shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My back has held up ok for the last 10 days or so, so this afternoon Tim and I went for our first walk in months! It was wonderful! We're having some unseasonably mild weather, and it was just delightful to be able to walk - and to be able to do it outside!

Heading back to California tomorrow (hideously early - I have to get up at 3am!). Hoping my back holds up for that!

Love to you all. <3

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, It’s going to be so exciting walking into the house and seeing the sheetrock up.

@marcy, Would you be able to post a picture of the quilt when it’s finished? If you aren’t comfortable doing that I completely understand. I find them so beautiful and am in awe of all the work that goes into making one. All your pictures are beautiful Marcy.

@Tekate, Auti is adorable!! She‘s a little beauty. What a sweet picture of her with John. It’s so much fun spending time with them and seeing everything thru their eyes when they are little. We have 4 grandnieces and a grandnephew now. Another grandniece is due in April. I’m glad things are better with you and Kath. She has had a lot to come to grips with. Hopefully she will change her mind regarding the transplant. She has so much to live for. I’m so happy to see you back on Pricescope and am glad to hear you are doing well. I’ve missed you. This pandemic has been hard on everyone Tekate.

@junebug17, I hope everything is well with you and your family and you are planning another trip to SC soon. It’s 50 degrees here today. I was shocked DH didn’t want to go golfing.

@canuk-gal, I hope things are going well for your mom and work isn’t too hectic.

@MamaBee, Thinking of you and hoping all is going well. Have you been able to see your mom?

@bling_dream19, Any new fun jewelry projects? You collection is amazing.

@mrs-b , Great news on your surgery being scheduled. I’m happy you and Tim were able to get out and had a fun afternoon. Safe travels to California. Have lots of fun with Elinor.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout!
I hope everyone is well and had a nice restful weekend. I'm enjoying a slower pace of life and the nice weather.
I'm soo glad to hear your hubby's job is safe @mrs-b and how wonderful to go to CA for your daughter's birthday! I hope your back holds up and you are comfortable.
@Calliecake you write the nicest posts. Your kindness always shines through. Just had to tell you that!
@Tekate your little Auti is super adorable! Tuesdays are your favorite day of the week I'm sure!
@missy Thinking about you as always sweet friend. I love your hiking and beach photos. You are living the dream and inspiring others to do that too.
@marcy You sound very happy in your new chapter and I'm thrilled for you! Any extra time for jewelry dreaming?
I'm working on a pink sapphire yellow diamond hearts ring. I finally started a thread for help on RT and as usual PSers are the best! I'm always open to suggestions. I think I'm going to reset my 3 stone AVC into yellow gold, not sure if it should be 14kt, antique 14kt, or 18kt gold? . I should have listened to @mrs-b and a few others from the beginning lol. Thankfully, DK hasn't fired me and are wonderful as usual.
Sending love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy Colorado has probably changed a lot since you were there but the scenery is still gorgeous. It’s more metropolitan now so it’s probably something you are used to anyway. There weather is as crazy as ours but a bit warmer than we are. That is nice to keep your tree up; there was a restaurant here that kept a tree up year round and put different decorations on it through the year for different holidays. I like having lights. I call fettuccine Alfredo with chicken - Chicken Alfredo. It was delicious too. Hi Tommy!
@Austina thanks for the recommendation on the Lucy film; I watched 2 shows on her on TV and learned all sorts of things about her I never knew. I still enjoy watching I Love Lucy. Some of those classic episodes are hysterical. Nice you had 80 degree weather but darn your temps are dropping. This bitter cold we are having this week is coming down from Canada and I think it’s the same front that is dropping your temps. Yay for progress on your house.

@mrs-b safe and comfortable travels to California. Nice that you and Tim got to enjoy a lovely walk.

@Calliecake I will see if my sister can send me a picture of the baby quilt; she had it printed on a letter to me but I don’t have it anymore. Yes, quilts take a ton of time. Thank you for liking my pictures.

@bling_dream19 that’s great you are enjoying a slower pace of life and nice weather. Sounds lovely. I am trying not to dream up new jewelry but you know I’ll crack at some point. Now that I’m retired it’s not like I go anywhere most days but I do wear jewelry at home. Your upcoming projects sound great.

It is snowing and feels like -18. Joy! I walked a card over to the mailbox this morning and although I bundled up my face got cold. I'd give up jewelry before I'd give up my Land's End Squall Parka. Blocking the wind is essential here.

