shape
carat
color
clarity

Not on the list of clients....

Ukgirl

Rough_Rock
Please help me! I had my heart set on a Leon mege string theory band in platinum with white diamonds. This was my 10th anniversary and 40th birthday from my husband. I contacted them and so did my DH twice within the last 2 weeks to discuss time scale etc. We were told no problem etc. I went online to place the order last night but because I don't have a US address I couldn't put it through. I phoned up this afternoon and was told not to worry, they could either take my Amex or I could do a bank wire. They said they'd sent a purchase order to my email. Instead however I had an email directly from Leon saying that as I wasn't a customer I couldn't place the order... :(( :(( :(( :((

I really wanted a super thin, high quality stacking band with pave all the way around. The string theory was exactly what I was after and fitted the budget, plus I had always admired LM work in general.

Is there anyone else you can recommend? I read about a vendor on etsy, is there anyone else?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That all sounds a bit odd, on their website it looks as though they are quite happy to sell and ship overseas. That band is very beautiful but sooooooo thin- I wonder how easy it would be to send back to LM if you had any problems with it? Have you looked at Tiffany? They have a band, the Metro, which looks similar and might be easier to get hold of if you live in the UK (I'm assuming because of your name.......).

Ukgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you snowdrop. I did look at the metro but here in the uk it is a about $1000 more expensive and also I don't think available in platinum. I emailed Leon to ask why I can't buy the string theory but he just emailed back 'thank you', not sure what the problem is, just wish they had made us aware of their terms a couple of weeks ago so we could have spent the time looking for an alternative. I'm wondering if I have inadvertently offended him......

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Are you interested in a pre-loved Tiffany Metro? (if LM doesn't work out)

cheers--Sharon

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
LM can be a real jerk. If preloved does not bother you, I also suggest you look into a preloved Tiffany Metro. Check out some of the threads on ps. There are quite few people here that have similar bands from different vendors. I think if you want platinum you should do some research on the right alloy for such a thin band.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have to call him to clarify the comment. Seems like something has been lost in the translation!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure I'd want to deal with someone who behaved as if they didn't want my business, especially long distance!

Are you set on a full eternity? I had a look at Brian Gavin- he has some lovely thin bands in platinum but most are half or three quarters styles. Within your stated budget, though.

Ukgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your kind replies. I have ordered one from SK whose customer service was fabulous.

Sharon, thank you for the offer, I'm sorry I didn't see it before I made my purchase but I am sure it will get snapped up.

I did phone back to check. I was initially on the phone with a colleague who said no problem, I'll email you a work order and then I was to call back with card details to pay. 5 minutes later I received the email directly from Leon so I called back thinking there was a misunderstanding and spoke to the same colleague who sounded very surprised. She checked with Leon (I presume) and came back and said all bands on his site were only available to clients who had bought engagement rings. Whether true or not I now feel he was completely dismissive and left me with the impression I wasn't a good enough customer - not spending enough money etc.

Anyway, all sorted now. I've heard great things about SK so I'm very excited, I'll post back when I have it in a couple of weeks.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear you have bought something lovely!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you'll be glad that you went with SK in the end. The workmanship, customer service and all around experience will be top notch. Can't wait to see the amazing piece when you get it!

susief

Shiny_Rock
I did read somewhere on Leon Mege's site that his wedding bands were only available to those who had bought engagement rings - I assumed this meant plain bands as this was what the page seemed to be about, but maybe it means all bands. You'd think his staff would know what his policies are though...

I've seen too many mangled LM rings on here to have any faith in the quality and durability of his workmanship. Steven Kirsch sounds a much better bet.

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
I didn't know that the wedding bands were only available to customers who previously purchased engagement rings from him. Granted, I haven't spent too much time on his site to read that policy. IMO, I wouldn't turn away a customer if I were a business owner.

Glad you find a better alternative that puts a smile on your face!!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never heard of such a 'policy' - rubbage!! Glad you found SK - the ring should be beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you went with SK! :appl: WAY too many issues with LM.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results