shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I need help w/Eternity bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I need help trying to get the correct mm size for 2 diamond eternity bands to wear flanking this ring.

At Tiffany''s, I tried on 2 bands that were .86TW, Plat. 28 Rd stones, full circle, size 5 1/2 (I need a 5 or 51/4)
The $ was 4,000.00 each! (I know! That''s why I didn''t buy ''em there!) I cannot remember the mm size, it was last January in Maui.

I have been looking at Facets shared prong, but I an not sure which ones. They have 1 that is 1.5mm, which seems very tiny to me. The others are 2mm. Is that about right? I don''t want the rings to overpower the band, but I certainly want a balanced look.

I am thinking carat weight of just under 1 ct. What do you guys think?

tiff1777.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are around that ring size Id go with 3 pointers. They would be just a hair over 2mm wide. I think that smaller ones would seem TOO small.

ETA: about .75tcw. 25 stones, maybe 24 stones on yours. I wear a 5.5

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
How many mm is the band you pictured? How long is you finger from knuckle to knuckle? I would say either 2mm or perhaps even 1.5 becuase you want to be able to wiggle your fingers properly even with all three rings on. Perhaps you ought to make a stop at your local B&M and try on difrent band widths. If they are too wide it may be hard for you to bend your fingers and perform daily tasks.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I agree with matadora though, without knowing the mm size of the existing ring it''s hard to give advise. I have a hard time wearing 2 rings that have alot of mm size to them. My fingers swell up big time for some reason and it''s very uncomfortable-something to consider.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I can easily wear 3 rings. My fingers are fairly slim. I am wearing 2 thin gold bands on both sides of the Tiffany band now, so the width does not bother me.

Wish I knew what the mm of the Tiff band is, maybe 6. I don''t remember seeing it listed on Tiffany''s site.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you able to post a hand shot of this ring? I am going to take a field trip one day to Tiffany''s (Diamondli - is the bus ready?) just to try on that ring. Also, is it comfortable on your finger? I wonder if the x''s stick out and make putting your fingers together uncomfortable. I have the Tiffany etoile band and it feels like velvet on your finger. I can''t imagine them making something that would be uncomfortable to wear but I would love to hear from someone that wears one all the time - thanks!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I just tried to measure the band and it does look like it is 6mm.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
If it is 6mm I probably wouldn''t go over 2mm each.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2005 8:23:25 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Are you able to post a hand shot of this ring? I am going to take a field trip one day to Tiffany''s (Diamondli - is the bus ready?) just to try on that ring. Also, is it comfortable on your finger? I wonder if the x''s stick out and make putting your fingers together uncomfortable. I have the Tiffany etoile band and it feels like velvet on your finger. I can''t imagine them making something that would be uncomfortable to wear but I would love to hear from someone that wears one all the time - thanks!
I think there is a pic posted somewhere on PS.

But to answer your questions; it is comfortable and the little X''s don''t bother me. I cannot put my fingers together, but I never considered that to be a problem. I guess I love the band that much! I wear a 5 , so I bought the band in a 51/2 so I could wear it on my right hand. The band does twist a bit, but I don''t care and it really doesn''t bother me at all. The thin 18kt. YG bands I wear on both sides are a size 5. I call them my stoppers! Now I want my stoppers to be diamonds.

Both of my children are in college this year and I am now experiencing that empty nest syndrome, so these 2 diamond bands are in a way symbolic of them.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
With the 2 gold bands that I want to replace with the diamond eternity bands.

53tif3.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This one from Facets is .78ct with 31 stones, and 2.1mm wide.

fcts78.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann,
That band you just posted would look great with your ring. I think it would be just the right size.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Ann, I love that ring from T&Co!! I don''t have any suggestions for the eternity bands, but I just wanted to chime in and say that both my children are now past the college years and I know what you are going through. (hugs) This is the first year that we don''t have to pay tuition!!! Anyway, hang in there, it gets easier.
2.gif

Also I was wondering how your cushion search is coming along? Any good diamonds out there?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of your 2mm gold bands with it, so I think that the Facets band you posted would be the perfect width.

I love that ring...it''s gorgeous!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2005 9:02:29 PM
Author: finerthings
Ann, I love that ring from T&Co!! I don''t have any suggestions for the eternity bands, but I just wanted to chime in and say that both my children are now past the college years and I know what you are going through. (hugs) This is the first year that we don''t have to pay tuition!!! Anyway, hang in there, it gets easier.
2.gif

Also I was wondering how your cushion search is coming along? Any good diamonds out there?
AH, tuition - does it ever stop!?! Our first will graduate in May after only 3 years in school, but now is thinking grad school. Just moved her into an apt. and that has been very costly. Our 2nd just started, so he will be there I''m sure for 4 yrs.!

Both of them being gone is a strange feeling. I was looking forward to it as a time for just me, but now it''s so sad!

