color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1415397454|3779448 said:
Hi girls,

This is the greatest thread ever, I love following everyone's lives and hearing stories, it is sort of like a reality show but we are participating in it and it is really like having online friends.

First of all, I hope I will not miss anything and anyone, I really do not intend to but otherwise I will post several times. Everything went well, I may have to go back next week to my sister's but for now all is good and getting better for sure. The animal gang did just fine although Sapphie had diarrhea when I got home, I mean she had accidents in like five spots. I hope it is just some bug passing through but anyhow giving her the Vetri DMG which I swear is the greatest thing on the planet for animals. Natural enzyme but the best immune stimulator and I go to it as the miracle help for everything the animal kiddies are experiencing. Great thing for you guys who have pets in the US, it is made there are quite inexpensive to get it in the US, unfortunately not so over here but well worth the price. So I will go and check on Sapphie soon and hope that she has improved since. Not sure what is wrong as all the others were fine and she was eating well herself too.

Unfortunately, the momma dog has an emotional problem, due to her trauma of having been left, she goes crazy if I try to leave her and even though the fence was fixed or so we thought she got out again and she does everything to dig herself out of the yard to follow me. At the moment I am at my wit's end about this situation because she gets scared outside and cannot get back inside the yard. Very nervewracking to say the least, not sure what to do as I do have to leave obviously, I cannot sit home all the time. The garage door has to be fixed which is not an easy story and then she can be locked in there with her son for shorter periods of time as not sure what other thing I can think of but for now even that is not a solution, I feel very stressed about this. We worked on the fence again tonight and then pretended to go on a walk and we could hear her screaming, trying to push herself out of the gate and then digging and ripping that small area of the fence that she can wreck. I had to cancel my appointment today and I will try crating her tomorrow and closing the garage as I must get out. I am just sorry that after moving I cannot find my larger dog crates, of course, why would I find them when I need them. I remember donating them to rescue,stupid me but then I did not think I would be adopting dogs.

Kelinas, I am very sorry to hear about your divorce, that must be hard, I am not sure how much you shared or want to share about it but I feel for you and am with you, I have been through a very hard breakup story myself. I like your positive attitude very much and definitely support you on getting a kitty, they can be such soulmates. You appear very strong and will get over this. I wish I had been that strong but to the outside world I probably appeared to be, I cannot say it was easy though. In some situations it is better to be without a person than with though and thinking about the freedom and possibilities of happiness is a great approach. I hope you will hear more updates about you and your life and how you find happiness which I am sure you will.

Missy, I have missed talking to you and Callie and Marcy too of course. I am very proud of you Missy but I too got very scared when I hear about you walking down the stairs alone and feared you could hall, perhaps I do not want to be unsupportive of it but do get Greg to help you when you do that and otherwise for now it may still be safer to take a cab. I hope what your derm told you about will help, I do not know these creams but it could be that they go under different brand names in Europe. I too think and have said here that everything the Lauder company makes are great products and done wonders to my skin, I too used Clinique most of my life,only with sensitivities skip any products with alcohol. I also used some Lauder products and now La Mer but all are wonderful in my opinion and in case of allergies perhaps Clinique is the best but even with my severe allergies I could use all of the products brands under the Lauder company made, they also helped aging slow down a lot in my opinion, in fact I must have done good marketing for them as so many girls I knew started using their products because of me. I tried switching and I always ended up with problems so will just stick with what works.

Marcy, congrats on your earrings! I am sure you will wear them a lot. Nice to hear more about you too.

Callie, please share about your shopping and hope we get to see some pix. I still have not worn my new boots, I am doing this silly saving things again, I gotta stop. Well, now I am not shopping, only doing jewelry projects for myself but because I work in this trade, I cannot share them here unfortunately. At the moment I am concentrating on my favorite thing though and try to stop shopping for a while. There is a lot going on right now anyhow with many shows, events, balls and things like that in Vienna so it will not be a boring time and I can probably hold off for a bit on the shopping. If I buy new things though I will share again.

I was not too crazy about any of the new perfumes I got to try. I think mostly they were floral chypres and though very nice, it is not really my genre, it fits my mom better and thus I have given her many of my most beautiful floral chypres and only kept a couple I really loved. Generally I really love sweetness, vanilla and incense and animalic notes, a bit of woods sometimes, so perhaps what you told me about Missy would work as L'Air de Rien only has three notes too; vanilla, musk and orange flower but it is not a floral for sure, in no way, mostly you smell the vanilla and the musk with a bit of bitter orange flower. My favorite version of Bal a Versailles is also very sweet but that fume is very complicated as well.

I am sure I missed some points and will write again, hope to talk to you all soon and wish you a great weekend.

Hi Ovi, I am sorry Sapphie is not/was not feeling well and I hope she is all better now! Also very sorry about momma dog. That is not an easy situation and I hope your fence is fixed properly. I wonder if you ever considered an animal therapist? I know it sounds crazy but I once watched a show on animal planet (I think it was called the cat whisperer... no something like that though) and this guy was able to retrain badly behaving cats by just observing them and then doing a few simple steps that calmed them down and it was amazing. I wonder if there is a similar solution that exists for your dog? Or at the very least a psych med to calm her down and take away her anxiety? Though I hate medicating if there is another way...but it sounds like she is suffering and I hate that even more. I hope you can find a way to make her feel better and less anxious.

I am glad your visit with your sister went fairly well. She is lucky you are there for her as I know many siblings that unfortunately don't have that close and supportive relationship. Sorry you did not like the perfumes you tried and perhaps you will like one of the perfumes I recommended. Though it doesn't sound like you need a new perfume so perhaps wait for the time you feel you want a change?

Ovi, I just want to add that I feel for you and the situation you are in with your husband. Feel free to tell me not to butt in or just to ignore what I am writing here but have you guys considered counseling? I hate to see that you feel stuck and unable to make any positive change. My advice is don't ever feel that there is nothing you can do in an unhappy situation. This is the rest of your life we are talking about. Please don't fear being alone. If you guys cannot work it out, if you cannot be happy together it is better being alone than being miserable together...ofc I don't know your specifics and again feel free to ignore because it is none of my business but I want you to know there are options. I am sending good vibes and (((hugs))) your way.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy,

Thank you for your kind words, it really means a lot to me because I know you mean it. I do not want people to feel sorry for me and you know how that feels but quite honestly I have sort of given up on happiness in my romantic life and I am happy regardless because I have found that within myself. It amazes me how strong I am and do well in all other areas of life and personal relationships too but I think that having been abused and molested as a child has put a stamp on my romantic relationships. Also, my father leaving my family makes me feel scared of being alone,I have tried it, only to allow myself to be victimized again years later. It seems to be a vicious cycle and I have tried everything, counseling, trying to choose a not so dominant person, my husband is not and yet I keep running into problems. I know that you are absolutely right and my mom has also told me that being alone can be better but then I always take pity on others like my husband too and I know this is my fault. We all have to fight our inner demons. It takes a lot of courage to say this on a public forum. In some ways this relationship is better than the others were, in others it is worse but these areas where it is worse can perhaps be worked on. I think that the people that know me would never imagine some of the things that have happened in my life. That said, at the moment I feel that my life is going in the right direction, I feel really content and happy with my life in general, I absolutely love working in this field and it is my ultimate passion, so I have just found that may be what really matters to me right now. We have to see how this marriage will develop, it takes a lot of patience living with another person as you know. In many ways this is better so we shall see, since I met my husband when we were going through hard times due to different reasons, perhaps it will take a while, also he has a lot less experience living with others being younger than me. In this case what took a toll on this relationship was the financial chaos he was in which was not his fault but this is something he can come out of shortly, still sometimes you feel that sometimes it may be too late for the relationship, this is what I am not sure about. It was not my fault and sometimes I feel I should not have suffered but maybe that is selfish. What was my fault is that I got married when I had not really closed a previous relationship. So there I said it and not sure I made sense as I really spoke my mind as thoughts were just sort of flowing.

