shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw Missy thank you, you do put things in perspective. Thank you sweetie. You are special Missy, just special. xo

@missy thank you so much.

Do31q5dV4AAEEQe.jpg:large

Dear Kate the Great and wise remember things are just things. You have your loved ones all around you who cherish and adore you and that is what matters. Please don't feel sad about missing those bands. One they will probably show up and two they are not what are important. What's important you are rich in and your riches know no bounds. (((Hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean @Tekate I can report that summer is still fun & cool at night - which means no AC required; I did require a sweater last night for a little celebration of San Juan higher up in the mountains nearby with a couple of friends. It will get hotter, but not nearly as bad as just about anywhere in the south of Spain; all that depends on nature is perfectly tuned like this ,( - I'd be such a fool to leave! Ugh... (OK, maybe not - there is still hope & I cannot bring myself to look forward to any other place - at all)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, good point Marty didn’t through the house or my Macan in to the pot! I bet I’ll have to pay back the rabbit just to project my bears. I am so sorry to hear about Shirley, it sounds like her son and DIL may have to get her committed for her own safety. What a tough decision for them.

Missy, that’s great you are having nice weather. We finally got near 70 today. Some of the mountain passes aren’t open yet or were closed again from all the recent snow. Crazy!!! Marty and his friends were all having a great time playing poker; there was a lot of laughing and guys giving each some some grief. Funny you mention Neg Nel; another lady who works on our floor told me she avoids talking to her because she is so tired of listening to her complain about everything. I was on the floor since her comments were totally unsolicited. This afternoon I was getting trained on my new job and Neg Nel was running her mouth the entire time so finally went in there and told her to run my afternoon reports. The lady training me and I decided her 23 & Me results had to come back 110% victim. Everything is a travesty. I am so bad one of her co-workers said NN is working on her resume; I asked her if she’d offered to help on it. Bad Marcy! Your ice cream looks delicious! Sadly as you already know the grieving process is rough and always on going; and we just face things one at a time. Kate said it perfectly - I was thinking the same thing Greg loves you and projects that loves towards your precious kitties as well. Good luck with your appointment this week.

AV, I hope your week is going okay. The weather there sounds similar to ours; it cools off at night most of the time here.

Kate, that is spot on about being a walking wounded. I will never, ever be the same again. What a sad story about your in-laws; I feel bad for what your BIL went through. I am glad for you John is good at saving. We are both spenders but I am better at saving than Marty; if we buy something I work diligently at paying us back before I buy something else. It’ll be fine; I’ll be out there trying to get him clients so that money gets put back. Good luck finding good skies near Austin. Our astronomy club used to host a summer star party in the mountains at 9100 and the skies are so good there the limiting magnitude is over 7th mag. My niece and her husband bought a place outside of Houston and she said the skies aren’t even very good there - of course she was raised on a farm in Wyoming where you can see stars down to the horizon so she has high expectations. Adorable picture of Autie. I sorry you lost those bands, that kind of thing happens to all of us so don’t beat yourself up.

Mamabean, I totally enjoyed your story about Bailey. He is much loved. Good question about the contract and not paying rent for a few months. He is an older gentleman and I swear he reminds me of my dad. He sounds like your word is all he needs. Marty has a key already yet hasn’t given him a deposit. That’s cool you used to make cheesecake. I used a water bath in my electric oven but I don’t seem to need it in the gas oven. It bakes better in the gas oven as well. I leave it in the oven overnight too (or most of the day if I bake it early). Your old neighbor sounds very nice and fun to hang out with. Too funny Bailey will jump in the car for you and not your husband. Glad you got your AC fixed. Your band is GORGEOUS!!! I love channel set bands.

I enjoyed learning some of my new task today; I enjoyed that. It was pretty nice here except for the wind. Of course that’s normal around here.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, here is Marty's 2 scopes. He made the binoculars out of two 10" telescopes. The telescope is a kit from Astro Systems and it has a 20" mirror. I have a 6" telescope for me and a little Astroscan. Now that we don't have an RV we don't go out scoping much.
martyscope.jpg
upload_2019-6-24_20-0-32.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@AV_ thank you so much my sweet friend. There is no miracle remedy. Just time which while not healing all wounds dulls the pain somewhat. I like the explanation @Tekate shared. Indeed the walking wounded. There are days I don't even feel like going on but I push that from my mind. Death is a part of life and pain is a part of life and suffering is a part of life. I do understand how some people are too sensitive for this world but I am not one of those people. Or at least I am convincing myself I am not one of those people because despite the suffering life is worth sharing with loved ones and we must go on for them if not ourselves. I hope work and social life is going well for you and that you are enjoying lovely weather. It sounds just beautiful where you are.

