shape
carat
color
clarity

NOW . . . I am ready for your opinions. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bostonlawstudent

Rough_Rock
Okay so I have done some more digging and was able to come up with the info that you requested to evaluate these stones on my last thread properly. I have added the crown and pav. info below.

#1 (Gorgeous little stone)

1.25c(GIA and Sarin)
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
7.01 X 6.94 X 4.26
Table: 57
Depth: 61.1
Pavilion depth: 43.5%
Crown height: 15.2%
Culet: Very Small
VG/VG
No fluorescence

Price: $8,000
------------------------
#2 (Also nice)
1.70 (Cert.= EGL Antwerp)
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
7.72 X 7.66 X 4.0
Depth: 59.8
Table: 61%
Pavilion depth: 42%
Crown height: 15%
Culet: none
VGVG
No fluorescence
Price: $11,900

Let me know your thoughts . . .

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! RUN, RUN, RUN AND RUN away from EGL Antwerp... Last stone I saw was supposed to be E SI 1 and I graded it as G P 2(or I 2 for you americans
1.gif
)... Go figure... It was garbage...
Also they put almost always 'very good' or 'excellent' as finish grade! One more thing: be advised that they don't always plot all the inclusions... They use to forget the grade setter one
2.gif
eek.gif
9.gif
! Don't trust them on fluor, I 've seen many stones with 'none' that were slight or medium! Yikes!

As per the second... Can you post the angles?

Giangi

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ran the percentages through HCA (angles are more precise ...if you can get angles then I would suggest it..you should be able to on the GIA one because it has a Sarin). Herre are the results.

Stone #1:
3.2 Very Good --VG VG G VG

Stone #2:
2.0 Very Good--VG EX VG EX
*note* this stone will show a fish-eye if tilted

Ah ha..we have found one of the reasons why stone #2 is so cheap! Besides the larger table it also has potential for a fish-eye...not attractive.

Stone #1 is attractive but the price is not for the quality of the stone. You can get a well-cut same size stone for the same amount which I think I showed in my previous post...an H VS1 for $7700 or something. Why even bother to consider this one still?

Would suggest passing on both. The second one is of questionable quality (price seems to good to be true..probably is) and the first is too expensive for the quality given. Keep looking!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results