shape
carat
color
clarity

Not in love with designed plat setting, recourse?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackball

Rough_Rock
Just had a setting designed in platinum, but didn''t love the design (I had given color photos of the exact setting). The designer did pave instead of channel, and the galleys aren''t uniform. What should I do...?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Not to add fuel to the fire but I'm pissed for you. I'd want to kill him, I hate when designers (of any product) take liberties like that after agreeing on a design with you.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
That's upsetting! Have you paid him anything yet?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness some one is having lucid thought - have you paid for anything yet? Have you discussed how this ring is not the one in the picture?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Blackball, I feel your anguish. I hope the problem can be resolved.

Years ago I had a bad experience having a custom pave eternity band made for me. I gave the jeweler (who was referred to me by a friend) pictures, measurements, detailed specifications, you name it. He was to make it in wax first for my approval. Sounded perfect. Weeks went by. I called many times. I was told by his assistant, he was working on it. Finally got a call that it was done. What? Done? What happened to the wax? They said he skipped that part since he knew exactly what I wanted. Went to see it, and it was not ANYTHING like I wanted! It looked nothing like the PICTURE I gave him. It was not half round but flat, no white gold beads with yellow gold at each outer edge, bla, bla, bla. Needless to say, my husband and I were a bit peeved! After much arguing, we got our deposit (thank goodness) and never went back. I eventually purchased one (not custom) and paid more for it. I've never ventured to have another "custom" ring made again.

Hope you can discuss the situation with the jeweler and he will either return your deposit (if you made one) or agree to make the ring again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Put your foot down, don't pay the remainder (unless you already have)...and if he does not want to help make things right, threaten to file a complaint with the BBB (if he is even a member) or you can always take it to one of the local TV channels (like ABC 7 on your side)--alot of times they get results on things like this on the consumer's behalf!

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Pave is better looking than channel in my mind... if done the right way.
But I know this wont help you!

Trichrome.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results