@Tekate Autie is precious precious precious.:kiss2: Thank you for sharing her photos with us. I totally understand about your two nieces Kate and Tara and how much you love both of them. We have the capacity to love an infinite number of beings animals and humans both. Generally I prefer the animals with the exception of the NIRDI company and a few others. LOL. There's a T Shirt I saw that said "I am allergic to humans" Add the word "many" and that would be Truth. Yes Greg really loves the kitties. He didn't realize how much of a cat person he was til he fell in love with me and he also fell in love with the cats. When I was single I had 1-3 cats and when Greg and I married we soon got 4 cats so who is the crazy cat lover? :lol:

And (((Hugs))) I hope you find those beautiful bands very soon. Sweet Great Kate.

@Mamabean sending you lots of postal dust for today that your bling package arrives. I think the band that arrived yesterday is quite gorgeous. You are doing very well in the bling department my dear. :appl:

@marcy wow that NN really takes the negative cake doesn't she? I sure hope she gets another job ASAP so she doesn't darken your doorstep anymore. LOL 110% victim. :lol:
Yes Greg is an animal lover through and through but since he never had animals while growing up he just didn't realize it. That and his allergies prevented him from realizing the full extent of his love. Look at him now.
Great photo of Marty. Impressive Scopes.:love:
Glad your weather reached 70. It's about time.
And pleased for you that you enjoyed learning your new task at work. Keeps things lively and keeps you engaged. Always a good thing.

@Slick1 last day today I believe. Enjoy this last day and then your summer begins in full. Sending you hugs and lots of continued healing vibes.

We had a good ride yesterday but today is rainy and stormy so it will hopefully be an uneventful quiet day though Francesca's ashes are back and we might pick them up later. Depends on how we are feeling and as you can imagine getting that call brought lots of sadness flooding back. I forgot to tell you that I got the nicest card and letter from a person (Michael) I had spoken to before she died. He works for "Lap of Love" an organization that sends a veterinarian to your home to euthanize. Well I had called them before to discuss what was going on and Michael and I spoke for over 30 minutes. He was very empathetic. Anyway he heard about her passing and he mailed me a sympathy card with such kind lovely comments about Francesca. I was touched as we had only spoken that one day. Makes me happy there are people out there who love animals as much as we do.

Have a good day girls. (((Hugs))).

Leaving you with a photo of our ferals from last night around 8:30 PM on our front porch.

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 6.22.54 AM.png

and of course the ice cream pic of the day from yesterday

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 6.24.12 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
AV, I hope your week is going okay. The weather there sounds similar to ours; it cools off at night most of the time here.
My niece and her husband bought a place outside of Houston and she said the skies aren’t even very good there - of course she was raised on a farm in Wyoming where you can see stars down to the horizon so she has high expectations.

Hell NO! ; your stories of winter there got me survivor's guilt: there is no punishment in winter for the cool summers here. / Congratulations for the grand binoculars! & Yes, perhaps I have high expectations for starry skies too... it is something I had simply given up on living nowhere near wilderness, until your book reminded me of this pleasure; on Sunday night I finally got to indulge: with two rows of mountain peaks between us & city, the sky looked right behind some slight trace of clouds, for once!
I am somewhat getting used with the idea of handling my work as a 'company', a curse I've been struggling to avoid for no good reason.

-

@missy Oh, life goes on, one way or another; mine is turning feral with surprises & I am not the one to wish for any at all. Icecream dinners cap these madhat days nicely, & are getting to be a habit.

on with the day

Ought not go without saying - All the best to anyone bored enough (or else) to be reading these things !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ice cream dinners @AV_ seem the perfect antidote to a sometimes harsh reality. Wishing Ice cream dinners for everyone once in a while or at times when necessary more frequently than that.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ice cream dinners @AV_ seem the perfect antidote to a sometimes harsh reality. Wishing Ice cream dinners for everyone once in a while or at times when necessary more frequently than that.
Or breakfast for dinner is also nice! @av

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Gelatto & expresso is my favorite breakfast; it saved my arse during a year of four hour comutes (each way) for a seriously thrilling job (but still, LOL!)