There has been no winner in the cushion search.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info Ann. I know all about the kids in college thing. One of mine has graduated and one has a year and a half to go. Can''t wait to stop paying tuition - that must be where all my diamond money is
11.gif
! I am finally beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel - yoohoo! Empty nest syndrome gets better too - once the crying stops you really start to enjoy your freedom, clean house, empty laundry baskets, phone stops ringing nonstop and you and hubby can just have toast for dinner if you want to - you might even find time to
34.gif
! Now, then, don''t you feel better already
36.gif
!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently saw LoganSaphhire''s Raphael band from Signed Pieces. I would strongly suggest that you consider that look too - the diamonds in that style band are very sparkly as I''m sure the diamonds in your new Schlumberg ring are. Just my opinion - but I was really impressed with her band!

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
ann. i have been checking out the eternity bands from signed pieces myself. i have a channel set 1.15 from another designer but am looking at possibly purchasing something from signed pieces facets since the quality and price look promising. the band i have now is 3mm. i think since you are interested in shared prong that maybe you might like the 1.08ct, 2.3mm wide and 2mm thick. this is just my opinion that you might consider with the others that have been offered. i hope you fine something that compliments your lovely ring. banjo

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Ann
as you can easily wear 3 rings,so I would say 2mm is good with the beautiful Tiffany ring
this ipic is s just exsample.( bottom ring size is 3 1/2 and top is 3 1/4)
the bottom ring is almost 6mm and top one is 2mm. and I can wear one more 2mm with feel easily.
but I agree with WTNLVR that >I probably wouldn''t go over 2mm each.

P1060167.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2005 9:33:33 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I recently saw LoganSaphhire''s Raphael band from Signed Pieces. I would strongly suggest that you consider that look too - the diamonds in that style band are very sparkly as I''m sure the diamonds in your new Schlumberg ring are. Just my opinion - but I was really impressed with her band!
You know I was wondering about the Raphael setting. But do you think the exposed sides of the diamonds would rub against the Tiff band?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This one? See how the stones are a little more exposed? Or are they no more exposed than their other settings?

One thing I don''t like about this Rap. setting is the zig zag cog wheel effect on the side. But maybe it is not that obvious when on the finger. But they are very pretty.

15091rap.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I understand your concern about the diamonds rubbing. I can''t say for sure but I do know that Signed Pieces apparently has a very liberal return policy so that if you purchased them and they wouldn''t work, they would certainly exchange them for another style. I think the zig zag effect is not noticeable; I don''t like the look either up close but when I tried on LoganSapphires''s band - and I think it was just over one carat - I didn''t see that at all. Their site says the setting has been designed to show off more of the diamond and therefore you get more sparkle. If I was buying that band from the internet sight unseen, I probably wouldn''t choose it. After having seen it in person, if it was me, I would get that one first and then return it if rubbing diamonds was a problem. I think your idea of two band on both sides is a great one - I don''t think I would have thought about doing that but now that you have mentioned it I love the idea! My finger is probably too short to do that but since you have the room why not? To use those bands to symbolize your children is an excellent idea - there is nothing quite as true and deep as a mother''s love. Good luck with the empty nest syndrome - it really does get easier with time but is a killer when it first strikes!

Flower - your bands are beautiful - can you tell us the carat weights of them? You really have some pretty jewelry!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I really appreciate all the input everyone is giving me. Just knowing you guys think the bands are ok makes the purchase easier.

Life has been so hectic lately that I question every decision!

Regarding the kids being gone - We get home from moving both of them in, and 2 days later, I get unexpected houseguests!
(they are still here !) So when they leave, hopefully by Wed., I can breathe and relax and heck maybe just float in the pool all day dreaming of diamonds and college costs.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That a girl! A well deserved rest for a good mom!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2005 1:27:43 PM
Author: Ann
This one? See how the stones are a little more exposed?

Yes, but... the prongs stick outwards a tad beyond the edges of the diamond girdles (if I see it right in the picture) and that should prevent the diamonds from rubbing againt neighbour rings. I'd bet someone at Facets can clarify this.

The stack of three on your hand looks lovely !
1.gif
How wider are the gold bands you are wearing in the picture ? Perhaps the eternity ones should just be the same width...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Here are my three primary band rings...finally took shots of them today. The middle band is 5mm and the other two are about 1/8" I think my middle band is similiar in size to that of the one you had posted. Hope this helps!

3bandsoutsidetusc.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ann,
Now that you survived the storms, did you decide anything on your two bands?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Well, since Facets raised their prices so much I''m not so sure.

When I first began looking at their "regular" shared prong setting it was around 1250.00

Now that I am looking at the Raphael, it is around 1700.00.

So I was hoping some PS''ers would have other vendor ideas/experiences for shared prong eternity bands.

3400.00 is a lot for 2 little rings! (And I really don''t have to have them.)

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I do not know what the quality of their work is, but ringdesigner.com has a lot of different weddingbands. You may be interested in their eternity bands. link

Maya

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results