shape
carat
color
clarity

Not staying with my son at a b-day party ends in injury.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Nonetheless it is very hard to adequately supervise a birthday party if there are only one or two parents around.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Of course the mother should have told you, that''s a given, especially since you asked twice if everything was OK. I wouldn''t blame the mom for your son getting hurt, accidents happen, especially with boys! But the fact that she knew what happened and withheld it from you was wrong. I would have just said "the boys were playing and somehow Johnny got hit in the chest and has mark/bruise, he reacted ______________, I kept my eye on him and he seemed fine, but I wanted you to know." No big deal. But hiding it makes it seem much worse.

I had something similar happen along the same lines...my oldest daughters (twins, 8 yrs old) went to a sleepover at their best friends house. About a week later, I ran into the mom at school. She says "did your daughter tell you what happened at my house?" I said no. She says "well then I''m not going to tell you either, I told her she didn''t have to tell you if she doesn''t want to, and I guess she doesn''t want you to know." WTH? She''s 8, you better tell me what happened lady! Well, I finally told her that I NEEDED to know, she tells me that my daughter wet herself while over there. Well, that may seem like an accident to anyone else, but my daughter has some serious anxiety issues that we have dealt with in the past, seeing a therapist, etc. to the point that it was affecting her schoolwork. I''ve been noticing a few things creeping back up in the past few weeks, and was thinking it may be time for a revist to the therapist. And yes, knowing that she is wetting herself again definitely was the last push that made me get that therapy appointment. Had I not known that, maybe I would have gone back and forth about it and her anxiety would keep getting worse.

My point is, it doesn''t matter if you think it''s no big deal or not, it''s not your child, and you don''t have the right to make that judgement. Like another poster said, your son could have cardiac problems, she has no idea. Best to notify the parent of ANYTHING that happens when another child is in your care, and let the parents decide how to handle it.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
And the "helicopter" comment...totally uncalled for and rediculous. I don''t know anything about the poster, but they must not have any children. You are his mother, and he is 6 for goodness sake. That is your job!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 9:45:37 AM
Author: Girlrocks
And the ''helicopter'' comment...totally uncalled for and rediculous. I don''t know anything about the poster, but they must not have any children. You are his mother, and he is 6 for goodness sake. That is your job!!!
PP has a son. She''s been married *four* times though, so regarding any sorts of her comments regarding relationships, I take with not only a grain of salt, but an entire salt shaker full! I love how she based her analysis of my parenting based on one thread! lol

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 2:27:29 PM
Author: MC

And the ''helicopter'' comment...totally uncalled for and rediculous. I don''t know anything about the poster, but they must not have any children. You are his mother, and he is 6 for goodness sake. That is your job!!!
PP has a son. She''s been married *four* times though, so regarding any sorts of her comments regarding relationships, I take with not only a grain of salt, but an entire salt shaker full! I love how she based her analysis of my parenting based on one thread! lol
Wow- totally rude

There seems to be a pattern with your threads that I have noticed.
You start these "woe is me threads" and as soon as someone gives you
a ''different'' view point you get your feelings hurt.

If you are going to throw this stuff out here for us to "discuss" you
better be ready for what comes back at you.

Your comment about PP was very uncalled for. So she''s been married four times and can''t give her opinion?
WTF?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC,
Have to say what you said about PP was most uncalled for.
38.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock

Ok, sorry, but just as I thought her comment to you was uncalled for, I think the statement you made about her is even more uncalled for. I''m stepping out of the conversation now since it seems to be taking an ugly path.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 2:58:11 PM
Author: sevens one

Wow- totally rude

You start these ''woe is me threads'' and as soon as someone gives you
a ''different'' view point you get your feelings hurt.

If you are going to throw this stuff out here for us to ''discuss'' you

Your comment about PP was very uncalled for. So she''s been married four times and can''t give her opinion?
WTF?

I agree, and actually I was going to make this post yesterday before any of these other posts happened but got sidetracked.

MC, WHY do you post this stuff on Pricescope if you can''t take the heat in the kitchen? I know it''s a great forum and most of us are civil, but we certainly are OPINIONATED too. You really get defensive a lot, and then go have threads pulled when you don''t like the way it''s going.