Admitedly, these habits make more sense when icecream is eggs, cream, nuts, fruit & better & such is getting tricky to locate unless DIY ,( (but, DIY is so fun! ::) )

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Gelatto & expresso is my favorite breakfast; it saved my arse during a year of four hour comutes (each way) for a seriously thrilling job (but still, LOL!)

Admitedly, these habits make more sense when icecream is eggs, cream, nuts, fruit & better & such is getting tricky to locate unless DIY ,( (but, DIY is so fun! ::) )
@AV_ I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gelatto! We went to Italy two years ago..I had Gelato for the first time. I was hooked! We went every evening after dinner to have some! Since I’ve been back to the states I’ve tried Gelato..It just tastes like ice cream...I’m still looking. I want to go on vacation in October. I told my husband I want to go back to Italy to get that Gelato! :lol:
I’m so sensitive to caffeine. If I have a cup..my heart races...I clean my house twice and can chew your ear off until you and I get a headache. I make sure I drink decaffeinated...I can’t even have decaf at night because there’s still a little bit in there to keep me from sleeping.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Whoa! now there's telescopes! John's are teeny weeny! I'll bet your night skies are beautiful. When we lived in upstate NY decades ago, there was no light at night, the sky was majestic and magical... miss that.. Marty looks GREAT! :) You and Marty sound like good savers to me girl! xo. The pain of being the walking wounded is great, we can't show it all the time but boy it shows up at unexpected times, like a smell, John and I walk the dog 2x a day (like all good old people) and I smelled something going by one of the woods we pass by and it brought back a flood of memories of my aunt who died in February, the first time I ever slept outside under the stars at my great aunt's home up in the Catskills when I was like 8, the smell of pine and that went to Mary, ugh I about near fell down crying, one because I miss my aunt and the other because that part of my life is no longer available to anyone alive, my sister is dead and she was there, my shared memories of my life are gone...whenever I see a cocker spaniel I want my dog Daisy.. it all hurts, but I do think I am very lucky to have loved and to have been loved. I am sorry I wax unrelenting.. sorry. As to the skies in Houston, eek I bet between the heat and light pollution she does not see much of the constellations, John said pretty soon the whole world will have some sort of light pollution :( xoxoxo

@AV_ it sounds to me like where you live is perfect AV.. I hope you never have to leave.. your pictures are always beautiful... I read that your life is getting a little crazy! I always have felt, getting a little crazy is good for what one calls 'their soul' for mine anyway!

@missy Oh yes, the walking wounded, you can't see that huge painful hole but it's there, you can se me laugh and chat away but inside there's always the hole, the burn.. I find thru my life it smolders and flares, it changed me, over and over, to me now.. if this all makes sense, hope it does. Because of our NIRDI's and you I have this wonderful loving friendship here and I treasure it. as I treausre you Missy.. xoxoxoxo (ice cream looks soooo good!).. I'm glad you are getting out, we are getting your rain today I think.. the ferals are beautiful, I have read that feral cats are much quieter than human raised cats.. My son's cat is a feral he saved, Luna, Luna is quiet except when Mike and Cara and Poncho go to bed and Luna is out by herself (Mike has this 'thing' about litter, cat paws and his bed, God knows I've tried to talk to him but that man is stubborn). So of course Luna cries, and I love Poncho too but he's spoiled to hell and back. Lovely Luna, I have to get Mike to send me a pix, I've got John 1/2 way convinced I'm taking when we move.. Luna is very sleek, and beautiful. John is terribly allergic to cats (oh well he can take pills I say) :) as always Missy, I hold you in my heart. Hello to that sweet guy Greg and the furkids.. and a hug too.

@Mamabean HOLA girlie! love the ring, I swear Joanne I cannot keep up with all the stuff you have bought, had made, it's all so beautiful!!! glad your AC is back online..

