shape
carat
color
clarity

Not getting new setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 9:29:02 PM
Author: Gypsy
*Sigh* Thanks guys.
5.gif

I''m just so HAPPY that we didn''t get thing thing insured. LOL. If we''d gotten it insured like intelligent people it would be at Quest-- and I would be obligated to continue the work on it once it started.

Now at least I have one less financial obligation to worry about. And time to see how Isaku''s ring with the same halo comes out!

Okay, so I''m working a little hard at silver linings... but hey, what''s a girl to do. For now, I''ll admire all the bling second hand. Then who knows. Maybe something amazing will happen and I''ll get a much better job-- preferably in DC where we really would rather move back to and I''ll be able to drive Quest crazy in person!
19.gif
Gypsy...I''m so sorry that you were laid off and have to postpone your new setting for awhile. Bummer!!!!
8.gif

There is no progress with my project at the moment either. The diamond I want is ''on memo"and so not available for immediate purchase....I''m trying hard to be patient.

There is a world of difference in priorities though between a ring and a job.

I hope you find a much better job very soon!!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku! Oh I hope they get it in soon! I was actually excited that your would be getting done-- living vicariously and all that!

UPDATE:
Good news on the job front. Have two interviews with agencies who have positions starting at the beginning of June. One would be in Manhattan, which would be a commute for me, but the pay would be a nice bonus. The other would be in NJ, and closer to my house than my last position. And the pay is SIGNIFICANTLY more than the position I just lost!

If I get either of those... these next couple of weeks will be chalked up to an unpaid vacation and I'll have a chance to go visit my family in CA. Plus there is one position in DC-- the pay is the same as the position I had, but it's for 6 months only. HOWEVER, it would be exactly the right job to give me more experience in what I want to do-- which is become a legislative analyst/ bill drafter.... AND the state legislative jobs open for posting around August... so if I were working at that position (and renting a tiny room somewhere in DC area) I would stand a better chance at getting one of those than I did last year... and last year I almost landed one!

It would be hard to pas on the salaries of the positions here in NJ and NY for the one in DC (plus rent)-- but as I want to enter public service, taking salary hits is something I am willing to accept-- so is the renting of a tiny room for 6 months. It would be worth it in the long run to achieve my goals.

Keep your fingers crossed. I woke up this morning, and did NOT want to get out of bed. But then I started getting phone calls! Now, things are looking up.
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Good luck, I''m sure you''ll find something great!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED! I start a new job making more money on Monday!!!!! The setting is back on... and hotter than ever!!! Here''s a pic (ignore the pave wedding band) of what I''m getting!!!

GypsyTaperedB.jpg

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Hope we''ll still see you Sunday.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! Yeah... I'm going to have to cancel on that... I'm obligated to 60 hours a week for this position so I need this weekend to relax and unwind... drving the 500 miles round trip alone won't be in the plans... which is too bad cause I was looking forward to it. My, what a short vacation week this has been. LOL.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, congrats again on your new job!
36.gif
As the saying goes "when one door closes, another opens." Too bad the door opened and smacked you in the head so quick, lol! What a blessing, though. I''m sad for you that you won''t be able to attend the get-together (even though I am not even remotely involved), but so happy things have turned around in a completely different (and decidedly better) direction for ya! cheers!
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, that was QUICK!
36.gif
Congrats on your new job!!! And bring on the ring designing!!
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU Monach and KD! LMAO. Yes, it's quick. I'm only doing temporary work right now. The pay is good.. .very good. And it's giving me the experience I need, plus it's flexible for now... since what I really want is a public service position and they are a bit hard to get... so for now, despite having to pay for my own benifits... I'm happy. Of course I'm am obligated to work 60 hours a week... but at a firm I'd be doing that anyway.... if not more hours a week. And the number of temporary projects out here (thank you god) are plentiful (litigious state). They are long term assignments 3 to 6 months. So the bills get paid, and I get as much vacation time as I want between jobs (when I want vacation time, I didn't want any this time).

Although if that DC 6 month position come up with an offer to me... I'm probably going to take it (and the huge paycut) so that I can get the Public Service job I want by next year.... there will be plenty of high paying temp positions when that one is over so I'll re-coup the money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results