eating, then grooming a bit more and then getting under the covers to go to sleep together. They are the best at healing broken hearts and making one feel better. :love: but of course I am slightly prejudiced.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am glad your husband was able to get a car to get around. I feel so bad for the crash victims and their families. The survivors have got to be dealing with a lot of trauma too. It was so awful. I heard they are looking in to the train was hit by a projectile but the engineer was definitely going too fast. That’s great your DH likes your ring. The interchangeable earrings are very cool. I have something like that once on lever backs but they have a weird looking “u” at the bottom where the gemstones went. It seems like I had garnets, citrines, amethyst and topaz. I am so excited you are going forward with buying the beach house. I vote you go look at your local jewelry stores to see what kind of band you like with your ring. It’s hard to tell from pictures online how something will look. Ms. Zoe is a cutie.

Kristie, glad Bob got the sod put in before the rain. I love your newest avatar. Westie Cutie!

Callie, that is scary your husband was within days of the bombs in London. Too funny your husband would worry if he came home and found you cooking. So your husband is on a trip today too? I am sure he loves those last minutes trips; the tickets are always so cheap then too. Trips to San Diego sound fun.

Jimmianne, the ring you found for Junebug is so pretty.

Missy, the Die Hard movies are violent so you probably wouldn’t like them. Still Alice was pretty good. Alzheimer’s is an awful disease. I am sorry to hear Greg’s dad had it. I hope you find supportive shoes for the summer. I am glad you had a nice time seeing your friend. Great pictures!

Ovi, sorry you had such a long day at work yesterday. I hope your perfume shows up soon. I did some therapy shopping at Chefs catalog today and bought things I can’t say I needed. Maybe my earrings will be here this week. Stupid allergies!

Kristie, good idea to start NIRDI bling in 2015. We do our share to help keep the jewelry business going.

My List:
Upgraded Kentucky Blue Sapphire Ring
EC diamond studs
Multi Colored diamond RHR
Added RB diamond to emerald RHR
Amethyst drop earrings

Marty is on the way to DC again. It was chilly and rainy here for golf this weekend; I think he’d rather have stayed in DC for golf. I am glad he came home though. I had lunch in the oven so it was ready when he came home. Poor guy had 30 minutes to eat and pack but he’s skilled at both of those tasks. LOL.

I am working on mundane household chores today. I picked up Nesbitt orange soda this morning. I’ll have to see how it compares to Fanta. I used to drink Orange Crush a lot but that was probably more a football thing. I tried the Squirt yesterday and didn’t drink it. It wasn’t something I liked that well.

I rented quite a few movies this weekend. The Gambler and Cake was pretty good. The movie Every Secret Thing was a little creepy and I am watching the Wedding Ringer right now.

Have a great day!
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, NIRDI Bling 2015:

RINGS:
Spessartite garnet ring, 14 kt white gold, Bubbles
Multicolored diamonds, RHR
Diamond RB and Emerald RHR
Black opal, diamond 14 kt yg ring, Ruby Lane
Ruby, emerald, diamond 14 kt yg band, antique/estate.
Silver and ammonite ring

EARRINGS:
EC diamond studs
Amethyst drop earrings

NECKLACE/PENDANTS:
Peridot wire-wrapped mini-bomb pendant.
Ammonite pendant.

This is interesting: We have diamonds (white, yellow fancy), emeralds, rubies, black opal, sapphires (blue), spessartite garnet, amethyst, peridot and ammonite (fossil). Yellow gold, white gold, platinum.

That is with two NIRDIs thus far :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, its been an all-chore weekend here. Relandscaping the grassy area of the backyard, housecleaning and laundry, grooming the Westies, grocery shopping, I'm putting myself to sleep here its so boring.

Man, that was a narrow window of home time for Marty. :lol: I won't be surprised to hear of you two moving in the next 3 years, better golfing and airport proximity and less scary/dangerous weather for you to drive in when Marty is on business trips. I think Bob and I have at least another 7 years here. He can retire at 58 and I won't be surprised if he does that.

That is Finn as my avatar, I felt like he needed some avatar time, Maggie had it for so long, and then last week it was the two of them on the 'new' chair.

No swimming for us this weekend, with that storm blowing over from Los Angeles, the weather was incredibly cool and wonderful and the rain was great too but it cooled the pool way down.

Marcy, the next time you go to the grocery store, try getting Yasso greek yogurt bars. OMG, they are TDF and they actually taste like ice cream and I'm the meanest judge on that score. They have mint chip, coffee/choc chip, cookie dough, and salted caramel. Only 100 calories, good protein #s, and they taste terrific.

