carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see one VERY fresh kitty!

Just finished House of Cards, season 4. ugh.

Off to the derm. Full report later.
bling on NIRDIs!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there everyone!

Missy, I'm sorry you didn't get any answers about your tooth pain :(sad I'm glad to hear it seems to be fading, I'm hoping it disappears as mysteriously as it started. :pray:

I hope you're enjoying your new hair color! It does look really pretty and It's fun to change things up a little once in a while.

Aren't you loving these warmer temps? :appl: I feel my spirits lifting along with the temperature haha!

Love the kitty pics! :love: Too cute! So sweet to see them all cozy and cuddly.

Scandinavian, your ruby pieces are really beautiful! :love: The necklace is gorgeous and I love the meaning behind it. I'm a halo kind of gal and I love the heart ring…and your watch is gorgeous! :clap:

I'm sending lots of good thoughts that your lecture goes well. I'm sure you'll do fine but just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you!

It's wonderful that you've been able to experience so many aspects of China. The nature it has to offer does sound amazing. I actually did get a chance to visit Shanghai a few years ago. I attended a business function with dh and was there for about 5 days. Unfortunately I didn't handle the time change/jet lag well at all and felt nauseous and disoriented the entire time I was there. I only averaged 3 hours of sleep and that was with Ambien! I'm glad I got the opportunity to see another part of the world and experience a different culture but I don't think I'm cut out for such long trips. You are so right when you describe Shanghai as a cartoon city - lots of colored lights and very unusual buildings lol. Here's a pic of the view from our hotel -

I've never been to France but would love to visit someday. It's a long trip but not as far as China so maybe I'll handle things a little better lol. Love the pics of Istanbul, wow, such amazing and beautiful architecture! :love:

Marcy, I'm glad Marty got a chance to play golf, what a treat for him. Yes, we watched the Cadillac championship. Adam Scott has been playing really well recently. I'm looking forward to the Masters. I hope work is going ok and not driving you too crazy. I'm glad the pizza turned out well even though Marty had to improvise. Yeah, I'm with you, these days my favorite things to do are being online and reading!

Jimmianne, good luck with the French lessons! I'm glad your instructor is motivating you by talking about France lol. Fingers crossed the HOV doesn't get wind of the kitty pen. Can't wait to see your earrings!

Kristie, love love love your ring! :love: Those rubies are yummy! You must feel such joy wearing this beauty.

Callie, thinking of you and sending love and hugs.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

img_11004.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, I was thinking about Easter today too. I need to make plans for that day because Marty made us a cinnamon stew last year that I HATED!!! I will be proactive on that this year. Ha! My orange hair was something and bleaching it out was so hard on my hair it made it really brittle. Then as it grew in my dark blonde hair looked awful with it. But the beauty with hair is that it always grows out. You have certainly traveled a lot of cool places. Neat!

Jimmianne, I love the ring for Marty and of course you are teasing me with a pear. I was contemplating today getting pear dangle earrings and pendant in sapphire instead of diamond. Let’s face it; I want it ALL!!! Marty said he didn’t want that ring either. I bet he’d like that in a watch. Did your dangles arrive? I hope the derm appointment went well. Bling on - that’s great.

Missy, I should make an effort to dry my hair on our deck. Just a little sun really lightens it up. I could paint my nails while I am out there. The snapped in half umbrella won’t block any sunlight either. I think your hair looks good either way; it’s fun to try different color and styles. I will see if House of Cards is on my HBO app we aren’t on Netflix. I want to see if I like it. Do you remember Soap? My boss and I are on the same TV account at work and he has been recording Soap so I was listening to some of those today. Such a funny show. I am glad you’ll be getting some nice warm weather too. It’s time to get those bikes ready for the season, huh? That’s great to hear Greg enjoys teaching that class. I miss my students. I am glad to hear your tooth is feeling a bit better. When they were going to do my root canal they gave me penicillin to clear up any infection first - its didn’t help my tooth pain but for the first time in decades I could breathe. I am always joking around with my dentist when I’m in there that I need more penicillin. I absolutely love the cats picture from this morning. They look like they are leading a life of leisure.

Kristie, how are you? How are Bob, Maggie and Finn?

Junebug, beautiful picture of Shanghai. Marty was in Hong Kong quite a bit and loves it there. I am looking forward to the Masters as well. It’s funny how much I like to watch golf. Catching up with my PS friends and reading are my favorite hobbies these days.

Marty was excited he got to help work on a new project today. It’s in India. He doubts he’ll get to go there though.

Work was such a joy today. My new employee just went on call for the first time and got paged at about 5 am. When I got to work I researched what the problem was and found out my “team leader” who isn’t living up to expectations had done something wrong. I got that fixed and waited for my team to show up at 8. Two of them were late which was one of the things I wanted to talk to them about. Also about 10 last night I had to dial in and fix something for this morning because my team did an update wrong.

My morning meeting then was you need to get to work on time or you might get written up. I pointed out being late is not very smart because if you do make a mistake and are in trouble for something they have 2 strikes against you.

Then I moved on to all these errors on updates and how do we fix them. Of course the deflectors immediately went to it was everyone and everything else’s fault. I relayed what they said to my boss is ready to tell them suck it up buttercup, improve or look for a new job.

Then we were expecting a big change next Wednesday so we dumped something like 350 records, my boss rebuilt our schedule builder for the upcoming changes and corporate screwed up and the changes aren’t coming until the week after. Now my boss has to go back and rebuild the schedule builder then we have to rebuild those 350 events and then he’ll have to go change the builder again. All of this is keeping my team from catching up and doing their work. Joy!

Marty grilled dead animal on the grill for supper and some oven veggies.

Take care.
Marcy

img_11005.jpg

_36626.jpg

_36627.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
You are my favourite "newspaper" in the morning with my coffee before starting my actual work, haha :)
Just a quick update from me today - have to get ready to pretend being a professor in just a couple of hours.
Hope everything goes ok - a bit stressed - I'm not as well prepared as I like to be / normally am, because of to much actual work. When I say yes to these kind of things, they always seems so far away. But then, all of a sudden, there they are! Surprise!!! LOL

I love my "new" ring though. How long does it stay "new"? I've never had a big diamond before, so keep staring at it, lol.
Think I might schedule an appointment with a dermatologist also. My skin loves to become red. Don't think it is rosacea though, because it is my whole face, not just areas. So probably just my generally rather fair complexion, lol, but can't hurt to check to see if there might be some remedies to avoid the make-up. So sick of wearing make-up all the time. Also, I want to "zapp" away a few very small veins at the side of my nose. Don't think they show much, but I see them when I stare at them in the mirror, lol.

Missy, you are quite right that coffee is good no matter what temperature. Especially in the morning. And mid day. And afternoon. And evening. LOL. I drink too much coffee, especially at work. Typing can be boring, so the coffee is keeping me company, lol.

