shape
carat
color
clarity

NOT THAT I''M NERVOUS...I''ve chosen my EMERALD cut diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Well... I''ve been corresponding by e-mail and talking by phone to Bob at Whiteflash trying to find a 3+ carat emerald cut diamond...in my price range of course, which I have learned is a challenge! The color range I can afford is in the J''s and K''s.
I didn''t want to go as low as a K, so a J it was. There were only a couple available to look at. So Bob called in the best of the two. Earlier today he sent me pictures and I think it looks great. Yes, I know it''s a J step cut stone and it will show some color, but I think I''m OK with that. Now, my nerves started kicking in a little, when, after we had already decided to send the stone to an appraiser here in CT, we learned that many of the recommended appraisers, including mine, are in Tucson, AZ for a gem show until Feb 6TH! Sooooo, I decided to go ahead and purchase the stone and set an appointment for the week the appraiser returns (which will still be within my 10 day viewing period). The good thing is, I will get to see the stone, and "get comfortable" with it. It just doesn''t matter how you shake it, it''s a looooot of bucks. I tried to upload pictures, but the file is too large and I can''t figure out how to modify it. I can at least give you the specs:

3.24 ct
J
VS2
Depth: 64.9%
Table: 61.7%
Crown: 17.2% ( a little high, I know)
Girdle: medium to slightly thick

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I feel HEAD OVER HEELS in love with a HUGE (4 or 6 carat, can't recall now) J colored Royal Asscher. Yes, it was warm... but it was FABULOUSLY stunning as well. As long as YOU love it... who cares? If I had 80K I woulda forked it over for that RA in a heartbeat. It was set with 2 J bullets and OH MAN was it heart stopping (except for the setting... Leon Mage would have done a MUCH better job on that).

ETA: Send the pic to Pricescope Admin and they will help you with the sizing issues, BTW... and POST that BABY! AND did you get an IS from WF? I would like to see that too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, we must see this. Mail Admin. with your pics, and they''ll post them. Chop chop!
9.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can''t wait to see pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!!!!
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
LuLu, I can''t wait to see this! I LOVE emerald cuts - the bigger the better!

It''s nice to know with WF you can upgrade later if the color starts to bother you.

What type of setting are you thinking about?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI LLL:

I cannot wait to see your stone! Emerald cuts are just sooo elegant.....

BTW, before I bought my radiant, I tried on a large emerald cut (K color) and if they had not informed me it was a "K", well, I never woudda guessed...
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for replying! I have sent a request to Admin. for assistance in posting the photos. I am planning on a three stone setting with step cut trapezoids. I may pave'' the baskets. I have to say, that I am in LOVE with Fran Fine''s Leon ring. Hers is set with tapered baguettes and three sided/ milgrained pave'' 3/4 around the band. Stunning. I think I will probably let WF do the setting. They get high marks here on PS. Though, having a Leon creation would be verrrrrry niiiiiice. Widget, Decodelighted and Lorelei and many others have been very helpful to me in the past few months in trying to figure out just what I wanted out of a stone. So, yes now...of course..... I am totally open to suggestions.
28.gif

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Price Scope, thank you for helping me with the photos.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lady lulu, that looks like one gorgeous stone...

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
1.gif
Thanks, Mrssalvo. I am really anxious to SEE it in real life.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the look of a large carat emerald cut diamond! congratulations.

movie zombie

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love split shank halo like Ivanka Trump is wearing, I think that could look amazing. I seriously almost bought a ring just like it from a source in L.A.,it wasa 10 carat emerald cut, I think it was G/ VVS2, and it was set the same way. The price was good too, the person was selling it privately, but by the time I got it together it had sold. I then got my stone from TIffany''s and decided to go tapered baguettes, but now, seeing some of the gorgeous settings, I wish I had considered them, though I love my setting because it is classic and I will never tire of it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about emeralds, but it looks gorgeous! Do you know how you will set it if you end up keeping it?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a sweet EC congrates!
Cant wait to see the pictures of the completed ring.
17.2% crown height is kicken.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
That stone is beyond beautiful
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a winner to me!!! Can''t wait till you get it!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks awesome and beautiful!!! what are the dimensions?

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to post the dimensions! 10.28mm X 7.02mm X 4.59mm. L/W ratio is 1.46:1.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh man, that is GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Can''t wait to see it set, the step-cut trapezoid idea sounds breathtaking. Congratulations!

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everybody for all your kind replies. I''m not feeling quite so nervous now. I am really looking forward to putting this ring together.

Just an fyi....this is an upgrade for me...a maaaaajor upgrade. My current ring is a three stone princess cut with a tcw of 1.25 - .75 center with .25''s on either side, set in a platinum head with yellow gold band. It is very pretty. I also have a channel set band with princess cuts - .33 cts. I''m definitely keeping the set. The center stone was my engagement diamond. It is a beautiful stone F vvs1. But, alas...I have been waiting 19 years for this "upgrade", and I can''t believe...I really can''t believe I am finally able to do this. I should say WE, as my husband is certainly part of this deal. So, I look forward to your continued input on my project and I appreciate all the wonderful support!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, then extemely sincere congrats, you have certainly been patient and it seems like a stunner.

I love trap or bullet sides too, I think what ever you do it will be gorgeous!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 10:51:12 PM
Author: Lady LuLu
Thanks again everybody for all your kind replies. I''m not feeling quite so nervous now. I am really looking forward to putting this ring together.

Just an fyi....this is an upgrade for me...a maaaaajor upgrade. My current ring is a three stone princess cut with a tcw of 1.25 - .75 center with .25''s on either side, set in a platinum head with yellow gold band. It is very pretty. I also have a channel set band with princess cuts - .33 cts. I''m definitely keeping the set. The center stone was my engagement diamond. It is a beautiful stone F vvs1. But, alas...I have been waiting 19 years for this ''upgrade'', and I can''t believe...I really can''t believe I am finally able to do this. I should say WE, as my husband is certainly part of this deal. So, I look forward to your continued input on my project and I appreciate all the wonderful support!
19 years, congrats on that!! What a wonderful way to celebrate this milestone in your marriage. I''m sure whatever setting you pick will be stunning. And look forward to seeing it unfold as you go along. To me that''s the best part!!! I''m glad you are feeling less nervous, but know it''s a big decision!!!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 11:09:16 PM
Author: RockyGuy
Hi, I''m newbie here, and I''m looking for a diamond for my wife. Any comments about this one? Will strong blue have negative effect on it? Thanks!
AGS, ideal cut, G, VS2, 1.54ct.

. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 55.4
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.6
. Star : 52.3
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 76.8
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 7.44-7.47X4.57
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Strong Blue
Please start your own thread Rocky, look for the tab that says new topic.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY WOW BATMAN. I ADORE THAT EC! Oh.. I LOVE the corners on that baby... there''s this setting I have on one of my computers... don''t know which one... but it NEEDS an EC with corners like that one! I''ll see if I can find the pic... but two of them are out of commision for the time being (router died for the laptop, and the other one isn''t hooked up cause the apartment is too small.)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats LadyLulu - that is one gorgeous EC and with the classic shape too - YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 3:31:24 AM
Author: Lorelei
Congrats LadyLulu - that is one gorgeous EC and with the classic shape too - YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results