How are you feeling today? How was your day? I finally got out of the house thankfully, I had to lock up the doggies and we did fence fixing again last night and I worked on it more in the mud and rain today, that was fun, not.:))) Then I went to the beauty salon, did some grocery shopping and made dinner for the human and animal members of the family. It was a pretty good day. Tomorrow will be resting and doing things at home because next week will be very busy. How is the pain and how is your sleeping? Hope your skin is not itching so much. I should look into these creams and ask my mom too since she is a derm as well, I keep thinking you might want to try the Clinique redness reliever others suggested too instead of heavy medication but I could be wrong, I just prefer more natural stuff whenever possible.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, How are you? I hope you and Greg were able to get out today and enjoy the day. Is your toe feeling better? How has your ankle been?

Thank you so much for your advice and kind words. After I sent my last post, my Aunt called. It seems you and OVincze were correct. She believes my dad is trying to take advantage of me. I know she has my best interests at heart and shed some light on things I was not aware of. It just makes me sad. It's funny, even at my age, I'm still wishing I had a great dad.

Marcy, You must be thrilled with your earrings. They look gorgeous in the picture.

My husband used to travel about 50 percent of the time. This summer was brutal as he was gone for much of it. Thank godness he will be home for the rest of the year. I certainly know what it's like spending weekends alone. I also tend to shop more when he is out of town. I'm sure it's out of boredom.

OVincze, I so wish I could sit down and talk to you. Honey, please don't ever feel that you are stuck in a relationship that doesn't make you happy. I could not agree more with everything Missy said in her post. It took me many years to learn that it is so much better to be alone than with someone you are not happy with. I can also tell you that some of the times I have felt the loneliest, I was with another person in a bad relationship. Please let me know if you would rather I not comment on any of this.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

How are you today? Did you go to Cony Island and get some Fries?

I would certainly have a dealer tear my car apart to find my diamond. I’d be so freaked out. Luckily the earring I dropped in my car was a very cheap pair of earrings I ordered a long time ago from Jewelry Television. I also had a chain break and a pendant fall down between my seat and the console. I looked for days trying to find it. About a year later I had my sunroof open and noticed a glint in the rail where my seat move and sure enough it was my pendant.

Thank you for recommending not sleeping in my earrings. I generally always take them out at night except for those nights I might have too many glasses of wine.

I want to thank you for providing us this forum to vent! I think it helps all of us.

Ovi, I am glad to hear thicker posts on my earrings won’t stretch my ears. They certainly feel fine in my ears. Too funny - we definitely enable each other here to go on shopping sprees.

I am sure the animals make it more challenging for you to get away on the weekends but I am glad you manage sometimes. You are so right everyone has problems to deal with and some things we can’t control. I know it’s completely up to me to find ways to keep myself busy and entertained on the weekends but I’ve had a lot of trouble doing that lately. My mom died a year ago August from Leukemia then my dad died unexpectedly of a heart attack in January. I spent a lot of time with my parents when Marty traveled so I find myself very unmotivated to socialize or go anywhere when he’s gone. At least once I realized that was my problem I’ve been better about going out and doing some things.

The area where you live sounds amazingly beautiful. I love the stars so that is one reason I’d like living in the country. That hour drive to the city wouldn’t be my favorite thing to do. Diamond Vienna sounds like a fabulous time and I’m not quite sure what that entails.

I am glad to hear your life is going in the right direction and you feel happy and content with life in general. That is something many people never have. No one’s life or situation is ever perfect.

Kelinas, I am glad you reminded me it’s always a good idea to research on products before buying them.

I got up about 7:30 today since it was sunny and I wanted to get some pictures of my new earrings. I met my sister, BIL and a grand-nephew for lunch about 45 miles south of here and we had a nice time. They have 2 jewelry stores I thought of visiting while I was there but decided I’ve spent way too much money on bling this year so just headed home.

This afternoon I watched Frozen, caught up on some DVR events and worked on laundry.

That polar vortex is going to descend on us Monday bringing very cold temps and snow so I guess I need to get some food tomorrow.

Have a great evening and Sunday!
Marcy

_23939.jpg

_23940.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I think I may need to rethink my comments about not wanting diamond earrings.

Marcy, Those, earrings look huge on your ears!!! They are so pretty and would look perfect with any outfit!

OVincze, Can I please go to a flea market with you????

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Calliecake. I will certainly vote for you to get diamond earrings.

We must have been posting at about the same time earlier. I hate to hear your dad is trying to take advantage of you. It is very understandable you wish things were different with him because he’s your dad. I go through shoulda, coulda, woulda scenarios sometimes even though I know they do me absolutely no good.

I am sure you had a long summer with your husband gone. I definitely shop out of boredom too. It’s just something to do and new things brighten my day. I am glad your husband will be home the rest of the year.

Speaking of traveling Marty made it to Ethiopia and they rejected his work credit card even though it still has about $2000 credit on it. I went and paid $5000 on it even though I don’t have any reimbursement from his previous trip. Aargh! How do they expect him to travel so much and not give him enough credit to cover multiple long trips? I hate using our credit cards or money because it makes me nervous until I get that reimbursement in our account. I know it will be fine but grrrr.

Marcy

ETA: Crap! Marty just noticed yesterday they held up his last expense report. He didn't say why. Hopefully he gets it resubmitted right away.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I have severe dyshidrotic and atopic ezcema and the derm kinda deflated after reading my medical charts and told me the only medication I haven't tried was Elidel.
But he really really emphasized that he was against it.
It was more "weigh your options"

I'd rather have painful blisters on my palms (I'm serious and yes it's completely and utterly painful) rather than getting skin cancer.

Just food for thought.

(Just looking out!)

missy|1415443753|3779640 said:
Kelinas said:
Missy

Please please please tell me you researched Elidel cream.

I'm hoping I missed a previous post on it, but just in case -

Elidel has been known to cause skin cancer.

Just had a mini heart attack after reading that your derm agreed to it.