Bob loves Orange Crush. He liked the Fanta when Bubbles had her glamour shots taken, but I think he likes Orange Crush more :D

Well have a good week, good luck with the manual and the slowish staff person. That's always tough, people react oddly to finding out they are visibly underperforming at work...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Ovi, HA I hear you on the shedding. I think our furbabies are molting. :shock: Roombie cannot recharge fast enough these days. ::)

I hope you had a relaxing Sunday and got some chores done too. What's on tap for the upcoming week?

Kristie, I love your new avatar of Finn. He's a handsome boy. And it's so fair of you to give each of your furbabies equal air time. ;))
You had lovely weekend weather. Yesterday was a bit warm for me but it's better than snow. Good for you in accomplishing all those chores. You had a productive weekend. :appl:

Bob retiring at 58 is great. :appl: I don't think Greg will be able to retire for a number of years yet and that will bring him well into his 60's.

I cannot remember what I got in terms of bling this year but it wasn't much as I wasn't working much of the year as you may remember lol. I got the grace oec/cushion dangles and those heart drop earrings. That's all I think I got this year but I might have missed a purchase or 2. Nothing major however. I really haven't made any major bling purchase since Bea. We would never be able to retire if I continued making major bling purchases haha. 8)

Callie, how are you doing? Did you do any interesting shopping yesterday? Did you ask to bring you back any souvenirs and if so did you specify their size lol.

Marcy, Marty was certainly home for a short period of time and I hope he returns home soon and for a long while this time. Thanks for those movie suggestions. I think we saw
Every Secret Thing but I am going to have to check on that. This weekend we saw 3 excellent movies that I highly recommend.

Chef
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70297087?trkid=13462047

You're Not You
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80014853?trkid=13462047

and as I wrote before Still Alice.

All 3 are worth checking out as we really enjoyed them.

Have a good morning all. I am off in a little while for my annual physical and gyn appointment (and Greg's annual physical too). At the time it always seems like a good idea to schedule them both the same day but on the day of the appointments I question the wisdom as I am not in the mood for 2 medical appointments today. Wish me luck. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
I feel as though the upcoming trip has taken my attention away from PS, but now that we have found an AirBnB apartment in France the major hurdles have been jumped and I can relax a little.
I can't say enough good about the AirBnB system. My daughter is doing very well, with her apt rented out almost every weekend. Also it was great to find a place to stay on a trip where you are welcomed on your arrival by someone who's an informative contact person in the city.

Abyssinian cats sound wonderful! and they are so beautiful. Issy would love herding cats but I'll bet they would get the best of her.
After this I'm off to youTube to find videos to get an Abys kittyfix.

Joy was the highlight of my bling-spending in 2015 : )
Truly impressive that at least two of us can remember exactly what they got in 2015. It all seems to run together - an endless looking buying trading upgrading - - - but I would say that the NIRDIs are def. helping the economy :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Missy, Good luck today with your appointments. I like the idea of scheduling them at the same time and getting it over with in one swoop. I didn't buy anything yesterday while shopping but am heading out today as well. I ordered a few dresses on line and one fit great the other, not so much. I'm tying to decide if I want to have it tailored or just return it. Buy the time they complete all the alterations I'm sure it will cost a lot and I'm not even sure I will end up loving the dress. Pretty sure it's going back. Hope I find something else today. Yes, someone has been asked very nicely if a new souvenir can please find it's way into the suitcase. Hopefully something a little less runt looking! In all honestly everything always depends on how busy the trip is. This one sounded like a last minute nightmare but someone promised to do their best. I will keep you posted!

Kristie, I have nothing to report jewelry wise this year. My last two years have been amazing jewelry wise so I need to take a break if I want to stay married :) In all honesty the husband has been more than generous and I know better than to press my luck. I already feel like a spoiled brat. I love hearing all about everyone else's beauties!

Jimmieanne, I'm glad you are all set and feeling comfortable about your trip. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. I need to step out of my comfort zone and make an international trip while my husband wants to make one. Although as long is there is golf, I'm sure that won't be a problem.

Marcy, I have some bad news for you. Please don't look for a package this week. It's looking like it may not be arriving until the following week. Please don't be disappointed in me. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised when it arrives. I hope your day at work goes well. Marty sure didn't get much of a weekend, did he? I hate when that happens. When my husband traveled all the time that happened often so I know what you and Marty go thru. Not fun sometimes.

Junebug, I hope you are doing well. Are you going to your moms this week? Has she been doing well? Did your husband end up having to traveling this week? Seems like Marcy, you and I are in the same boat with both our husbands travel and golf. Are you getting excited about the new beach house? Have you started looking at gold bands?