Re speaking in public, I had to get used to it at school. But sometimes it is still a bit stressful. Especially before I start. Usually gets better after a few minutes, lol. This one is difficult though, because the students are at last year of a master study that requires some years of work after their first master (its a tax master building on a law master), so they are really good and have a lot of good questions.
Your kitties are SO SWEET!! Thank you for sharing :)

I do recommend Istanbul, we stayed at the original Orient express hotell, so beautiful. Would not have been surprised at all if Hercule Poirot came walking into the restaurant, so Agatha Christie in style.

But above all, I do recommend Scandinavia if traveling to Europe. Much less touristy, and the best nature in Europe. Not very exiting cities maybe, they are just quite small, so charming but done in a day or two. On the plus side, hiring a car will enable you to see at lot of different places :)

Jimmianne: Hope the derm appointment went well!

Junebug: So sorry you did not get to enjoy Shanghai! I'm very lucky I guess, my body doesn't care about time zones. I just try to arrive in the morning, and by evening I'll be tired and fall asleep not matter what, when and where, lol. Please don't give up on China if you have a second chance, there are so many wonderful things to see there. But perhaps Europe would be better? :) France and Italy are both really nice. The people in Italy (and Greece!) are a bit warmer than the French maybe. That picture is so nice! Just like I remember it :)

Marcy: My husband likes to travel, so I try to arrange a holiday as a birthday present for him each year. Not always, but most years, sometimes a little difficult with babysitter etc. We try to make it a long weekend without the children :) This year: Edinburg :)
I love reading your work descriptions. Sorry. But it really made my day today, lol. I hope you see the humor in it. Perhaps easier in a few weeks time, lol.
Cinnamon stew sounds like a challenge.. We normally have leg of lamb for Easter. Just cook it in the oven at low temperature (60C) for the whole day, and then put it on the grill for a nice crispy finish with a bit of smoky flavour. It is a tradition here with lamb for Easter.
I love your pictures! I would love to go to some of your national parks one day. US and Canada are on our to-do list, have only been to NYC - such a shame! After reading too much Donald Duck when I was a child, I still dream of seing Key West. (There is a story with the train and pelikans, lol).

Goooooood day to you all - S

EDIT: just read the giant rabbit thread. I WANT ONE! How totally adorable! I've never seen one before. But first I need to persuade my husband to let me get another dog... LOL

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My little everything :love:

20160306_132333_1_.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, beautiful photo of Shanghai. I am sorry you were ill when you were visiting Shanghai. My BIL and SIL lived there for 5 plus years or so when they were younger and in fact adopted 2 little girls (a few years apart) from China. From 2 different regions. However at the time they adopted my nieces my BIL and SIL were living in the USA and went back for each adoption.

Yes I am enjoying this warmer mild weather. Greg came home very early yesterday so we could go for a walk however by that time it got much chillier and windier so we decided not to. Today and tomorrow it is supposed to hit 75! Time for cycling soon!

Enjoy the rest of the week and the milder temps Junie. Remember we turn clocks ahead this Saturday night/Sunday morning so while we lose an hour of sleep we gain an hour of daylight. Woohoo. :appl:

Marcy, I love the pics you shared. So pretty. Marty playing golf at Pebble Beach looks so relaxing and the photos of Glacier Park just beautiful. Sorry work was a fiasco and you had to fix your employees messes several times. And then some of them had the audacity to arrive late on top of all of that. Oy. Glad you told it to them straight. They need to shape up and be more careful and more professional. I do remember SOAP and loved it. Hysterical. Thanks for reminding me about that show. I wonder if I can find it. We don't have Hulu or anything besides Cable and Netflix and I would love to watch it again. Billy Crystal and all the rest of the stars were so funny in that show. I hope you can find House of Cards but even if you cannot find it now it is sure to come to cable or tv sooner or later.

Hope work goes more smoothly today and that you had a good night's sleep to prepare you for anything that might come your way.

Scandinavian, Haha yes I feel the same way catching up on NIRDI news *is* my favorite newspaper too. :lol:
Please be careful. Since your skin is sensitive it may overreact to any laser you choose to do so just proceed carefully but I know you will anyway. Since your skin is sensitive perhaps try products with fewer and less harsh ingredients to see if your skin likes it better? I remember you saying your skin is dry. Have you ever tried La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra? It has very few and very mild ingredients. I also love Avene Cicalfate. Just throwing those suggestions out there in case they may be helpful to you.

Love your latest fur baby photo!

Good luck today at your lecture. I know you will do a wonderful job Professor Scandinavian!

Jimmianne, hope your dermatology appointment went well yesterday. I have one next Tuesday but unfortunately I am going to probably skip it though I am already regretting that decision I feel I have little choice. We have the St Patrick's Day Pub Crawl next Thursday and it takes weeks and weeks for my face to recover after I see my dermatologist so I think I need to skip it. Unfortunately my derm is out of town the rest of the month so will not be able to see him till the mid/end of April. But I want to look my best at the Pub Crawl yanno? Oh I just don't know for sure what to do. I love the St Patty's Day Pub Crawl and this will be my 17th year in a row of attending with Greg. All his (and now my) friends from BC and elsewhere will be there and many we only see at the yearly March 17th celebration. Anyway I digress again. Hope you had a good result/visit with your dermatologist yesterday and that your dangles arrive soon!

Have a good day girls. Today is my Monday. But tomorrow is my Friday so it's all good. :halo: :wavey:

Adding a photo of a friend and me at the St Patty's Day Pub Crawl from 2012. Can you believe how much shorter my hair is? Wow I guess it really does grow. I look so much younger only 4 years ago. ::)

varcandmissystpattys2012.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beware...rant ahead....
Dermatologist was not helpful at all. Hardly looked at my skin - sat across the room with arms folded. Would only give an Rx for a pill where you have to have blood monitoring.
Don't you hate it when you get a doctor who doesn't quite connect? When I told her that even my piercings were flaring she said in effect that I should not have pierced my ears. [ I pierced my ears...myself!... in 7th grade and never had a problem until now].
The whole conversation was like that. When I asked for a topical to relieve the itching she said that was not a good option because it would be temporary [!] and recommended Blue Light Therapy instead.
It was like a trip to a surreal planet.
I told her she had not been helpful at all and walked out.
I decided to love myself the way I am and get on with the business of being productive and happy. I do have an OK derm who will work with me, so I will go back to him if I ever get fed up again.
Fortunately I have my Mom as a role model. She did everything known to man to maintain perfect skin and it made her no happier LOL

glad I didn't write about this last night...the rant would have been twice as long!

Juneb.
I have the same experience with major travel - feeling totally unbalanced & ill from jet lag & travel stress the entire time. I think we should research ways to combat that because surely it is a PAIN. BUT we did get to see all the wonderful sights! :dance:
I love the photo. Such a beautiful view of the city. Do you take a lot of photos? Would love to see more from your travels.