I got up at 6 and peered out the window and since there was a bit of color on the horizon I got up. Mid sunrise photo shoot Marty sent me a text from the gym to get up to see a nice sunrise and I replied I am already taking pictures. Ha! Both of us made the fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken for lunch. It was delicious. I was going to make us toasted garlic bread too but forgot to pick up fresh garlic and decided I shouldn't be eating crunchy bread anyway to I sliced the french bread and put garlic powder in melted butter and just brushed it on the bread and warmed up the loaf in the oven. My temp crown is still in tact - I think.
I watched some more episodes of 24, got to level 299 in Angry Birds (Marty is on 522), did 3 batches of laundry and lifted.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @marcy thank you Marcy, she is getting big (Auti) she will be 3 4/12 hard to believe she's going to be 3, but she is such a joy to be around! Sorry about your weather coming up, we are going to have some cold, rainy days coming up too. Tomorrow I will make funfetti cookies with Auti! we had tuna sandwich's for dinner. :) xoxo oh I LOVE garlic bread, anytime any place.. I love fettucine alfredo with chicken, shrimp or just plain old fettucine alfredo.. yum!

Hi @Austina, thank you so much for your kind words about Kath, I think she is afraid of the surgery, the whole thing, taking rejection meds etc, but she's only 57. She is depressed. SHEETROCK! good sign. Dogpark sounds wonderful, isn't it nice to spend time with your son? I always wish to be alone with Mike or Chris when I see them, sometimes difficult, I love my DIL but it's nice to be alone with my son's. xoxo

Hi @missy! how are you? I'm good. THANK YOU for asking about Katie! she is doing well, taking jewelry making classes in Brooklyn, working on the websites she is employed by, hopefully we'll get together this summer. Thank you so much thinking Auti looks at all like me, I think she is a clone of her mom, just so sweet like my DIL. Tomorrow I will have her all day and the cleaning people are coming too. (they don't do a very good job but it is covid). Wed we are supposed to have colder temps and some rain so I'm enjoying my 80 degree day today and tomorrow. This year it was so hard to give up the holiday season, Cara said the same.. maybe the perhaps joy of covid slowing down? I dunno but I understand waiting to take down the spirit. I love the kitty pix, so beautiful.. Beautiful shot of you walking acrosss the bridge. I love Tommy's eyes.. so mysterious and beautiful.

@mrs-b safe trip! and may your back hold on till vacation is over. Thank you for caring about Kath and me, we are lucky to have caring friends.. xoxo

@Calliecake a grandnephew and a new grandniece coming, wonderful! thank you so much for your kind words about Kath.. Yes Callie this pandemic has been hard on everyone, I sort of zened out so many changes at once, selling the house (sells after 1 day on market) moving, coming back here, COVID, Kath almost dying at least 5x, missing Chris so much, house stuff that went south, just soo, too many things, I could not get my mind to be at peace. :) I'm feeling better, or rather more me again. I missed you.. xoxoxo

hi @bling_dream19 I have to say lately I've been looking at yellow gold! never used to like it but if I decide to keep Ever I'm definitely resetting the stone in yellow gold, I love 18K but it's softer than 14K, the color is so dreamy.. reset away! xoxoxxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake my sister sent me multiple pictures. The quilt is the one my mom made, my sister made the dinosaur blanket and the other picture is of the other goodies they are taking to the shower. Would you guess the nursery has a dinosaur theme?
blanket.jpg

@Tekate have a great time with Auti tomorrow making cookies! That sounds like a blast. I'm with you on garlic bread and fettuccine alfredo - we don't eat pasta often but when we do that is usually what I want. We usually slice french bread and melt butter then mix in small pieces of garlic and bake them in the oven. Sometimes we'll put a bit of mozzarella on them the last minute or two - they are crunchy and delicious. With my aluminum temp crown tho I decided not to risk biting down on something that crunchy. How fun for Katie to be taking jewelry making classes. Hoping you find peace each and every day.

Marcy

Attachments

• Gifts.jpg
    Gifts.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Quilt.jpg
    Quilt.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 21

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, Thank you for posting the pictures. The quilt and the blanket are both beautiful! Your niece is going to love them both. These are the kinds of gifts you treasure forever. Do you remember when your mom made this quilt?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake my mom sewed all the time but didn’t start making baby quilts until her last few years. A friend of hers had a granddaughter who was expecting twins and she started them the spring before she died. I rarely had any store bought clothes until I graduated college and started buying my own clothes. My sisters also are excellent seamstresses. I never liked sewing but I can sew, I liked knitting better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's terrific Tuesday!