Sharon, What did you decide on your necklace? I meant to ask you if you miss the diamond you recently sold? Although with your eternity band it's not like you are looking down and not seeing something beautiful. Your band sounds so beautiful!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm glad to hear you mention Roombie - - - I was thinking about you yesterday when taking mine apart to clean because it stopped picking up fur. I was hoping you still love yours. Mine works just fine now and it is the only time in 2 years that I've had to do the disassembly to that extent. [That little sensor under the brushes just needed to be polished].

Callie, I hear you about getting outside the comfort zone. It sounds like such a great thing to do, but is really hard, especially that first step. I would love to hear what everyone does that they feel is outside their comfort zone. I love the rut I'm in of a nice simple life, but think maybe later there will be regrets if there is not enough adventure now!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs :wavey: :wavey: Happy Monday!

Missy, having the GYN and physical appointments in 1 day, at least you're DONE for what, the next 2-3 years? Urgh. If you get hassled for a colonoscopy for screening purposes, go with Cologuard instead, no risk and 98+% accurate (its a fecal sample DNA test for tumor markers). If you got a hit on Cologuard, then do the colonoscopy or scan. Insurance companies love it, it costs $500 (compare to a colonoscopy) and its more accurate and there is no risk of perforation or disease transmission from scopes.

Jimmianne, great question regarding comfort zone. For me, NOT working is way outside my comfort zone :lol: I come from a family of affiliators (just read the new book out on habits, and affiliators are people who identify themselves with who/what they work for/attend school/hang with) so not having a label to hang on myself is a new thing for me. I like it! Its been freeing in a lot of ways.

Giving up control to others is my most uncomfortable zone.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ - Cologuard - good to know - glad you mentioned it.
I'm off to have a bone scan to see if the Prolia has worked in the past 2 years. My doc has a mobile office in an RV and travels all over NC. I'm meeting the bus at a very good place to look at nice clothes. It would be fun if you were along for the shopping part : )

Now that you mention it everything on my discomfort zone list is something outside my control...plane trips...dentists...mean people LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Kristie I'm glad to have both appointments over with today. I go every year to my Gyn and internist. I wish every 2-3 years lol.
I am going to check out that colonoscopy alternative thanks. Both my internist and Gyn would like me to get a colonoscopy this year since I am going to be 50. They agreed it's not a magic # but important to do. I agree it's just been a challenging 16 months and I was hoping for a break from doctors but I promised Greg and my doctors I will have it before my next annual. Greg wants me to make the appointment by November.

Both doctors were also pleased I gained weight. Callie I weighed more than I told you last Tuesday. I somehow gained 2 lbs since last week lol. I think I will go back to my eating lots of almonds/cashews/walnuts. Going off them caused me to gain haha. I'm up 12 lbs from last year at this time but I am not looking to lose it. I'm at a good weight even though some of my clothes are tight. Callie I tried the capris on yesterday. Very snug but wearable. I'm just relieved I didn't gain too much. Easier to maintain than lose for sure.

Lol Kristie I'm also out of my comfort zone with this work situation. So maybe if I have to stop working it will be character building. :bigsmile:
And I'm with you 100%. Giving up control to others is my most uncomfortable. In fact right before I was wheeled into surgery I was terrified. But you guys knew that as I shared all my fears about that with you. The most terrified I think I've ever been.

Jimmianne, I'm with you re flying, mean people and dentists too haha.

I love Roombie and in fact he's working hard right now in the bedroom. So much cat hair yuck. But roombie's on the job. :appl: cleaning him takes me a few minutes but not bad. I remove the 2 wheelie rolls and empty the filter and dust him with a microfiber cloth. So far that seems fine. I am sure eventually I will have to do what you had to in taking him apart for a more thorough cleaning.

Glad you are excited about your France trip. It will be wonderful!

Good luck with your bone scan!

Junie, how are you and how's your mom doing? Any potential bands?

Callie, good luck and enjoy shopping today. I hope you find exactly what you want. :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy and My NIRDI Pals:

Don't get a colonoscopy if its only for colon SCREENING. Screening is LOOKING into an organ or system to see if all is well. DIAGNOSTIC happens when there is a sign or symptom that something is wrong.

You can screen your colon at NO RISK with a new screening test done at home by collecting a poop sample.

The risks of SCREENING colonoscopy are high: Perforation risk is 1:1000, that is a high risk for a sceening procedure. Perforation leads to septic shock and system failure. Perforation usually means you have an emergent surgical procedure and that has a high probability of installing a bag to collect urine and feces until the perforation heals. You'll be on a harsh antibiotic for a good long while (goodbye healthy gut microbiome). If you don't get perforated, know that the scopes they used ARE NOT STERILE, they are scrubbed after the prior procedure as best as possible. Scopes are ridged and the handles are hollow; it was reported to the FDA this year that scopes and their handles retain matter from prior procedures which may be deposited into your body during your procedure. Avoid colonoscopy UNLESS you have polyposis (abundance of polyps) and must have polyps removed during a scoping of your colon.