No Dangles Yet. March 15th shipping date. This is taking a long time! Too much Time - - - Time to get in trouble!
I am loving that asscher Grace is about to put up for sale and watch the new additions all day to see what the specs are.

Be well, all.
back later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you Jimmianne. I'm sorry you are dealing with some crappy issues right now and I am thinking of you. <3

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls :)
Just had to tell you that I survived that whole professor thing! Thank you for all your good thoughts and comments. So to Missy's question in another thread - is PS real - maybe not PS (more info thingy) and maybe not all the discussions - although interesting ! - but the people here sure are real! And you are all so nice and so helpful and so kind. Proven by my having to tell you that I survived, LOL. And who could ever ask for a better newspaper than the one that comes with bling, animals and travel??? LOL. Hope you are having a good day!

-S

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, I bet you are up quite a bit earlier than we are. I am glad you survived your lecture today and I am sure everyone enjoyed it. That is a great birthday present for your husband. Marty likes to travel I’m not much of a fan. He gets to travel quite a bit for work though so that kind of works out. I do see the humor in my daily work stories; heck if I couldn’t laugh about it then it would be driving me totally batty. I’ve been to Yellowstone quite a few times but we went to Glacier NP about 8 years ago. It was gorgeous up there. Your little everything is enjoying a nap. Sweet.

Missy, Marty was on cloud 9 the week we were at Pebble Beach. He played at Pebble, Spy Glass and Spanish Bay there and really enjoyed it. We also went over to Monterey and went through the big aquarium there. We drove down to Big Sur and Malibu. I didn’t want to come home. Glacier was gorgeous. We pulled our giant RV up there getting about 7-8 miles per gallon during the summer when diesel was about $5 a gallon. We could have flown up there first class and rented a Bentley for that kind of money. Oh well we had out own place to stay. Soap is pretty funny. I love Burt and Chuck and Bob. Speaking of sleeping are you sleeping okay with your tooth pain? I hope so. Great picture of you and your friend at the Pub Crawl. Your hair is quite a bit shorter but still looks very pretty.

Jimmianne, I am sorry the dermatologist was a jerk. I am glad to hear you have someone else you can go see. The doctors here are awful which is one of the many reasons you don’t see me going to the doctor. You are so right and smart to love yourself the way you are and get on living a happy and productive life. We can’t ask for much more than that can we? The 15th is a long time away. Darn. Ooh to a new asscher.

My employees all showed up before 8 today. Wow! They did a great job today too.

My boss pulled me to his office about 4:30 and told me the new team won’t be going under me; they will be his team. Reasoning behind it was they think 12 are too many employees for me yet he’ll have 10 so I don’t see much difference there. We were both managers at one point but then the company did a realignment of titles and departments and we were changed to supervisors. We can’t be promoted back to managers unless we have supervisors working for us. My boss is a supervisor too so I think they are going to make him a manager but since I don’t have a supervisor working for me I’ll go nowhere. He then kept trying to reassure me or convince me this wasn’t a slam at me and they think I do a good job and they appreciate me but once again I don’t feel appreciated. Oh well. I guess if I get fed up enough I’ll talk Marty in to moving to Atlanta.

Marty may be heading to India next week.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's supposed to hit the 80s today. :o

Scandinavian, woohoo, great job! So glad your lecture was a success! :appl:
I had to do public speaking during my residency grand rounds and I managed that as it was sort of off the cuff. But when we had to give hour plus long lectures (a few times each year) it was a total nightmare for me despite practicing the lectures till I knew them backwards and forwards so I am very impressed when others not only don't mind public speaking but they enjoy it. Well done Scandinavian.

And I'm with you. Not only is PS real PSers are really great...especially the NIRDIs. :bigsmile:

Marcy, that upsets me for you and I am sorry they are treating you like that at work. Short sighted and foolish and it makes me angry. There are always factors at play i.e. connections we don't know about and ulterior motives why one might get ahead over another that has absolutely nothing to do with merit or skill or talent or dedication. I am very sorry and I hope somehow it ends up working out despite not looking that way right now. I wish they appreciated you half as much at work as we do. We appreciate you so much Marcy. (((Hugs))).

My good friend Zu goes back to India (where she was born and lived till her twenties) every year for 6 weeks and a colleague of mine also from India goes back there for 2 months every year. I guess because it is a long trip they stay a long time. Do you have any idea how long Marty might be gone this trip?

I hope today is a very good day at work Marcy and that you receive some happier surprises. Sending you lots of good thoughts and wishes and NIRDI dust.

Callie sending special good luck dust for good news tomorrow!

Kristie, hope you are enjoying your week off from construction.

Jimmianne, hope your evening swim was relaxing and that you enjoyed a good night's sleep. Good going with starting your spring cleaning already. I can use some motivation. I still have not gotten around to cleaning out all my closets like I wanted to weeks and weeks ago.

Junie, what's going on? How is your mom doing? Before you know it you will be back to your beach house. That time of year is approaching soon.

LLJsmom, hope work is continuing to be productive and enjoyable.

This weekend I think we are going to the jewelry antique show at the Javitz and I might bring my parents too. I spoke with my parents yesterday and they might join us. I hope it is fun and who knows what bling I might find. Don't plan on purchasing anything but you never know...

I hope everyone is having a good week and enjoys a lovely day today. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A late hello from Scandinavia :wavey:

This morning was one long meeting – quite literally, lol.
75 F equals approximately 24C I think. So a full summer in my world  I hate turning the clocks, as if I was not tired enough already.. don’t mind me. All is well, as the saying goes, just tired from too much work, but just a few more days and it will get better again.
I have scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist for April 6, first I could get with the doctor I wanted. I will be very careful… promise! Cold and windy here today - to much humidity in the air so it feels like the air freeze to ice on your skin, brrrr...

Missy, thank you (!!) for suggestions for moisturisers. I will try them! I love to try new things  Why does your skin need time to recover after your derm appointment? Would it be possible to avoid the things that has this effect? I do understand wanting to look good for social things  I’m like that also, lol. I hate to not be “my best”, makes me uncomfortable even if my husband doesn’t understand / notice what I’m talking about. He has stopped protesting though, lol. Nice picture  Your hair looks gorgeous here also  Thank you for the encouragement re the speech thing. I need it, lol. But I think it really did go ok. The horrible part is when you get the score card – the students rate us against each other! Should have brought sweets for them – was reduced to flirting with a few, LOL (just kidding – never do that on purpose, but some were so nervous they started stuttering when they came to ask questions during breaks, lol).