I am looking at diamond wedding bands! ha.. hope I find my lost stone and rings. last year I dropped a lot of stuff at the bank and thought I got everything but maybe I didn't.. who knows. :( Kate wasn't so great in this case But as Missy said, I have my husband, sons, GRANDDAUGHTER, my Salley, my life is RICH. xoxoxo

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean The longest I have travelled for icecream is a day trip to a certain Italian shop in a neighbouring town. The closest source of the real deal from here is still Italy ,(

@Tekate Amin. I'll be left with my soul after this - if anything at all, LOL!

Just closing shop here, close to midnight...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--have 3 scoops!!!!!! Those furry felines forsake feraldom for fun and first-rate fabutans! (courtesy of gracious hosts Missy and Greg) Sorry I got nuthin!:mrgreen2:

Work was busy but it always is. Sincere thank you's go a LONG way.

:wavey:NIRDIs

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, it is a good thing we have the capacity to love so many people and sweet furbabies. It helps us when we have to part with them. It makes us what we are today. How could Greg not love kitties? Old NN played her passive aggressive card today. She missed quite a few things yesterday so I sent her a few emails this morning. She signed off on her tasks today as “XXX the error maker”. I can’t imagine going through life acting like she does; I am sure she has a voodoo of me in her car. Thanks - that was Marty about 13 years ago. He’d probably think he looks fat and has no muscles there. We had some great nights with those scopes over the years. Thinking of you for picking up Francesca’s ashes. That will be tough. How nice of Micheal to send you a card; he sounds very caring.

AV, LOL to survivor’s guilt because you don’t have winters like mine. As Marty always asks me “why to we still live here?” It makes us tough, eh? That is awesome you got to see some dark skies. I wish you could see the skies at 9100 feet in sparsely populated Wyoming. Our annual star party drew over 200 people every year. It was a lot of work for Marty and me but the skies were worth it. Good luck with your work becoming a company; that will be quite a transition for you. Mmm to ice cream dinners and I am never bored ready the NIRDI thread. I am with you and Mamabean, gelato is fabulous.

Mamabean, of course ice cream is good anytime. I had a peach shake with my supper. It was delicious! Oh no you can’t have caffeine. I try to limit it but I have an 8 ounce Coke every day. Plus some chocolate here and there. Marty drinks cappuccinos and espressos plus coffee and he wonders why he can’t sleep.

Kate, thank you. We have logged many hours on Marty’s telescopes. The binoculars are amazing. The Veil Nebula looks 3D in it and you can move it around following the entire nebula. It picks apart globular clusters. The 20” scope has a giant ladder so I’ve only gone up one or two steps but both of his scopes were popular at our star parties. Sadly they aren’t very portable. Our skies are pretty good around here especially where we used to hold the star parties. I am glad you had great skies in northern NY. Yes, John is right about light pollution. Even in our city you can no longer pick out the Milky Way; I used to be able to from my parent’s backyard. You are so right about the things, smells, sounds and places that bring the pain and memories rushing back. I go through frequent spells of anger / depression about it and try not to let anyone know which probably prolongs it. As you say though we are lucky and glad to have loved and been loved; that loves gives us such great joy and horrible sorrow. How fun to be looking for diamond bands. I have 4 and definitely consider getting more but resist. I hope your other bands show up sometime. Go Kate!!!

Sharon, I loved your string of f’s line there. Yes, work is always long. It keeps us busy though.

We’ve got a lot of thunder going on out there but no rain yet. Marty is at the gym. I have a sore tooth / tongue again. Same place as a few months ago so I’m thinking it’s that darn tooth. I ate soft food today and that helped. I cut up a cantaloupe tonight so I will have that for breakfast tomorrow. It’s 8 pm and I’m yawning. Phooey.

Take care.
Marcy

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 6.49.52 PM.png
A new feature in Pages - you can put a photo as the fill in text
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 7.20.20 PM.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm positive Zoe met Francesca at the rainbow bridge and they are now good friends and lying in the sun side by side watching the birds fly by. I love the pic of her under the covers. :love: I know you and Greg miss her terribly and are struggling, and I send all my love and support. Xoxoxo. It was so kind of Michael from Lap of Love to send you such a thoughtful card and I'm glad it brought you a bit of comfort.

