shape
carat
color
clarity

Novita Diamond U.K.

MsHamadryad

Rough_Rock
Hi, does anyone have any experience with Novita Diamonds in the U.K. ? I am looking for a locally available (does not need to be posted from the States and therefore acquire who knows what taxes and duties) lab created diamond and Novita is the only place I have found thus far .. however all their diamonds appear to be CVD with the proviso ‘may have post growth treatment’ on the IGI certificates that I have seen? Thanks for any thoughts..

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if Novita UK is under the same parent company as Novita here in Australia? I did look at their stock but found that they were still more expensive after tax than US vendors, and they often listed the same stones.

There's nothing wrong with CVD stones. You just need a good vendor who can vet the stone for you, as you would with HPHT stones.

Post growth treatment is open to interpretation. If they sell coloured stones then it's possible they are referring to irradiation. Worth enquiring if you're keen on a UK based vendor.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Hi, does anyone have any experience with Novita Diamonds in the U.K. ? I am looking for a locally available (does not need to be posted from the States and therefore acquire who knows what taxes and duties) lab created diamond and Novita is the only place I have found thus far .. however all their diamonds appear to be CVD with the proviso ‘may have post growth treatment’ on the IGI certificates that I have seen? Thanks for any thoughts..

You could also try Kimai (Antwerp) as they do various ready made pieces and high quality loose stones. The taxes and duties are included in the price so there are no additional costs. I've bought from Kimai several times.

I don't know why you would have a problem with CVD stones. As monipod said, what matters is that you are getting the quality and cut you're after.

4ly5ha

Rough_Rock

I know this is ages ago but I wanted to put it out there in case other people are reading / searching. I recently bought a ring from Brilliant Earth (because of the setting primarily). I haven't had it that long so cannot comment on longevity, but its beautiful, and best I can tell, set well. I haven't had any problems so cannot comment on customer service really. I paid in GBP (including VAT) up front on their website. It shipped from California, via Stansted where it had to go through customs.

It shipped with FedEx international priority shipping, and you can follow the package through its journey. It sat in customs a couple of days (Easter Bank Holiday), but cleared without any issues.

Most importantly, and the point of my post - there was no additional customs or duties charges for us. I don't think this is true of all US based retailers, e.g. from my research, Adiamor and James Allen don't charge VAT up front for international shipping., so can have an 'unexpected' surprise on arrival. It was delivered the first business day after arriving in the UK. So a little reassurance if anyone is considering a ring from them.

Ken Naw

Rough_Rock
I have found the most competitive prices for IGI certified lab diamonds is Abelini.com followed by diamondsfactory.co.uk, however I'm not sure you can buy just the diamond themselves, they need to be purchased with a ring etc in which it is set.

I too, had a problem finding and filtering for HPHT particularly for diamonds over 1.5ct where the vast majority of large diamonds use the faster CVD process.

So technique I found was to find the diamond with Queensmith lab diamond finder https://www.queensmith.co.uk/diamonds/loose-diamonds/lab-grown
And using the advanced filters select HPHT

Then find a diamond you like then see the details from the list by opening a NEW tab - otherwise you lose your filtered list.

Make a note of the IGI certicate number, then use it to search on Abelini and Diamonds factory to get the price of the diamond (you have to pick a solitaire diamond setting in order to pick a custom diamond and paste in the certicate number).

The diamonds seem to be stored in a centralised UK location where the retailers can order it, and charge their own selling price.

I've used Abelini 3 times with no customer service issue. They have great Trustpilot ratings too which is why I tried them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results