And Missy: “And I'm with you. Not only is PS real PSers are really great...especially the NIRDIs.” You are definitely all real :)

Jimmianne: That doctor sounds horrible! So not what one wants when seeking help! Totally unhelpful and a little bit strange.. Had to laugh: “Fortunately I have my Mom as a role model. She did everything known to man to maintain perfect skin and it made her no happier LOL” The most perfect quote today :) LOL I’m starting to be impatient waiting for your dangles, for you it must be much worse, lol. Sorry.. 

Marcy: Both Yellowstone and Glacier is high up there on my list! Hopefully we can go in a few years when our youngest is a little older. I’m not happy with your boss. I think he might be taking the new employees for himself on purpose to get a promotion. But I’m sure he is telling the truth that they ARE appreciating you. If you did not do such a good job, he would neither be able to have so many employees nor get a promotion. So stop helping him! And focus on helping you ;-) Without your help, he might let you have the new employees to reduce his own work load. And then you just have to make sure that one of your people is promoted to supervisor – and voila – you to manager! I wish for such a simple world for you, even if I know it is not realistic. Fingers crossed for a really good week next week though! Hope your employees appreciate you. You are a good boss and you are making them do good work!
India sounds interesting. Ask him to take some nice pictures so you can show us :bigsmile: Or better yet – go with him and get a break from the craziness. Again – I know it is not realistic – but I just wish for nice things for you. You deserve them!

Junie: Everything ok?

All the best - S

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want summer and sailing! Now!

20150710_202827.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, wow that is pretty warm for March! I hope you got out and enjoyed the nice weather. The NIRDIs are great! Thank you for commiserating with me about the emotional slap at work. I am debating whether to pursue the topic with questions or just let it go. Thank you for appreciating me. I appreciate you and the other NIRDIs more than you’ll ever know. An antique jewelry shows sounds like a lot of fun!

Scandinavian, it sounds icy cold there for you today. I hate those bone chilling cold days. I am definitely between and rock and a hard place at work. I am letting it all fester in my brain for a few days. This kind of stuff is why Marty quit there. Marty is kind of hoping he doesn’t end up going to India. Office politics got involved today and the group in India did the work that Marty’s department should do so if they send Marty there now he probably wouldn’t be well received. Thank you for wishing me good things. I appreciate it. I love the sailing picture. Very pretty blue ocean.

We went out to Olive Garden for supper then wandered around Pier 1 for a while.

I am excited tomorrow is Friday.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gooooood morning! :wavey:
Hello all my beautiful NIRDIs :) Such a good day today, don't you think? It is FRIDAY! Yippi! LOL
I have bought a really big red cup for my morning coffee at work, because I thought the tiny office versions were so depressingly small - or more to the point - they are only able to hold a depressingly small amount of coffee :lol:

Callie: Thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

Kristie: Send us an update of the construction when you have the time :)

Jimmianne: Started thinking how wonderful that you are taking French lessons. Good for you! :) Do you find it interesting and or a lot of hard work?

Junie: Hope everything is ok or at least something in that direction.

Marcy: I always find that work can be a bi**h or a joy. Sometimes both in one single day. Hang in there, it gets better! It always does when spring is approaching! Today when I was standing at the coffee machine, one of the guys came down the corridor singing! LOL. Didn't stop either. Finished the whole song for me. Couldn't help but laugh..

Missy: How are your days going? A jewelry antique show sounds like fun! I have never been to one, so be sure to write us a good long report if you go, lol.

For todays entertainment from the cold north, I thought either a text from Jack London or a few ramblings about Greece. Couldn't decide so lets do both:

“The ghostly winter silence had given way to the great spring murmur of awakening life.”

Greece: Such a nice country for summer holidays! The temperature is nice and warms starting early June, and by July the water is nice for swimming :) I particularly love Athens - not (!) the modern city (so dusty and grey and dirty and boring) but the old Acropolis is fantastic. All the islands are easily accessible by boat (hydrofoil ferries) and I have been to many of them - never visited a Greece island I didn't like. Hydra is particularly nice in my opinion, cars are not allowed there, and everything is just so safe, you don't have to worry about things being stolen, you can just let your wallet, watch etc stay in the sand while you go for a swim etc. And it is very beautiful, the old movie "Boy on a dolphin" starring Sophia Loren was made there. The movies "For your eyes only" and "Lara croft tomb raider" are also shot in Greece out on the islands. Peloponnese is a classic. The first theatre is still there, you can hear a whisper and or a coin drop to the floor all the way up to the highest benches and it is really quite big. The acoustics is fantastic. Not to forget Olympia, the scene for the very first Olympic Games. You simply have to try to run the 100m sprint on the original track if you ever go there. Instead of steeling pictures, here is a link

http://www.visitgreece.gr/en/destinations/peloponnese

Hope you will have a gooooooooooood day!

-S

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greece

My fantastically big coffee cup, LOL

02092011_128.jpg

02092011_123.jpg

20160311_093429__2_.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I don't like the sound of your work issues and the fact that it continues to be problematic. I'm glad you have the NIRDIs to vent to and wish we could just come there and give anyone who gives you trouble the heave-ho. Sending loving and positive vibes to you this morning. Yes, TGIF.

At first thought Marty's going to India sounded wonderful, but I sense it's an exhausting trip with a lot of work when he gets there.
How long before you two get a break and can go relax somewhere?

Scandinavian, love the big red cup, & thank you for the support about language lessons. BTW one of my first French phrases was Bijoux Anciens. Beyond that are any other words needed?! :lol:
Your life sounds so happy and active. I am sure you are looking forward to sailing. WIsh I could send some of our spring weather your way.

Missy, are you preparing for the pub crawl? What's the green part of your outfit...shouldn't NIRDIs wear emeralds??

My young friends arrive tonight for the weekend to draw up the contract on the land SW of the main farm. They then plan to return in June to start their lives here and will live in my studio while they build their house.

I am so relieved. The past week; feeling lethargic, headaches and my eyes have been bothering me a lot. I keep slogging around thinking -what the heck is wrong?! Then on a whim I looked up the pollen count last night and it is almost as high as it can get. The problem is just the pesky elm trees. Once it rains, problem solved. yay!

How many of you are on instagram? I did a search for asschers and WOW. Eye candy overload! Today, pears haha.

I think I'm going to start a thread called "Reverse DSS". I have totally fallen in love with my asscher again and even did a photoshoot yesterday. This is the diamond that I wanted to trade up for the past year. Suddenly it is looking so awesome to me. What changed?! I want to share my experience and hear of others' Reverse DSS.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! I've fallen terribly behind, so sorry… I'll do my best to catch up.

Missy, I get wanting to reschedule your derm appointment…I totally understand wanting to look your best for a social event like this. The pub crawl sounds like a lot of fun. Love the pic you posted!

Oooh, going to the jewelry antique show sounds great! I hope your parents can come, would make for a very fun outing.