Hi Kelinas, thanks for the warning. I knew of some vague concerns about this drug from many years ago when it was first introduced but didn't realize it was a valid concern still. I am going to research it before I use it (I haven't filled it yet or used the samples he gave me) and appreciate your warning.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow girls, you have certainly had you share of hard times, Marcy I am extremely sorry to hear about your parents, I cannot imagine what it would be like, I lost my grandma that I was very close to last year but I had years to get used to not being able to talk to her, it is never easy but it was not unexpected. I can totally understand why you feel more withdrawn from socializing, it takes time to heal and allow yourself this time. If you do not feel like going out with people, fine. I completely support that you do things that make you feel good though, whether that is a toy drive, shopping, buying earrings, whatever. Just do what raises your spirits, whatever that is. I love reading when I am down, anymore I tend to read real life stories of people on forums or jewelry related stuff but I used to read a lof of books too when I was alone. The earrings are so delish, talk about enabling! I so wanted stud earrings of this size, now you are enabling me.:))) Taking pix is of jewelry is a lot of fun and you seem to be really good at it. Good thing you are not sleeping in them, I never do and would not recommend it. Hahaha about too much wine, I take mine out before having too much wine, when I can.:)))

Of course you can come to flea markets with me Callie and all of you girls.:))) I know it would be hard though. My mom and I are planning on going though next year, her and her husband go to Germany in the spring/summer and we will do a flea market trip too. I must go to the one in Vienna as they have a really big one, never been but they say it is really good.

Vienna does not have really good jewelry or gem shows anymore, that is sad, I think it has to do with Germany being close and the big ones being there. Munich is only a two hour drive from Vienna and they have some of the really big ones there. I was dying to go this October and did not get to which made me really sad. I felt that I had to get away and of course wanted to go to a gem show that is my favorite past time activity, well, we could go in February. Diamond Vienna is very small this year so nothing special what I do really want to see though is this antique show that we got tickets to go to, if I do go, I will tell you. I have no idea what it entails, being an art show too, it could be that it is mainly paintings, furniture and the like, that does not interest me all that much.

Callie I am extremely sorry about your day but it makes me very sad that he is trying to take advantage of you. It should never be that way. I cannot understand why he is doing this, he sure sounds like a good con artist. I wish he was a normal dad, being there for you and wanting to keep in touch with you because of you, you absolutely deserve that.

Callie you can of course comment on everything I say, after all if I say something here it may be commented on and I do agree with what you said. I was in an abusive relationship in the US for a long time and after I got out and could finally get away from the person I spend 5 years alone, some parts of it I loved and some I did not like. It is true though that in that relationship I felt more alone than when I was actually alone. The problem is that after I broke up with my exfiancee a bit over two years ago, it traumatized me so much that I felt I could not be alone and I made a hasty decision marrying my husband. I definitely should not have as I was really burnt out, in shock and not healed. A lot of things happened that did not help this marriage and I got married as I felt I had a better time with him than being alone, part of that is true as we definitely have a lot of things in common, part of the relationship went very wrong and also still unsure that I am so ready to be with someone. I cannot say if it was a good decision or not. It is also not this big love that my ex was, not sure it has to be either. This marriage was so awful in the spring that I actually separated twice, things did get better since then but I cannot say whether certain things can be fixed. But I definitely do not want to hijack Missy's thread to talk about me. I look forward to hearing about you girls.

Marcy, that is really nervewracking about the reimbursement situation, when do you think Marty can have it sorted out? I mean of course he should not advance work related expenses but if he had to hopefully he can communicate with his superiors and find out when they will reimburse you, I do not understand why they did not accept his previous submission? I would not be happy about this either.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, I understand what you are saying and you are right. Peace and happiness comes from within and I do not feel sorry for you. Quite the contrary, you are such a strong and brave woman and I know you will figure it out.

We are here for you whenever you need or want us to be. Your dh is lucky to have you by his side and as you said many of these issues are workable issues and not fatal flaws. That makes all the difference. Our men are works in progress hahaha. Since you are in the beginning really it does take time and when I look back to our first married year together I will say it had its fair share of challenges and compromises and looking back it was all so worth it. I hope that will be the same for you Ovi. You deserve the romance and the whole shebang.

As for my saga it continues. I just wish I could have a respite from all of this. My face is not doing well. The seb derm/rosacea is getting worse despite the Xolegel (haven't started the Elidel yet and Kelinas's warning makes me think twice three times and more about it) and my face is itchy and looking awful. In some ways this is almost as traumatic as a broken leg. In a nutshell my skin was always perfect (and I mean perfect-never a blemish or mark and pale smooth clear skin) till I hit 40 and then I developed rosacea. That was a trying time as no treatment worked and my flushing was out of control.

That's when I found David (derm) again and we tried everything. In the end Oracea helped control the papules and the flushing was a challenge as I had to avoid temp changes and lots of different foods. But I got through it with my confidence intact because as you know skin diseases can take its toll on one's self esteem and confidence. Then 8 plus years later I had to d/c Oracea because of the esophagitis I developed and then I had a series of weird burning symptoms and then just as I was feeling better l broke my leg. My face however was fine and amazingly clear throughout this year until now.

I don't know if it is the weather change or just the months accumulating of no Oracea (which I am terrified to start again) but this is horrible. I just need some rest from these health issues and now its my face which as you know brings along a whole new set of issues and trauma. I pray this will burn itself out and don't know what to do if it doesn't. Sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it. I thought I could get through this year but now I don't feel as strong or confident about it.

Thank you for your recommendations re skin care it's just my face is so sensitive and I have tried so many things over the year (natural, OTC and Rx meds) that we found what works best (at least in the past) is putting nothing topical on my face as it reacts to everything. That's why Oracea was amazing for me because it was oral and my skin did well on it. This however is a different issue and I don't believe Oracea would help it even if I did go back on it which well given my past experience this winter I am hoping I do not have to do.

So sorry to be crying again when you have all been so supportive and I could not blame you for being sick of hearing more of my drama. I know you will say it is OK and I appreciate that but just want to acknowledge the fact that I know it has been continual with me and I wish I could just say I am great now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, thank you for asking. My ankle/toe are about the same. Same old song and dance and hopefully one day I can say I am walking well without pain but it is a slow process and right now as you might read in my post to Ovi I have other issues taking the spotlight off my leg if you can believe it. Right now I feel like crawling into a corner away from the world and just staying there until my life gets back to some semblance of my old normal. I hate this cold weather because I think it is exacerbating my skin symptoms.

I am so glad your Aunt called to offer support and advice. It makes me happy knowing you have people on your side who love and care about you and though I understand it would be great if your dad was one of those people he is not. What matters is you have so many who do love and support and care about you Callie and in the long run we are lucky if we can say that yanno? I know a dad is a special person though different from others and I am sorry you did not have that close and special relationship with your dad. That transcends any age.

I am so glad your dh will be around for the rest of the year and I know you guys will enjoy a good holiday season together. Do I hear someone say diamond earrings for the holidays... :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Marcy, and thank you for posting those ear pics. OMG your ACA 8 prong earrings are simply gorgeous. I know you will be enjoying these classic beauties for many years to come.

It was too cold for me to go to Coney Island and sadly I cannot eat french fries while my skin is acting up. That would surely exacerbate it so that is on hold for now. Instead we went to the Brooklyn Flea which is a huge flea market that is in different areas each season. This was the first weekend in its new building and it is lovely.