Cologuard was developed by Mayo, is 98+% accurate (more accurate than colonoscopy!) with ZERO risk to the patient. You collect a poop sample at home, send it off, and the lab screens it for tumor markers (colon cancer). If you get a positive, you would either have a colon scan OR a colonoscopy.

I know the dirty details of colonoscopy because I made it my business to know when my internist asked me to get one when I turned 50. that was a lot of risk to assume JUST BECAUSE I had a birthday. I talked to the head colonoscopy nurse and a GI specialist. I talked to the techs who scrub the scope and handles. I decided to wait for Cologuard. Many docs don't keep up with the latest and best and if your internist doesn't know about Cologuard you can direct him to the website for it. Insurance companies love it because its cheap AND accurate.

EDITED: If you ever think you have colitis, a GI specialist is going to want you to have a colonoscopy to evaluate the extent and type of the colitis both by imaging (camera through the scope) and biopsies. If this happens to you, NO RESIDENTS are to perform your colonoscopy. Most of the perfs I saw were created by residents. Email me for other risk reducing aspects.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RINGS:
Spessartite garnet ring, 14 kt white gold, Bubbles
Multicolored diamonds, RHR
Diamond RB and Emerald RHR
Black opal, diamond 14 kt yg ring, Ruby Lane
Ruby, emerald, sapphire and diamond 14 kt yg band, antique/estate.
Silver and ammonite ring
Joy, The OEC
Junie's Sunny Delight (yet to be named by Junie) Fancy Yellow Pear Halo/pave band

EARRINGS:
EC diamond studs
Amethyst drop earrings

NECKLACE/PENDANTS:
Peridot wire-wrapped mini-bomb pendant.
Ammonite pendant.

This is interesting: We have diamonds (white, yellow fancy), emeralds, rubies, black opal, sapphires (blue), spessartite garnet, amethyst, peridot and ammonite (fossil). Yellow gold, white gold, platinum.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kristie. I am looking into it and will see if this is a viable option for me. From my reading so far it is a good screening but may not replace the first colonoscopy screening for me in order to make sure I don't have polyps that need to be removed. How does one know about polyps till they take the scope down there and check it out? I know a couple of people who were asymptomatic and had polyps removed during their colonoscopy.

Of course I would love to do this Cologuard and be done. I will be emailing my internist to get his take. Thank you so much for the info!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just real quickly, I would caution you Missy like Kristie did, please look into other options if possible. I declined colonoscopy and believe me I have been really sick with my digestive system my whole life, I mean very sick and often wanted to die when I had a fever for years and vomited all the time. I was going to be tested later for Crohn's and I did not agree to colonoscopy. I tell you very honestly that it is horrible and my mom is a doctor and because of a lot of bleeding she had to have it and she was scared to death as she herself has seen cases where the patients's colon was perforated and they died. No, thanks. If there are other viable options, please look into them, I am not trying to scare you away but I the risks are very real and actually not that low. Of course my mom was fine and most likely you would be fine but I said no to it, unless you must, don't. I am crossing my fingers for your tests to turn out all perfect! :appl:

I tell you girls honestly sometimes I think I am missing info, Callie I have not talked to you in ages besides writing here and I am understanding nothing about what you are writing, are you going on vacay? Ok I am understanding the shopping part ROFL. I think I may not be getting it because part of the conversation takes place behind the scenes as we communicate with each other outside of PS but I may be dumb, I did not get most of your post Callie and the responses to it. :errrr: I am mad at myself. :bigsmile: Hopefully all is great and yes your spirits are high and that is great! I must be tired tonight too and cannot read or address all posts.

Jimmianne, I had a website for my Abys and my friend had a great photo site of mostly Abys but I am sure we cannot share links here. Abys are truly adorable, what personalities they had. Of course I was a breeder and started out with the best temperaments and that was very predominant in my lines and other Aby people commented on the oustanding temperaments my cats had. Now I still miss so many of them, I only have two kitties now and the house feels empty, seriously, there will be a lot of sadness here after they leave and that was why I wanted Vinnie to have babies but pretty soon he will be 8 and no I do not mean he can have babies, he cannot but I wish I could find trustworthy people to use him with the right girls so there would be a chance. He had a litter when he was 8 months old and they were so wonderful but all boys and placed, while I wanted to keep Rocky his son that was raised by his mom Stella, I simply could not as I had a whole years of all boys in litters and Rocky had a tail fault. His relationship with his dad Vinnie and his grandma and surrogate mom Stella was awesome too. I still miss him and so did Stella but then Stella had her last litter of two boys, probably my best litter ever and one of the boys contributed to famous Abys in the world. Her other baby Garcia was the one that due to veterinary malpractice died of a heart attack from a simple blood draw. I thought I would die too.