@_AV, I think a breakfast of gelatto and expresso are the perfect way to start the day ha! Now I have a craving for both. I hope you had a great time with your friends at the San Juan celebration. The weather where you live sounds absolutely wonderful.

@Tekate, I'm looking forward to seeing the ring Kate is making for you. And I'm so sorry about your lost jewelry. I've lost things too and it does stink. Your trips sound great and it will be fabulous to have so much time with Autie. The pic of her in her crib is beyond precious.:love: You must melt when you see these pics. Ever must be absolutely fabulous in the sun.

@marcy, too bad Marty lost money, the rabbits must have been very mad lol. That telescope is very impressive and you must have seen some amazing things in that beautiful Wyoming sky. My gosh, Neg Nell is managing to get on everyone's nerves, isn't she? So glad you enjoyed learning a new task at work, and I bet it made the time go by faster.

@Scandinavian, thinking of you and your mom and I hope she's doing better.

@Calliecake, so glad you had a good time with dh's relative and yes, looking at eternity bands is never a bad way to spend the afternoon. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and I hope you pass that stone soon. (((Hugs)))

@Austina, I'm so sorry Shirley isn't doing well, what a tough situation for everyone. Good luck with all your trip preparations, there's always some last-minute running around to do.

@Mamabean, I love the story of your dh and Bailey, so sweet and heart-warming. Turns out your dh is just a big ol' softie lol! So touching that he grew to love to Bailey so much. Animals have a way of wiggling their way into peoples' hearts. My dh was fine with taking in Zoe when my mother died but honestly he wasn't as excited about it as I was LOL. Well, she totally won him over and he ended up adoring that cat. Whenever he walked into the house he would call out "Where's my kitty?" :kiss2: And he would be so happy every time she sat in his lap. She was a lovable little thing.

Oh wow, your channel set eternity band is gorgeous! :love: I love it. You find the prettiest things and you have such great taste.

@canuk-gal, sorry you're so busy at work, that can add a lot of stress to life sometimes.

We got back from LV late Sunday night and dh and I are both a bit wiped out...I think we're feeling the effects of the time change. Aerosmith put on a good show and was fun to watch. They sounded great and had a lot of energy for guys in their late 60's/early 70's. I was exhausted and all I had to do was make it to the theater and sit there haha.

Today was pretty uneventful...the AC guys were here to check the system and of course a pump needed to be replaced and they think we might have a refridgerant (sp?) leak somewhere. Our bushes around the house are completely out of control so I called the lawn guy and asked him to trim them. I also called a power wash company to clean the house and a tree-trimming service to trim a few trees that have grown like crazy recently. I've been very busy calling people and asking them to do things LOL.

Take care all, and have a good Wednesday

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, we were posting at the same time!...oh no to a sore tongue and tooth, I'm so sorry! And I can't believe NN signed off like that, WTH??? I totally understand feeling angry and depressed about losses and please remember your nirdis are always here for you. (((Hugs)))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I can get close to 9K ft altitude in the wild nearby, but haven't yet... Might as well chill out a little with the happiest pretext of stargazing; I'll take all the excuses I can get!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, OMG that picture of Autie is so adorable. What a little sweetheart she is. DH just LOL at the “next in line” comment about your ring. I’m sorry about your rings. Will they be fairly easy to duplicate?

Your comments about loss and how a smell can bring us back to a moment in time is so true. I’m sorry you have had so many losses in your life Kate.

You would have liked the Apollo 11 special Kate. There was a portion where they had footage of people watching what was being reported on the TV news and you heard and saw people reactions to the news. It was an update regarding what had happened in the Vietnam War that day and a report on Ted Kennedy staying at the Kennedy Compound after the Mary Jo Kopechne car crash. I was only 10 when this all happened but was amazed at all I remembered during that time. CNN did a fantastic job.

@missy, Hopefully each day will begin to get a little easier for both you and Greg. You both loved Francesca and she has a huge space in both your hearts. It’s going to take time. If something makes you feel happy for even a few minutes, do it!

