shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure if this is a good price?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not hugely familiar with lapis because I generally prefer faceted stones but this reminds me of a beautiful sky, it's also a signed piece.

It is currently on sale for $85 and I just sold a piece so I have some money to work with but I don't want to overpay.

IMG_8298.jpg IMG_8299.jpg IMG_8300.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is overpriced.
The color, while pretty, is way too pale. It is sometimes called denim lapis.
The best quality lapis is a vibrant cobalt blue. This one has too much white.
If it was set into gold, then I could understand the high price.
On the other hand, I just looked up Don Lucas, and he has quite a following, so maybe it's priced accordingly.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, thanks for weighing in, it's so hard to know and of course I didn't find another comparable but I'm still unsure so not going to jump on it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to me like the stone might not be set evenly. The top right edge seems to be lower than the bottom. It might just be a photographic illusion, but if not, that would really bug me.

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
If you enjoy the piece, I say go for it. Don Lucas jewelry seems to hold its value here in Central California with fans of Southwestern jewelry.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s very pretty and it does look like the sky on a semi cloudy summers day.
Does it include a sterling silver chain? I’d offer $70 and hope to get it for less than $80.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the thoughts everyone, I've decided to pass but if anyone is interested let me know and I'll tell you where to find it.

Actually sold two pieces today, people are buying! So if you have any jewelry box ornaments to sell you should list them :mrgreen:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Signed sterling pieces like this is an average price. I use to work and sell only silver for awhile.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Smith3, I do love the look of it but in reality I probably wouldn't wear it much. Now if we talking rings... whole other story.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results