@marcy today is my "lifting" day. Looking forward to being done lol. Glad you enjoyed your fettuccine alfredo. And yes to doing laundry and angry birds. Way too cold by you and oh no to snow. Our temps are getting colder now. They were mild yesterday at 53F. It was heaven while it lasted. Our tree will remain up til we are ready and I am not ready. It is cheery to see it every night lit up so for now it stays. I was never one to follow the conventional rules anyway. :) I love the quilts! You and your family are talented. And as for Colorado yes it is closer to you another reason to move there. I wish I didn't hate flying. It is daunting to me right now. But I have so many other things on my plate I have to just take it all one day at a time.

@mrs-b safe travels! You remain in my thoughts. Biggest hugs and much love. So happy you and Tim were able to enjoy a gorgeous walk together!

@Tekate aww well I love your whole family truth! How wonderful you have Auti for the entire day. I know you will enjoy every minute. Please tell your niece Katie we send our love and say hi.

@Austina finally things are falling into place. Before you know it you will be missing living with Adam and Kim. Mark my words. In the meantime enjoy every second of being with your dear son and DIL. Time is truly fleeting.

@bling_dream19 ooh lots of fun projects. 3 stone AVC. Swoon! pink sapphire yellow diamond heart ring. Swoon! I have no suggestions but I know the finished products will be gorgeous. Cannot wait.

@Slick1 good morning! Hope your week is going well.

@canuk-gal sending you lots of well wishes across the miles. To you and your mom.

@springerspaniel sending you big hugs and lots of good wishes.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everything is going smoothly and all is well.
We enjoyed a lovely hike yesterday and the rest of the week is not good weather wise so glad we were able to get outside yesterday for a beautiful day. And last night I had my zoom call with the girls and it was cathartic in a way. Really enjoyable zooming with them. And I never in a million years thought I would like doing a zoom call.

Our sandy hiking trail from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 6.51.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 6.51.29 AM.png

Have a terrific Tuesday lovely ladies. Sending my sweet friends here lots of love and well wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone is having an enjoyable day. @mrs-b hope you are in sunny California right now safe and sound. We just got back from the beach and I took a video for all of you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone is having an enjoyable day. @mrs-b hope you are in sunny California right now safe and sound. We just got back from the beach and I took a video for all of you.

Siiiiiigh - that SOUND, @missy! I just can't put into words how much I love the beach - in all its iterations.

I'm *finally* in LA. It took 7.5 hours - for a flight scheduled to take 6.5 hours - and which has, recently, with the lower numbers of aircraft in the air, taken 5.5 hours. Wendy caught this exact same flight a week and a half ago and it took her 5.5 hours. But today we were flying *straight* into a head wind and the jet stream - and it was incredibly bumpy and painstakingly slow. Everyone was eating and drinking to pass the time, and the flight attendant was plying us all with food and alcohol. It was quite the party!

*Very* glad to be here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy LOL to looking forward to being done with lifting. I look forward to being done with presses - I HATE those. I do like deadlifts though. Who would think I would say things like that? I’m over 300 now in Angry Birds - woo hoo! You should leave your tree up as long as you like. I have a jar and a crystal dish with battery lights in them that I turn on frequently. They make me smile. And why should we be conventional? I am all for being yourself and unique. Shocking, I know! I hate flying too. I am sorry you have so much on your plate right now. Big hugs to you. That is wonderful you enjoy your zoom calls so much. And thank you for the fabulous video of the ocean.

@mrs-b sorry your flight was so bumpy. Welcome back to LA!!!

I was bored and restless today - it’s too cold for me to willingly venture out with a wind chill around -30 out there. I watched more episodes of 24, got a few more levels done on Angry Birds and knit.

I heard from a friend at work today and one of our providers tonight. It’s nice they keep in touch with me.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Wonderful Wednesday!

