shape
carat
color
clarity

Not "Warped" or is it just hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everybody! We''re back from two weeks of being "unplugged" in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and found this while sifting through some of our email... The following Mega Scope report was sent to us by a client who indicated that the report is for a diamond being offered by Diamond Cutters International and that the statement made to him was that "the diamond is not warped because the sum of the measurements add up to the total depth..."

Now does anybody see anything missing from this report? For instance, the measurements which actually make up the average measurements stated on the report?!?! Hmmm, interesting we think... We''re willing to bet that those measurements wouldn''t add up quite so nicely if the ACTUAL high and low measurements were disclosed and punched into a calculator
rolleyes.gif

And the diamond may not be "Warped" by DCI standards, but CHECK OUT the graph for the girdle edge!!! Now, if that''s not WARPED we don''t know what is
eek.gif

DCIntlMegaScopeRpt.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ew! It reminds me of the haircut the horrible Cruella deVille principal at my old school had. For some unknown reason, her hair was cut above her ear on one side, but gradually got longer around the back until it was shoulder length on the other. Tee hee! Once I spent a ridiculously long faculty meeting making doodles of her hair. They looked kind of like that girdle graph. Ok, maybe not really, I was just thinking about it because I just found out that the person who replaced me just quit in the middle of the school year.

Very off topic, I know.

Trinity

Rough_Rock
I have read bad things about DCI.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the details are missing, although I remember the days way back on Diamondtalk when the vendors used to show graphs exactly like that one with very wavy girdle graphs.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Robin/Todd - I think that's konamonroe's stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep elmo...that is exactly what I thought. R/T....read his thread and what Garry noted about the 16.1 crown % not matching with 34.5 angle.

where did KM go anyway? I wonder if he told Fred the diamond was warped...hehe.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Did you notice I was the first to pick up on that not Garry?
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes.
rolleyes.gif
Gold Star for Elmo!

But.....Garry actually explained it for us slow learners.
9.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
I was just being nice
12.gif
, Garry is a little outspoken sometimes. Didn't want to outright trash someone's 3 carat stone...at least without seeing that girdle plot
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/2/2004 11:06:22 PM elmo wrote:

I was just being nice
12.gif
, Garry is a little outspoken sometimes----------------
SOMETIMES???? HAHHHAHAHHAA ..... that's priceless!
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/2/2004 11:10:32 PM aljdewey wrote:

----------------
On 3/2/2004 11:06:22 PM elmo wrote:

I was just being nice
12.gif
, Garry is a little outspoken sometimes----------------
SOMETIMES???? HAHHHAHAHHAA ..... that's priceless!
9.gif

----------------

Garry's alright when he's not telling jokes!!
9.gif
2.gif

I would love to see the Sarin on this diamond. I just checked and those are the exact specs that Kona listed. Hummm......
rolleyes.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
A MegaScope report is basically a Sarin...just different machines.
2.gif
The stone should be re-run on a Sarin or MScope that is not Fred's property.
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Good point, Mara. An independent machine!
2.gif

konamonroe

Rough_Rock
I will not confirm or deny that the stone lised above is mine
confused.gif
. But I welcome all comments.....

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am mortally ofended that I could be accused of being outspoken "sometimes"

I AM ALWAYS OUTSPOKEN !!!!!

So K it seems I was wrong, and I aplogogise and owe you a beer or wine or joint or cuppa tea - you are just another duped Fred sucker and not Fred or a disciple
1.gif

Take the refund and run. You see I suspect the Sarin report (with Tolkowsky crown and pav angles) is the only one they have and they might even use it more than once
angryfire.gif

But I see now with the warped girdle that the stone could have the proportions quoted. But then I doubt anyone has ever seen such a wobbly warped diamond. The symmetry must be horrible - have you seen it through an ideal-scope?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/3/2004 1:47:37 AM konamonroe wrote:

I will not confirm or deny that the stone lised above is mine
confused.gif
. But I welcome all comments.....
----------------

OMG, did I read correctly that your 3c I color SI1 stone was 26k? Mine was nearly 5 figures less.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
This might be KM's stone, but that's not the client who is playing with it at the moment as far as we know... But here is the full version of the Mega Scope report as provided to us by the client and it confirms our initial suspicions
21.gif

DCIntlMegaScopeRpt2.jpg

anothernewbie

Rough_Rock
I thought Garry said in a previous thread that you couldn't measure angles out to two decimal places (40.96)????

Is that true, or am I imagining things
confused.gif
confused.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/3/2004 2:49:21 PM niceice wrote:

This might be KM's stone, but that's not the client who is playing with it at the moment as far as we know.
----------------

I guess another explanation could be a consistency of warp from stone to stone
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm wondering about Garry's comment about the re-purposed same Sarin/MScope for different stones. Esp considering that this is probably KM's stone which he has already bought, but yet some other client is emailing R/T about it? Interrestttinggg...

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
A possible bait and switch in the making??!!
confused.gif
11.gif
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results