shape
carat
color
clarity

Nothing to do

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Happy New Years Day to everyone!!!

So it''s new years day and I don''t have anything to do and getting bored, so decided to go on here :)and post.

Anyways,since i don''t have anything to do, i decided to look at the asscher inventory of GOG and JA since I am still waiting for WF to bring another asscher for me.

Let me know if any of the stones are any good!!!

JA

GOG

GOG2

Thanks in advance

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
how much does it cost to get diamonds shipped to you and then send them back to Whiteflash??? Just curious because I hope to upgrade next year. thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the JA diamond didnt come up... bad link

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 2:45:41 PM
Author: Skippy123
how much does it cost to get diamonds shipped to you and then send them back to Whiteflash??? Just curious because I hope to upgrade next year. thanks

hey skippy, not really sure b/c the diamonds go straight to whiteflash but I pay $50 for shipping only if it passes WF standards and I reject it.

Hope that helps

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you. That is funny that the wrong link popped up for me. You are an assher girl. Good luck and I know it will be beautiful.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
med blue is a slight plus in my book if cut is equal but doesn''t make up for cut if they aren''t equal.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 2:47:41 PM
Author: strmrdr
too dark center its about a 4

Just was wondering what a 4 means...and also what exactly does a dark center do to the stone..does it affect its performance? looks?

thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 11:15:46 PM
Author: diamondsRforever

Date: 1/1/2007 2:47:41 PM
too dark center its about a 4

Just was wondering what a 4 means...and also what exactly does a dark center do to the stone..does it affect its performance? looks?

thanks
4 on a scale of 1 to 10.
An asscher thats too dark center isnt as lively looking as a well balanced one.
They also tend to look like black holes instead of 10 miles deep.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
ok..thanks. is it safe to say that dark centers are caused by table percentage higher than 62% or is cause by something else?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 11:27:24 PM
ok..thanks. is it safe to say that dark centers are caused by table percentage higher than 62% or is cause by something else?
They are caused by bad pavilion step angles, too large tables can make it worse by reducing the brightness of the rest of the stone.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 1:57:58 AM

They are caused by bad pavilion step angles, too large tables can make it worse by reducing the brightness of the rest of the stone.

hmmm...what if you tilt the stone in different angles, does the darkness go away? or am I just not making any sense?

Thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 2:19:22 AM

Date: 1/7/2007 1:57:58 AM

hmmm...what if you tilt the stone in different angles, does the darkness go away? or am I just not making any sense?

Thanks
yes it can, actualy it may be brighter at some angles than a better cut one and darker at others but when the eye/mind tries to align the pattern and get lost in the stone it is hard to do with a dark centered stone and it loses something special to varies degrees depending on how bad it is.
A darkish centered stone can still be very fiery and have a lot of broadflash fire making it look better than it is when everything is considered.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a side view of an asscher.

A: is the table facet
B: is the 3 crown steps and the girdle.
C: is the upper pavilion step
D: is the middle pavilion step
E: is the culet facet step

wiresview.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the angle of step C and its relationship and placement relative to the crown facets determines how bright they are.

The angle and placement of step D determines what type it is: Bright drop, wide step, multistep. (in a multi-step the relationship of these facets to the crown facets also comes into play determining if the step splits into a multi-step.)

The angle and placement of step E determines how bright the very center of the stone is.

What happens with a dark centered asscher is that angles of steps D and E in the illustration are off. Usualy step D will be too fat and step E too shallow in an attempt to keep weight.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This series of aset images of a well designed virtual asscher shows how the dark areas can fill in as the asscher is rotated.
A dark centered asscher can look good tilted because of this and still have a ton of broadflash fire but it also loses what I consider to be the most important feature of an asscher. The ability to draw one into the asscher with the 10 mile deep look.
The eye will center and level the pattern without much thought so the patterns become visible often.

smallsteptest.gif

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Makes a lot of sense, what about the windmills not lining up with the corner. is that becuase of the facet not lined up properly?

So everything is about symmetry?

Thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 12:16:14 AM
Makes a lot of sense, what about the windmills not lining up with the corner. is that becuase of the facet not lined up properly?

So everything is about symmetry?

Thanks
yes..
Technically the windmills should taper in with the widest part at the corner but what happens in order to make nice windmills and keep weight with small corners they will cut them wider than the corners.
Then they wreck it by not cutting them evenly because they don't have the corner as a reference.
I don't downgrade wider windmills than the corners unless they are uneven but feel that the even taper with the widest point at the outer corners looks best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results