@marcy I am always nervous about my deadlift form. I keep repeating to myself as I am doing them...hip hinge..keep back straight. No flexion. Etc. It's always challenging for me and so critical I keep the hip hinge in perfect form I cannot relax while lifting. But if I could I could see where it would be enjoyable. I do enjoy being done haha. Woohoo to being over 300 in Angry Birds. That is sweet. Practice and persistence pays off. :) Thank you for the big hugs and same to you. We are not conventional in any way lol but it isn't on purpose for me. Sometimes I wish I was more "conventional" but that passes lol. But I sure do wish I was "normal" health wise. Speaking of which how are you feeling and how is the anemia? Any updates? Hope you are feeling well. Wow to your temps. Today it was 61F when I woke up but tonight the temps are dropping and winter is back. But wow in the meantime it is almost like summer here. Our weather is as crazy (almost) as yours. 60 one minute and 20 the next. XOXO

@mrs-b whew glad you are there safe and sound. I do not enjoy flying and just glad you are in California and done with the marathon flight. Enjoy your time there with all your loved ones and may it be a healing visit and one that prepares you for a very successful surgery. ((((Hugs)))).

@Slick1 happy hump day. Midweek halfway to the weekend. Hope your week is going smoothly and you are enjoying it. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 good morning and have a wonderful day. Hugs.

@canuk-gal thinking of you and missing you...hoping all is OK. XOXO.

@MamaBee GOOD LUCK today. Greg just left for his test. Also testing bone markers today so he is fasting. Thinking good thoughts for you both. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a good week and sending you lots of hugs.

@Austina hope you are having a good week. XOXO.

@Tekate Great Kate, big hugs to you and Auti and John and everyone. Hope the week is going smoothly and your friend is doing as well as possible. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the week is going well. We actually had a break in the weather and did go on a hike in between the raindrops. Not as far as I would have liked to go but better than no hike. Today looks like we have a window too but then well, the freezing temps come with snow maybe. Sigh. It is winter after all so not complaining. I take the good with the bad. Just like life that way. We control what we can and control how we react when things don't go as we hope they do...sending you all big hugs.

Leaving you with a photo from our hike yesterday. LOL it was the same spot I took the photo from the other day. I guess I like the sun peeking through in that spot. We hiked the same path two days in a row which we usually don't do but I wanted to be by the sea.

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 6.33.12 AM.png

This was right before the raindrops started.

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 6.35.08 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. ((((HUGS)))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you arrived safely @mrs-b, even though it wasn’t a great flight. I hope your back holds up until the surgery, and you enjoy spending time in Ca. with your loved ones and friends.

Yes it was great @Tekate, and Bertie was so sweet resting his chin on Adam’s shoulder in the back of the car :mrgreen: Kim was visiting her sister and twins, so it was unusual that it was just the 3 of us. Hope you had a great time yesterday with Auti.

It sounds way too cold to be getting up at 6am @marcy, more like snuggling under the covers kind of weather! Yum to chicken alfredo, one of my favourites. One of these days, (when we’re finally settled!!) we’re going to all have to get together. The quilts are just lovely, real heirloom pieces.

I’m so glad you’re enjoying your zoom chats with your new friends @missy, Adam always refers to you as my ‘virtual’ friends :lol: Fabulous photos of the scenery, it’s lovely to get outdoors and experience it.

Thanks @Calliecake, we’re finally feeling hopeful the house will eventually get finished!

Hope all is well with you @junebug17, how’s your brother doing now?

How exciting @bling_dream19, your ring sounds so different and special, I bet you can’t wait to get it on your finger.

What a difference a day makes, 82 degs F yesterday and 32 degs F today :shock: Talk about the sublime and the ridiculous! We went up to the house yesterday, and there was lots of activity. The Sheetrock was going up and there was a big delivery of the cement for the stucco.

We had to go to the attorney, we’ve been meaning to get our wills updated since we got here, and Bob had recommended a friend of his to us. It’s all sorted now, so we had to go and sign them today. Another thing ticked off the to do list.

Keep safe and warm lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! Gosh what a week.

The weather has become winter..after such warm temps and no snow it is madness here. Super cold and a ton of snow.

I drove to see my Mom in deplorable conditions....I almost turned around and came home. At the outset on Friday AM, I woke up early knowing the conditions were poor said to myself I wouldn't drive, but I did. What a mistake. 5 hours (usually 2.5 hours) in dark icy conditions. I drove like a slow poke. I was so nervous; in short it was awful. The drive back home yesterday was only marginally better. Only took 4 hours tho :roll: : I usually don't have anxiety but mine was through the roof.

The consolation was , I had a great time visiting my Mom. She was only very sleepy the last day, so mostly our time together was productive. But her house was lonely there without her. My sister brought me some nice supper one night and we had a good visit.

I am still feeling kinda pooped from the emotional visit and stressful drive, but I will go to work tomorrow. It is just one day.