My mother is doing ok health-wise but she just needs so much assistance and help. I'm doing things I never thought I would have to do but it's necessary for her health and well-being. I don't want to go into too much detail but I've decided the best place for her is with me and I'm working towards setting that in motion. Yeah, I know…won't make things that much easier for me but it seems like the only option right now that I'm comfortable with. I plan on hiring lots of help so hopefully that will make it easier. And certain stresses will be alleviated for me and I won't have to travel back and forth all week long. I'm not ready to place her in a nursing home right now although I'm not ruling it out for the future. My sister admitted she doesn't think she can work from home and care for my mother at the same time so going to her house is out. I already knew that lol. And it's just too hard for me to institute any kind of change here at my mother's house. Whew, that ended up being a lot but just wanted to fill everyone in.

Marcy, I'm so sorry about the recent issue at work - please try not to let this affect your self-esteem, you are clearly a very dedicated and hard-working employee. You are working very hard to make your team the best it can be and you should be proud of that. I agree with Missy that sometimes things go on behind the scenes and office politics comes into play. Please know we nirdis are here for you whenever you need to vent and you have our full support! I know this has upset you and I just hate that, I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Jimmianne, I cannot believe how awful that doctor was! :knockout: I'm sorry you had to experience that and I'm glad you have another doctor you can go to if you feel the need.
I'm so glad you're enjoying your asscher! Would love to see pics from your photo shoot.
Also glad that things are falling into place with regard to your friends - sounds very exciting and will be wonderful to have such good friends so close by.
Sorry to hear you have trouble with jet lag/time change as well. Honestly, it was so bad for me that it has discouraged me from wanting to travel overseas anytime soon.
Glad you figured out allergies is why you haven't been feeling well…last night I heard on the news that the pollen count is very high. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Scandinavian, I'm very happy to read your lecture went well!
Love your coffee cup, all my cups are big too lol…I love coffee too and I'm sure I drink too much of it but oh well, it's my only vice :halo: Well, not really :devil:
Yes, my jet lag issue means I should probably stick with Europe lol, hopefully I'll handle that better - it's great you handle the time difference so well, my husband does too. I love your description of Greece and have always thought it was such a beautiful country and that I'd love to see it someday.
Beautiful sailing pic! And your furbaby is so sweet :love:

I know I've missed some things but wanted to check in with my nirdis. Have a great day everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls! I was posting this morning and internet and cable went out due to some non related construction work gone wrong and it affected most of the neighborhood. OMG and I lost a long post. Sorry I didn't get to say good morning before that happened but hope everyone is having a good day!

Marcy, woohoo so glad Marty does not have to go to India for now! Great news! :wavey:
I hope you got to meet Marty for lunch today and are enjoying your work at a slower pace. (((HUGS))).

Scandinavian, love your red coffee cup. I am so weird because I have to drink my coffee out of those paper deli coffee cups with the greek emblem. We stocked up on them and I have my coffee in them every morning. And I drink my cold drinks in glass Mason jars. Yeah I told you I'm strange lol.

Pretty Greece photo. I love Greece but haven't been there for so long. I like Athens but give me the Greek islands and those white rock beaches any day. And OMG Hydra was my favorite too!!! It is just gorgeous there. I have to see if I can find photos from my trip to Hydra.
Beautiful sailing pic too.

When I go to my derm he freezes growths off my face and it always leaves big red marks that take many many weeks and sometimes months to fade. I get these seb keratoses on my face. So annoying. They are usually clear or white and I just want them off as soon as they pop up. It is crazy how many I get and unfortunately there is nothing else I can do but have them frozen off which takes so long to heal. Sometimes he has to do freeze the same spots over a few visits because they can be stubborn. So I am skipping this month because I don't want to go to St Patty's Day pub crawl with lots of red spots all over my face. LOL. He is not available for the rest of the month so I will just suck it up and not see him till mid/end of April.

Jimmianne, I am wearing my butterfly green dress and green tights to the pub crawl. I wore the same outfit to the pub crawl last year but don't care because I don't have that much green in my wardrobe and this dress was a big hit so will repeat it. And of course my emerald necklace. :bigsmile:

I feel for you on the allergies honey and am glad you figured it out. It will be/is a bad allergy season. My advice is to take your allergy meds on a regular basis to decrease your symptoms as much as possible before they get out of control. I am on a regimen of Allegra in the AM, Claritin after dinner and then Chlor Trimeton before bed. All OKd by my dermatologist. As you might remember I have pretty strong allergies. For eye relief liberal use of preservative free rewetting drops. I like refresh plus. Sending you big allergy free hugs and allergy free dust!

Exciting news about your young friends coming to stay. It will be nice for you to have company and someone you like nearby.

Junie, I am glad you have a plan and you are at peace with it. It doesn't have to be forever and you will make sure you have sufficient help. And when/if it becomes too much you will make other arrangements. Sending you lots of good thoughts and good luck for the new arrangement to bring you and your mom a better quality of life. It will be good not to be driving back and forth all week that's for sure.

Callie, WOOHOO!!!!!!! Great news about your brother and just want all the NIRDIs to know things are looking up and to continue thinking good thoughts. Big (((hugs))) to you and your dear brother.

Kristie, have a great trip this weekend and enjoy! Cannot wait to hear all about your adventures.

LLJsmom, hope all is well and that you enjoy a great weekend. When is Spring Break for your kids? Can you believe spring is almost here. :appl:

Hope I didn't forget anything. I am a little out of sorts being without internet most of the morning and afternoon. Just got back from Costco and Whole Foods though and now it is back so YAY for that. Have a great rest of the day girls and hope to catch up with you this weekend. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, 2 pics from last St Patty's Day for you. This is the dress I am planning on wearing again this year.

gregstpattys2015.jpg

stpattysdaybutterflydress2015.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, the photos of Greece are terrific and I love your red coffee cup. Very classic for that morning cup of coffee. That’s great someone at work was enjoying one of his favorite songs and you join in on the fun. I’ll have to remember that as well. I did have a good laugh at work today. I have 2 teddy bears at my desk that “torment” my team so they were going to having a teddy bear roast today. When I went in for our 3:30 meeting they had little roasting sticks with cotton balls on them for the teddy bear roast. They’d built a little stand like you’d roast on a pig on and had a video of a fire going under the stand. I told them sorry they couldn’t roast my bears. They come up with stories that my bears bite them, steal their food, rummage through their desks, etc. It breaks up some of the tension of the day anyway. I always introduce my bears to people and try to get them to say hi to them. Yes, I am easily amused.