We really enjoyed the Flea yesterday and we go often when the weather is too cold to be outside. While I know it is early in the cold weather season it was still a perfect thing to do yesterday especially given it was the opening weekend in its new location. We almost bought a bicycle drawing that I think we might go back and purchase next weekend. It was a little pricey for me but Greg thinks it is worth it since that is the way many of these vendors make their living. He is such a softie but I don't mind as that makes me love him even more.

I hear you on the business expenses. Greg often doesn't get reimbursed right away on certain expenses and it sometimes concerns me but I have learned not to worry about it. Our men know what they are doing and so I just let it go. Too many other concerns to take our energy to be sure. Hoping Marty gets that all straightened out with work fairly easily.

I am so sorry about your dear parents Marcy. How difficult and sad that is for you and I am sending big hugs across the miles to you. No one can ever replace a parent. Hugs to you sweet Marcy and I know they are watching over you.

Stay warm and safe Marcy! You guys get the cold much earlier than we do and we are expecting a bit of a warm up till the middle of the week when it is supposed to turn colder. Brrrrrr looking forward to spring already lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1415514757|3780013 said:
I have severe dyshidrotic and atopic ezcema and the derm kinda deflated after reading my medical charts and told me the only medication I haven't tried was Elidel.
But he really really emphasized that he was against it.
It was more "weigh your options"

I'd rather have painful blisters on my palms (I'm serious and yes it's completely and utterly painful) rather than getting skin cancer.

Just food for thought.

(Just looking out!)

missy|1415443753|3779640 said:
Kelinas said:
Missy

Please please please tell me you researched Elidel cream.

I'm hoping I missed a previous post on it, but just in case -

Elidel has been known to cause skin cancer.

Just had a mini heart attack after reading that your derm agreed to it.

Hi Kelinas, thanks for the warning. I knew of some vague concerns about this drug from many years ago when it was first introduced but didn't realize it was a valid concern still. I am going to research it before I use it (I haven't filled it yet or used the samples he gave me) and appreciate your warning.

Kelinas! Thank you again sweetheart. I really appreciate your concern. I am so sorry you suffer from such a debilitating eczema and I understand how you feel as I have no lightweight skin issues myself unfortunately.

Have you found anything else that has helped your severe eczema? Do you use steroids to at least curb the reaction when it gets out of control? I remember when I developed chilblains (ulceration on my fingers from the cold weather and my poor circulation) one severe winter. That was not pleasant so I can imagine how you must feel.

My problem is this is on my face so visible front and center and terribly embarrassing not to mention uncomfortable. I am at a loss as to what to do and I am almost considering steroids though I know that might make my problem worse in the future and also worsen my rosacea to a terrible point. I just don't know.

I hope your eczema is under control and that you don't have any severe reactions like you did in the past. Thank you so much for caring about me and I feel the same about you. May only good things be coming your way as you have had enough challenges this year. Hugs.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
The only thing I use for my dyshidrosis is Epsom salt, alcohol and sweet almond oil.
As crazy As it sounds, when I get an outbreak, I soak in a warm salt solution which dries the blisters, pop the blisters with a needle and scrub with alcohol.
Then soak again, dry. Then use the oil before I go to sleep.

My ex has rosacea on his cheeks. We had success with with chamomile compresses, vitamin d, and green tea.

Brew the chamomile, let it cool and soak a towel in it.
Then lay down and relax with it on your face.

I also had to get him on vitamin d - because as you know, the rosacea gets inflamed when exposed to sunlight. But it is very beneficial

And the green tea is the same as the chamomile, but I didn't see any major improvements until I used really really good loose leaves (not the bags) on his cheeks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Kelinas, thanks for that info. I'm glad you found at least some relief from your eczema. It's amazing how our bodies can rebel against us. Hoping for relief for us both.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi! I just read what you wrote about not wanting to hijack my thread. PLEASE don't feel that way. I welcome free discussion. Anything that can help you and everyone here.That's my wish. That this thread is a safe place to chat and enjoy the support from others. I truly mean that. I don't want it to be all about me anymore. Enough of that. ::)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1415502233|3779960 said:
I got up about 7:30 today since it was sunny and I wanted to get some pictures of my new earrings. I met my sister, BIL and a grand-nephew for lunch about 45 miles south of here and we had a nice time. They have 2 jewelry stores I thought of visiting while I was there but decided I’ve spent way too much money on bling this year so just headed home.

I came to this thread to see how missy was holding up, but all I want to do now is read about your earrings, marcy. Please give me a link to the thread(s) about them. I have to know the specs. I thought I didn't need a pair of large studs (and I sold one of my two large studs and used the proceeds to pay for a pair of diamond hoops from Whiteflash). Your earrings, which-btw-I could not afford, are exquisite-beyond exquisite-however! Wear them in health in happiness!

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1415541473|3780080 said:
My ankle/toe are about the same. Same old song and dance and hopefully one day I can say I am walking well without pain but it is a slow process and right now as you might read in my post to Ovi I have other issues taking the spotlight off my leg if you can believe it. Right now I feel like crawling into a corner away from the world and just staying there until my life gets back to some semblance of my old normal. I hate this cold weather because I think it is exacerbating my skin symptoms.

I lied when I said I only cared about marcy's earrings, missy. I care about your health, too. I am ever so sorry to hear that you now are having skin problems as well as continuing to recuperate from your orthopedic surgery. What are you doing for your skin? What is your history? I bet you have written about this already, so please do not feel you have to write it all again. I just wonder if I can find all the information easily. So if you can give me a brief synopsis, I would appreciate it. I will try not to make inane suggestions. I will assume that others have already hashed the matter out with you earlier in the thread.

Love,
Deb
(((missy)))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy!

I am glad you mentioned how marriages are a work in progress. What you said about the first few years made me remember some of our bumps in the road then. I was taking Drixoral for allergies and I swear I would cry at commercials. It was driving Marty crazy and then of course I cried because I thought he was mad at me. I finally quit those things!

I am so sorry to hear about your face. I have dry and itchy skin but no experience with seb derm/rosacea. I use Benadryl anti itch cream for small hives I get but I don’t know if that would help your face. I am sure it is making your feel miserable.

Don’t feel bad about telling us about how are you feeling. Between you ankle, toe and face are all major health concerns to deal with and being in pain wears on you. You deserve you to have a good cry or at least come here and let us know what you are thinking. You work so hard every day at getting better and I am sorry the results don’t come more quickly for you. You are doing so well and doing more and more all the time so that is so amazing.

Thanks, I think I will enjoy my earrings. My sister is pretty happy with her new earrings (she bought my old ones).

The Flea Market sounds like a nice way to spend the day and how wonderful you might go back and buy a bicycle drawing you like. That is so nice Greg wants to support an artist.

I shouldn’t get stressed about Marty’s business expenses but my biggest concern is he gets somewhere and can’t pay for food or taxis or worse hotels. He always has his debit card.

Thank you for the kind words and big hugs about my parents. I miss them more than I ever thought possible.