Take care folks and stay safe.

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, It was so nice to read you had a good time visiting your mom. I’m glad she was awake for most of your time with her. I hope you are doing well. It had to be an emotional visit.

@Tekate, How was your day with @Autie? I can’t wait to hear all about it. Enjoy every minute. These little ones seems to grow up even faster than their parents did. I’m so glad you are feeling better @Tekate. Please don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s easy to understand the way you were feeling. You had an awful lot on your plate. Life can be hard and overwhelming at times. Please take good care of yourself. You mean a lot to many people.

Thank you for your kind words @bling_dream19. I feel the same way about you. I hope everything is going well with you and your family.

@Austina, Great news that the Sheetrock is going up. One step closer to the house being complete!

@junebug17, Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

@marcy, You are retired, you can sleep in now and you don’t have to leave the house on -30 degree days. This is one of the best things about being retired. Are you getting a lot of snow too?

I had fun looking at diamonds all day. A friends son is proposing soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's thoroughly terrific Thursday!

@canuk-gal wow what an ordeal and I am sorry you went through that. Driving in terrible weather conditions is terrifying. But so glad you had a wonderful visit with your mom. Our weather was warm and is now freezing. Par for the course in winter for us too it seems. Big hugs to you. Stay warm and cozy and safe.

@Austina haha virtual friends. Remind Adam we met in person though we did not wait to see Adam and Kim unfortunately that day as I remember they were running late. But you and I and Greg and Colin are not virtual haha. Glad all is going well and hope the rest of this process goes smoothly. Hugs.

@marcy hope you didn't get too much snow. It is our turn now. Again. LOL. I think we are expecting some overnight into tomorrow. Oh well. Stay warm and safe and get those angry birds. Well, not really, I wouldn't want any birds harmed but you kwim. XO

@Tekate Great Kate sweet friend...big hugs and lots of love.

@bling_dream19 good morning and have a wonderful day. XOXO

@Slick1 hope the kids are doing well and everyone is happy and things are going smoothly. What a ride. (((Hugs))).

@mrs-b thinking good thoughts for you and sending lots of love your way.

@springerspaniel have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend. Hugs to you, Freddie and Clyde.

Hi to everyone else. Well we got another hike in yesterday but not for today or tomorrow since inclement weather is heading our way. I have an appointment today and then maybe running some errands we shall see. But all in all a decent week so far and more hiking than expected so yay for that.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 5.30.19 AM.png

It was so warm yesterday...in the 70s. And when the sun came out it felt hot. But it was a good hike. Cannot believe it's February. No wait, today I believe it lol. Have a wonderful day girls. XOXO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy yes form is important in lifting - I don’t let Marty watch me but I occasionally slow down and remember to check my steps. Yes I wish you had no health problems but I’m not sure any of us have “normal” health. Some are maybe luckier than others? I’m hanging in there - nothing new. Thanks for asking. Glad you had nice weather but it looks like snow is coming your way again. I get wanting to be by the sea on your hikes. Great pictures. I am sure you saw my Powerball joke on FB - that is so true. We are on the plus side of 0 today but not by much. It still feels well below 0 though. And yes stupid Angry Birds - or is it that I’m not bright wasting so much time on them?

@Austina I agree staying in bed where you are cozy warm is a great idea on a frigid day. I am getting chills right now and should go back to bed! Getting together would be awesome. We’d need to get a picture of all of our rings on one hand; they’d that sparkle from the space station! Nice to see activity going on at your house. Progress. That’s a comfort to get your will updated; after settling my parents estate I tell anyone who asks a good attorney is worth their weight in gold. The guy my parents picked was awesome and sure made my life easier.

@canuk-gal sorry you are so snowy and cold; I think that same system has pushed all the way south and is staying put most of the week. I am so glad you had a great visit with your mom. That’s nice your sister brought you supper and you had a lovely visit with her. I hate to hear how awful your drive was to get there and back though; that kind of drive definitely wears you out. When I was in college my drive to school was normally 45 minutes and I drove back in a blizzard once and it took me 4 hours to reach the summit where I stopped to use the bathroom. Bad mistake. My car froze up while inside the rest stop and I had to call someone to drive the last 10 miles or so to come get me. The only person I was able to reach was my sisters hot headed boyfriend who was a jerk in good times. Let’s say he drove angry. My feet got frostbite waiting for him. I never ventured out that way in a blizzard again.