@Mamabean, Your new ring is beautiful! Please tell me how you have the willpower to not open a package containing jewelry immediately. The comments you made about your husband and Bailey were so touching. I tease my husband and tell him nothing makes a man look sexier than seeing him cradling a baby or a dog.

@junebug17 , I hope you are home safely from LV. Do you have anything fun planned for this week. I was thrilled today when the Nordstrom sale catalog arrived.

@av, You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

@marcy, it’s a shame head hunters don’t call companies like they did in the late mid 90’s. They always would try to trick people to get the names of qualified people. There were a couple employees my boss felt very much like you feel about NN. We would always give the head hunters these peoples names.

@Austina, So much of what you wrote about Shirley sounds similar to what a coworker went thru with his mom who had Dementia. I hope Shirley’s family are seeing professionals who can guide them in helping make Shirley more comfortable. Often times telling someone with dementia they are wrong or arguing with them can make things worse. It’s heartbreaking to watch someone decline with this.

I hope you are having a good week @canuk-gal .

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake, you and I were also posting at the same time too ha! I hope you find some really good things in that Nordstrom catalogue :dance:

@AV_, star-gazing sounds like the perfect excuse for staring into space and doing nothing haha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Junebug, too funny the rabbits must have been mad at Marty losing their money. I should turn them all facing away so when he asks me why they are like that I can say they want their money back. :lol: That made me smile how you DH would come in the house and ask where's my kitty. Yes, our furbabies warm our hearts. I know you and your DH sure miss her. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Isn't it funny how relaxing wears you out? You did have a busy day calling places and making appointments. Your house and yard will be all ready for the summer now. I have seen some amazing things through telescopes but sadly haven't been out in really dark skies for several years. Glad I can enhance the view with my memory and imagination.

AV, I don't know what altitude you live at but it's not hard getting over 9000 feet around here. The thin air helps for stargazing too.

Callie, I thought that too about how they tied in things from the news and events happening during the Apollo landing. It was an excellent show. I sadly didn't get to watch it live; my mom wouldn't let stay home by myself and we all went to Denver that day for something as a family. Too funny my mom didn't believe me then that I was so interested in space. Of course I saw the replays that night or next day. I remember Apollo 13 really well. I talked my mom in to letting me stay home from school that day to watch it on TV. I keep trying to give NN to someone else but everyone seems to be wise to her. Phooey! Have fun shopping the Nordstrom catalog.

Here is text with flowers and a star cloud. How fun!
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 8.22.35 PM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy, your scopes...are priceless. Thanks for sharing!

JuneB--Vegas! Well...is Vegas! Good for a break...but not a long haul. Nice room views!:appl:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon. Just seeing those pictures makes me realize I need a star fix.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good early morning girls!

@missy, I'm positive Zoe met Francesca at the rainbow bridge and they are now good friends and lying in the sun side by side watching the birds fly by. I love the pic of her under the covers. :love: I know you and Greg miss her terribly and are struggling, and I send all my love and support. Xoxoxo. It was so kind of Michael from Lap of Love to send you such a thoughtful card and I'm glad it brought you a bit of comfort.

I agree. Zoe and Francesca are together now playing sweetly and loving each other and they are all being cared for by our furbabies who went before them. It is a comforting thought and I know we will all be reunited with them one day. Isn't it amazing how the kindness of others brings comfort during times of grief and sadness?

Today was pretty uneventful...the AC guys were here to check the system and of course a pump needed to be replaced and they think we might have a refridgerant (sp?) leak somewhere. Our bushes around the house are completely out of control so I called the lawn guy and asked him to trim them. I also called a power wash company to clean the house and a tree-trimming service to trim a few trees that have grown like crazy recently. I've been very busy calling people and asking them to do things LOL.

Oh my, glad you are on top of it before you need the AC to work full blast. We are now in for a heat wave so just in time Junie. And it looks like you are scheduling all that is necessary for a beautiful home inside and out. Nice.
Thank you for all your kind and generous comfort and sending love and hugs to you Junie dear.

