shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure anymore about this stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cantwait4life

Rough_Rock

It’s a .75, G, VS2, very good cut, very good polish, good symmetry (GIA). I’m sorry I don’t have the rest of the details as of yet. We purchased for $3,000. I love the stone, it sparkles a lot at least from what I can tell but the cut advisor has it at 5.6. I have looked online for an excellent cut and it is way more than we paid given the same criteria (I will only go up to a G, VS2).

I’m not sure anymore. I really do love it but I don’t know if it was a smart purchase. I don’t want to tell my fiance anything because he paid for it and he bought it with love but I keep wondering if we could have gotten a better cut.

Is there really a huge difference between very good and excellent?? Sorry for the obviously awful picture. I don’t want to post a pic of the full ring because I know my fiance checks this place out often and don’t want him to recognize the ring. I really do love it but just not sure. I know the prongs look uneven but its not…my hand was turned a bit in the photo.

In lighting it sparkles a lot more than I expected but outside it doesn''t as much.

DSCN1595v2.JPG

Joan

Rough_Rock
I am no expert..however..if you love the ring is your major concern that the cut isn''t excellent? Or..is it how it looks that concerns you. If you love something..that''s it flaws and "supposed" imperfections and all. Which means that it could be perfect to you! Also..btw it looks quite sparkly and wonderful to me!

Joan

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could you have gotten a better cut? Probably, since there is another cut grade above "very good" in the GIA. But the better question is, "Does it matter?" Do you have the ability to get a refund? Are you willing to spend more money to get a higher cut grade? Would your FI be upset? Would you feel bad about returning it?

You said you love it and that it sparkles, that''s what counts. A "very good" GIA stone is still pretty darn good, better than most diamonds out there! Love what you have! If you cannot or do not want to return it, then keep it and love it and don''t worry about perfection! If you still want an ideal stone, then maybe one day you can get one for a RHR.

If you haven''t already, please post pictures in the SMTR forum, we love to look at sparklies around here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results