I don''t get it?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
PP has picked on me numerous times!!! She she takes her reputation as being canded too far and uses that as an excuse to make rude comments because she feels it's her right. She is an internet bully. She's been rude to others, as well. I have EVERY right to defend myself when I feel that she has overstepped her boundries. She acts as if she knows it all and is perfection when it comes to all, yet she has made her fair share of mistakes!!! THAT WAS MY POINT! She's made bad decisions, AS WELL! She has NO right to tell me I'm a bad mom.

I had no idea I am so disliked on Pricescope! Ladies, thanks for making that clear!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:10:01 PM
PP has picked on me numerous times!!! She she takes her reputation as being canded too far and uses that as an excuse to make rude comments because she feels it''s her right. She is an internet bully. She''s been rude to others, as well. I have EVERY right to defend myself when I feel that she has overstepped her boundries. She acts as if she knows it all and is perfection when it comes to all, yet she has made her fair share of mistakes!!! THAT WAS MY POINT! She''s made bad decisions, AS WELL! She has NO right to tell me I''m a bad mom.

I had no idea I am so disliked on Pricescope! Ladies, thanks for making that clear!

Whoa whoa, chill out MC! No one said anything about disliking you!

When did she ever say you were a bad mom? She thinks you made a big deal out of nothing. She never said you were a bad mom. Plus her first comment was just about parenting in general, which I agree with.

You are being very presumptuous to say what her motives are as if you are PP.

I have nothing against you MC, but you do seem to play the victim and take things personally from time to time. Your last post is a perfect example of that. Now will you delete this thread too?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 2:58:11 PM
Author: sevens one

And the 'helicopter' comment...totally uncalled for and rediculous. I don't know anything about the poster, but they must not have any children. You are his mother, and he is 6 for goodness sake. That is your job!!!
PP has a son. She's been married *four* times though, so regarding any sorts of her comments regarding relationships, I take with not only a grain of salt, but an entire salt shaker full! I love how she based her analysis of my parenting based on one thread! lol
Wow- totally rude

You start these 'woe is me threads' and as soon as someone gives you
a 'different' view point you get your feelings hurt.

If you are going to throw this stuff out here for us to 'discuss' you

Your comment about PP was very uncalled for. So she's been married four times and can't give her opinion?
WTF?
Just because I'm "throwing stuff out there," doesn't mean that one should use that as an excuse to be rude to me.

Anyway, I'm through here. After five years and nearly 6,000 posts, I see now that nobody has considered what I say/do as a positive contribution. I had NO idea what my posts and behavior are being tracked and looked down upon.

I guess I've been naive enough to consider that some people may actually like me.

My final "woe is me thread." You happy now?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:18:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 1/26/2009 6:10:01 PM
PP has picked on me numerous times!!! She she takes her reputation as being canded too far and uses that as an excuse to make rude comments because she feels it''s her right. She is an internet bully. She''s been rude to others, as well. I have EVERY right to defend myself when I feel that she has overstepped her boundries. She acts as if she knows it all and is perfection when it comes to all, yet she has made her fair share of mistakes!!! THAT WAS MY POINT! She''s made bad decisions, AS WELL! She has NO right to tell me I''m a bad mom.

Whoa whoa, chill out MC! No one said anything about disliking you!

When did she ever say you were a bad mom? She thinks you made a big deal out of nothing. She never said you were a bad mom. Plus her first comment was just about parenting in general, which I agree with.

You are being very presumptuous to say what her motives are as if you are PP.

I have nothing against you MC, but you do seem to play the victim and take things personally from time to time. Your last post is a perfect example of that. Now will you delete this thread too?
Ditto to TG. MC you need to chill woman. She never called you a bad Mom. Heck what you have said about her is worse than what she said to you. YOU took this to a whole new level. by saying she was married 4 times and NOW you say she is an internet bully?? Ummm wow..... No one said anything about disliking you. I just think your comments to her were most unfair. I am all about being fair. Don''t take your ball and leave the playground.
5.gif

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Enough

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results