Ovi, thank you for your words and thoughts about my parents. It has been a very rough time for me. I was very close to both my parents. I saw or talked to them every day and while watching my mom’s health fail for years it was still hard when she died. My dad was healthy as a horse and I figured he’d outlive us all. He was very active. He had just shoveled about 10” of snow off the driveway and sidewalk and was talking on his cell phone and was gone before the phone hit his lap. My parents had been married 65 years and my dad missed my mom so much it was heartbreaking. I can’t help but believe a broken heart played in to what happened. I love to read books too but couldn’t concentrate for about 6 months luckily that improved and I started reading again a few months ago. I go through angry and sadness spells and this month is bad because both of their birthdays are this month and then the holidays are coming. I know it takes a long time and will have ups and downs. Thanks for listening. LOL at taking earrings out before having too much wine. I actually have put up my jewelry before if I think I might drink too much that night. I do love to take photos; scenery or macro shots of flowers and of course jewelry. The gem shows in Munich must be awesome. I went to one in Denver one time and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I hope you get to one in Munich next year. I guess the problem with Marty’s expense report was a few things were miss-categorized. All of his expenses have to be charged per project. His company is very good at reimbursing him so hopefully it will be corrected and resubmitted this week. I hate to hear the unhappiness and difficult times you’ve been through with past relationships. You sound like you work at being at peace with yourself and making yourself happy. You seem to be a strong and determined lady!

Thanks Deb. Here is the link to my thread on my studs. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aca-studs.207763/ BTW I want a pair of WF diamond hoops like yours. But I’ve spent far too much money on jewelry this year.

Laters everyone!
Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls,

Missy, you are a wonderful person and thank you for being so supportive. I do too feel somewhat that this thread has evolved a lot and has become about us, girls with common interests and other things in common but I would still hate to take the focus away from you, after all this should still be mostly about you. Yet, I do want to get to know all of you more as I feel that I am a part of your lives now.

Missy, I am very sorry about your skin, I too am starting to get problems with my skin only now that I am nearing 40, before all was great. I am afraid that steroids are often the only answer but they do not help the rosacea and any issues to do with bacteria. Ah, of course I got a badly inflamed and swollen, flaking eyelid after getting my lashes done. For a while I am ok but cannot keep the lashes on, then I start getting used to them but my allergies come out more. Maybe I will just go lashless.:))) If people do not like me without them, so be it, I am anyhow coming to terms with not being the same as I was even three years ago. At 35 I looked 28 but now having gained some weight and other issues starting to show a bit I feel that I look so old, I could be wrong of course and it may have to do with my lack of self esteem as I do not see others treating me any differently and in fact people still compliment men but you see self esteem is not about how others perceive you but about how you perceive yourself.

In my case this marriage issue, I totally see your points Missy but perhaps I will give you some background to understand it is not so easy. feel that I have become much wiser in the last three years of my life too. I have more patience, before I used to be pretty hotheaded, problems is almost all of my romantic relationships have had abuse present in them, this of course undermined my self esteem badly and I think that sometimes others recognize and pray on the victim. In the US, my ex was imprisoned. Nuf said. I did not want another relationship for about five years. He tried to make everything right on a personal level even though I left but I really had to completely and absolutely break off from him to try to heal. He cheated too. Then my ex fiancee that I broke up with two years ago left me in the hospital after a miscarriage and yes he cheated on me as well, he was apparently too scared of having a kid. He never even talked to me again. Ok but the way it happened after I trusted someone completely finally was really shocking. He wrote me texts two years later that made it seem he wanted me back as a lover, like what? That was the time during which I lost my grandma and two of my cats. I understand you Marcy completely that you were not able to concentrate on books, I felt the same way. I also had to see other people, friends, etc. but could not concentrate. It took me more than a year to feel halfway normal again. It was the worst betrayal of my life.

What was very healing to me is having goals and studying, you cannot study if you are not concentrating and if I want to study I have to concentrate, that helped me a great deal. I also went on dating like crazy, this was not normal and I did not need that, it did not help anyhow that much but perhaps my self esteem needed that. People around me all thought I was so normal and doing great and had no idea how much I was hurting thinking it would never get better. What did help me was an unusual form of counseling with soothing massages, writing journals, sometimes pages and pages of letters writing out what I felt anytime of the day when I felt bad. Another thing my mom has always told me and has helped me in the past was to go walking with a person and let them go, perhaps this helps after the death of a person too, you go walking with them and imagine letting them fly into the air like baloons. It may sound strange but I do think a long imaginary walk like this can help.

In school I met this guy that I really liked and thought he was so was very nice, he was just a sensitive, nice guy, he was the one that I married. It later turned out that he had a lot of problems that caused terrible stress in him which turned into abuse. So, while it has gotten better, the abuse has not completely gone away and having the life experiences I now have, I do not believe in patterns of abuse changing. It may be 90 % better now but where is the trust in the other person and that they will not turn into a monster again. Yet, it is practically impossible for me to break off now as we work together too among others but can I be blamed for feeling that perhaps I cannot love another person who has turned from Mr. Supernice and sensitive to a monster? Even if he did make some changes. I know that I can be very dominant and have a strong will, still it was not a reason for him acting the way he did.

I have resigned to the fact that I am almost 39 and will likely never have kids. I am not even sure I want to have kids but my family is on me about this all the time. Difficult family, another story. Ok, now I have been a very bad girl Missy, wanted to try to explain the situation to you and I do hope that more people will speak up about their experiences in their lives. I thank you for listening and not minding Missy but I would also love to listen more, as much as possible and be there for you girls. I am finished with my story and definitely do not want to bother anyone with it. Having seen quite a bit in life and having tried to run away a lot, I am not sure running away now is the answer.

I do hope that you are feeling better now Marcy, healing does take time but having a loving husband certainly helps a lot. You are not alone as we are here too, if you need to share your feelings please do. Otherwise, yes find peace in doing any activities that help you heal, if it means you shop more now and can do, then do it by all means. Go to massages, beauty salons, or whatever else relaxes you. Or go walking, etc. it is different for everyone. To me it is mostly my jewelry and gems and studying but massages, beauty salons, shopping, nice coffee and of course my babies, my animals. What is really hard is when you cannot do your normal activities Missy but try to find others that you love and of course you should shop and do other things you love too to help your healing. Hope the pain is ok today and you slept well.

Hugs to you all.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm sorry you are now having to deal with this skin issue on top of everything else. I completely understand how hard this must be to deal with especially because you have beautiful skin. It depressing to have something else to worry about. Do you think a large part of it is due to the weather changes. A good friend of mine used to have similar problems every year around this time. The itching used to drive her crazy. If your not seeing an improvement later in the week I would call you doctor back. Also do you think it's really noticeable to others. Are you afraid to use anything to cover it up due to risking further irritation? My niece normally has gorgeous skin and had been having many issues since late last summer. She found some make up that did a great job of covering it up which she said did wonders for her self esteem. She has also been to the dermatologists office many times the past few months and has been depressed about it. I wish I could do more to help you. Don't feel bad about saying how you feel. If you haven't noticed it seems we are all dealing with one thing or another lately. We will help you thru all of this. I promise Missy, everything will get better again. What you have had to endure these past few months would test anyone!

