shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure about anniversary band

Chrisssy

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a 7 stone emerald band with 0.50 pointers. F color, VS1. Upon receipt I was a bit surprised by the graduated appearance, and having looked at the stones with my micrometer it looks like the smallest stone is 3.7mm x 5.2mm and the largest stone is 4.2mm x 5.4mm. I thought a typical 1/2 carat emerald Diamond should be 4mm x 6mm. Also should note, 1 of the small diamonds has a visible inclusion. Should I initiate a conversation with the jeweler or is it normal for a Diamond measuring at 3.7mm x 5.2mm to be categorized as a 0.50 pointer? B783AC1F-4672-4A7F-9DD4-A8C02C94143B.jpeg

Kya

Shiny_Rock
The ring is really nice and I love the specs you went with! That said, this is a big purchase and you should not settle for less than what you paid for.

Maybe its the picture, but the stones to me do seem to be slightly different sizes. Yes, stones of same carat weight can often vary in weight/ measurement distribution .
But I think that regardless of the stones being same carat weight, it is more than fair to expect stones on an anniversary or eternity band to be well-matched. That should go without saying IMO.
Also, at VS1 I would not expect a visual inclusion.
Definitely reach out and let us know how it goes!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would drive me crazy. They should match as much as possible.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
You have beautiful hands! The ring looks lovely but I would not be comfortable with a visible inclusion and graduated stones of you were told that they would all be the same size. There’s no way to know for sure if they are .50c stones if they are not certified. You could have an independent appraiser look at it for you but your first step is to talk to the jeweler and see what he/she says.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful ring and looks very well on you.

Is this custom work? Did you see the loose stones (individual stones) side by side before they were set? Proportions/matching is everything with this shape.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results