Jimmianne, I am glad your allergies cleared up after some rain. The week the trees bloom here I want to put my head in a vice. Thank you for commiserating with me about work. I am not mad enough to quit but I am surely waning in motivation to give it my usual more than 100% effort. We could get the NIRDI gang in there to clean up the place. We can get bedazzled night sticks or something. Marty would have been exhausted on his quick trip to India. Politics won out today and he isn’t going now; it’s uncertain if he will be going at sometime in the future. Marty is going to Arizona next month to see his parents and sister plus play golf. We have our 2 week vacation this summer near Myrtle Beach. That’s wonderful your friends are coming this weekend and will be coming back for good in June. I am sure you’ll enjoy having them nearby. You’ve now given me a good reason to go on instagram. Sweet eye candy. Reverse DSS works for me too. My 1/2 carat AGS0 could hold it’s own with any diamond sadly I traded that beauty for a GIA XXX to get a larger size. I traded that within 4 months; it just wasn’t the same.

Junebug, I know what you mean about getting behind. I’ll have a busy weekend and check in and I am pages and pages behind. It’s good to catch up though. It sounds like you have made up your mind to move your mom in with you. I am glad to hear you plan on hiring in some help. I am sure you are dealing with a lot of the issues and concerns we had with my mom and I know it is challenging. I know you won’t miss driving back and forth. Hugs to you and know we are here for you. Thank you for the kind words about work. I am trying to keep my thoughts at bay and not let it get to me too much.

Missy, glad they got your cable and internet back up for you. I did meet Marty for lunch and gave myself about a 25% raise for the day. Sounds like you are ready for your annual St. Patricks pub crawl. You and Greg looked smashing last year. Did you guys buy out Costco? I am so anxious to hear about the antique jewelry show tomorrow. I am getting that “must have new jewelry” urge again. Sadly I have WSS (wallet shrinking syndrome).

We had bone-in ribeye steaks for supper. They were quite tasty. We ordered them from Kansas City Steaks. I didn’t eat many of the veggies Marty cooked with the steaks; I wanted every ounce of that steak I could get. I am pretty full.

Marty went to the range this afternoon. It was high 60’s here today. I was going to get the sunshine flu at lunch but I didn’t.

Have a great weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from work :wavey:
Working this weekend (also) but not so bad. Kind of nice here today. Just one other person on this floor and completely quiet. No one to disturb (bother) me, lol.
So now all I have to do is be a good girl and do my job instead of being online, lol.

But everything is just peachy, because sooooon - Easter holiday. Or, half of Wednesday + Thursday + Friday + Monday are official holiday days. But we are taking the whole week off, so we go to our cabin on Saturday and probably back home Monday - so its a 9 days vacation! Yippi! (I can feel myself becoming childish already, LOL)

Jimmianne: Forgive me for asking I probably should know but sometimes I think I miss something because I'm still kind of new here :angel: - but are you selling part of the farm? What kind of farm is it by the way? Please share :) I love all kinds of animals. Well. Not true. I love all animals with fur and legs. New neighbours that you actually like sounds good :) Oh now - you're allergic too! I know all about pollen allergies - my father is crazy allergic to pollen so when I was a child we would always go to the mountains during weekends to get away from the worst of it. You probably know all about allergy medications, but just in case let me mention that for us (I developed a bit of allergies to when I was 20 or something, but not too serious, got better after having children actually), Aerius really is a lot better than the alternatives.

No reverse DSS here unfortunately. My ring (10 y gift from my husband) is larger than anything I ever thought I would own. When I was younger, I dreamt of a 1 carat. But hey - "much wants more" as the saying goes in my country... So now I have started dreaming of a REALLY BIG diamond necklace. Oh well. Not within budget for the next 10 years, LOL. Maybe I should start hinting that 20 carat would be good for a 20 year gift, LOL LOL LOL :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :angel: ?

Junie: So glad to hear from you. I was a little worried that something was wrong with your mother. So silly of me, I'm such a creature of habbit, so when you are not "there" when I open the "morning newspaper" I start to worry, lol. I think you have made a good decision. Next time you are there, pack her up and stuff her in your car and get it over with! :) You are doing your very best, and I only worry that you will get exhausted, so hiring help sounds like a very very good idea! A nursing home may be necessary somewhere down the road, but who knows. No point in worrying about that now. Just focus on fixing the present first. (I'm trying to be supportive, not pushy, so read my intentions not my words if I misspoke somehow - these things are always so so difficult, I know from experience with grandparents).
Thank you for your nice comments re my lecture! I was a bit scared, I always am, because I really want to get good reviews. A bit self centred, but its good for my CV to be asked for these things, and I'm usually younger than the others and also a bit competitive, lol. I should try to focus on teaching the students useful things, :shifty: lol.

Re Greece and Hydra: We should all meet there - no problems finding each other - small island and we could just "follow the bling", LOL. The island actually has a decent jeweler. I (well, my husband, lol) bought a really nice tricolour gold necklace and bracelet there. Its very delicate so I don't wear it much, but I really treasure it :love: And a nice sandy beach at Miramare ;-)

Missy, so fun that you also like Hydra! My favourite island, even if some of the others have better beaches. The atmosphere there is just so nice. Some friends of my parents had a large house there when I was young, so I have been there a few times - I always love to come back there, and its really easy access for us - just take a plane to Athens, taxi to the harbour and jump on the first ferry. Easy peasy no planning except order plane tickets. Well, now that we have children I like to order a hotell also, but its not really necessary, except I want a suite kind of room with a large terrasse - nice to be able to sit outside with a glass of wine after the children have gone to bed. If you ever go back to Greece, you should also visit Monemvasi! I think you would really like it!! Its a small and very old fortified "town" on a small island connected to Peloponnes with a bridge. Very old and very traditional and pittoresque. Couldn't find a picture but you can use google if you are interested, lots of pictures there :)

Talking about large hotel rooms... LOL We are going to Grand Canaria first weekend in May. And I don't approve of having the children in a different room even if the rooms are adjoining. (so many scary stories in the media). So I booked a suite with two bedrooms. Was a little shocked when I received the confirmation and wondered if the price maybe was per night and not total... 200m2! That is big! (Internet converts it to 2153 ft2). LOL. We have a small swimming pool on the balcony.. LOL Oh well, my husband can't think that I have lost my mind too many times - after all it is only mine to loose once...

Missy, those seb keratoses things does not sound like fun at all! So sorry for you! But I have never seen you look anything but spectacular in any of the pictures! If you are interested, using something from Estee Lauder double wear line (foundation or concealer) would probably cover it ut next time you do the freeze procedure. But if you don't care to do that, all the better for you! (I had a lot of acne for a few years when I was younger, so I'm a pro at covering imperfections, lol). Then again I just remembered that your skin is really sensitive, so probably not a good idea. (then I thought of Jane Iredale pressed powder, also wonderful for covering small red dots, and a lot better for sensitive skin I think.. but I will shut up now, lol. Ignore me. Your skin looks just perfect!).
Your green dress is so beautiful! That colour is just amazing! And I LOVE your boots to btw :bigsmile:
Thank you for good news from Callie!