@Calliecake how fun to be looking at diamonds for a friend’s son. I agree staying home in bad weather is a bonus when you are retired. I did venture out this morning for an appointment though. We’ve had maybe 5 to 6 inches of snow with this storm. Did you get a lot of snow with the last storm?

I just got back from my periodontal torture session - part 1. It wasn’t too bad. The numbness is wearing off now. Part 2 is in 2 weeks then I have a follow up check up and follow up cleaning then maybe they will do the tooth lengthening and I can get my permanent crown. Darn that hard carrot that broke this tooth last August!!

I tried to get through season 7 of 24 yesterday but didn’t quite make it. I want to watch that movie the Ricardos next so I won’t start season 8 of 24 just yet.
Mother Nature is still giving us the cold shoulder but at least it quit snowing and the sun is out today. Marty has to go to Denver for work tomorrow; if it was nicer I’d go with him and go shopping but phooey to going shopping in frigid weather.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh @canuk-gal, I’m so sorry you had such an awful journey to visit your Mum, the roads sound horrendous. I’m glad once you were there you enjoyed seeing your Mum and sister. I’m not surprised you’re feeling frazzled.

What fun @Calliecake, spending the day ogling diamonds. Have you been asked to help finding ’the one’?

We’ve never seen a single episode of 24 @marcy, I don’t know why, because we’ve heard it’s good. We did watch all 7 seasons of The West Wing recently and really enjoyed it, and now we’re watching The Mentalist. We did get these shows in the UK, so I don’t know why we never got around to watching them. I found Nicole Kidman to be unrecognisable in The Ricardos, but she played the part well, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :mrgreen: To our collective jewellery being visible from space.

:lol: @missy, I do remind Adam that I have met some of you, so you’re my ‘internet’ friends rather than virtual, and hopefully, one day, we’ll meet up again. I think when we were trying to work out the logistics of getting Dottie here, we looked in to sailing in to NY and it was a 3 day drive (assuming we drove for 8 hours a day) to get to Tx. We had the opposite weather yesterday, it was down to freezing and just below, and another cold one today. Temps are predicted to rise next week though.

We went out to lunch today (just the 2 of us) to a new Indian restaurant opened up close by. We’ve been trying to get take away from them for a few weeks, but they’ve been so busy, they weren’t doing it. Anyway, it was worth the wait because the food was delicious. One of the guys there asked us how hot we wanted the food, because he said it was only ‘American’ hot, and not what we’d consider hot :lol:

Colin has been engaged in a long running battle with BA about cancelled flights, and the money they owe us. We’d used Avios to book the flights, and when he cancelled them, they immediately returned the Avios points, but not the taxes, which is not a meagre amount. They claim the flight was never cancelled. He disputed this with the CC company, who for some bizarre reason sided with BA, and closed the case. Colin re-opened it, citing that if we hadn’t cancelled, why did they immediately return the Avios points? Anyway, we’ve received a small refund, nowhere near the full amount, and it relates to the cancelled flights, so now he’s getting back to the CC company to point out that part of the money has been refunded, so how can BA still maintain the flight was never cancelled. BA don’t send an email confirming the cancellation, so there’s no paper trail, other than what’s in your Executive Club account, and guess what? When he opened the dispute, the information in his account mysteriously disappeared. Anyway, he’s not letting this go, so back to more hassle. Oy, why is nothing ever simple?

Cold and miserable day here, and looks like the same again tomorrow.

Stay safe and warm lovely NIRDIs. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy FriYAY! It is cold and rainy and windy but just happy it's not snow or ice.

@marcy hope your periodontal ordeal is finished soon and that the rest of it goes smoothly. Glad it quit snowing.No you are enjoying the game and that is what matters. Continue enjoying it and do not worry about wasting time...no time enjoyed is wasted IMO. I would go to Denver anyway while Marty is there working. Why not? I mean I bet you would have fun. Even if it is cold. It's cold by you so might as well enjoy the change in scenery. JMO. Whatever you decide to do today have a wonderful day. XOXO.

@MamaBee woohoo! I am so happy for you and see? It was a good thing you didn't rush into getting another. Very relieved and happy for you. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY sweet friend.

@Austina good morning. Glad you enjoyed lunch out yesterday and wow sorry about the BA ordeal. Hope Colin can get it completely straightened out soon. We have our own ordeal happening with, wait for it, you guessed it, the health insurance company. I will explain below. Enjoy a wonderful weekend.

