shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure my IGI Appraisal card matches my ring...please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mymywgc

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone I am new here, I just got an engagement ring for valentine''s day from my boyfriend... He told me he bought it from a friend.

Everything on the card looks right, except the description of the mounting. Here is what it says...

Description: One 14 kt yellow gold mounting (ring), weighing in total approx. 3.3 dtw., stamped "14 PT950 .61" & logo, containing one natural diamond (set in platinum), detailed description above:

The ring I have does not have a yellow gold mounting... what does (set in platinum) mean? Inscribed inside my ring is....ri 14kt It looks like white gold, def not yellow.

Any help is welcome!!!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
The mounting may have been changed from the original, hence the new card. "set in platinum" means the head (prongs) are platinum as opposed to gold. Not to worry. You can always get an appraial if it bothers you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
have it appraised with an independent appraiser.
Here is a list: https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx
The igi appraisal isn't worth the paper it is printed on in the best case and since it doesn't even have the color right it is even less so or it is the wrong report.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results