Thank you so much for your advice and kindness the past few days everyone. It has helped me more than you could possibly know.

Marcy, I used to handle all the company credit cards for the company I used to work for. Ask Marty to contact the credit card admistrator at his company. They can increase the limit on his card at any time . I used to do this from my home in the evenings and weekends as well. This is not uncommon to do for employees who travel internationally. His boss would probably just have to approve it. Once he receives his expense report payment they can lower his monthly limits again. I did this for people at least 5 times a week. I seriously doubt the company expects you to cover his business travel. He also needs to contact his accounting dept. to find out what is holding up him being reimbursed for his expense reports. In emergency situations I was always told to use my best judgement. If I could not get a hold of the department head and knew the person was traveling for business I was told to just go ahead and increase the limit of their company credit card. It would seem to me with the amount of travel Marty does this would pretty much be a no brainier. The company had everything set up so I could do everything remotely and did not even have to contact the credit card company. It literally took 3 minutes to handle.

I'm sorry you are dealing with the loss of your parents. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you. Hugs. Please be good to yourself.

OVincze, You are one strong woman. You have so much going for you. Give yourself some time to figure out what will make you happy in your romantic life. I believe most marriages go thru rough times at some point. It will become clear to you whether this relationship is good for you or not. I also feel like you do that abusive people rarely change. You deserve to be with someone who truly loves, respects and cares for you. If you find yourself falling for the same type of person or being in an unhealthy relationship, perhaps a good therapist could help. I found in my early twenties, I stayed in a few relationships longer than I should have and therapy really help me figure things out. My life wasn't a picnic for most of my 20's and the one thing I found was what doesn't kill you really does make you stronger. Like you, people who met me in my thirties would never have believed I'd been through some of what I went thru.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1415554243|3780159 said:
missy|1415541473|3780080 said:
My ankle/toe are about the same. Same old song and dance and hopefully one day I can say I am walking well without pain but it is a slow process and right now as you might read in my post to Ovi I have other issues taking the spotlight off my leg if you can believe it. Right now I feel like crawling into a corner away from the world and just staying there until my life gets back to some semblance of my old normal. I hate this cold weather because I think it is exacerbating my skin symptoms.

I lied when I said I only cared about marcy's earrings, missy. I care about your health, too. I am ever so sorry to hear that you now are having skin problems as well as continuing to recuperate from your orthopedic surgery. What are you doing for your skin? What is your history? I bet you have written about this already, so please do not feel you have to write it all again. I just wonder if I can find all the information easily. So if you can give me a brief synopsis, I would appreciate it. I will try not to make inane suggestions. I will assume that others have already hashed the matter out with you earlier in the thread.

Love,
Deb
(((missy)))

Dear Deb, thank you for all your support and love.

My dermatologic history is as follows. Perfect skin till around age 40 and then rosacea consisting of mainly flushing and burning on the face and papules which were finally controlled after Oracea (med) and laser. I stopped laser after a couple of years as it was too invasive and the down time too great and the relief not enough.

I had to stop Oracea this past winter (after taking it for about 8 years) due to my esophagitis and my derm and others believe the Oracea could have been the catalyst for all my symptoms this past winter/spring. Miraculously though I had no skin problems after initially stopping the Oracea till just these last few weeks when something new occurred on my face. Sebhorreic dermatitis. Never had that before on my face.

I went to my derm last Tuesday and he prescribed Xolegel for application during the day and Elidel for evening application. As insurances don't cover Elidel he gave me 2 samples to try before I buy it. Kelinas warned me against using it due to cancer concerns so I have not yet tried the Elidel. The Xolegel is not helping at all and my face does not only have patchy red bumpy areas (which is bad enough) but it is itchy and irritated and constantly so.

Now I am at a loss as to what to do and I do think it has to do with the weather change but I have no clue if it will get less as time goes on or will continue to worsen. I am worse now than last week when I saw my dermatologist so that is not a good sign. My face is so irritated I cannot take it. I even applied an expired steroid topically for some relief but nothing but it is expired. I am thinking of texting/emailing my derm for a steroid prescription but know that is a bad idea because while it may quiet the seb derm as soon as I stop it will flare even more so trying to resist that urge.

There is no cure for seb derm and no treatment that works in controlling it for all. My derm prescribed the meds that usually work best for the majority of sufferers but given my history of ultra sensitive skin I usually cannot tolerate topical meds of any kind and that is why when diagnosed with rosacea all those years ago I finally had to go on Oracea instead of a topical because all topicals made my skin worse.

That was as succinct as I could make it lol. Sorry and thanks for your concern and help Deb. (((Hugs))) to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Marcy, I hope you slept well. How are you enjoying your beautiful new earrings? They are really knockouts. :love: Has Marty seen them yet and what does he think? Your sister is very lucky to have your previous earrings. I wish my sister was into jewelry but she is not though my mom is planning to give my sister her engagement ring in the will because I got the black opal. That's fine with me but it would be great if she shared my love of jewelry. Oh well.

It's amazing your parents were married for 65 years. That's truly a lifetime and how fortunate they had each other and such a solid relationship. I do believe one can die of a broken heart for sure and I even think there are studies backing that info up to some degree. How wonderful you had such loving parents who had an amazing marriage. And it seems you have that with Marty too!

Enjoy the earrings and have a great day!

Ovi, how are you today? Thank you for giving us more background and I agree that an abusive person doesn't easily change their abusive ways. I hope you find some clarity to the questions you seek and as Callie writes you deserve only the best and to be with someone who loves, encourages and supports you in all ways. I wish you only the best and I know no matter what you will be OK but want you to never just settle or give up. You deserve more Ovi and again feel free to ignore my thoughts as I don't know the whole story and am not inside your relationship. Only you know the true facts and whole story. Just know I am here for you always willing to listen and comfort you in whatever way I can. It does sound like you have a fulfilling life in so many ways and for that I am very glad. Big (((hugs))).

Callie, thank you. I feel like a broken record in that there is always something this year so far. And while I know it may be impossible to understand in some ways this skin issue is worse than my broken leg. My face is so irritated and itchy and red. Very obvious to anyone. I try covering it with dermablend which is what I use when my rosacea acts up but since this is bumpy it is impossible to make it disappear under even the most comprehensive makeup such as dermablend.

This week Wed I have an all day online webinar to do for work so I switched my Wed PT to Tuesday afternoon so I have PT this morning and tomorrow afternoon and then Friday. I am apprehensive about the webinar as I never did one and I didn't get to do the online background training as it wasn't compatible with Mac computers (I am assured the webinar is however). So I feel I might be missing important info to be able to understand and help during the webinar as I am supposed to help design the template for my specialty.

Anyway it is a full week and I wish so badly my skin issues would just quiet down so I could think clearly without that extra noise. Sometimes I feel I am not going to make it through the year. I know that sounds crazy and I am sorry to bring anyone down with these thoughts but I am feeling depressed and tired of all the issues I have been dealing with for all these months. Is life just going to be like this for me from now one-one problem after another with no break in the action, no peace except what I can scrounge up internally? I don't have much energy left anymore. That's how I feel right now.