@Slick1 any weekend plans? Woohoo it's almost the weekend. Hugs.

@springerspaniel have a wonderful weekend and enjoy. XOXO

@canuk-gal hope you have a lovely weekend and all continues to be well.

Hi everyone else.
So we had a very busy day yesterday.
OMG. And I received my rejection from the insurance company re the specialty med. BIG surprise. I will refrain using the language I want to use to describe them lest I shock anyone. All I can say is I will take this as far as I can go.

I knew it was a mistake to trust my endocrinologist to get this med approved. Instead I should have used the specialist I had a telemedicine consult with Feb 14th. He said it would be better to use my endocrinologist since he is licensed in this state. But my endocrinologist isnt savvy enough to get this med approved.

Anyway Dr M's wife (Dr M is my Telemed specialist), called me last night since I emailed her with the rejection letter. Long story short she is super nice and is going to try getting it approved in Colorado where they are located. IDK what mess this is going to create as Dr J is already trying to appeal the denial and Greg feels that this is going to create havoc. BUT I wasn't going to turn down her generous kind offer. So we shall see. She is really amazing. She told me she isn't a nice person so the insurance company better watch out. LOL. I think she is super nice but I hope she can help me get the med approved. Whatever method she takes.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but OMG after the day I had that was just icing (not) on the proverbial cake. Because I found out earlier in the day that Lab Corp analyzed my 24 hour urine test wrong and I have to redo. Cannot make this stuff up. And I spent hours at Quest trying to collect the speciality containers for another 24 hour test I have to do. So the day was filled with Lab Corp, Quest and health insurance woes. Thanks for reading.

Greg said he will take this over and take care of it for me. If only it was so easy but I am accepting his generous offer so I don't lose my mind.

Today is a very rainy very cold day so we shall probably spend it mainly indoors playing cards or something similar. Though Greg has to make a trip to Lab Corp to pick up two 24 hour containers for my redo. Saint Greg. :halo:

Hope everyone has a fantastic FriYAY with all YAY.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.31.56 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out and happy FriYAY! I love that word!

LOL it was my DH birthday yesterday and I worked so he bought his own cake. First time for everything! They were delish--and he ate most of it.

He needed jeans so we went out today and snagged two pair--and had lunch out. Turned out to be a gorgeous day. Hope the bright sun melts all the silly snow.

@missy sorry for your insurance troubles. Very frustrating.
@Austina hope your house is fast tracked!
@marcy I forgot to buy Lotto. Can't win our Tiffany fund if I don't buy a ticket!!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay

Why am I not surprised @missy, nothing is ever straightforward, and I’ll say it again, the insurance companies are quick enough to take your money, but when you need something, forget it! I really hope Greg can get it sorted out for you, and I know it won’t be for lack of trying.

Woohoo to lunch out and good weather @canuk-gal, here’s hoping for more of the same.

We went up to the house, lots of activity, the drywalling is nearly all done, and it’s beginning to look much more like a house. Scaffold was up ready for the stucco, and the stones have been delivered. Not what we actually specified, but at this point in time, we’ll take it so there’re no more delays :lol: The weather is set to warm up, so hopefully they’ll be able to get on with the exterior next week.

Sending love and hugs to you all, have a great weekend. :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! We just got in to our house in Maryland. It was a busy few days. I hope you all have a great Friyay! I love that word too! :lol: I’ll catch up tomorrow morning..Big hugs!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hi Marcy,, Auti and I had the best time on Tuesday.. short though, this week I will have her all day Thursday on Tuesday's she takes gymnastics again with my DIL.. the kid is wonderful and I love her Mom too! Marcy, as I said I love fettucine alfredo, with good parmigana! I would eat it weekly but like you, we try to limit our pasta to maybe once ever 10 days or a bit less, I could eat it every day.. love my pasta. Wowza a wind chill of -30F ??? I've never felt that cold, I think WC of -5 was the coldest I have ever been.. chilly willy.. Marcy, thank you, how very kind of you to wish me peace.. you moved my old fart heart. thank you so much. ❤