I probably made absolutely no sense tonight girls and bored you with some cat stories, I think I need to go to sleep soon, Sapphie is waiting. Again it is late and have been tired and wanting to sleep more because then Wednesday the conference starts. Have a great day girls and tomorrow I will be here for bling and other talk.

Yeah, let's do a NIRDI hall of fame but why oh why I cannot join unless offline? I want to do this for our faves too. Some of us did not buy much in 2015 due to various reasons or bling binging in previous years but we still have our big faves, so a hall of fame would be way too cool. I could at least cheer you on even if I cannot post pix here. But then I could add my own in a private group message perhaps. :rodent:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, thanks compiling the list of 2015 NIRDI bling. We get all of that bling in one place they’ll be able to see it from the Space Station. Those chore filled weekends are boring but necessary. I have to agree with you about how long we’ll be here. 7 years will zip by for you and Bob. The picture of Finn is so cute. I will definitely look for some of those greek yogurt bars. They sound delicious. Thanks! I was thinking of trying the orange Nesbitt tonight but didn’t. Your beautiful Bubbles has me on an orange soda kick.

Missy, you read my thoughts about not buying major purchases of jewelry anymore or we’ll never be able to retire. Marty and I definitely need to plan better for retirement and save more plus spend less. I will have to look for the movie called Chef. I saw it a few weeks ago but didn’t watch it. I think American Sniper comes out to rent soon. I know that movie will probably be hard to watch but I want to see it. I am glad the doctors think you are at a good weight.

Jimmianne, you should be spending lots of time planning your trip, that is part of the fun. That’s great you found an apartment over there. Joy certainly was a great purchase for you and us NIRDIs. It is strange you mention going outside of your comfort zone; I definitely don’t like to venture outside of mine. I like to stay home and stick with the familiar. My parents traveled a lot and never hesitated to try new things; I certainly didn’t pick that up from them. I really dreaded flying and going to Pebble Beach a few years ago and it was an awesome trip. Now that Marty’s got me on a plane a few times a year flying doesn’t make me nervous anymore. Wow, that’s cool your doctor has a mobile RV.

Callie, I hope you found another dress you liked today. I am sure altering a dress would be costly. I think we have all been pretty spoiled with jewelry but we are worth it. I think I’ll have to agree to an international trip sometime too. Marty wants to go to Italy. Don’t worry about getting Harold to me in the mail, I’ll be happy to welcome him to my den of bears whenever he arrives. I am sure I am going to love him. Thank you.

Ovi, you would have a household of fur babies and love them all. How is Sapphie doing? Are you enjoying your pretty pink sapphire pendant? I hope you sleep well tonight; you need a good long nap.

My earrings will arrive Wednesday. Sweet. I feel a cold, cough, backache, flu or something coming on that day.

Here is the glam shots from WF. They need to hire me to take their photos. Just saying. If the EC weren’t VVS I’d be freaking that the shot with the flower looks like the diamonds are cloudy.

It was only 50 here today and there is SNOW in the forecast tomorrow night.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy

_345.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Marcy, SNOW! say it isn't so. OMG. OK I think it is time for you to come here as all we have today is rain. We are waiting for you. Bring the earrings, bring Teddy and we will make sure that "sore throat" of yours is taken care of. :Up_to_something: Oh and make sure you bring some of your other lovely bling too. I will write you a doctor's note getting you out of work for the rest of the week. :naughty: Don't forget Teddy!

Let me know what you think of the movie Chef if you end up watching it. I hope you will enjoy it. Both Greg and I give it 4 out of 5 stars (well Greg gives it 4.5 but I am a tougher grader haha).

Callie, sweetheart, how are you doing? I was thinking of you much of the night and when I woke up you popped into my head. Just want to make sure all is OK. (((HUGS))).
I forgot to ask if you found anything else shopping yesterday? Did you find another dress? If you come here (haha see how I keep getting the conversation to that topic lol) Greg would be happy to tailor any dress for you. He is quite good at it and in fact we almost found fabric I liked for him to make a dress for me but I decided it wasn't quite the perfect fabric. Still searching. I need more time to spend at Mood to pick out just the right fabric.