Have a good day dear Callie and as always thank you for listening and for all your warm support and encouragement.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Sweetheart it's not always going to be like this. I promise you it will get better, you will get thru this. My 26 year of life was horrendous. I really believe we all have years like this and we all feel exactly like you are feeling when we are going thru them. It's going to pass. You will feel like you again. You will be happy again. Hang in there and keep talking about how your feeling. If you can talk about it, you can get through anything. One thing I can promise when things come up later in your life you will think back on this time and realize how strong you are. You are so strong! We just have to get you past all of this.

Don't stress to much about the webinar. Attend the meeting and contribute as much as you can. Others in the meeting will help you understand the areas you are not familiar with. In the whole scheme of things, dont let this get you down. It sounds like for the most part this is something new to the company you work for. If that's the case, it will probably be a work in progress.

I would also be stressed about the skin issue. Has this happened in past years or is this the first time it has been this bad? Did your doctor seem to think this was something different that you gave experienced in the past. Could you have developed an allergy to your soap or skin products you have been using. It's not uncommon to all of a sudden develop any allergy to something you have used for years with no problems. Does your laundry detergent have fragrance added? I'm only throwing things out there because it could be a combination of a lot of different things added to the the skin condition you have had in the past. Did you ask your doctor about trying a cortisone cream to try to calm the area if your skin down? It may take a few trips to the doctor to get to the bottom of what's going on. MAC cosmetics has a heavier concealer that works well at hiding problems. My niece thought their product worked the best and she also had lots of bumps and said it helped them to be less noticeable. Her girlfriend also swears by this product now. I tried to buy her another bottle at Nordstrom yesterday. The sales girl dropped the bottle when she was ringing it up and it was the last bottle they had in the color she needed. I'm going to order it on line for her. I've also been blessed with good skin. I'd be feeling exactly like you are right now. So vent to me all you want. I'm not going anywhere. What do you think is causing this all of a sudden? Your skin was fine a few months ago right?

Marcy, Your parents marriage sounds like my mom and stepfather. I have worried for years what will happen if one of them passed. I watched my sister in laws parents pass away less then a month of each other and we all think it was a broken heart. Her dad did not want to live without her mom. She lost her mom and her dad got a cold that progressed to pneumonia. He passed away less than 4 weeks after her mom died. The only comfort was they were together.

I never made it to jewelry store this weekend. I was going to go in Saturday but my dermatoligst appointment ran longer than expected. I'm planning on going later this week. I bought a Tory Burch bag yesterday. I was having a hard time deciding between two bags. I now think I bought the wrong one. No big deal its returnable. They just opened a Tory Burch store at a nearby mall. I can't find the bag I purchased online anywhere which is kind of strange. I really wanted your opinion. My husband wanted to leave the mall and get dinner. I'm trying to decided between purses and he says " just buy them both , Merry Christmas" Men!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm sorry I just now read your reply to Deb. This sounds like what my niece has. Hers started in late September. She told me that everything she has been prescribed has made the situation worse, the skin gets drier and flakier in the affected area and she said the bumps got worse as well. The itching was driving her crazy. I have no idea what prescription creams the dermatoligst prescribed for her. She has stopped using everything and it has gotten somewhat better. She is now using Basis soap for sensitive skin and nothing else. She said as long as the concealer can hide most if it she is going to not do anything for a few weeks and see if it improves. Her biggest complaint was everything she has used has made it worse. I had suggested the Basis soap because that had worked wonders when I had my skin allergies and I have used it ever since.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, thanks so much for your advice and encouragement and all your support. You always make me feel better no matter how down I am and I want you to know that and how much I appreciate that.

I am trying a different treatment right now and hoping it helps at least a bit. Raw unfiltered unheated honey masks applied to my face for 3 hours. Just started and will do a honey mask for 3 hours every other day. It's a natural treatment that has proven successful to some degree for many seb derm sufferers. Perhaps your niece would be interested in it. It sounds like we have ultra sensitive skin in common and I hope she is doing well. It is even harder for her as she is so young. At least I was fortunate in that I had flawless skin till 40 so hard to feel sorry for me.

I am almost finished with the 3 hour mask today and will see how it goes. It might get worse in the first week but then hoping it gets better. And I hope I can continue with it and not give up if it gets worse but not sure how much worsening I can handle.

Exciting news-I just ordered the Pilates Allegro Reformer from Balanced Body. I got Greg's OK and just got off the phone with the salesperson from BB. They had a special through Costco and I just had to order the legs separately to life it off the ground as there is no way I can do a Reformer that low to the ground. I am not that flexible or stable yet lol.

I am sorry you did not get to the jewelry store opening but there is plenty of time and now you can look forward to attending the opening next weekend or sometime soon. I hope your derm appointment went well.

Victor was wearing the shirt today that we got him for Halloween with Frankie's patch on it so we took a pic and with his OK here he is...can you see Francesca on our shirts...she's so sweet. Please excuse my ugly mug but you already know the back story. And wow, the sports bra really mushes my girls together lol. I was in a weird contorted position because I was having electrical stimulation of my toe in this pic so my leg was stretched out to the side. Next time I will have to get a pic of that. Looks like a torture device haha.

victorandmissywithmatchingfrancescalogos.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, You look beautiful and so young!!! You look like you are in your late 20's. You skin also looks flawless in the photo. Don't worry, I believe you when you say it doesn't right now. I'm going to see my niece later in the week. If she is still as unhappy with her skin as she was last week I may need the recipe for the mask you are using. Let's hope this does the trick and everything calms down.

I'm so excited you we're able to purchase the Pilates reformer you wanted. I tend to agree it was well worth it to purchase a new one.

The Frankie shirts are so cute! That was a great idea to have them made.

I've been stuck at home all day today. My dog was sick this morning so I'm kind of afraid to leave her alone. She is eating so I hope she's starting to feel better.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Girls, I do not have a lot of time to write tonight because I worked very late and now must hit it but I wanted to say hello and also upon reading your post wanted to hug you over the net Missy and say please, please, please, do not feel so down! That scares me and believe me I know it sucks but trust me this depression will get better and we all get depressed from time to time especially when there is a valid reason. I hope you are not seriously thinking that your life makes no sense, I mean look you have a great family, kitty kiddies to take care of who love you, your husband, your parents, many friends including us! But do vent when you need to, I did the same. Life can truly suck and this must be a very trying, challenging situation as for an active person like you, and trust me I would feel the same way, there is nothing worse than almost always being stuck home, sometimes it is nice but not always. Yet it is your home, not prison and you are making great progress! Also, you surely look great, young, very pretty person inside and out and actually you do glow like you are really healing. Do something that makes you feel better please. Keep us posted, ok?

Callie, I hope your dog is better, what is wrong? Promise that I will check in tomorrow. Surely, it is something transient, Sapphie is all better now too, will go see the kitties and then go to sleep now since I have to get up early but will read all updates and respond to whatever I missed tonight.

BIG HUGS to you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie and Ovi, thank you guys so much for being here for me. I am sorry I have been such a downer lately.