@missy Oh yes, the walking wounded, you can't see that huge painful hole but it's there, you can se me laugh and chat away but inside there's always the hole, the burn.. I find thru my life it smolders and flares, it changed me, over and over, to me now.. if this all makes sense, hope it does. Because of our NIRDI's and you I have this wonderful loving friendship here and I treasure it. as I treausre you Missy.. xoxoxoxo (ice cream looks soooo good!).. I'm glad you are getting out, we are getting your rain today I think.. the ferals are beautiful, I have read that feral cats are much quieter than human raised cats.. My son's cat is a feral he saved, Luna, Luna is quiet except when Mike and Cara and Poncho go to bed and Luna is out by herself (Mike has this 'thing' about litter, cat paws and his bed, God knows I've tried to talk to him but that man is stubborn). So of course Luna cries, and I love Poncho too but he's spoiled to hell and back. Lovely Luna, I have to get Mike to send me a pix, I've got John 1/2 way convinced I'm taking when we move.. Luna is very sleek, and beautiful. John is terribly allergic to cats (oh well he can take pills I say) :) as always Missy, I hold you in my heart. Hello to that sweet guy Greg and the furkids.. and a hug too.

Sweet Kate, thank you. I am grateful for all of you. And your son is a sweetheart to care about the ferals and save Luna. About allergies. Greg as you know has been getting shots for over 15 years but recently stopped and so far so good. Hope that contuses. I hope John's allergies lessen with time. I get hives with some cats it's weird. Not all but some. I used to be extremely allergic but sort of grew out of them at least somewhat. I hold you in my heart too Kate the great. And thank you for the hugs. (((Hugs))) back to you and your wonderful family.

I am looking at diamond wedding bands! ha.. hope I find my lost stone and rings. last year I dropped a lot of stuff at the bank and thought I got everything but maybe I didn't.. who knows. :( Kate wasn't so great in this case But as Missy said, I have my husband, sons, GRANDDAUGHTER, my Salley, my life is RICH. xoxoxo

Indeed your life is rich with love and all that counts. Sending you lots of lost and found dust and I hope you find those wedding bands soon. If you want us to search online for you however please give us the details. What type of weddng band what size etc. The NIRDIs got you girlfriend. (((Hugs))).

Missy, it is a good thing we have the capacity to love so many people and sweet furbabies. It helps us when we have to part with them. It makes us what we are today. How could Greg not love kitties? Old NN played her passive aggressive card today. She missed quite a few things yesterday so I sent her a few emails this morning. She signed off on her tasks today as “XXX the error maker”. I can’t imagine going through life acting like she does; I am sure she has a voodoo of me in her car. Thanks - that was Marty about 13 years ago. He’d probably think he looks fat and has no muscles there. We had some great nights with those scopes over the years. Thinking of you for picking up Francesca’s ashes. That will be tough. How nice of Micheal to send you a card; he sounds very caring.

Thanks sweet Marcy. We did not yet pick up her ashes. Greg is working from home this week and it's been a busy week so far. Before the July 4th holiday things are heating up. Literally and figuratively. Oh no to NN. Wow. Amazing. SMH. Marty looked good 13 years ago and he looks good now. I doubt any of us would look at our photo from 13 years ago and not be like whoa. :lol:

We’ve got a lot of thunder going on out there but no rain yet. Marty is at the gym. I have a sore tooth / tongue again. Same place as a few months ago so I’m thinking it’s that darn tooth. I ate soft food today and that helped. I cut up a cantaloupe tonight so I will have that for breakfast tomorrow. It’s 8 pm and I’m yawning. Phooey.

Phooey is right. Sending you lots of dust for that tooth and tongue. Hope you are feeling all better today. And hope you are having sweet dreams right now.
Love your NIRDI design. Beautiful.

@missy--have 3 scoops!!!!!! Those furry felines forsake feraldom for fun and first-rate fabutans! (courtesy of gracious hosts Missy and Greg) Sorry I got nuthin!:mrgreen2:

Work was busy but it always is. Sincere thank you's go a LONG way.

Truth! A little genuine sincerity and thanks goes a very long way. I remember working with people when I was working and when they were thankful and kind it made my job so much more joyous and meaningful. Thank you for the wonderful job you do Sharon. (((Hugs))).

And yes to 3 scoops of ice cream. Hopefully we can get out tomorrow to cycle and we will hopefully be able to have Days. I say hopefully because Greg is working and if we go cycling tomorrow it might have to be super early before Days opens. Oh well. Hope you are cycling and having more lovely weather. We are getting a mini heat wave here.

