shape
carat
color
clarity

Novita diamonds - AUS / NZ

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Hi team,

I just thought I’d pop a post up about my visit to Novita diamonds, just in case it helps any of the Aussie / kiwi lab diamond buyers out there!

I visited the Novita office in Adelaide this week, just to get a feel for what they offer (we are looking to get engaged soon, so just research at this stage). I spoke to someone on the phone the day before, and had I done this further in advance, they can actually ship any diamond that’s in one of their showrooms (which is indicated clearly on the diamond search / inventory) over for the appointment. They do need a day or two notice to complete this, which I didn’t give them, so I just had a look at what was on hand.

The office is small, in an office building - I’m not sure if the offices in other states are similar, but I was perhaps expecting something bigger, so it’s worth taking a moment to manage expectations here.

The gentleman we spoke to was lovely - we had a look at 3 loose rounds, 2 loose radiants, setting examples and a completed pear solitaire that was waiting for pick up. He did a great colour comparison for my partner, comparing a loose D and J against a grading M CZ face down in a white paper makeshift tray to help him see the colour differences.

The settings were fine - I imagine similar quality to Blue Nile / James Allen.

Certificates from IGI were clearly visible for each stone. I didn’t loupe them to check the inscription, but have no reason to believe they won’t match perfectly.

When the time comes, they suggest going through the inventory, picking stones you’d like to see in person (or allowing them to choose stones for you within your parameters), and having them shipped so you can compare side by side. They don’t offer any additional imaging, but they aim to have videos for all fancy shapes online. I plan on buying an ASET before our next visit.

I’ll be sure to update this thread when the time comes.. but don’t hold your breath, it might be a little while yet!

Thanks,
Adele

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the post! They have some nice stones listed. If they had some smaller Asschers I would be tempted. The prices are pretty good too.

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the post! They have some nice stones listed. If they had some smaller Asschers I would be tempted. The prices are pretty good too.

Yes, the prices are very competitive! Both when compared to local and US options. I’ve been searching for reviews online and have only been able to find positive comments, so hopefully not too good to be true!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results