Callie, I hope your sweet doggie is feeling better now. What's wrong and how is she doing? Please hug and kiss her from me and I am sending healing dust her way.

This link is for your niece just in case it might be helpful to her.
http://www.liveallergyfree.com.au/2010/05/26/seborrheic-dermatitis-–-natural-honey-treatment/

Ovi, you are so sweet and I know you are right in that I have too much to live for to let this get me down. I am just overwhelmed with everything. I thought finally progress and the challenging part is behind me but there is so much more to conquer and this new skin issue is just so frustrating. Constant itching and discomfort and redness. Ugh. I am hoping this honey mask works.

I am very glad Sapphie is feeling all better. Get a good night's sleep and give all your fur babies hugs and kisses from their Aunt Missy. Big hugs to you too.

ETA: CALLIE! I forgot to ask you about your Tory Burch bags. Which ones are you deciding between or have you decided to keep them both lol. Post the pics and describe them so we can see which one is best for you. I just got a Tory Burch crossbody as you might remember and love it. Great quality.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thatnks Missy and OVincze for asking about my baby. She woke us this morning and within 5 minutes started throwing up a lot. I have been worried all day because she had gotten a hold of something two years ago and didn't eat or drink for 4 days. We had to bring her in for intervienuous treatments daily and some days she was there twice a day. She ate this morning afterward so I've been watching her. She did nothing but slept on my lap today and is starting to act like her self a little bit more this past hour. If she gets sick again we are going to the vet. The vet told me last time she was there that as long as she's eating to just give it a day. Appearantly dogs get little flu like bugs like we do.

I've had my eye on the Tory Burch Robinson Triple Zip bag but walked into the Tory Burch store and fell in love with a smaller bag. It's not really practical but I loved it. It would be great for just going out but not as an everyday bag. The one I went into buy is a everyday bag. I only bought small bag. So I will either just go ahead and get the one I originally went in to buy and take the other one back. Or just go back and buy the one I originally wanted and keep them both. I also like the Robinson two zip bag but it's pretty exposed and I hate not being able to close a purse completely. I always worry about some stealing something out of it. Especially when walking downtown or in airports. The name of the smaller bag is Robin Bowler

Thank you for the mask recipe. I'm going to give it to my niece. It's certainly is worth a try.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy!

I love the picture of your and Victor. You look beautiful! Very cool you gave Victor a shirt with Francesca on it. How exciting about ordering your Pilates machine.

How are you today? I hate to hear your skin is worse than last week when you save the dermatologist. Is this bitter cold hitting your part of the country too? I wonder if some of your pain meds could be triggering some of this for you? In my really “itchy” days I would wake up with claw marks on my face, hands and arms because I was scratching myself in my sleep. I started wrapped my hands up in the sheets so I couldn’t do that. I find cream or spray Benadryl help me but it sounds like those kinds of things don’t work for you. Does Calamine lotion help?

You do have a very busy week. Good luck with the webinar. You certainly have reason to feel down with all the issues you’ve been dealing with the last few months. You seem to be determined and strong to continue working to get better though. I am sure you are at the point of “What now?” when something else comes along. We are here to listen and offer unsolicited advice. And send you BIG HUGS!!!!

I am enjoying my earrings. I did send Marty a picture from my phone when I first opened my earring box. He likes watches, as much as I like jewelry so we act interested in what the other one thinks is cool. My sister likes jewelry but usually doesn’t spend money on it. She was going to buy a .75 ctw pair which was going to cost about the same as what I paid for the .92 ctw pair a few years ago so she got a bargain. Marty and I had them bring out every pair of studs in the store that day and even though they aren’t certified they are very nice diamonds. She’s happy.

So you have the black opal already? Post pictures please. That sounds gorgeous.

My parents were 2 amazing people. They had so many friends that thought the world of them too. My dad always called my mom his sidekick and he couldn’t do anything without her by his side. I know he wasn’t sleeping well or eating much after she was gone but he kept snow machining, shoveling, doing yard work, going around to see and help his buddies. He was a busy guy. They gave me a very solid, stable life growing up and yes I consider myself lucky and blessed to find a good guy like Marty. My dad didn’t like him for years (he probably wasn’t good enough for his youngest daughter) but my mom adored Marty. She knew he spoiled me rotten.

All your hard work at PT inspired me. I started my leg lifts for my knees tonight. I only did 30 warm-ups then 20 reps for starters but hey it is a start. My left knee is NOT a happy camper.

Ovi is right your thread has evolved in to a group chat. But we come here to see how you are doing and cheer on all your amazing progress. I hope you don’t mind.

Ovi, reading your experiences about your relationships makes me angry at those men who took such advantage of you and treated you so poorly. No matter what is going on with them you never deserve to be mistreated or abused. It’s good your husband has changed for the better but I can see where that trust can never be replaced with confidence his abusive ways won’t come back. I wish I had something wise or comforting to say but it’s something I’ve never experienced so I can’t say what I’d do. As Calliecake and Missy said you deserve the very best life has to offer.

I am sorry about your grandma. You sound very close to her. I would say it took me about a year to finally start coming back around after my mom’s death. I think by next spring I’ll be better since it will be a year since my dad died. I like your writing idea to just put down your thoughts. I did that off and on for a while but I found it made me cry a lot. I probably needed it though. The talking a walk with them and letting them go is a nice idea. I actually was with my mom when she passed away and I’d read that in the hospice booklet to tell them it’s okay for them to go and I did that morning. I was in total denial about my dad for months, I thought he was on a trip somewhere and would be back soon. As Marty said though I should focus on celebrating their life; they honestly did more things in their lives than most people ever dreamed of doing. They traveled and were active their entire 65 years of marriage.

Calliecake, thank you for the advice on Marty’s credit card for work. Generally he doesn’t travel as much or as long as he has this fall but it can add it really fast. His limit right now is $15,000 and that includes his plane tickets. His company is really good about reimbursing him and I generally get it within about 5 to 7 days after it’s approved. Yes, the past 15 months have been the hardest time of my life. I try to let myself grieve but also work on dealing with it as well. Thanks for the hugs. I am glad you mom and stepfather has such a close marriage. Your SIL’s parents do sound like mine. It was heartbreaking to see how torn up and sad my dad was. That was exactly what all of the family and friends said was at least they were together again. The last slide I put in my dad’s photo slide show was the two of them walking away, hold hands. You read online when long time married couples pass away within hours of each other. Definitely a broken heart can only help but play a big part in that. Rats that you didn’t make it to the jewelry store but shopping for a new purse is always fun as well. I hope your dog is doing better.

The polar vortex hit fast and ugly here this morning. I crested the hill on my way to work overlooking the city and could see of cloud of snow. It was sleet, rainy on my way to work so naturally it was nice and wet before the temps dropped and everything froze. Coming home was not fun. It’s twilight when I’m driving home and I hate that low contrast on bad roads. Ugh. I drove slow and kept going. We are expecting about 6 inches by Wednesday. Hopefully it is too cold to snow.

Thanks for all the support and advice her, ladies. We are all a little battered and bruised but we are fighters and keep going back for more! Life is good. Mostly.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results