@missy I am going to reduce my intake of food and increase my exercising, I want to lose weight for my high school reunion this coming fall in CT. But I need some type of revision on my left hip, I have a referral to a surgeon who only does 'fixes' on hip replacements so we shall see what he says. ❤ miss you Missy girl. Today I had a 3 hour zoom call with my high school best girlfriends, I'm in Texas, one is in California, 1 is in Maine and 1 is in CT, me in TX, we talked for 3 hours, it was so much fun, one of my friends just became a grandmother to a baby girl 12/2, another will be a grandmother to a girl in May, I'm a veteran grandmother of a girl in April Auti will be 3 and our leader has grandkids from 16 to 5! (4 grands), it was a super wonderful call, made my heart sing. OMG the video of the ocean almost made me tear up, so beautiful Missy, so exotic, so beautiful... thank you so much xo. Per the medicine fiasco, do remember I am here for assistance Missy, anytime. xoxoxo

@mrs-b ooh I hate bumpy flights altho intellectually I know it's no big deal, emotionally I freak the eff out! and keep it to myself of course, we are to go to Seattle the end of April for a nephew wedding extravaganza of which I will miss since I've chosen myself to watch my granddaughter (no children at this wedding gala event).. I'd rather be with Auti and her mom and Dad deserves a night out. How's your back?

@springerspaniel how are things? test?

@Austina nothing like mom and son :) Please tell Adam that once things slow down and we are home for the duration that I will meet him.. hopefully we can all get together here! and his gorgeous home.. covid is still a scare and also it's freaking cold here :) hugs to you and Colin btw. We are fighting about business class tickets we bought to go to France 2 years ago for our nephews wedding, we rebooked for this year and he cancelled the wedding again, so we have a refund coming from Delta Airlines, truthfully it is all so stressful and sucks. How's the house going? this stupid house of mine is still not finished per se, the danged builder just blows us off, so damn frustratig.. xoxox

@missy ooh I love your pix Missy, they are always so soothing.

nothing new here, cold as Austina has said, rain tomorrow but our weather should improve this week.

My love to you all, NIRDI's are the BEST!.

kate

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies. :)

Cool here in Southern Cali, and I RESENT it! I didn't come here for this! meant to be warmer tomorrow tho (72) so that's a good thing.

@marcy - I'm so sorry about your tooth drama. I hope this is all over soon and your toothy-pegs are 100%! Did you end up going to Denver?

@Austina - THANK GOODNESS for house progress! Do you have any timeline clues as to when you might be in? Or is that the funniest thing anyone has said in ages? Hoping you get in super fast!

@missy - dear girl - you've got to be kidding about all this health stuff! When I got to the part where they'd screwed up your urine collection tests - well - gees Louise!! But Greg is indeed a saint and at least you have the beach! Did you get much snow yesterday? MA, which had juuuust cleared, was buried again in 10". Tim is over it and the dogs are disgusted.

@canuk-gal - as a nervous driver, I would have HATED your trip! Well done you for making the effort and I'm glad you had a nice visit. But SO glad you got out and back safely!

Speaking of driving, @MamaBee - how did S go on the drive to MD? How long are you out there for this time? And how is your mom? On a different note - I've scrapped my 3 stone plans - Amy said she thought I wouldn't wear it and I'm pretty sure she's right. Instead, I'm redoing my cluster earrings - 5.1ctw - so, substantial and no fear of these being too small! When these are done, I'll be working on my new gold locket with the Southern Cross constellation in diamonds on the front. This is one of those things that will be way more expensive than it looks - by virtue of all the 18kt gold it will hold. Just the locket (minus the bail) is going to be somewhere between 1.25" x 7/8" and 1.5" x 1" and I'm guessing that the chain alone will cost me in the vicinity of $3k. So this will actually be a fairly major undertaking, and might end up getting pushed back till next year, depending on the final estimates. I also plan to do a silver locket with green enamel and a .95ct AVR in the front, so I might segue straight to that one after the earrings. We'll see.

@Tekate - hallo wonderful woman! I hope the cold weather passes soon and that the sun is out again shortly. Tho I have to think the rain is very welcome, so perhaps it's a good thing. Can we get an update on your pool? Is it done and have you swum in it? I envy you your gorgeous pool! I'd like to get one, but in MA, it's just not worth the money and maintenance. Have a wonderful time with dear Auti!

@springerspaniel - how are you doing? Hugs to you, my friend! How is the new job? All consuming? I'm thinking of you!

@Slick1 - hugs to you, too! Hoping things are going well and you're keeping your head above water!

@bling_dream19 - much love to you and I hope all is going well!

@Calliecake - I've seen your posts for years, but know little about you. Would you be so kind as to tell me a little about yourself? I'd love to hear!

Heading off to bed now...after I do Wordle. :mrgreen:

Love to you all and...

NIRDI SHOUTOUT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results