Kristie, How's the weather by you now? It turned much cooler here and is raining now. I cannot believe the dramatic change in temperature from Sunday to Monday. I was cold yesterday. Greg is off to the beach house to meet with 2 structural engineers about digging out the basement and also meeting with a contractor. Oy I am seeing lots of our retirement funds being spent here. And believe me I share your concern about the basement and water being on the bay but we shall see what happens. I am only going to stress about one thing at a time and right now it is Greg's biopsy results that are on my mind. And I don't love him driving to the beach in the dense fog alert we have right now so of course I am concerned about his drive there and back today. LOL talking to me can be exhausting so just warning you... :cheeky:
But I will be on good behavior today don't worry. :))

I read all about Cologuard last night and now I need a physician willing to write me an Rx for it. And Greg too because he is due for his second Colonoscopy soon. I don't want to start over with a new doctor though so if my internist won't write an Rx I am not sure what to do. He is not one of the physicians listed on their website though there are over 300 physicians listed in the NY area who do write Rxs for their procedure. It's frustrating you need an Rx from the physician.

Orsi, thanks for sharing your and your mom's colonoscopy stories. I am sorry she was so sick and yes I can see why you and Kristie are recommending against it. I checked the Cologuard website and my doctor is not one of the doctors on it and I am worried he will refuse to write me an Rx for it so not sure what to do if he does. I will speak to him about it and hope he will be open minded to this but Greg doesn't think he will be OK with me doing this vs colonoscopy as he knows what he knows. Not the best quality in a physician but he is one of the better ones in many other ways.

I love hearing about your kitties and would love seeing more pics please. That is PS OK as opposed to seeing your bling pics posted here. I wish vendors could share more of their bling with PS in general but I get why it is not allowed.

Thanks for your good health wishes dear Orsi and hugs for a good week!

Junie, how are you? Thinking of you and your exciting new purchases (and those to be!) and hoping all is well. Are you visiting your mom this week and how is she doing? (((Hugs))).

Sharon, did you make any decisions re that lovely necklace? I agree paying retail hurts though with some things it is worth it. I hope you are having a good week.

Jimmianne, as I wrote to you last night Roombie went right back to his charger in home base without me putting him there yesterday. I think that was an accident that he just ended up there when his charge was dead but it never happened before and was weird that he did that but it would be great if he always did that. And Tommy was on high alert when Roombie was doing his second cleaning round yesterday in the living room/dining room and kitchen. Having one open large area is challenging for Roombie but he does a decent job. Allowing him to be in one closed room at a time however is really the more efficient way for him to clean but I am not complaining. Love Roombie!

What are you packing for your trip? And make sure you leave room in your suitcase for purchases because if memory serves me correctly I bought a lot of clothes (and yes bling haha) in France. So many beautiful Parisian clothes will be waiting for you there. I wish I could find a pic of some of my Paris purchases. If I can I will post them here. Found a pic and posting. I am wearing the Parisian outfit I bought during that trip. Very fashion forward at the time and all the rage in Paris. And please notice my pearls even at that tender young age I loved the pretty bling. :appl: And this is the only pic you will ever see of me with a bit of a tan. Yes I am very tan for me in this pic. That is what traveling through Europe all summer will do to a pale girl. :cheeky: LOL.

This pic is when I met my parents back in Italy in their hotel room after my solo Europe trip when I was a tender 19 years of age. I traveled all of Europe for 2 months (started my trip in London and met a tour group for 2 weeks and then was on my own for another 4 weeks (though I made fast friends with 2 Canadian girls with whom I traveled much of the remaining 4 weeks that I was on my own) and then my parents met me in Italy after I was finished with most of my trip. Italy was so nice it was worth visiting twice that summer. I was so brave in those days haha. Look how young my mom looks in the photo. My parents were opening gifts I got them from that trip. My mom was so young. She was just 41 I think in that pic. Much younger than I am now. Time goes by so quickly. ::)

How did the bone scan go? I hope it all went well and remember we are to use your words "beautiful and vibrant" (love that description thank you Jimmianne) and it's all part of our wisdom gaining process this aging thing. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself lol.
How is Puff doing? I am missing him and would love some updates. Sending lots of kisses to my sweet Puffy boy. :kiss:

floweroutfitfromparis1985.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those EC earrings are going to look beautiful and Wednesday is almost here!

We could use a little snow here [hint hint] it's been 90 and my AC needs replacing. I don't know how people lived without AC...rather, I guess I am finding out. Not fun.

I am finally getting the guard rings for my asscher today - it has been about 6 months since I put down the deposit. We met three times and the third time she had prototypes for me to try:
img_7920.jpg
I only post this [out of focus photo] because it should be a good "before" shot of 2 different styles we made up. You can't really tell anything from this shot now that I look at it : )
The finished rings should be less "wiggly" and simple, will have an indentation for the solitaire setting so everything is flush, and will have rose gold triangles.
I had bought several rings in this style from her over the years and thought it would make a great rustic setting for a square stone to be worn every day.