@missy, Hopefully each day will begin to get a little easier for both you and Greg. You both loved Francesca and she has a huge space in both your hearts. It’s going to take time. If something makes you feel happy for even a few minutes, do it!

Thanks Callie and I am thinking of you hoping that darn kidney stone passes soon and uneventfully.

@AV_ hope you had a good night and are enjoying your Wednesday. Ice cream for all!

@Mamabean your new bling is blingatstic. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and are pleased with all of your recent purchases.

@Slick1 good luck today. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. XO.

Off to endocrinologist this AM. Leaving before 5:30 AM to drive there. Crazy. Hope we get there without much difficulty. Will check back later if I can.
Have a good day ladies. (((Hugs))).

Leaving you with a photo of our snow leopard Bobby. Handsome devil. And I do mean devil.:devil:

bobbybeach.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
I wanted to say hi and tried to catch up and failed. So :wavey:… (Where is the emoji of me hiding my face??)
Thank you for all the good wishes for my mother! She is okay, but they still don't know what is wrong. And that is a little scary in itself. So more test this week and next week she is scheduled for a lung biopsy. After that I think they might be running out of tests.. But she is home and feeling fine except from being super stressed and emotional from this waiting game. So our planned holiday trip next week is going out the window, because I don't think it would be very nice to leave her home alone right now. I'm grateful that my husband is a nice guy who always says "of course".

Missy, the picture of HRH "hiding" under the blankets might be my all time favourite! Talk about shining bright like a star! And the ferals. I have missed seing pictures of them, my own fault and suitable punishment for being away from you girls. I do think that black one might be my Cola, though :geek2::P2 As for Bobby, only one good jump from Angel to Devil, you know :lol-2:

Marcy, you sure have a big set of binoculars! So so cool! And love the flower letters! Maybe NN will quit! Wouldn't that be an ice cream and cookies kind of day!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whaaaaat, you received a bling package and you did not yet open it? Woman are you feeling OK? OMG get me a thermometer someone quickly please. Joanne!!!!! Must see bling. :appl:

I second Missy! Pictures, please!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian no sadly that’s not Cola. I wish. I have to ask Greg if Cola is still around. This black kitty is new to us and sort of beat up looking. Hopefully she/he will stay on our property and eat and take shelter and heal and grow strong and healthy.

Continued good vibes being sent to your mom.Hoping for an innocuous diagnosis from which she can fully recover. And (((hugs))) to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still going through Frankie photos. Did I share this one. From one beach morning this past May. In bed with us as we (Greg) were going through news etc and enjoying our coffee. Lol she is saying pay attention to me daddy!

FF0A905A-FC80-42D5-BCF2-AD5B06F8004E.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still going through Frankie photos. Did I share this one. From one beach morning this past May. In bed with us as we (Greg) were going through news etc and enjoying our coffee. Lol she is saying pay attention to me daddy!

FF0A905A-FC80-42D5-BCF2-AD5B06F8004E.jpeg
Adorable! Just adorable!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry not to catch up, but life’s been hectic here. My own fault, I like to clean the house to within an inch of its life before we go away :lol:

I hope your appt went well today @missy and that you haven’t lost any weight. It’s lovely seeing all the photos of sweet Frankie, and the ferals enjoying their kitty palace. How is Tommy doing?

I hope they can find out what’s wrong with your Mum @Scandinavian, it’s a worrying time for you all.

Love your new band @Mamabean, channel set rings are the most versatile piece of jewellery ever! I have one in y/g and one in w/g, and neither go with Bella :lol:

That is some serious kit @marcy! Let’s hope Moaning Minnie gets another job and annoys someone else :mrgreen2:

Autie is getting more adorable every day @Tekate.

Hi @junebug17 @Calliecake @AV_ hope everything is ok with you.

Just about ready for tomorrow, Dottie is with Tom, and we’re having an early night.

Catch you all on the other side :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Travel safe Austina.

And Missy thank you for the kind words. Truth is, I feel privileged in my profession.:)) I'll work as long as I am capable (and people will have me!) Hope you are well and can enjoy as many scoops of iced delish as is possible. xoxo
:wavey:NIRDIs

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results