shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I have this sapphire, what do I do with it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really at a loss for what to do with this guy given the small size 5.2mm x 4.3mm. I'm a ring girl so definitely a ring, ideally not a bezel stacking ring (although they are cute not my style). Like the antique vibe, the setting pictured as an example.

Not sure if I should halo it, not halo but have side stones, use diamonds or more colored stones......so any ideas here are welcome. Also rose gold or no?

IMG_5480.JPG IMG_5519.JPG IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5521.JPG

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really at a loss for what to do with this guy given the small size 5.2mm x 4.3mm. I'm a ring girl so definitely a ring, ideally not a bezel stacking ring (although they are cute not my style). Like the antique vibe, the setting pictured as an example.

Not sure if I should halo it, not halo but have side stones, use diamonds or more colored stones......so any ideas here are welcome. Also rose gold or no?

IMG_5480.JPG IMG_5519.JPG IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5521.JPG

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg
Yes, I like the bigger, more substantial setting, to make the most of the smaller sized stone.
The peridot ring above is a great example.
I think you are on the right track!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely do something to spread out the ring and make it have more finger coverage.

I did it with a 5.9mm emerald and am about to face a harder task with my 5.1mm perfect pad.

Your inspiration pic of perfect. Definitely something spready.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Please pair it with other pretty colors in a 5-stone ring! Yes, I would go with rose gold. 5-stone gives better finger coverage than say, a halo, though if you like halos, I recommend @MissyBeaucoup's ruby ring as inspiration.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L what kind of minty green? When I think of green I immediately think demantoid but not sure how light they go. Also what do you think about the color on the sapphire?

@voce thanks for the suggestion, hadn't thought of a five stone.

@stracci2000 and @mellowyellowgirl you girls know I would love to find a vintage setting but the size of this is so tough!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L what kind of minty green? When I think of green I immediately think demantoid but not sure how light they go. Also what do you think about the color on the sapphire?

@voce thanks for the suggestion, hadn't thought of a five stone.

@stracci2000 and @mellowyellowgirl you girls know I would love to find a vintage setting but the size of this is so tough!

Like a pale tsavorite. See Cecile Raley’s Designs for inspiration. She often does multicolored halo rings. You want a pastel green, or minty green. I wouldn’t do dark green.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color!! I could see it in a double halo, maybe white gold with rose or yellow gold prongs.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
This is a beautiful color. Could you surround it with pink spinels such as pictured by DK168?
Annette

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would halo it but like a few other members here I'd halo the bleep out of just about anything. You could use diamonds or coloured stones either would look good.....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF9E0574-3FB7-4574-9157-32B0036F47FC.jpeg Ivy & Rose have a couple of settings around $500 that they can modify to fit an oval (extra $ ?) so that’s perhaps an option.
They do rings in white, yellow and rose gold.
I like this one. They do it with emeralds also.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a lot for all the great ideas that Ivy and Rose setting is pretty as well. Like the idea of green with the purple and wouldn't have thought of that combo.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Three ideas:

Double halo with paraiba as in inner row and diamonds and outer row, I think lavender sapphire loves to be with paraiba as well as green. Or

3CBF3132-27A9-4EDF-ADCA-8A2425E4285D.jpeg

A engraved metal halo. For example this tourbillon ring fits an oval. I have an unengraved silver ring blank and I put a stone (similar in size to your sapphire) on an angle and also north south.

16C58A3B-3A47-43C3-A1D8-AF049D105472.jpeg

Or perhaps something modern like these examples from Ivy and Rose
8604A554-B17E-4ACF-9F9C-04098EACFAC7.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Omg! I know what I'm going to have Yvonne source me the next time Tucson comes.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm I didn't consider the Paraiba lavender combo, this is going to be a toss up then, I don't currently have any pieces with that gorgeous glowy blue so that would be wonderful.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would halo it but like a few other members here I'd halo the bleep out of just about anything. You could use diamonds or coloured stones either would look good.....

I cracked up so badly at this comment. I share the same sentiments. My only regrets are regrets of not haloing.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cracked up so badly at this comment. I share the same sentiments. My only regrets are regrets of not haloing.

I actually don't have anything with a halo currently. Had a pink sapphire with a diamond halo ring but sold it. Definitely keen on a halo for this ring or maybe two...

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are a couple of jewelers who make designs for really petite stones.

Sorry this is the only one I can remember how to spell (and thus google) but there were plenty of others

https://www.kataoka-jewelry.com/en/

I would double halo a really bright neon gem. To up the contrast with my skin tone and make it pop. I would be inclined to set the one you've got in something similar to the kataoka designs though, as it is more pastel and feels more whimsical to me. I also like setting prices to be a little in line with the stone cost -- as I can save the extra money for something else down the line, and still get something super pretty to stare at in the mean time which is a win win situation from my perspective.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results