Meanwhile, it's taken so long to get these that I've already started considering an upgraded Asscher [think GOG, Fall, GTG side trip].

Happy Day, Everyone! Off to pick up rings & see you later.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm glad your appointments went well! Ugh, I'm behind on all of mine :oops: And I'm almost 55 and haven't had a colonoscopy yet. The discussion about them here is interesting, I'll ask my doctor about alternatives. My husband had one a few years ago and everything went fine…he did have a polyp that was removed.

So glad you met up with your friend and had a good time! You and Greg look so good! Wow, you're beautiful. And I love that Greg just bought the jacket and wore it, that is so cute. Hey, why not? Love the older pics too - except for your hairstyle, you don't look any different! Love the pic of your mother too - what a beautiful woman and holy moley, she looks really young for 41! I thought she was your sister at first. Looking young runs in the family!

Thanks for asking about my mother, she's doing ok. She feels fine, just kind of lethargic and sleepy. And her dementia keeps her from being able to entertain herself, she can't really do anything so during her alert periods she's kind of bored and antsy. Makes for some long days to be honest.

And it sounds like you're planning on digging out a basement for your house? Sorry if I missed this - sounds like a good idea and in the long run the extra space will be worth it.

Calliecake, I agree re the band, I'm leaning towards a plain band too. Thank you for the suggestion! I checked J Crew and didn't see the one you referred to, but I'll go back and check again. I haven't had a chance to hit any jewelry stores but I will next week. I'm tempted to just order one from the Zales website, but it's in 14 k - I'm not that particular with mixing metals though, so it would be fine I'm sure.

Yes, getting excited about the house! Now comes the part where we have to do all the things involved with moving lol.

Yeah, I think Zoe was a bit jealous she wasn't getting any attention!

I'm at my mother's right now, I'm staying for a longer period this week because we're going away for a long weekend for Memorial Day and I wanted to give my brother a break and I feel guilty for going away. Yes, I know, I know… I shouldn't feel that way, it makes no sense, but I just can't seem to help it. It's a problem for me and I know I have to figure out a way to stop feeling that way.

Kristie, you're right, Miss Zoe is petite, her little paws are cute! I have a few 2mm bands that look ok with my ring, but maybe even a bit thinner would be good.

Love the pic of Finn! :love: I want to reach into the pic and just cuddle him, he is just so darn cute.

That's great that Bob will retire at 58! My dh would like to retire sooner rather than later so that he is still relatively young and has the energy and ability to do things…namely play golf :cheeky: It's a little tough right now to make specific plans though because of me helping out with my mother.

Jimmianne, I like the width of the band you posted, thanks! I think something delicate like this will look nice. I just want to add a little something extra.

It just hit me that your trip is coming up! I'm excited for you, it will be a wonderful experience. Will you get to see the Mona Lisa? I've always wanted to see the Mona Lisa lol

And yay for new ring guards for your beautiful asscher - How fun, can't wait to see them!

Ovi, so sorry your allergies are acting up, that can really make a person miserable. I sympathize with how hard it is to get up early - I'm not really a morning person and I feel lousy all day when I have to get up very early. Of course in my case I guess it would help if I went to bed a little earlier lol, but it's just kind of hard for me to do that.

And I totally relate to having problem feet - I have a very difficult time finding shoes that are both comfortable and look nice. It seems any shoe or sandal I buy ends up rubbing sometimes to the point of blisters, is too tight, hurts my bunions (lovely, I know), or just makes my feet ache in general. I cringe when I have to buy a new pair of shoes. High heels are out of the question for me, unfortunately. I love them but my feet just can't tolerate them. My daughter gave me the name of a website she found - it's called barkingdogshoes.com and apparently it reviews shoes for comfort. She says there's even a section for shoes for bunion haha. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but I thought I'd mention it. I'm sorry previously comfy shoes are bothering you so much, that is really frustrating.

And yes, I guess you could say I have a part-time kitty right now - this little kitty showed up at my mother's doorstep a few years ago and my brother fed her so she stayed around. We did our best to find an owner, and I also tried to find a no-kill shelter to take her to with no success so we decided to just keep her!

I enjoyed your cat stories, I didn't realize you were a breeder, it must be hard when you form attachments to the kittens.

You sound like you have a grueling schedule, that's tough and I hope you get a chance to relax and rest a little once in a while, in the long run it will be good for you.