Marcy: I love your sense of humour! Poor teddy! Not nice to roast such gentle and innocent little creatures! :lol: I'm very glad Marty is staying home with you instead of going to India. Work trips are (almost) always exhausting and not fun at all. Never see anything except the inside of a taxi.. Can I ask what you traded in your GIA XXX for / your current ring? I'm still a little new here, lol, and very curious especially when it comes to bling :) Your dinners always sounds so delicious.
Sunshine flu. LOL. :appl:

ALL the best, S

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Saturday. :wavey:

Marcy, haha almost. Not sure what we bought that totaled over $400 yesterday at Costco (and over $200 at Whole Foods) but let's just say going grocery shopping can be quite expensive at least in NYC. Greg's new health kick is costing us more money. Those organic blueberries, blackberries and such add up. And the extra kitty food for our ferals make a bit of a dent too because they are going through 39 lbs of food every 2 weeks lol. Just praying they don't have babies and that Ann can get them neutered before they do start having them. OK pushing that negative thought away. :errrr: Glad they are eating well and looking good and that is the most important thing!

Happy you met Marty for lunch yesterday but too bad that Sunshine flu didn't keep you away from work for the afternoon haha. Looks like my request at work is going to be denied but I am at peace with that. They are changing our Eye exam room to a larger room but still to one without temp control. Oh well. I will see how the temps are in that room and then make my decision. I won't hand in notice till I know one way or another if it is tolerable or not. But believe me if it is too hot I will be leaving. Too cold I can use a space heater (against our company policy though) but if it is too hot it is more challenging because a fan doesn't always make it comfortable enough. But I will take it one day at a time. Not moving to the new exam rooms for a while yet (estimated moving b/w April-June so quite the window) and I will see how it goes.

I too wish you were joining us today at the antique jewelry show. Now I am not sure my parents are coming with us as my mom cannot do the subway stairs and they plan on driving in but not sure of parking in the area. It really sucks that NYC doesn't have elevators at all their stations. I thought the same when I was in a wheelchair for all that time. The stairs are many and the elevators lacking at most of the subway stations.

Scandinavian, sorry you are working again this weekend but glad you don't mind too much. Interesting that you don't like adjoining rooms for the children. When we were little and traveled we always had adjoining rooms with my parents. But yes times are scary. I know you will have the best time there. Sounds wonderful!

Thank you for the green dress and boot compliment. Wearing green is not easy LOL but I do love the color and I love butterflies too. We once went to the Natural History Museum exhibit of live butterflies and it was so cool. Speaking of which here is a photo my mom sent me just yesterday of their visit to that very same museum this past week. Cool right? I think it is one of the largest dinosaurs ever found.

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/kids/mc-titanosaur-largest-natural-history-museum-20160122-story.html

titanosaur.jpg

Thank you for the recommendation to visit Monemvasi if we ever return to Greece. I certainly will keep that on my short list of places to visit, thank you. And also thanks for the cover up recs for my skin. I use Dermablend and so far (knock wood) no adverse reactions. I have been using it for over a decade and it is very good coverage. Though the red marks and raised bumps cannot really be covered well with anything truthfully. Luckily at my age I am less self conscious than I was when I was in my twenties and thirties and even forties. Though of course it does bother me I can deal with it.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend all and don't forget (well not Kristie and not sure about Scandinavian) to turn your clocks ahead before you go to sleep tonight. We lose an hour of sleep but gain an hour of daylight in the evening so woohoo to that. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, rats you have to work this weekend. Your Easter vacation sounds like a lot of fun. Your trip in May sounds really nice. Good idea to get a suite with 2 bedrooms; I wouldn’t go with 2 separate rooms for my kids either. My teddies do get picked on and I definitely am easily entertained. I didn’t like the GIA XXX very well; it just wasn’t as well cut as my AGS0. I upgraded it for a 1 carat AGS0. My current diamond is an ACA 1.51 carat. I am quite happy with it. Your diamond is gorgeous.

Missy, it sounds like you did buy the stores out. Yes, organic and healthy food is expensive. We are throwing out a lot of food now that Marty is eating different. We seem to average about $20 per 10 minutes in Sams Club or the grocery store. I guess maybe we should shop faster. Yes the feral kitties are eating well and I sure hope Ann gets them taken care of before you have lots of little kitties. Good idea to wait and see how the temperature is in the exam rooms and your office before deciding what to do. I agree it’s hard to help when a room is too hot but you can use a space heater or sweater to help warm up. I am surprised to hear NYC isn’t more handicap accessible. I thought the Pebble Beach area was very limited on that too. I can’t walk stairs except in moderation. That is a big dinosaur!

Callie, LLJsmom, Kristie and Sharon just saying hi and let you know I’m thinking of you!

I stayed up reading until after midnight. Marty went to a sketch in the park Groupon this morning. Only the organizer and Marty showed up.

After he was done we went out for lunch. I worked on laundry and things around the house today. Marty is working on my drawers for my cupboard. I made chocolate chip cookies for a party at work next week. I figured I’d make them this weekend then freeze them so I don’t have to make them Thursday night.

We had popcorn for supper. Marty is playing golf tomorrow. Yay for another nice weekend.

I watched the Peanuts movie today. I enjoyed it but mostly because Snoopy was in it.

Have a great Sunday!
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning :)
We have not turned back the clock here yet, I was kind of curious when I woke up this morning to see if my phone would tell me that I had been sleeping too long, lol. (I forgot to check yesterday if it was this weekend that we should adjust to summertime). So I guess its the next weekend or something.. :shifty:
I'm back at work again. Worked late last night, then skipped dinner for a glass of wine with my husband, none of us could be bothered to cook.. Marcy, your popcorn dinner was at least healthier than mine :) Got up this morning and went back to work. Put the children in a kennel on the way. Kidding. They are with my mother, she came to our house this morning. I don't even put the dog in a kennel, ever. She would have been so completely confused and upset. When we travel abroad, she is always with one of my parents, or one of my friends who is a professional dog trainer (with a master in animal behavioural psychology none the less, LOL). He is always teaching her bad habits like sleeping in the sofa :lol: :lol: :lol: . What do you do with your animals? I think leaving them is so hard and takes a lot of planning.

Missy, I think you are very wise to not do anything irrational (sorry, could not resist, lol) and just wait and see how things work out. I think I might have missed the beginning to the story, why is it necessary to change room? Do you want to or do you have to? Last time I moved from one office to another I just wanted to scream, so many books... And my office chair mysteriously disappeared between floors, so I had to find a new one. Oh well. I "stole" a really good one :lol: so I guess I won :naughty: . I'm jealous (in a good way) of your emeralds, and would love to see a picture! I don't have any, they're not so common here. (I have some sapphires though :)) Green is a gorgeous colour, but I don't think I have any green clothes.. mostly black, grey, white, beige and blue.. :lol: Really nice - and BIG - dino! Now that might be a nice piece of art for a home, lol. I'm considering buying a terracotta warrior from China though - not a real one but a full size replica (normal human size). They make them in China in the traditional fashion based on the old molds from ancient China. Might be fun or might be a total catastrophe...