Marcy, omg, those earrings look gorgeous!!! :love: I am so excited for you, I can't wait to see these on you! :dance: You must do ear shots, right away! :D Don't stress about the pic, as you said since the stones are VVS I'm sure they are as clear as day.

And the possibility of snow, oh wow! I hope you start getting some warmer weather soon.

Yes, sounds like you, Callie and I are in the same boat with our dhs - lots of travel and golf :wacko:

Well, I've probably missed a few things, sorry if I did! Lots of posts recently! Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in to say that my ring guards don't fit the setting they were made for [too large a gap] so the stone spins in the setting, the finish work is not good - one of the appliques has fallen out already. The person who made them is a personal friend. I don't want to say anything. I thought they looked OK good when I picked them up, but by the time I got home wearing them I realized there were issues and then a close look revealed even more. So she already thinks I'm happy. :wall:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, sorry about this Jimmianne - this is an awkward situation - you have to just go with what you think is best - sounds like you're more comfortable not saying anything. I'm sorry this didn't go as planned.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1432060934|3878588 said:
Ah, sorry about this Jimmianne - this is an awkward situation - you have to just go with what you think is best - sounds like you're more comfortable not saying anything. I'm sorry this didn't go as planned.

thanks, Junebug. I appreciate your support. I'm disappointed, but at least the money went to someone I know and like.
Back to the drawing board!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Just writing really quick that today was hectic, lots of document work and other stuff I had to get done of course just cuz I wanted to relax some too and pack tonight and do extra stuff for the furbabies. The horrid weather is starting to hit with storms all the way to at least the end of the week and I was dying from headache today. I tried napping which did not work, just as well as then I could not sleep tonight.

There was stressful stuff, plenty of it but I also got some potentially very good news for me, well, or so I hope. We shall see, it is just that someone I really really like as a person and consider a friend but also we work together may finally visit after we met over a year ago, so this is exciting because this person I like a lot more than most other men I have known and I am open but the good thing is that I am happy if he is only a friend I get to see because I like him as a person the most, which is good I think.

Now, tomorrow the big real estate conference is starting where we exhibit and I looked forward to this for a long time but perhaps it will not be so much fun though I think it will be very nice. Sooo heading to bed, if not early, I doubt that but at least try to get 6-7 hours of sleep. I was hoping for more but today it was not going to happen.

Junie we are foot twins, well I hope not, I have duck feet and worse that I cannot wear flats. Since my heels have a defect I cannot put weight on them at all so you can imagine how much the other parts suffer from heels all the time. I try to wear wedges as much as I can but sometimes they even give me terrible problems. Now with bad weather not sure how I will survive standing at the conference all day as either I am wearing comfy wedges that are comfy because they fall off my feet or I wear killer heels.

Marcy huge congrats! Stunning! Please, we beg you for modelling shots ASAP.

Kristie, do not forget that there were two pendants. :rodent: I think you can mention this because it was a gift from you and really of course I will never sell it. Sopron festival is happening soon and I will then go and get you your T-shirt, with all the shit happening lately and being alone in the store in Vienna most the time, I have not been able to go out so much in Vienna. The rest I leave up to the listmaker...

My perfume supposedly arrived today yaaaay!!! But my colleague acted weird all day today, not sure what is wrong with her, will ask tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you girls and I am not coming home in the next two days so will check in as soon as I can, talk to you all soon.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, You look so beautiful in the picture with your mom. Your mom looks so young! I hope Greg's meeting went well today and you can find a solution for Greg having a workshop. My basement offer still stands. We could shop while Greg works. You may really come to like Illinois.

Jimmianne, I'm sorry about the ring guard. I have to admit I would be thinking exactly as you are. At least the money went to someone you like. Leave lots of room in your suitcase on your France trip. The boutiques are supposed to have beautiful things and you may find lots of things you cannot live without. I can't wait to hear all about the jewelry stores.

Junebug, I love the idea of moving to a new beach house but the packing and moving...not so much. I'm so glad little Zoe found her way to you. She is such a cutie. If you think you found a band you like on Zales site I would just order it if the price is good.

Marcy, People would think you and I are crazy if they heard us saying our husbands are going to make us go on a international vacation.

Kristie, Do you know if you can if this test if you have had polyps in the past? It sure woukd be nice to skip the whole colonoscopy test if possibly. I had problems when I had mine and everything you said makes me worry more. I also woke up in the middle of the test....not pleasant.

OV, I hope your headache gets better quickly. I have a harder time with wedges then I do with heels. My ankle always turns when I wear wedges. Do you wear wedges often, have you had this problem. I feel like I will break my ankle everytime I wear them.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I just saw your Mrs Box. You did a fantastic job!!!!! You are so talented!!! Zoe too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results