Talking about jewelry. I think I might like some new diamond studs. Mine are not so big, (0.5 ctw) but I love them for everyday, they are my failsafe option and very sparkly :) It might be nice with someone a little bigger for more dressed up occasions though? What do you girls think? Do you have studs? How big? And colour? (Everywhere else, that might be a rude question, but as it is for educational purposes and on PS I'm hoping for forgiveness and input :))

Marcy, the diamond (and ring) in your profile picture is just gorgeous! I'm guessing that is the 1.51 ACA :bigsmile: And it looks SO big! And VERY sparkly!

I've tried to take some pictures of my ring to show the finger coverage, but its so hard (read: I'm hopeless) to take good pictures. When I try to show the sparkle, it just turns white on picture. And if I turn it away from the light - sigh. Oh well.

Btw: I saw a diamond in another thread that I think you Missy and LLJsmom had seen IRL. Asher, 5+ carat. Oh my. New obsession. Asher cut. How many diamonds can a girl have on one finger??? LOL LOL LOL. So not within budget right now, but nevertheless... Just a little bigger and with a nice delicate halo or three.. pink diamonds in the middle halo perhaps... might make a nice blingy cocktail ring... (in my dreams / in 20 years time..)

I also (in real life and not just my dreams) want two thin eternity bands to go with my engagement ring (not the big new one that sits with my wedding band, but the one I have on my left hand - it might feel a little alone now, so I thought it might like some company :bigsmile: :angel: :bigsmile: )

Enough ramblings about diamonds.

Happy Sunday!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best I could do.. LOL

I looked at some of the other diamonds, you girls' diamonds included, and thought mine looked small. But I realised that the ring is so thick (3mm in all directions) that it makes the stone look smaller because the ring goes outside my finger on the sides (horrible explanation). So I tried to take a few pictures to convince myself that the finger coverage is quite good. Please tell me that it does not need a halo. I love halos, but think they are impractical for everyday wear/use. And it is 5ct. Who ever heard of 5ct not being big enough??? There is something seriously wrong with my head. I was not like this before I got this ring. All my other diamonds are quite modest and I love them.
Had to change the ring to my left hand to take pictures, because I'm soooo right handed... lol. Where are roses when you need them??? I'm better at taking flower+diamonds pictures..

20160312_121211-1.jpg

20160312_121609.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian - please, no finger-coverage insanity! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your diamond is huge & beautiful! and covers most of your finger.
I hope PS isn't giving you DSS.
That is one stone that should be legally & officially exempt from DSS. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Daylight Savings weekend for those of you who are celebrating. :bigsmile:

Marcy, popcorn for dinner is my fave non dinner. That and breakfast for dinner. Glad you enjoyed.
That is unfortunate that Pebble beach has limited resources for the elderly and disabled. It turned out well though thankfully. My parents met us yesterday and drove in to the city and found parking on the street with not too much trouble and we went to the jewelry show together. OMG it was great. More on that later.

What's a sketch in the park? LOL it was only Marty and the organizer. I would have preferred that. I like one on one best. 8) Did he have fun? Glad you enjoyed the Peanuts movie. We are on the last episode of House of Cards and enjoying that too. I am happy you are having a nice and relaxing weekend and wish that we all lived closer. That show would have been so much more fun if you girls were with me. Truly. Greg was sort of bored though my mom and dad really enjoyed it very much and as I wrote before stayed over 90 minutes longer than we did haha. They talk to everyone and made connections. I was so shy initially I didn't even accept offers to try on a beautiful 20.75 carat emerald ring and now I regret that. As I warmed up though as the day progressed I tried the bling on but it took a while for me to get comfortable. I really am shy initially though I know people who know me don't think I am. I am good at faking it that way. 8)

Scandinavian, that is some finger coverage ooh la la. :love: Thank you for the additional pics of your gorgeous ring!
We are just moving across the hall because we are expanding (adding dentistry and perhaps another medical specialty) and additionally we have been taken over by an Federal Quality Health Clinic. So different admin and well no one I can speak with about my issue so just seeing what happens.

My clothes are mainly black and grey as well but I do have some color and you know what? I like it. When I was younger it was pretty much all black lol. I am now much more diverse in my color scheme but still wear very similar outfits all the time. It's my "uniform" and it works for me. OTK boots, tights or leggings and a short dress. My only problem is summer because I cannot wear OTK boots all year but if I could I would. :cheeky:

I do have diamond studs but I am so not a studs girl and never wear them. Mine are from BN and I don't remember the exact carat weight but I think around 1 carat or so but I do have them haloed so they are big enough for me. But I never wear them. They are H color and seem very white.

I have 2 thin antique plat bands that go with my ER and I love the look. In warmer weather I can only wear one band with the ER and that works too. Here's a quick pic. I have a lot of pic posting to do this AM but think I will start another thread not to clog this one up but also to share with other PSers who might be interested who don't check this thread out.

oecerwithwbs.jpg

oecerwithsuissecutband.jpg

francescawaitingpatientlyfortheringtobehersonedaylol.jpg

Initially I wanted to post the bling pics from the show only here but then thought about it and thought I should share. The show yesterday was awesome and we really enjoyed it. My mom and dad stayed much longer than we did lol. We stayed a few hours but then went to a Patti Smith photo exhibition at an art gallery in Chelsea. That was great too. Here's a quick preview of the Patti Smith show. I will post more later if anyone is interested. It was a great exhibition. It's a lot of work posting pics here lol but I love sharing if you girls are interested.

We are visiting the animal rescues today. Have a great Sunday girls. (((HUGS))).

pattiandfred.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK a quick tease of the antique jewelry show pics I will share later. OMG the bling the bling the bling. All gorgeous. :love:

I almost bought the Victorian dangles (first pic) and Greg was urging me to get them. Seriously enabling me (LOL enaBLING)...I swear he must have been a PSer in a past life but for his quick boredom when it comes to bling shopping. However I resisted and now I sort of regret it but what is done is done. I just am not a fan of the tarnished silver (over gold) look. But I know that is typical of the Victorian era.

My mom tried on earrings I would have LOVED to have bought but it was too expensive IMO for what it was. OEC dangles really beautiful but not special and not worth the cost.

victoriandanglesomc.jpg

10caratoecring.jpg

hwpear.jpg

_36663.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eating lunch and checking PS, lol. OMG Missy, that OEC 10 ct ring... It hurts deep in my heart... LOL
The earrings are beautiful! But I know what you mean - I also would have skipped buying them and then regretted it. Please post tons of pictures :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results